• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you guys know about this, but I was just looking through and for the tech for zairing with a bomb, there's a much easier way where you don't actually have to drop the bomb. If you press L, and then hit A, the hookshot with fire. You can also tether while still holding the bomb. The bomb will seem to disappear from your hands, but when the hookshot retracts, you'll still be holding it.

edited because what i described is the invincibomb.

Guys I found something weird a couple of days ago, but I forgot to hit enter when I wrote it down.
wow that twinkie guys is such a noob, omfg >_>

Anyways, I was on Pokemon Stadium 2 and I did a grounded UpB in the middle of the conveyor belt, and before the last hitbox came out, I rolled off the stage, and the last hit turned into an Aerial UpB. That's not the important part though.

What happened was that when I rolled off, Toon Link turned yellow for like half a second during the last hitbox. It looked like when you do an air dodge with Sasuke's invincibility frames .pac, but instead of blue, it was yellow.

I was able to replicate it, which is the best part. I have no idea what it is. I'm pretty sure it's cosmetic only, but it's worth checking out. (It looks cool, Fox! Go try it!)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow that is strange. Why on earth does he flash yellow? I'm interested to know if the flash of yellow has any other strange properties other than a nice light show. If it does, then I'd want to find other ways to do it. I'd imagine it would work all the time as long as Toon slides off the edge at that certain point (just after the last hit, I think is the timing). I dunno, I'm pretty skeptical as to whether this'll be of any use as it puts you in a bad position for a bit there. I might do a few tests tomorow if I remember. I'd laugh pretty hard if it has super armor.
Anyway, thanks for letting me know TWiNK, that was a fun five minutes.

You have to start your UpB at a certain point in the conveyor belt. BTW, it was on the left side.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
I think it is just a residual animation effect of using Hurricane spin.

When using Up-B on the ground, not on the conveyor belt, you glow a less intense shade of that yellow.

I tried it out multiple times, got the yellow flash each time.

One thing of note:

When the stage was announcing it was going to revert back to the neutral PS2 setup, I tried doing it, it threw me off the edge, but there was no flash and I went into the falling state right off the edge of the stage.

When you get the yellow flash, you don't go to the falling state, and you can still jump/grab the ledge.

Personally, I don't think the flash does anything, but it's worth testing.

I tried it on pictochat, and I got it to work, you need to stand a little bit off the ledge in order to do it. Right above the "w" in the word "Now" is where I stood to make it work.

I tried for about an hour, I couldn't get the picture on Pictochat, but it DOES work.

I don't think there's a use, just some kind of leftover animation from the move?

The water gun thing on Delfino might also be a place you can use this, that one might not work though.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
i read under bombs and i think u missed one.
when you are on fd or battlrfield (some custom
stages may work) take out a bomb, wait a
second, fall off the cliff, jump, then use up b.
shortly after, the bomb should explode resulting
in knockback, thus you can use your up b again
and travel under the stage. it can be used for
dodging certing moves (like the space animal's
final smashes).

CTX

Smash Journeyman
It's also a good way to take unnecessary damage/get stage spiked. Once you start doing that, you are committed to finishing it and you are completely defenseless.

MK can just follow you. As can Pit. Pit can also just take potshots with arrows. Falco can "pew" at you safely. Toon link can drop down and throw a bomb, possibly producing a stage spike. Snake can plant a C-4 on the stage and as you pass by it, trigger it and the hit box will go underneath the stage causing a stage spike.

And hell, they dont even have to follow you. They can just take the ledge on the other side and just wait to punish with a variety of moves. They know you are going to have to up-b. And up-b isn't an invincible move. Going under the stage, with Toon Link is an absolutely ,horrible idea. Going underneath the stage, regardless of your character, isn't a good idea. If you can go underneath the stage, USUALLY there is a better thing you can be doing.

Variable

Smash Ace
It's also a good way to take unnecessary damage/get stage spiked. Once you start doing that, you are committed to finishing it and you are completely defenseless.

MK can just follow you. As can Pit. Pit can also just take potshots with arrows. Falco can "pew" at you safely. Toon link can drop down and throw a bomb, possibly producing a stage spike. Snake can plant a C-4 on the stage and as you pass by it, trigger it and the hit box will go underneath the stage causing a stage spike.

And hell, they dont even have to follow you. They can just take the ledge on the other side and just wait to punish with a variety of moves. They know you are going to have to up-b. And up-b isn't an invincible move. Going under the stage, with Toon Link is an absolutely ,horrible idea. Going underneath the stage, regardless of your character, isn't a good idea. If you can go underneath the stage, USUALLY there is a better thing you can be doing.
Agreed, even if you were to not get harmed from going underneath the stage, what could you possibly get out of it?? And your chances of getting killed go way up. Also, If they don't kill you the player is probably pretty bad, and in that case you shouldn't have to go under the stage, or try to throw them off guard in the first place. That is unless you're just toying with them... :ohwell:

On a side note, the electro link was pretty amusing...

CTX

Smash Journeyman
So I have been experimenting with a lock combo on certain "fat characters". When I say fat, I mean characters that are wide enough to get hit by arrows, at point blank range, when lying flat on their backs.

Characters like metaknight, dedede, bowser, etc...and not characters like marth, snake, etc...

Anyway, I know I have mentioned how footstooling after a bomb, followed by a d-air isn't that useful and only flashy...when used on stage. Well, this is something to keep in mind that is productive after a footstool.

Bomb->footstool->fastfalled arrow cancel

If done properly, you will cause the lock animation. It can then be followed by a dash attack to get another lock animation. You can then follow with a charged up-smash...so...

Bomb->footstool->fastfalled arrow cancel->dash attack->charged upsmash

NearZzz

Smash Lord
^Already experimented with this a few months ago. People could always move before I could arrow lock though, because toon link is so floaty. Maybe I was doing it wrong? lol.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
If anyone was wondering when the pics would be fixed, well they're back, with one new addition. >_>
Not the same as before, no writing under them, but still, they aren't stretched or distorted in any way and I slightly enlarged the headings to make up for the lack of writing on the pics.
Apparently I do work.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Been learning off this guide for a month or two. Pretty good thing you got goin' here.

I made an account to find out if anyone else was aware of what happened to me the other day. I was 1-1 stock against wolf i think it was. Basically, we both ended up on the side of final dest and i Up-B'd him while holding a bomb. Next thing i know i see a "GAME" in the middle of my screen and i proceeded to wet myself over the ridiculous outcome of the match. I don't know if the bomb exploded because i was holding it for too long or because i hit the stage, but basically i pinned him to the stage with Up-B, the bomb then exploded resulting in a bomb spike.

I don't see this in the main page, though. Seems like a 100% KO, though i would imagine it would be very difficult to set up.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Fortunately, not really. What i experienced was much faster than that. Imagine both characters stuck to the bottom of final des locked in Up-B, then bomb explodes mid animation. If it wasn't for the KB from the explosion, toon would fall to his death. :/ I would have grabbed the ledge anyway if the game wasn't over the second the bomb exploded, lol.

I should mention that wolf was near 10% damage.

So Toon Link was stuck in an UpB with Wolf under the ledges of Final Destination, and mid animation, the bomb blew up, spiking Wolf and saving you?

Sounds like an incredibly lucky kill if you ask me. ;)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hoh shiz, would have seen awesome if that dair landed for a double bomb slide. But still pretty cool stall.

tehcerealman

Smash Rookie
Just sayin' somethin' for organization, but could you (Fox is Openly Deceptive or any one else) reorganize the AT's so that the most important ones are first?
Also epic stall is epic.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I has question. How do I fight TL? Just power shield lots?

He throws so many things at me, that is just overwhelms me. lol xD
Also TL players are some of the nicest Brawlers I've ever met.

NH Cody

Smash Champion

:)

Well if you're MK, you have a decent advantage (65-35 IIRC).

Powershield our projectiles, and if you predict a zair then take advantage if it wasn't spaced and shieldgrab. Our recovery is somewhat limited so try to predict and gimp with dair.

And our nair comes out quick so don't overestimate startup time.

BTW I think this could have been asked in the inquiry thread, just remember for next time.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman

Grounded Shuttle Loop will beat out almost all our aerials, if we're approaching with them. Fair will eat rang and arrows, bombs you need to watch out for.

if you see they're gonna hookshot the ledge, if you hit them with a dair while they're hanging there, it will be very easy to take a stock, as they will probably have used their double jump and/or won't have a bomb on them to be able to do hurricane spin twice. Of course it's not guaranteed, and most toon link players know that if they hang on the ledge too long this will happen, but nonetheless it is something to keep in mind.

Like toonysonic said, Inquiry thread, or even matchup thread would be a better location for this. Hope I could help!

Top Bottom