• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'm never at smashfests, tourney's or anything, but I'll put my info down here.

I might get lucky and be able to go one day.....

Eaode; Glen Cove; Falco, CF; AIM: Eaode711

X2daJ

Smash Rookie
Bump thread, need more people for the smashfest.

Btw- It's in Baldwin, which is easily accessible from most places in Nassau, as well as certain parts of Queens and Suffolk.

alvin224

Smash Cadet
yea... just to inform you (RASH, Quesidallas) we stated playing seriously like 5 months ago, i mean we went there knowing that we were going to get *****, so dont be hating. we only went there to play the quesidallas :). well contend when brawl comes out :):)

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
About the whole pot thing. I'm not wasting my money when I can play people at RIT who are just as good for free :laugh:. About the smashfest, I'd have to ask my friend and you need to give us a time and date.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yea... just to inform you (RASH, Quesidallas) we stated playing seriously like 5 months ago, i mean we went there knowing that we were going to get *****, so dont be hating. we only went there to play the quesidallas :). well contend when brawl comes out :):)
this is getting annoying

noone cares how long ago you started, or anything like that.

you act like we have been playing for a super long time when in fact i just started playing like a year ago contrary to my join date

no johns.

Quil

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Long Islanders! I need your help.

In August I am going to Japan for 5 months for a student exchange program. A great opportunity for me, however I need to fundraise a lot. Several thousand dollars. So, as one of the fundraisers, I was thinking of hosting this smash tournament or a smashfest, and some of the raised money would go to the winner (if it's a tournament), and then the rest would go to my fundraising, and I'd do it every so often.

I figure this is a good, fun way for me to raise money. If you guys are willing to come say it here so I can get an idea, or if you have any suggestions as to how I should go about doing this. If it's a tournament, some of you can be guaranteed easy winning money, as some of my friends want to join, and they... well, suck. With any luck this could end up fun and whatnot, and you can help me out with fundraising along the way.

Post any thoughts about this, please!

the_exSOLDIER87

Smash Rookie
yea we started playing seriously in june which is 6 months so stop whinning
ps. sry ryan but i had to say it

L

LinkKiller730

Salazar: Lynbrook Ny(nassau): Falco,Marth,Peach Aim: DeathAkumaDs

X2daJ

Smash Rookie
Yo, shut the F.uck up you fagggots and reply to my smashfests because I could actually get GIRLS to go to this **** if I felt like it.

So, hit my f.uckin message box up saying you want in. b!tches!

247Marthathon

Smash Cadet

In August I am going to Japan for 5 months for a student exchange program. A great opportunity for me, however I need to fundraise a lot. Several thousand dollars. So, as one of the fundraisers, I was thinking of hosting this smash tournament or a smashfest, and some of the raised money would go to the winner (if it's a tournament), and then the rest would go to my fundraising, and I'd do it every so often.

I figure this is a good, fun way for me to raise money. If you guys are willing to come say it here so I can get an idea, or if you have any suggestions as to how I should go about doing this. If it's a tournament, some of you can be guaranteed easy winning money, as some of my friends want to join, and they... well, suck. With any luck this could end up fun and whatnot, and you can help me out with fundraising along the way.

im pretty bad but wouldnt mind a tourney, hey its for a good cause. how much would it be per person? also where are you located?

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Yo, shut the F.uck up you fagggots and reply to my smashfests because I could actually get GIRLS to go to this **** if I felt like it.

So, hit my f.uckin message box up saying you want in. b!tches!
Your mother and sister don't necessarily count.

Regardless, No one wants to go because your posts reeks of idiocy.

Be more respectful toward everyone else.

Abulize

Smash Journeyman

Brownies are the only sensible way to fundraise nowadays :laugh:. JK. I'm no longer on the Island so I can't help ya out. And about the whole RIT people sucking I know a few people who would disagree. Come to BMNY3. My one friend actually wants to face your Peach. As for me I'll save it for another day if our crew can get pass Ryan :laugh:.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Someone else told me that people from RIT suck too....

Alejandro is alot better than me and those few people who disagree are probably you and your cre right.

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
Nah so you can cut the **** out cause I obviously just made fun of myself and my crew. Have you ever played PikaPika! or Yannick. Yannick mains as Yoshi so he's handicapped when he plays :laugh:. PikaPika! plays as a variety of characters. I dont remember what they play like really but I think he's near your caliber. If not then yeah all people from RIT suck :laugh:. And is Alejandro really THAT much better as you claim. I saw some of your Falco v Peach fights and they were pretty close.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
They're pretty close, if you ask me.

But what do I know, I play Link.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yeah well that doesnt mean he isnt alot better than me. I can use the m2K vs PC match ups to support that from an opposite side. just because the matches are so one sided doesnt mean they arent close in skill

SLH

Smash Journeyman
anyone live 20 or so min within mineola, nassau? i really can use some help with techniques and can use the practice. message me if you do
yeah, i live like 5 minutes away. you also live really close to parallax, where alot of LI tournaments are held, incase you didnt kno.

btw superryan, jw, why did you just randomly say alejandro_p is better than you? or did i miss something.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
because he is and abulize said the RIT ppl are "near my caliber" when alex said they suck and he is alot better than me

also i heard from a few other ppl that the guys at RIT do suck

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
As long as they're better than myself it doesn't really matter if they suck. It just means I got work harder at it. You guys think there's a chance of another crew battle for Spring break? I'm not positive if I'm gonna return yet because my break is only a week long (I don't know how long other colleges are). But if I do I'd like to smash you guys again and I guess I wouldn't mind hosting it it's just I'm undecided if I'm returning atm. Anyways the next break is a while away so we can talk about it later.

Top Bottom