• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW(old) Marth Killer

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
Havent seen much talk about this lately. I learned about it a few years ago but now that i have improved, I've found great use for it. Try it atleast once!

1) get marth off the stage(easier said then done)
2) face towards the level
3) put your shield up
4) Up b
5) DI nana towards the ledge
6)Prepare popo for a smash
7)edge guard!!!!

This is the easiest way of getting nana to the ledge. If timed right, it's flawless (if marth is coming from below). If he tries to sweetspot nana edge guards him, If he tries to go above the level, you are ready with a smash.

OH AND THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS. If nana edge hogs, she comes back on the level and taunts on her own. It's beautiful. Shes is FAR from modest about her skillzzzzz

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've done this a lot and it is far from flawless. Marth can easily wait until Nana gets back onto the stage and then sweetspot. You can try waiting longer before doing the belay OoS, but then Marth can time his up-B such that it hits Nana.

It still works on Marths who aren't familiar with it, though.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
well i've seen fly use it, but isnt it just as efficient to simply dsync, charge a f/dsmash with nana and waveslide back with popo? works for me and seems a lot quicker to do

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
Havent seen much talk about this lately. I learned about it a few years ago but now that i have improved, I've found great use for it. Try it atleast once!

1) get marth off the stage(easier said then done)
2) face towards the level
3) put your shield up
4) Up b
6)Prepare popo for a smash
7)edge guard!!!!

This is the easiest way of getting nana to the ledge. If timed right, it's flawless (if marth is coming from below). If he tries to sweetspot nana edge guards him, If he tries to go above the level, you are ready with a smash.

OH AND THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS. If nana edge hogs, she comes back on the level and taunts on her own. It's beautiful. Shes is FAR from modest about her skillzzzzz
4) Up b

can anyone show me how this looks like? i cant visualize this properly... :( any videos?

well i've seen fly use it, but isnt it just as efficient to simply dsync, charge a f/dsmash with nana and waveslide back with popo? works for me and seems a lot quicker to do
can you tell me how to do this? i saw it once in a vid... but how do i dsync while running to the edge?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
idk if this is related but
you can wd on to the ledge and have nana on the stage, then ledgehop onto the stage and as soon as you'll land on the stage blizzard
the second you land nana will start a blizzard, this one pointing off the stage, and yours will be over for the most part, allowing you to follow up
idk it's useless but as long as we're talking about ledgeguards

Top Bottom