• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
Hey all. I live in Butte Co. about an hour north of Sactown. I might be in the San Jose/Cupertino area in Nov or Dec. I am up for weekend games if there is a big enough group. email me for any events in the sactown area.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by BTZO
Oh and our crew will take on DBR. You guys better watch out for TWAP:p . j/k, you guys would probably tear us up, but we'll see...
Care to put a wager on that? How many people are in your crew? We happily accept all challenges. I might have a smashfest at my house during one day of Thanxgiving break, so I'll keep you guys posted.......

BTZO

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by The GERM
Care to put a wager on that? How many people are in your crew? We happily accept all challenges. I might have a smashfest at my house during one day of Thanxgiving break, so I'll keep you guys posted.......
If you look though there is a little j/k (just kidding). And there are 5 people in our crew. We did change the name though, cuz some people didn't like it. It is now TMCE. We would like to challenge you though so PLEASE keep us posted, cuz I'm getting kinda bored of playing the same people over and over again.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Originally posted by n64smashmaster
Hey all. I live in Butte Co. about an hour north of Sactown. I might be in the San Jose/Cupertino area in Nov or Dec. I am up for weekend games if there is a big enough group. email me for any events in the sactown area.
Aww man, I'm going to be in Oroville and maybe Paradise on Thanksgiving weekend. I'd say, if you're still going to be there at that time, let me know.

--GCII

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by The Game II
Aww man, I'm going to be in Oroville and maybe Paradise on Thanksgiving weekend. I'd say, if you're still going to be there at that time, let me know.

--GCII
Yeah, I will probably be in the area.

malva00

Smash Master
Originally posted by n64smashmaster
Yeah, I will probably be in the area.
Do you play ssb64 n64smashmaster? If so I challenge you. For money if you want to doesn't have to be though. I live in San Jose.

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by malva00
Do you play ssb64 n64smashmaster? If so I challenge you. For money if you want to doesn't have to be though. I live in San Jose.
Well, ill have to dust my 64 off. I currently dont own SSB, so you'll have to provide one if I dont get a copy soon. I havent played 64 in a while, so I dont know if we play for cash, depends on how I feel. let me know your schedule when you are down here.

Geo

Smash Ace
OK I will be down in Sac playing TeamScape all Thanksgiving break. That's like 7 (my people + TeamScape) people if I bring my whole crew, if not then it's just 5-6. n64 would you like to come down and play us when we are in Sac?

If it's alright with Simna and Ender maybe more people could come and we could get a solid smash fest. I look forward to seeing you guys. Oh and Simna should I bring my cube?

thelazzattack

Smash Rookie
NNID
RobertLazzarini
Bay Area uh? That would rock. I live in downtown San Jose. Yup, pretty much smack-dab in the middle of it.

Is there anybody around this area that's good. Like really insanely crazy-good. Everyone I know in the area isn't that great.

So, pretty much I'm challenging anyone to a battle in the Bay Area. It's hard to go to other places when you don't have a car. Or a license. (that part makes it difficult to get around).

I want to know how good I really am.

thanks-

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
simna doesnt come to SWF much, but I know he has 2 TVs, so I can bring my cube and we can have two sets going at once.

If N64master comes down at thanksgiving and neph brings his crew will have (+)8 people. it should be good times. anyone else who wants to come to sac during thanksgiving, my aim is nder81

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Originally posted by thelazzattack
Bay Area uh? That would rock. I live in downtown San Jose. Yup, pretty much smack-dab in the middle of it.

Is there anybody around this area that's good. Like really insanely crazy-good. Everyone I know in the area isn't that great.

So, pretty much I'm challenging anyone to a battle in the Bay Area. It's hard to go to other places when you don't have a car. Or a license. (that part makes it difficult to get around).

I want to know how good I really am.

thanks-
Crazy good in the area is quite the understatement. . . More like Insane crazy good. . .

The GERM

Smash Ace
Smashfest and soon to come Tournament heads up...

Ok, i'm gonna have a smashfest at my house The Friday during Thanksgiving break. It's NOT a tournament. Just friendlies and money matches for all. We'll probably have about 4 to 6 TV's in my living room and family room set up. It'll start from as early as 10 o'clock in the AM till around 6 or 7 PM. We will try to have VCR's running on as many TV's as possible for recording. We will also have some old school SSB running for those of you who want to get your 64 on. Whoever is thinking of going, please post or IM me at "GERMdbr", I wanna get a head count before I put my address and number out thurr. Oh yeah, and whoever is taking BART to get here, I can pick you up at the Pleasant Hill or Walnut Creek bart station, from San Francisco, just take the Pittsburg/Bay Point train. I live in Concord which is almost exactly 40 minutes on BART from SF and about the same from Berkeley.

As of right now, we're in the midst of getting a hold on a run down theatre which is now a church of sorts to hold a smash tournament. They're holding a Halo 2 tournament there next weekend and our esteemed Doc player Bob Money goes to the youth groups down there so he's smothing them out right now into letting us run a smash tournament sometime in December and it's looking pretty good.

So with that said, whatever crew wants to come battle it out with DBR at the smashfest for money of whatever, just holla, and we'll duke it out Kish rules style, just bring yo skillz suckuz........

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
upcoming tourneys

Hey everyone I live in Belmont, California. If anyone is hosting a tournament or feels like smashing maybe we can meet up sometime. Too bad I don't have my license I regret taking drivers ed. 2 years ago and never going to the DMV to take my test and stuff but theres always public transsportation =P I highly doubt I'll be able to make to your tournament, i'll probably be busy or just don't have a way to get there.

I recently went to a tournament at my high school I lost in semi's to a fox player. The finals was a fox vs. Falcon, fox dominated. The sad thing is that I play Falco I should have easily won against a fox but the pressure killed me :( It was my first tournament so I'm satisfied about my performance.

Geo

Smash Ace
OK so Thanksgiving break is next week and I will be down in Sac on Monday. I have to work all weekend but I get the rest of the week off, so I'll be playing TeamScape all week. Simna, Ender what days can I come down? Don't want to be a hassle for you guys.

Anyone else wanna come down and smash with us? It'll will be worth your time.

NorCal. Step. It. Up. This thread is lifeless. This is Cali we are talking about, where are all the Smashers?

TeamScape I look forward to meeting you all next week.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Nekurbis86
Yeah it looks like some of my crew will be there germ from BART. this will be interesting..
OK tight. How many of you are coming? I want names, board names if they have one, and who their main character is. This should be good, I've been antsy for ****** some people, we'll get some teams goin' too. If you or anyone from your crew or anyone in general want any money matches with any of us in DBR, just post who and how much, I don't really care. I don't exactly know how much money any of us will have if any, but just incase......But if all else fails, friendlies all day all the way.......

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Originally posted by Nephilim
Simna, Ender what days can I come down? Don't want to be a hassle for you guys.

Anyone else wanna come down and smash with us? It'll will be worth your time.
I dont know if I have any days off for thanksgiving break at my college, but I would take off monday. I am pretty sure you can come any day/days of the week. I have Tuesdays,thursdays and friday off anyway, becuase no school those days, so thats given as long as you can come then.

Anyone else wanna come down (or up depending on where you live) thanksgiving break is fine.

ZelgadisQmega

Smash Apprentice
I challenge all fox's who come to the smashfest to money matches. You bring the money, I'll gladly take it off your hands. 10 bucks sound good?

Zarelid

Smash Lord
take money off my hands yeah right zel!!!! if I got up there and you got money to give to me i'll gladly take it, since thats what I do in money matces =) (except for our older one!)

BTZO

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by ZelgadisQmega
I challenge all fox's who come to the smashfest to money matches. You bring the money, I'll gladly take it off your hands. 10 bucks sound good?
I am sure my friend Carlos (Final Fox) will take your challenge. A Fox fight, sounds good.

Final Fox

Smash Rookie
Ok heres the thing. My comp is too slow so i wont be able to post here often. I might be able to take your challenge if....

1: If i can get the money {10 dollars?!?!? im not rich!!
2:if i can find a way to get there and how to get there.

But anyway just pour the gravy. I have no idea what that meant.

Do you edgeguard? LOL!!

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
ok, I havent been on this thread for a while, so i dont quite know how many smashfests are going on in Sacramento during thanksgiving break. I live about an hour away, and I dont know if I can go or not, so I need SPECIFIC days, times, and location(s) of this. email me: gold_leader64@hotmail.com

shadowcloud

Smash Apprentice
I just moved to Daly City and having been looking for some melee tournaments. I play with a five man team and would love to play DBR but 3 members of my team live in Central Cali but if anyone wants to play my friend and I are both pretty good and will play anyone.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by shadowcloud
I just moved to Daly City and having been looking for some melee tournaments. I play with a five man team and would love to play DBR but 3 members of my team live in Central Cali but if anyone wants to play my friend and I are both pretty good and will play anyone.
Hey I used to live in Daily City, Come to our smashfest man. There's BART in Daly City....

Final Fox

Smash Rookie
Ok cool then Z..{im not typing out the name cause i forgot how}..so ill call you Z. But anyway if i can find a way to get up there.{maybe BTZo will help me} then i will go...i got paid 40 bucks this week but im a fraid that if i go there and there is a drive by shooting.....i dont wanna die..waaaa! Do you have buletproof glass?

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
These are the people I'm pretty sure who are coming GERM on BART. I believe we are all going to the Pleasant Hill Station.

In alphabetical order..

Jing-Shiek
Joseph-Falco
Kurtis(me)-Sheik
Largo-???hes all over the place
Steven-Fox

People who want, but can't go so if they have any last minutes changes I will let you know..

Mitchel-Link
Myko-Marth

I will be updating this accordingly up to the last minute before we leave

BTZO

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Final Fox
Ok cool then Z..{im not typing out the name cause i forgot how}..so ill call you Z. But anyway if i can find a way to get up there.{maybe BTZo will help me} then i will go...i got paid 40 bucks this week but im a fraid that if i go there and there is a drive by shooting.....i dont wanna die..waaaa! Do you have buletproof glass?
Yeah hopefully we can get down there cuz I am really looking forward to it. Hopefully Miles can give us a ride. Hey can anyone make it down here for the next Monterey Bay league? The details are in the Monterey Bay league thread, under this topic.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Originally posted by The GERM
Hey I used to live in Daily City, Come to our smashfest man. There's BART in Daly City....
hello everybody. i am the friend shadowcloud was talking about. but yeah GERM, we would love to play you but as my friend said, thanksgiving weekend isn't a good one as we won't be in town. but when are you hosting another one? and where do you live?

Clod-Zero

Smash Rookie
crew battle

These are the people I'm pretty sure who are coming GERM on BART. Is there any limit to how many people come?

In alphabetical order..

Derrick-Peach
Jeff-Captain Falcon
Jing-Shiek
Jim-Ice Climbers
Justin-Marth
Kurtis(me)-Sheik
Largo-???hes all over the place
Steven-Fox
Tim-Falco
(>^^)>
Hey, pick 5 or 6 of your best players and we'll crew battle at the smashfest. DBR vs. ????crew. We also have to play teams, test out the new hottness, Team Date **** baby, Doc slips em' the pill, and falcon does the ******...

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
Clod

Hey, pick 5 or 6 of your best players and we'll crew battle at the smashfest. DBR vs. ????crew. We also have to play teams, test out the new hottness, Team Date **** baby, Doc slips em' the pill, and falcon does the ******...
By The Way if Jeff decides not to come after all then since hes kind of the "leader" of his crew, most likely the rest of his crew won't go niether =/ which includes (jim, tim, justin, and derrick) they wouldn't be cool because jeff, tim, and derrick is better than mitchel and I and so the dbr vs. ????crew will totally **** us up (>^^)>

eDit: aw man Jeff ins't going that means his whole crew isn't either. -.-

Are you guys sure you don't need us to bring anything other than our skillz? and are we gonna order pizza or something =D

Raider

Smash Rookie
Don't know if anyone knows this yet (didn't take time to read all the posts) but there is going to be a tournament in Frisco around Feburary. If u want info check mlgpro.com around the first week of December. I'm gonna be there & I I'm looking for some1 to beat me.:cool:

Geo

Smash Ace
Well I went down to Sac and played TeamScape, great bunch of guys and some very fun matches.

I can go to Sac whenever now on the bus and Ender is offering to pick me up from Roseville so we can have more smashfest.

Anyone else wanna come down and play us?

HugS told me that a train ticket to the Bay area would only be about 50 bucks round trip so next time anyones having a smashfest/tourney in the Bay area hit me up and I'll go for sure.

malva00

Smash Master
Well I went down to Sac and played TeamScape, great bunch of guys and some very fun matches.

I can go to Sac whenever now on the bus and Ender is offering to pick me up from Roseville so we can have more smashfest.

Anyone else wanna come down and play us?

HugS told me that a train ticket to the Bay area would only be about 50 bucks round trip so next time anyones having a smashfest/tourney in the Bay area hit me up and I'll go for sure.
A train from where? o_O Doesn't HugS live in SoCal..

malva00

Smash Master
I know Isai but we were talking on the hub and HugS looked up the price of a train ticket from Sac to Frisco.
Train LOL You can go from Sacramento to San Francisco for $27.50 on greyhound and that's without 7 day advance. Plus the second person is half off.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
caltrain may not be as convenient but with student discount its only about $5 round trip from san jose to san fran

uhm Germ its the Pittsburg/Baypoint train I should take right? and is it the last stop? i think i should get your cell number or something soon. i can't wait!

The GERM

Smash Ace
uhm Germ its the Pittsburg/Baypoint train I should take right? and is it the last stop? i think i should get your cell number or something soon. i can't wait!
**** bro I thought I gave you my # already. And no it's not the last stop, it's The second or third from last I think. From Embarcadero, it goes...Embarcadero, West Oakland, Oakland City Center, 19th Street Oakland, Macarthur, Rockridge, Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, and Finally PLEASANT HILL, almost exactly 40 minutes. Call my house # at (925)686-9346 and I'll pick you guys up in the morning, we should have everything set up by then hopefully. BYOC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom