• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Next Bomberman

Arc -The Fallen-

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys!
This is Arc here. I've recorded a couple of matches and wanted you guys to evaluate what I've got as a Toon Link. Toon Link is my main and my older brother is LDPK. I'm focused on more offensive approaches with toon link than defensive and I've been working on making the most of my projectiles to gain that edge. I'll be posting a toon link combo video soon!

Thanks & Tell me what you guys think~

Arc -The Fallen-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoRI3V8dhf4&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1Hsp3kR9A&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivKQeWrophY&feature=channel_page

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The bombs are strong with this one.....

Your instincts serve you well young padawan, but you are not a bomber yet.

Welcome to the Bomber Gang Arc

=D

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
You're pulling bombs on the ground a LOT.
Try more Short Hop Bomb pulls and arrow lag cancels.
It'll keep your opponent busy and make your edge game a lot more effective.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not bad, but as with most, I'd try to snag some videos with some better opponents. GnW and Marth should be performing better against a TL. You were two stocking the guy pretty easily. Try to get some videos at tourney's recording. Im going to try to do that myself at the end of the month. I have some of me and my friend, but I know I need videos against a more skills opponent.

Also, when submitting videos don't just choose ones you win. The best way to give you tips is to let people see your losses.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
You need arrows too.
Don't pull out bombs on the ground
I think your game was a bit too close up, using zair, fair after bombs. You can use arrows after SH bombs, and after SH pulling them out too.
camp :)

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Nice job Arc like I use to play until I played a Falco that was good...

But Read my guide It'll help you
I'm still working on it
Tomorrow I'll add some more stuff to it.
And look for the thread bombing like a pro.
It'll help your bomb style and you'll learn pulling bombs on ground is a no no lol
I pull bombs so well I have another bomb out of a SH after I just threw one lol.

Most ppl can do that and that thread tells you how.
Also find this thread Anylising Projectile proerties or something its on the frist page here. OPer is ToonDiddy
It helps with all projectiles.

But yea your good.
Just learn when to slack on bombs to mix it up and when to not spam kill moves lol.

Smith

Smash Ace
Hai Arc, remember me from bi weeklies in NC? xD

anywayssss

SH Pull out bomb quick draw works. Of course using zair while holding a boooooooomb...Seeing as I remember you saying you specialize in bombs.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oh no.... my bro came a started up his own thread.... *looks* hm.... has more responses than my posts?!

WHAT!?

lol :p

I think he's kinda biased towards bombs tho since he faced my pikachu SO often. One thing he does need to work on more is not pulling bombs on the ground. Anyone have tips for his offensive game? He's differentiating himself from the crowd by being a lot more aggressive (and specializing in bombs), while managing minimal defense neccisary to achieve victory.

I think his plan was to:
1) Master bombs and all bombs.... period.
2) Master boomerangs.....
3) Master arrow/hookshot

Anyways. I'll see you TL's later.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

Alzi

Smash Master
You're toon link looks like someone gave it drugs and it just wants to kill the opponent fast and making it look evil too. The Dark toon link makes me think that more.

Nice toon link basically everyones said what needs improving. I personally like it.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Oh no.... my bro came a started up his own thread.... *looks* hm.... has more responses than my posts?!

WHAT!?

lol :p

I think he's kinda biased towards bombs tho since he faced my pikachu SO often. One thing he does need to work on more is not pulling bombs on the ground. Anyone have tips for his offensive game? He's differentiating himself from the crowd by being a lot more aggressive (and specializing in bombs), while managing minimal defense neccisary to achieve victory.

I think his plan was to:
1) Master bombs and all bombs.... period.
2) Master boomerangs.....
3) Master arrow/hookshot

Anyways. I'll see you TL's later.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er
Not me and I'm the advice man when it comes to offence.

Cause I'm not as offence as him...
Most super aggressive Toon Links fail except in certin match ups...

I'll watch them again and think about the aggressive points.
See what I get from it...

Top Bottom