• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Dantebayo Saturday Feb 10, 2007

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Well, even though it's "cancelled", I'm still gonna host it at Gamelot. I'm gonna start hosting there from now on because I can't rent at that bulding anymore. So the tournament is still on, just not at the old address. More of a relocation.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doesn't it cost money to hang out there?

Also, robbys house is closer...lol

Btw, gambling? It isn't gambling...tournaments are held all the time. MLG does it, and its only gambling if house takes profit.
Why is it gambling if house takes profit..? That makes no sense. Might as well call all careers in the world gambling.

Tournaments that involve money can be considered gambling, but that's really depends on the person's view. Gambling's side of the argument is that you are risking money in order to win a bigger amount of money. The other side will say that it's an entry fee to compete against each other for a grand prize.

In the end, neither side is entirely correct.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I just want to make sure that everyone understands: This tournament is not cancelled!!!

RiceBurner already made one post about it, but later tonight he's going to make a new thread so it will be more clear to everyone.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I talked to Riceburner too. I made that first post before I talked to him. I could not host a tournament this saturday myself so I made that offer. But Riceburner is hosting this tournament at Gamelot this saturday. I'll be showing up to help later that evening(or maybe I'll participate :D)

And everything JF said Riceburner also told me.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nice how the place decides to consider it gambling and force rice and jm to move just 2 days before it's gonna happen, even though they knew about it since the end of december. ???

reqy

Smash Journeyman
Were they threatening because you guys planned on giving out cash prizes or something? Or is it due to having money matches? MM's is the only thing that i can think of right now.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
people should still come!!!!! It'll be fun!!! eh?? I'll be there, and there will be more tvs and stuff than last time.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
i heard theres already 8 there
dont quote me on this thats just all i heard

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Nice how the place decides to consider it gambling and force rice and jm to move just 2 days before it's gonna happen, even though they knew about it since the end of december. ???

Yeah, they really pulled the plug this time. Some lady totally ratted us out because they denied her rent b/c she wanted to sell something as well...or something stupid like that.

Top Bottom