• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The NEW Cave Monthly Tournament Thread***

paralasalud

Smash Ace
hey guys, i really need to know about how late you stay.
i want to bring a friend and we won't be able to come till 6 or 7 pm.

if someone could let me know that would be awesome.

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Alright so what is the consensus for a date for the Tourney. right now it is set for the 16th? Does that work for people? We haven't had one in awhile so i would like a good turnout.

Mars-

Smash Champion
me, zane fleia, halfdemon, kit, (and possibly other) will go if it is 23rd or march 1.
Well it doesn't look like it will be those days. Maybe if you hadn't convinced somebody of making them monthlies this would be a lot easier for dates.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Well it doesn't look like it will be those days. Maybe if you hadn't convinced somebody of making them monthlies this would be a lot easier for dates.
The whole reason for moving to monthlies is that it theoretically should bring more of a crowd, and to allow the date to be more flexible to allow for maximum participation.

Mars-

Smash Champion
****, somebody better bring brawl, Big C lol. I am watching videos and it looks like fun.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
I'm down with the 16th. Although my grades are the lowest they have ever been and I'm grounded, I'm sure I can sneak out. My parents officially HATE smash bros. because it's all i talk about with my friends. So going to a smash torney would seem horrible to them. Wish me luck

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
If someone is bringing Brawl, I will come.

Depending on the day, I can probably get Mendoza to come also. If he does come, we'll take 1up or Monster Biscuit in crews MM if you guys are willing. 2v3 or 2v4 is fine.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I understand what your saying Deathanchor. I don't know if my parents will let me start going to tourneys or not. Those grades are important.

Zjiin

Smash Master
If someone is bringing Brawl, I will come.

Depending on the day, I can probably get Mendoza to come also. If he does come, we'll take 1up or Monster Biscuit in crews MM if you guys are willing. 2v3 or 2v4 is fine.
I'll be taking any and all brawl mm's. My snake and Pit are just 222good.

Tink

Smash Hero
ill take brawl MMs as well if i go. marth toooo good.

also, will take melee MMs vs my link, pika, and luigi.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, i'd rather not mm newcomers since it takes a few matches to even controller your character and to stop l cancelling or WD.

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
i think maybe my fav part of the tourney was me yelling at you "detonate, detonate!" for your remote mines and every time you did detonate when i said it was a TERRIBLE idea so you eventually just said, "you know what no im not going to do that". it made me laugh on the inside.

Zjiin

Smash Master
i think maybe my fav part of the tourney was me yelling at you "detonate, detonate!" for your remote mines and every time you did detonate when i said it was a TERRIBLE idea so you eventually just said, "you know what no im not going to do that". it made me laugh on the inside.
You were all in my head. Like, i'd be setting up some kind of combo, and in the middle you'd yell "detonate! detonate!" and i would listen to you like a chump.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
****. I'd love to go to this again. I really need to play better people and there's like...nobody in my area.

Plus with Brawl being there, there'd be no way I'd be able to resist, and I promised a friend of mine I'd play him in a blind match on March 9th when it first comes out and record it so we have a memento of how ****ty we were.

Zjiin

Smash Master
It seems that the set date is undecided, and i'm sure Jeff doesnt want to come in for like 5-6 people, two weekends in a row. I know i wont't be there on the 16th, but the 23rd sounds more of a possibility. You people need to get off your asses and figure out a date. Don't expect Jeff to do all the work since he works there. Blindly setting up tourneys didn't end up working for him.

If half the people say they want THIS date and half the people say they want THAT date, that doesnt really work. Communication+++

Me14k

Smash Lord
It seems that the set date is undecided, and i'm sure Jeff doesnt want to come in for like 5-6 people, two weekends in a row. I know i wont't be there on the 16th, but the 23rd sounds more of a possibility. You people need to get off your asses and figure out a date. Don't expect Jeff to do all the work since he works there. Blindly setting up tourneys didn't end up working for him.

If half the people say they want THIS date and half the people say they want THAT date, that doesnt really work. Communication+++
Agreed. Although I think March 1st (saturday) would be better because of LoR2.

Jeff: I think we need to make an official thread once we decide upon the date.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Agreed. Although I think March 1st (saturday) would be better because of LoR2.

Jeff: I think we need to make an official thread once we decide upon the date.
If we do it then we may as well just wait a week for brawl to come out.

Btw jeff, are you still doing that lock in?

Top Bottom