• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
I wanna play melee, melee is fun, I like melee, it makes me happy, that game is full of funny and unforgettable moments, and the people that play make it even better with all the screaming and the dancing. Good times... Good times. And maybe I will go to this tournament that's in CT, because it's fun to travel around to play melee with other people.

BUM163

Smash Lord
the bx venue date has been confirmed. it will take place this friday. the thread is up and rules will be up soon. hope to see ya there.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
yo

why are people mad dumb lol
?

So I was thinking about my situation regarding being allowed to do stuff/go to tourneys.
What if someone set up a tent somewhere, like at a park, for a day, and hosted a pay-to-enter smashfest.
I would do it, and probably will, but it's gonna take some resources to organize, and it's gonna start getting cold..
or there's gt
thoughts?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
game table

playing video games outside in public is stupid

only good if it's like someones backyard or something

also what would the money pay for lol

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
whos going to Castle Golf today?

My friend asked the organizer if we could set up melee on the side for friendlys. he said not to bring a cube or TV because the brawl kids will flip **** if it not a tourney LOL.

Bring your melee discs if you can go. Tourny starts early and we can DEFF get a melee tournament going after if they are up for it.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
well idk actually lol try hitting up g money on aim: scrapecity is his aim

im gonna be away on thanksgiving im gonna be in staten island lol so i wont be playin but gordon goes like everywhere and knows everything thats goin on lol

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
10 Locals, dogs and golf go together with smash.

Apparently so does BK.

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
Yo people, Winter Break is approaching, and that means no school, and more importantly, I get to come back from college to whoop some Long Island Smasher ***. Just a heads up:

2 Long Island tournaments I'm aware of over winter break:
January 10th
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204010
That one is in Mineola, so all you Nassau folk better show up. I'm from Elwood, which is in between Commack and Greenlawn, and I'll be going there. I'll be driving 2 other ppl, which leaves one more seat in my car. If you're on the way and need a ride, IM me on AIM.

the other is at this place called Battlegrounds. I don't know how legit it is. Link:
December 26
http://bgjp.proboards58.com/index.cgi?action=calendar
I'm going to call them the day before to see if the tourny is going down. Anyways, this one is in Mastic Beach, Suffolk County. Again I'll be driving out there from Elwood, so if anyone is on the way and needs a ride, IM me.

Note: If you do accept a ride from me, it's free so don't bring money up. If you've got any questions or w/e don't hesitate to contact me.

Also, does anyone know of any other tournies in Long Island over the break? (Mine ends January 24th) If yes, please post!

Lastly, I'm up for some friendlies of just plain practice with new faces. I may even try and host a friendly myself. (I only have 1 wii, but my house has 2 fairly large TV's and the one in my room is small but useable. If my friend brings his TV + wii over and 2 ppl don't mind bringing a wii, thats 4 setups = a nice small friendly) Anyway, post if this sounds interesting and let me know what you think!

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
:p I'm not a scrub for playing Brawl!!! It's not like I asked for random slips. Besides I play Diddy, it bites me in the *** more than others because they are so used to having that banana shoved down their throat.

Anyway, I'm probably the best smasher at Melee or Brawl that ever went to JGHS. Not that that's saying much since graduating classes are like <200. -.- Unless someone wants to contest that...

EDIT: Farmingville isn't too far. Boxob, if you tell me where to get off the LIE and what to do from there, I may go. I'll see if I can bring a friend as well. I'll post back here when I'm back (This Friday)

God, smashboards is the new facebook. I have 2 finals tomorrow, and I'm only done with 50% of the lectures.

Double Edit: Just sexed, want to play some smash over the break? If you live anywhere close to the HS then you aren't far from me. I need the practice b/c I'm attending several tournies, including Clash of the Titans 4. (Unless you don't play Brawl)

Top Bottom