• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The NEW Cave Monthly Tournament Thread***

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Zjiin you read my mind. I don't mind hosting these events guys. But it does suck when no one shows up. So it seems like more people can make it next Saturday (23rd) so that is the date that we will shoot for. I will post it on the OP and we will see how that goes.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hmmm, So the cave is going to completely switch over to Brawl? Is it really that better than melee?
Most people who have been playing brawl said that they won't go back to melee, including myself. These won't switch over to melee until it's released, due to the fact that tournaments will depend on one person showing or not.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Oh that's cool with me i guess. Thanks for the info Zjiin. I still haven't played Brawl myself, so I shouldn't judge it based on a few shifty reviews. Glad to hear some positive feedback from someone who's played Melee a lot but was still open to a new smash bros. and wasn't expecting "Melee 2.0."

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
any reason you haven't been on AIM in forever?

Ya there is, I'm in complete lock-down. In other words right now I'm not allowed to use the computer at all even for homework, and no video games, and I'm not allowed to go out anywhere except for tennis team meetings. The only reason I'm on now is because im borrowing my friends monitor for the day to go on smashboards while my folks are out. I get ungrounded on March 1st If I have a GPA of at least 4. I think I can do it...

khepri

Smash Lord
Most people who have been playing brawl said that they won't go back to melee, including myself. These won't switch over to melee until it's released, due to the fact that tournaments will depend on one person showing or not.
Really? Mslano, my friends, and I all thought brawl sucked. We couldn't stand playing it for too long so we easily made the switch back to melee.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Really? Mslano, my friends, and I all thought brawl sucked. We couldn't stand playing it for too long so we easily made the switch back to melee.
Things are looking up!!!

Also me, Yoru, and Dave can all probably make the 23'rd also. So thats a good date.

Quaz

Smash Master
you guys might have forgotten my tourney is gonna be on the 23rd, and some IL people already plan on attending (including tink and big c)

think twice about this date

Mars-

Smash Champion
you guys might have forgotten my tourney is gonna be on the 23rd, and some IL people already plan on attending (including tink and big c)

think twice about this date
Then I guess we will all just have to stick to playing melee for one more week. Good job, I hope your 4 weeks more of brawl really helps you get better.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
lol, I just realized this next tourney is on my birthday :p

Me14k said:
$mms any1?

As of now:

Ouen: $3 flipper on medium
Ouen: $3 item on ?
Team Monster Biscuit V. 1up: $X.
Right now the crew battle will be 2 v 3 x_x. Snow just disappeared off the face of the earth, so... I dunno.

Also, third $mm with items and misc movements (moonwalk, shielding, airdodging, taunting, etc) only?

Me14k

Smash Lord
lol, I just realized this next tourney is on my birthday :p

Right now the crew battle will be 2 v 3 x_x. Snow just disappeared off the face of the earth, so... I dunno.

Also, third $mm with items and misc movements (moonwalk, shielding, airdodging, taunting, etc) only?
no attacks? that aint fun.

for crew battle...

you two can have 6 stocks each, my crew will take 4 stocks each..that will make it even...12 v 12 stocks.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
lol, we will still get completely crushed. I think team Monster Biscuit could eat 1-up in a matter of seconds, even w/ me on it ^ ^. Lol, jk I know I'm really bad, I wouldn't help out. Oh would friendly fire be put on? Oh btw i get ungrounded soon, grades looking a little better.

Me14k

Smash Lord
lol, we will still get completely crushed. I think team Monster Biscuit could eat 1-up in a matter of seconds, even w/ me on it ^ ^. Lol, jk I know I'm really bad, I wouldn't help out. Oh would friendly fire be put on? Oh btw i get ungrounded soon, grades looking a little better.
crew battles are 1v1's...

but in team matches friendly fire is off.

Deathanchor $mm?

Zjiin

Smash Master
I smell a double falco or double samus team...
no shit!

**** really? i played it for awhile and was hooked and can't wait to play more
It seems that people who don't like brawl are the ones who are discouraged with what happened to their old melee mains. Everyone except maybe luigi plays different. No matter, by the time the brawl bandwagon comes around, i'll already be the trixiest snake in town.

khepri

Smash Lord
Yea...why is this crew battle even happening?

khepri

Smash Lord
no shit!

It seems that people who don't like brawl are the ones who are discouraged with what happened to their old melee mains. Everyone except maybe luigi plays different. No matter, by the time the brawl bandwagon comes around, i'll already be the trixiest snake in town.
Nah, I didn't even try playing falcon until awhile after we began playing. The game just feels slower and the advanced techniques aren't all discovered yet. For now I much prefer melee, I can see brawl getting better over time, but I can't imagine myself enjoying it as much as melee.

Play against kels' metaknight...figure a way to stop him from just doing the **** neutral b that keeps mk invincible. What a dumb move.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Nah, I didn't even try playing falcon until awhile after we began playing. The game just feels slower and the advanced techniques aren't all discovered yet. For now I much prefer melee, I can see brawl getting better over time, but I can't imagine myself enjoying it as much as melee.

Play against kels' metaknight...figure a way to stop him from just doing the **** neutral b that keeps mk invincible. What a dumb move.
Well at least there is a new l-canceling so you can look forward to that.

Zjiin are you going to this since you seem to be the only one talking like they are coming that actually owns brawl.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Zjiin are you going to this since you seem to be the only one talking like they are coming that actually owns brawl.
My ride is with Tink, so i'm going to WI with him. Not that i don't look forward to smashing with a handful of kiddies, but size does matter.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Maybe we should move this to sunday if thats possible so we could get some people with brawl here?

Me14k

Smash Lord
The Cave is better off not dancing around potential Brawl setups. It's best to keep it melee until the release.
mhm. The cave tries to switch dates waayyyy too much, we finaly have a semi decent date, lets go with it.

Mars: As you once previously said to quaz, that extra few weeks isnt a big deal...lets just wait for the 9th..

Top Bottom