• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Midlands Thread. NEXT EVENT: EDmas 2! LOOK IN ITS OWN THREAD

HalfBakedHarry

Smash Rookie
I don't think I should even show my face in this thread again after Up-B but I needed to come back and say thankyou to everyone for tolerating me and to Sam for hosting the event. It was my first time even playing Smash w/ other players and doing stupid sh*t like not understanding how stage striking works was actually enjoyable. The Smash community is great and even though I have zero ambition to even learn how to play Melee,with 3.0 & Smash 4 coming round if you guys ever take that up I'm sure I'd come down again to be beaten on every round. Thanks again and sorry for this cringey message.
I totally beat Callum in P:M though, that was embarrassing.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Harry man you need to chill out, it was your first tournament. No one knows how to play at their first tournament.

We enjoyed having you, we enjoy having newbies. If we have newbies, that means the scene is growing, right? And you can only get better with more practice :)

I've added you on Facebook. Where are you from? I have someone who might be interested in playing Project M with you if you live close enough to them (I would be interested in playing Project M if you live close to me, too — I'm not just trying to lump you off with someone else, but this guy is also a newbie and is your own age, so you might be less terrified).

Come to Edmas 2! And also come play PM at mine the weekend after Edmas 2, we'll be playing 3.0 all weekend!

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Harry man you need to cut yourself a bit of slack, it was great seeing new players in the Midlands, for a long time there was about 5 of us, out of nowhere after the Midlands scenes been dead with have a tournament with nearly 20 of us!

everybody doesn't get stage striking at the first tournament( hell i completely forgot about banning, i tried to ban a stage after i lost Ed hahaaha)

yeah you did beat me man :p that was my first P:M tournament just like you, I haven't been active in nearly 2 years before B-UP, i had been playing it for 4 days before B-UP so I'm learning like everybody else. :) its a learning experience getting thrashed by everybody!

Top Bottom