• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess I just don't trust rumors very well, especially since Gardevoir has never been seen as a wild Pokemon before.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's true, but to be fair, neither had Tyranitar or Metagross (or even Eevee I think) until BW2. :cool:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Truth be told, unless realism starts happening and Pokemon can just fly over them (those that can participate in Sky Battles come to mind), they'll always be a major factor, crippling in some cases, for Flying, Bug and most Fire types. (Ice types less so considering they're crippled by just by being Ice types) As MSG said, certain Pokemon manage to rise above it well, others have this as the final nail on their coffin.

I don't think there's a foreseeable way to really fix them, personally. And I'm half expecting them to add in another hazard sooner or later. (lolstealthice)
"Stealth Rocks float around the opponent's field!"

They're flying, homing rocks.

Pokemon aren't flying over them

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sylveon will not have a really high special attack, 2 eeveelutions have base 130 in special attack, i have a feeling she could be the physical version of jolteon, something like

HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

65/110/60/95/65/130

it can't have base 130 in special attack as we already have espeon and glaceon with that

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know. I tend to think that Sylveon would have the special defense stat as its biggest strength...

HP: 110
Attack: 60
Defense: 65
SP ATK: 95
SP DEF: 130
Speed: 65

Djent

Smash Champion
How do you think Hidden Power will be handled with the new Fairy type? Will the calculation method be adjusted (****ing over everyone who got HP Ice/Fire IVs in Gens 3-5), or will it remain the same and exclude Fairy from the Hidden Power list?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't think they'll exclude Fairy from the HP list

this brings up the possibility of them actually changing the whole IV system all together

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i don't think they'll exclude Fairy from the HP list

this brings up the possibility of them actually changing the whole IV system all together
That may be problematic if Pokemon X/Y has the Poketransfer feature, however. Of course, one solution is to make a 3DS application, which can be used to copy all the Pokemon from your Black, White, Black 2, or White 2 boxes. You'd then use Pokemon X/Y to upload the Pokemon that you want.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
true...

they might just change the IV-HP type algorithm to accommodate for the new Fairy type

so like, perfect IVs will not get you HP Dark

Djent

Smash Champion
I don't think redoing the IV system altogether is an option, sadly. Too many people will be mad if their favorite 'mons don't transfer forward (I myself only started up again with White 2, so IDC). It's far more likely that they tweak the existing formula. But now there are 17 types of HP including Fairy, which is far more obnoxious to work with than the even 16 (conveniently a power of 2). It's going to be tough to get (roughly) even proportions of type distribution with relation to IVs. Maybe it will be governed by an entirely new variable? Or maybe Fairy just gets shafted, since most people just go with HP Ice for Dragons anyway.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know what would be nice?

NPC:
"Hey show me a Pokemon"
*show*
"*X Pokemon* is pretty cool. Is there a type of move you think X would really like to learn?"
*pick type*
"I'll try and help it out."
*jingle*
"See ya later!"

And that'd be how you get a hidden power type

And maybe some other menu / NPC to choose base power (so 60 + technician could be used)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think Druddigon looks like something out of a "where's waldo" book

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, for a dragon Pokemon, Druddigon is particularly cartoon-like and...just sort of flat-looking. I've never really been a fan.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
He's got the stats in juuuust the right place though to be kind of like a Porygon-2 if he gets fairy type though assuming the type leak was true. The weakest dragon becomes the anti-dragon.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
I wonder if the past generations' starter Pokémon will be able to be encountered in the wild somewhere and caught, because Charizard is my favourite of them and really want to be able to get one into my team to appreciate using in full 3D goodness. ^^;

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, for a dragon Pokemon, Druddigon is particularly cartoon-like and...just sort of flat-looking. I've never really been a fan.

Love Druddigon. Favorite dragon behind Dragonite, and Garchomp comes in third.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Only thing I want to say is, I added Froslass AND Glalie, but I don't think they'll both be Fairy. I think it will be one or the other. Glalie makes more sense with hhis current typing but Froslass looks the part. Oh, and Snorunt is based off an Ice Sprite, so, that's why I'm betting he's fairy.

Place your fairy bets people! I'm also hoping we get some fire/ground/electric/bug/ect fairies. Not just Normal/Psychic/Grass

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think ANY of the dual-typed Pokemon from the first five generations will ever be part Fairy-type. If anything, only the single-typed Pokemon may get such treatments.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I agree with Mario. I think all the Pokemon already dual typed will keep their typings, but they may make up for it by having added Fairy moves to their default level-up movesets and potentially an ability that gives them the equivalent of STAB to Fairy moves.

This is a chart I roughly estimated with any Pokemon that -could- potentially get Fairy types/moves/abilities, modified from Shortiecanbrawl's pic:

[collapse=Old chart, please see newer post]
[/collapse]

Mewter

Smash Master
I could see Darkrai possibly getting fairy type moves since its movepool is so large, but I think it's less likely that Darkrai will be retyped dark/fairy. Fairy seems more like a warm and harmonious type right now.

It would be cool for Cresselia will get it, though. It would make it more interesting.

Speculation about Fairy type's weaknesses and effectiveness at this point is pretty much useless because Pokebeach's leaker, apart from showing apparently credible credentials to the site manager, has a perfect track record with their numerous specific rumors.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't really see Darkrai as being retyped to fairy. He's the "Pitch Black" pokemon, and of all types being only Dark seems to fit most for him

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Anything that's already dual typed isn't getting something retyped to Fairy. If Jigglypuff being Normal/Fairy doesn't make it obvious enough, types aren't going to be lost in this transition. That gets rid of a few things on that list.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My positions, in terms of making older Pokemon part Fairy-type...

Clefairy Family: Yes

Jigglypuff Family: Already confirmed

Chansey Family: Questionable, considering their massive HP, and their only weakness to Fighting-type attacks.

Togepi Family: No; Togetic and Togekiss are Normal/Flying-type Pokemon.

Bellossom: Possible

Marill Family: Already confirmed

Hoppip Family: No; all members are Grass/Flying-type Pokemon.

Snubbull Family: Very likely, based on their classification.

Ralts Family: Gardevoir has been confirmed to be part Fairy-type, but Gallade will likely stay as a Psychic/Fighting-type.

Mawile: Probable, based on its egg group.

Roselia Family: No; all members are Grass/Poison-type Pokemon.

Snorunt Family: Very questionable, as Froslass is an Ice/Ghost-type Pokemon.

Jirachi: No

Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf: Quite probable

Phoine, Manaphy: Probable

Darumaka Family: Highly doubtful; Zen Mode Darmanitan is a Fire/Psychic-type Pokemon.

Alomomola: Seems possible for it to be part Fairy-type.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Anything that's already dual typed isn't getting something retyped to Fairy. If Jigglypuff being Normal/Fairy doesn't make it obvious enough, types aren't going to be lost in this transition. That gets rid of a few things on that list.
I agree with that too, that's why I separated them into two parts. The ones under "Fairy Type" are the ones I could see possibly getting Fairy added to their typing. The ones under "Fairy moves/abilities" are the ones who will keep their original typings, but instead, gain Fairy type moves in their default level-up moveset and/or have an alternate ability that essentially gives them STAB on Fairy moves.

Togepi Family: No; Togetic and Togekiss are Normal/Flying-type Pokemon.

Hoppip Family: No; all members are Grass/Flying-type Pokemon.

Snorunt Family: Very questionable, as Froslass is an Ice/Ghost-type Pokemon.

Darumaka Family: Highly doubtful; Zen Mode Darmanitan is a Fire/Psychic-type Pokemon.
See above answer to Ultimario for some things, also:

I will change the chart for Togetic/kiss and Hoppip family, I forgot they already were dual typed too.

Frosslass is under Fairy moves/abilities so I also don't think it will have the Fairy type, but this may be made up for with default moves/abilities.

Darumaka can still be Fire/Fairy in its normal form and change to Fire/Psychic in Zen Mode. Meloetta already does this with Normal/Psychic in Aria Form and Normal/Fighting in Pirouette Form.

[collapse=Old chart, please see newer post]
[/collapse]

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You forgot about Smoochum/Jynx

Also there's 0 chance in hell Gorebyss, Darkai, and Darmanitan/Darumaka are getting Fairy.

Quote me on this for when Gen VI comes.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ah yeah, I'll edit it again for Jynx family.

And yeah, I don't expect the chart to be 100% accurate, I just thought "Hey this Pokemon could possibly get Fairy" and added it. Didn't talk about it with others before posting so it is what it is. XD Darkrai was from the original list too.

Fixed chart:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
togepi, gorebyss, darkrai, munchlax, darumaka line, and mewtwo are not getting the fairy type, no way in hell

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, honestly I just thought it was a possibility so I added any that I thought had some kind of chance. Togepi/Gorebyss/Munchlax for looks, Darumaka because of his pre-evolution looks, and I only put Mewtwo's form there because maybe his "awakening" makes him realize he is part of this new type. I admit those were the more gray ones I put up there but I didn't look at how much of a chance they had, only if I thought they had any. I went through all Pokemon so I doubt those that aren't on here will get Fairy, but I also know that not every one I put up will get Fairy.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I actually see Mewtwo's "Awakened" form as being a likely candidate for Fairy to be honest. Fairy is the first new type in four generations, so I'm sure they want to make it as big a deal as possible, and while nothing about Mewtwo really says "Fairy," not even necessarily in its new form, I definitely see it as being a possibility to add hype to Fairy.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I actually see Mewtwo's "Awakened" form as being a likely candidate for Fairy to be honest. Fairy is the first new type in four generations, so I'm sure they want to make it as big a deal as possible, and while nothing about Mewtwo really says "Fairy," not even necessarily in its new form, I definitely see it as being a possibility to add hype to Fairy.
To that end, Marill being Fairy was a surprise to me. It's a water mouse and nothing about it really shouts out "Fairy" to me if it hadn't been explicitly revealed. So I think we still have some surprises in store and Mewtwo's new form being Fairy isn't far fetched.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
To that end, Marill being Fairy was a surprise to me. It's a water mouse and nothing about it really shouts out "Fairy" to me if it hadn't been explicitly revealed. So I think we still have some surprises in store and Mewtwo's new form being Fairy isn't far fetched.
Yeah, other than being a similar shape to other "fairy" candidates and being the egg group, I was kind of caught off-guard by Marill as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nothing about Mewtwo makes it count as a Fairy-type Pokemon. Besides, as a uber, it pretty much needs to stay as a pure Psychic-type, even in its Awakened Forme.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't really see anything qualifying Gardevoir as fairy either, though. I really don't think that they're going to be as reserved about applying Fairy type as we might think/hope. Bringing back an old Pokemon like Mewtwo to give him a new form is kind of odd; using that as a means of giving him Fairy type would actually somewhat explain that situation.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's pretty clear that Game Freak is defining "fairy" as more along the lines of "faerie" or general supernatural creature than, say, "pixie." Kind of like the Japanese's "youkai."

Top Bottom