• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
didn't either lozr or pp kill the other with firefox/bird one time at a billfest? that was mad sexy, I can't remember who did it though.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
which is almost as sexy as shine bair with fox off stage.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kevin gettin' off tonight.

Wow.

EDIT: Have y'all moved on? Discussion is a little weak now.

Foxy

Smash Master
After all of this recent drama, I have decided to step down, not only from the leadership of the Melee PR, but as a member completely.

I really apologize for having given the appearance that I had a personal bias, or that I was doing a very poor job. I'm sorry I caused some heated debate, and hopefully leaving the panel can help everyone understand that I'm not concerned with positively influencing my own position.

I believe that Kevin will be replacing me as the new leader of the PR, and I will no longer have anything to do with the procedures. Everything henceforth will be his decision.

Thanks for the opportunity,
Foxy

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
After all of this recent drama, I have decided to step down, not only from the leadership of the Melee PR, but as a member completely.

I really apologize for having given the appearance that I had a personal bias, or that I was doing a very poor job. I'm sorry I caused some heated debate, and hopefully leaving the panel can help everyone understand that I'm not concerned with positively influencing my own position.

I believe that Kevin will be replacing me as the new leader of the PR, and I will no longer have anything to do with the procedures. Everything henceforth will be his decision.

Foxy
Fox is sincere in his intent, guys. Please consider what he is doing. I did not persuade him to do this at all, and still would prefer he stay onboard.

Regardless, my announcement post will now be shorter because Foxy is an anxious man lol.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
Wasnt melee supposed to be fun?

i mean.... who cares about ranks if u wanna be #1 then play more and make it understood ur the best

if not, play more melee, and have a gr8 time

knowing where you stand is great and all, but in all honesty dont u think if you'd played everyone in the top 10, you would have a great idea of how u line up without needing a PR list
i wish this was relevant to me buuuut...whenever i play someone i always have one ambition: to be better than them(unless of course i'm playing someone i already know is better than me) which is why i would get mad or discouraged when i lose to someone i know/think i can beat.

OMG

Ocean, believe me when I say this.

I didn't mean to type that. I hit a bunch of keys on the keyboard.

WTF
too good.

look at pp, totally ignoring me >.>
makes you wonder why there's an ignore list.

Foxy
foxyyy. :( although i hardly know you at all(although i would like to :p) i do not think you would step down after ONE seemingly unfair ranking period. and if i remember correctly, no one wants you to leave the panel, they just want you to do a better job on the next one. as long as you do that, everything will be fine...probably. :)

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

Foxy
Drama is misinterpreted

Drama doesnt mean "You have done a bad job, go away pl0x"

Drama means "This is how I feel about the matter, strike my argument down if you can, or admit that a mistake was made and propose how you either will fix it or think the problem was not a big deal"

Running away was not one of the original options

But if you feel like you must, then maybe I can attribute that to your humble nature.///

But really!? You're letting a bunch of whiney kids get u down and actually convince u that u did a poor job at something that u put a lot of thought and time into?

If you feel like someone else would be better suited for the job, then ur decision makes sense to me. But it sounds like u dont think that in the slightest, though others may think that. I guess all im saying is that drama in and of itself is not a good reason to give in. I would see it more as an opportunity to show just how qualified I was for the job I had put so much into.

nevertheless, if u feel like defending urself and sticking with it is simply not worth the time at all, then i cant say i blame you

but im not sure that i can have symphathy for u if ur just gonna leave after some drama...
i dont even see it as drama ...if this had happened irl, it just would have been a conversation that took a while...far from drama

drama is when u find out ur girlfriend cheated on u for ur brother and ur brother denies it until u find them sleeping together the morning after only because ur brother figured u would be gone from the house b/c he found out about ur secret gay night life, but ur actually not gay at all, u just let ppl think that cuz u need an excuse to go out late to meet another girl who uve been cheating on with ur girl already but who ur parents said u werent allowed to see cuz her parents think that ur parents are arrogant, when they only invited them over for dinner to treat them well but the parents took it as an opportunity to show off their fancy house.......etc

<3mfoxy, only I think maybe I just took ur post as a T.T moment for nc, when i feel like u could have very well defended ur position as leader, even though ppl (including me) said that the job could have been done better (in perhaps more colorful verbage than that, but nevertheless...)

Foxy

Smash Master
I'm not stepping down from the drama, but from the source of the drama. A lot of issues were shown towards myself specifically, and I feel like it would be a larger help to the community to take my leave and let it all work itself out. There won't really be any major change to the rankings, they'll be just as good or better. And I'm not leaving after one period, I have been part of these for a long time, so it's not so much quitting early. I would just rather leave it to other people.

I'm doing my best to mediate, and to give my apology. I'm definitely sticking to my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom