• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Moveset Reviews

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Link to original post: [drupal=585]The Moveset Reviews[/drupal]

(This post will be updated when extra movesets are reviewed.)

Page 180

Gecko Moria by Koj

Originality: The whole mechanic with doppelman is brilliant. Controlling two characters at once, but this is far from the standard Ice Climbers stuff.The moves are very unique in how they work, it'd take me ages to think up of some of these. The fact doppelman doesn't follow moria in the airalso surprised me, as most people would just have him do so like the standard "Nana", but it led for even more interesting moves in the form of the up special and uair. The zombies are also one of the more original moves I've seen out of any moveset. Overall, there's not a single move here that feels forced, even moves such as the rising attack are filled to the brim with originality. You actually were daring enough to give him athrow that doesn't do anything, truly proving how utterly original this character is. I can't find a single move to complain about. Great job.

Detail: You give large amounts of detail to the moveset without it ever seeming as if it's too much, although I can see you possibly expanding onsome of the more basic attacks to help me picture it even further, though it's really not necessary. Never really any attack where it's necessary tosay more in the moveset, and how you seperated how the attack is performed from the details with the "notes" was spot on. The only thing I couldreally request is a longer "play style" section to tell me how the moves work as a whole.

Balance: I don't really see any problem with balance here, as he seems very laggy in all his attacks. While his recovery is good, they'd have to bean idiot to not see it coming and punish it, sending him right back out where he came from. There's really nothing overpowered here. The zombiecharacters might be shocking at first and pretty deadly in competetive play, but in the competetive scene they'll be very weak. The shadow stealhas only a 25% chance you'll steal their recovery, which means the move can't be used to reliably steal those or any other important moves thecharacter may have. My only complaint is I think the character might be slightly UNDERpowered, as you tell us how sheerly terrible some of hismoves are, the bthrow being a prime example. I also think he needs a -few- decent fast moves for approaching. Nothing much, just a couplemoves would be nice.

Relevance to Character: You incorporated Moria's laziness to excellent effect in the moveset, the crouch is brilliant and puts dedede's to shame. Ididn't know a thing about the character before reading the moveset and personally hate one piece, but I feel as if I know him better then if Iactually watched one of those terrible anime episodes or read a comic with him in it. I now hate one piece. . .Except for this character. How yougave him all those necromatic/shadow abilities, his laziness, and his command over doppelman fits his character perfectly. The bthrow, while making me question if he's underpowered, is a nice touch.

Extras: Your extras are pretty good, although most characters have at least 6 alt colors. I'm particularly fond of the SSE role, although I would've preferred if he were an actual main character in it, not being optional. Still, at least he has a good role in it, more then Wolf, Toon Link and Jigglypuff can account for. I'm not exactly wild about the stage, though. I can't picture the stage too well outside the characters interferring. Could you try to be more clear in describing the layout of the stage?

Organization: A very nice color scheme and good borders help make the moveset nice and easy to read. The notes seperating the different parts of information really helps put this over the top. I have no real complaints here. If you really want me to point out something wrong, you forgot to correctly color one of your "notes" sections, it being a plain white, it was decently early on in the standard attacks or tilts section.

Overall: A beautiful moveset, and personally one of my very favorite movesets out of the ones I've read thus far. It seems that after this moveset was completed, all the movesets after it were quality. Looks like Moria's leading the way to a new era of movesets, I really like how this bad boy turned out. Could use a bit more explaining about how he'd stand up to the other characters in the meta-game, but that'd just be icing on this already delicious cake. I'm personally rooting for this one to win the contest, ignoring my own of course, and this is coming from a guy who hates one piece.

Page 169

Grim Reaper by KingK.Rool

Originality: You did pretty dang good with what you had there, as the character only does a couple of basic actions. The times he does do physical attacks they don't seem similiar at all to any of the other attacks he has, and the reaplings really help to give all his moves a truly unique feel. Very well done.

Detail: You really got just the right amount of detail in there. No move really feels under detailed, and you really help me picture the moveset well, especially the special attacks. Nothing really feels like it needs to be expanded upon or overly detailed.

Balance: This is the only really notable flaw the character has. The final smash would simply completely destroy characters without projectiles. 50% for the side special? While they can be easily destroyed, when they're coming around you at mass angles there's really not that much you can do. Characters like Ganondorf who can't run away from the reaplings would be utterly destroyed. To boot, the reaper can still move while the reaplings attack his enemy, able to use one of his smash attacks as they're caught in the super damaging attacks of the reaplings. You also claim he's not a power character when his attacks do 20% damage and upwards regularly in the smash attacks and rarely do a notably low amount of damage. Against characters who DO have projectiles, the reaplings are basically completely useless, making the character terrible against them. This would leave the reaper to have extremely good and bad match ups, causing any match up he's in to be imbalanced in some way.

Relevance to character : You used the reaplings and bugging out animation the reaper has to notable effect, and there's really nothing else this generic enemy has in his game. The rest of his moves are rather fitting for a general grim reaper stereotype, making for a very fitting moveset for the character that wouldn't work as well on other characters.

Extras: The character doesn't clap in his loss animation like all the other characters, making him awkward in that regard. The kirby hat seems rather underpowered. Why does an undead grim reaper laugh in a mechanical voice in his down taunt? More extras would be nice. Aside from that, the snake codec conversation and alternat colors are brilliant, kudos to you good sir.

Organization: The moveset's in a very nice easy to read format, especially with the little paragraphs below the moves for the "reapling bonuses.". The only complaint I have is that there aren't headers dividng the sections of attacks, just slightly larger gaps.

Overall: Very well done for the most part, the balance is the only thing holding this bad boy moveset back from true greatness.

Page 166

Gibari by TWILITHERO

Originality: His attacks are all very generic, and it's even worse that this is present in his side and down specials, which are suppossed to be among his most unique moves. The final smash being Gibari's up B doesn't help in particular at all, and the rest of his attacks are generic swings for the most part, not even being that different from each other a lot of the time, at least from what I can tell from the small detail.

Detail: You only give the detail that's completely and utterly necessary, and nothing more for the most part. You don't help me picture the motions of the character too well, and while you do tell me statistics for his attacks, you only tell me the bare minimum I need to know. Overall, spice it up some more, particularly in how the moves are performed. That, or make his attacks less generic. You still do get some points for telling me what was required, but it has potetional to be much more.

Balance: The character is supposed to be a power character, yet the majority of his moves only do 4-6% damage? This is laughable, being so slow and weak he'd easily be the worst character in the game. To see what I'm talking about, look at the throws and aerials (Besides uair) in particular. Underpowered is better then overpowered, but this guy makes Captain Falcon in Brawl look like a god he's so terrible. Even if his attacks do have okay knockback, that doesn't mean a thing if he can't get any damage on the enemy at all.

Relevance to character: Due to how generic most of the swings of the paddle are, it doesn't seem very fitting of him at all. The elemental attacks are at least implemented though, thankfully, making his character at least somewhat regognizable. The fact he's so horribly underpowered also detracts from him being in character, him supposed to be a strong muscle bound hulk, not a character who can barely do any damage to the enemy.

Extras: The Snake Codec is actually pretty good ignoring the bad grammer, and there's nothing wrong with the taunts of win poses. Music is also welcome. The SSE role doesn't relate toe the real SSE at all and includes a character besides the one the moveset is for, making it null and void. More extras would help, particularly having winning poses but not a loss pose is awkward.

Organization: The only good thing here is the headers. Several of the moves have different effects when used in the ground/air, but these uses aren't seperate dinto paragraphs. Besides the headers, the thing's a giant white wall of text. A large amount of grammer mistakes hurt the presentation greatly to boot.

Overall: Sorry, but until this moveset becomes less generic and underpowered, it's not going anywhere.

Page 165

Treecko by TVTMaster

Originality: It seems there are a good few moves where Treecko whips out his tail in front of him, but nothing too bad in terms of varrying styles of the same general attack. His moves all seem to have varrying effects and not be similiar at all to how the others play, so it seems original enough to me. Just needs more attacks other then headbutts and tail swipes.

Detail: Could use slightly more, but you say what's needed to be known and describe the animations and gameplay effects well enough. Overall, pretty good, just feels slightly rushed and feels as if there's more aobut the moves that needs to be known that's not being told.

Balance: His smashes seem to have a heck of a lot of power for coming out so fast and him being a speedy weak character, but this is for the most part made up by his bad aerials. However; when the smashes are charged they do insane damage, the level of power is nearly on that of Dedede's. He also seems rather overpowered in that his bad air game is made up by with him being unable to be edgehogged due to his up B and his gimping powers with his side b. It seems he can combo enemies up to high percents relatively easy with his fast weak attacks, then finish them off with one of his smashes that which are so overpowered with ease. The smashes aren't even that slow, and the dsmash can do up to 28% and comes out "lighting quick" with "insane priority" and even reflects projectiles. His final smash seems like an insanely upgraded version of ROB's, basically being superspicy curry with invulnerability while he's still able to do his regular attacks. If he literally is just standing there during the attack though, then I'd say it's balanced, underpowered if anything.

Relevance to character: Several of the attacks do have grass effects, and the ones involving Treecko's body fit decently well. However, none of the moves are actually real Pokemon attacks besides Absorb and Leaf Blade. Absorb isn't even anything like the version of Absorb in the Pokemon games, and would make more sense if it were relabeled to Growth.

Extras: The taunts seem good along with the victory animations for the most part, no real complaints there. The alternate costumes feel under detailed, tell me more about how the color swaps affect Treecko's appearance. The Kirby Hat and SSE role seem to have little to no thought put into them, but it's better then them not being there at all. I'm no particularly fond of the codec, but it's not -bad-. Isn't in dire need of more extras, but more is always better.

Organization: Could use more color in the actual descriptions of the various attacks, but the colors of the headings are well done and the rest of the presentation of the orgaganization is top notch. My only other complaint is that the final smash is listed down in the extras area below the taunts and such, it almost made me forget about it.

Overall: Just give this moveset some balance by nuking the smashes and change the name of absorb to growth and you'll do significantly better, those are the main problems. It would also boost your score up a good bit if you actually made his attacks from the Pokemon games.

Page 162

The Joker (Batman) by Spartan64

Originality: The moves don't resemble any other character's, the concepts for the moves are very good concepts. The Usmash, Side Special and Down Special are particularly brilliant. None of his moves besides a couple basic attacks resemble other characters, although those basic attacks -are- slightly generic. The rest of the attacks are all very good though, easily the best thing this moveset has going for it. The only thing not feeling that original is the final smash, although it's very fitting for the joker's character, so for the most part it's excused, but still costs you two points.

Detail: This is the moveset's tragic flaw, while there are great basic concepts for the moves they're horribly underdetailed. Little to nothing is told to me about the move, although you do at least tell me what I need to know in terms of damage and knockback. Has a very rushed feel, the bad grammer not helping. If you just really sat down and took the time to make this moveset great, I could really see it going somewhere.

Balance: Some of his moves do insane amounts of damage, and his fsmash does both insane damage and knockback, you not mentioning any notable lag on the attack. His uthrow does 15% while his dthrow also does 19%, which is far too much for a throw. Tone down the damage percentages and give him some lag on the explsoive attacks and he'll be a lot more balanced.

Relevance to Character: As already mentioned, the moves are very unique, and it fits that the joker would mainly use explsoives. A knife also makes sense as a main weapon for the basic attacks, but he isn't quite powerful enough to really use his strength for his other attacks, having to rely on the explsoives. Makes sense to me and seems very in character, the cards and juggling are also a nice touch to make him seem more like a circus clown.

Extra: The taunts and winning poses are very in character for him, though his stage is rather awkward, along with the batman assist trophy. The SSE role is horribly under detailed and I'm not fond at all of the codec. You still do get props for including it all there, though.

Organization: Firstly, a common mistake, the entire moveset's a giant white wall of text besides the headers. Also, in your picture, the joker's name goes below the rest of the challenger approaching sign due to the giant size of the picture. What really hurts you here though is the massive amount of spelling mistakes, really hurting the presentation of your moveset enough to give you several NEGATIVE points.

Overall:Great concept, but it has the potetional to be so much more. Give it some detail, balance it, and, if possible, learn to spell, and this will be one of the top contending movesets. Seriously, the originality in the moves is nearly flawless besides the final smash, fitting the Joker like one of his trademark gloves. Polish this baby up and put some serious time into it. Get into it enough so you can ask yourself -why you're so serious- about it.

Page 160

Master Hand by Commander Blitzkrieg

Originality: For what you had to work with, you gave him a large amount of different types of attacks with his fingers. You did a pretty good job of making all his moves unique when you actually tried, not much to say, although I'm particularly fond of the dtilt. The moves you did steal from the boss fights work pretty much just like they did in them, when they could be reworked to be more unique. Still, it's not like you're making him a clone of a playable character, so it's acceptable.

Detail: You tell me virtually no damage percentages or knockback at all, doing less then the movesets which are far worse in other compartments then yours. If you just tried to actually detail the attacks and give them a couple more sentences describing damage and knockback, it could really shine. As is, I can barely picture the character in smash, as if you're just in the concept stage. Now that you know how his attacks look, it's time to show how his attacks will effect gameplay. You do give slightly more detail on the specials, but still refuse to give any detail on damage and knockback. The only time you ever mention anything is if it's a spike.

Balance: Due to having no idea on damage and knockback whatsoever, I have no idea how he'd play, thus you make it totally and utterly unclear how balanced he'd be, killing any potetional score.

Relevance to Character: He's a giant floating hand, and you use his more notable attacks from the smash series in his moveset. There's not much more relevant you can get, although I still think some more of his boss fight attacks should be included (Though not cloned from the boss fight), particularly the shooting of the bullet bills from his fingertips, which would give him a projectile. The final smash makes good use of crazy hand, though, helping to raise the score and make it more master hand then a generic floating hand.

Extras: The third taunt is very humurous with what's crossed out, and his losing pose is pure genious, seeing as he can't clap. There could be more extras, I'd particularly like to see a codec conversation for a giant floating hand. What you have though is gold, giving you a average score to make up for the lack of extras.

Organization: You do at least have perfect grammer, but the thing's still a white wall of text, no color being used. Other then the color of the text, there isn't much problem

Overall: Excellent creativity, I give you major props for it. The simple fact of the matter is though is I simply cannot picture the moveset being used in a even semi serious fight due to the lack of detail on knockback, range and damage. Has potetional to really sky rocket up into the ranks if there was more time put into it.

Parin by ducky285

Originality: All the specials are very generic, especially the down and side special, which are supposed to have some of the most original moves in the moveset. The final smash seems unique enough from what little you told me, though. The rest of the attacks have too many generic slashes, being similiar to each other, and the moves don't look that different either. One of the most common examples of a unoriginal move is "punch punch kick", like Mario's AAA, and that's exactly what you've got for her there. Overall, needs a lot of work.

Detail: You told me what I needed to know, but nothing more, and in as few words as possible. Thankfully though there is some detail on the play style in the statistics, helping to make up for the general lack of detail in the moves. You do mention decent things about combo potetional, and it's a good deal beyond the league of joker and darth vader. You also neglect to mention damage percents, being a key factor.

Balance: From what I can deduce, there's nothing too terribly imbalanced about the character, you helping to confirm this in the statistics at the start. None of the moves really contradict with what you've said is the character's play style, making her seem plenty balanced enough to me. I can't find anything wrong with it. It would be a perfect 20 if there were damage percents on it, but due to that I can't tell for sure if it'd be balanced.

Relevance to Character: From what I can tell, it's relevant, she uses the drill for a heck of a lot of moves. It seems awkward to me that her little drill can open that giant hole for the final smash though, make it more cinematic.

Extras: The taunts and victory poses are very meh overall, and you lack a losing pose. More extras and better detail on what you do have here would be appreciated.

Organization: You have good section headers, but the thing's a big white wall of text, taking away from the presentation like the other movesets on this page.

Overall: The main thing this moveset's missing is damage percentages, and more detail would be useful in making the moveset stand out more. Mixing up the specials with and giving less generic slashes would be a welcome change. While it's not horrendous in it's current form, it'd need nearly a complete overhaul before it could improve.

Darth Vader by MyNameIsRyan

Originality: While he does have some original attacks that are unique with the force, he also has a large amount of generic slashes. His specials are decently unique, so it's not -too- bad, but could be a good deal better. His up special, while original, sounds very awkward, him magically running upwards for a recovery as he throws his lightsaber upwards. Now that I think about it, doesn't that basically sound like Ike's, only even more random?

Detail: While you do tell me the percentages the attacks do, you don't tell me how much knockback all the attacks do, and rarely tell me how fast the attack is. You also never mention range, either. I'm barely able to picture his moves in my mind at all, and when I do I often have to be creative and use my imagination to come up with how it'd work due to you being so horribly under-detailed. Overall, feels extremely rushed, as if made in twenty minutes or less.

Balance: He's balanced for the most part from what I can deduce from the tiny amount of detail, but the one thing that sticks out at me is that horrendous fsmash. It sounds like it's basically Ike's, but can do up to 40% damage fully charged. I don't know about you, but that' insanely over powered.

Relevance to Character: While the moveset does make use of his light saber and the force, it feels more like a generic star wars character then Darth Vader. Darth Vader isn't that slow in the star wars series, and if anything he'd be around on Wolf's level, being around in the middle but slightly more towards power. Feels like it needs more sith moves, such as force lightning.

Extras: The extras feel rather tacked on, and the taunts and victory messages are nothing special. The losing animation doesn't have him clapping, you don't have even have enough alt costumes to fill up all the team colors. You would've been better off leaving the codec blank then saying you were too lazy to think of one.

Organization: It's a giant white wall of text, with no colors even for the section headers. Make it annoying to read, but at least you don't have terrible grammar and didn't give the moveset a ugly color all over it. It also feels awkward to have the final smash after the extras, such as the taunts.

Overall:The extreme lack of detail is bad, and nothing notable at all about the moveset, no category sticking out. Sorry to offend, but this is one of my least favorite movesets out of the whole topic, it just. . .Doesn't do Darth Vader justice. You have some ideas that are decent going around, just try to make it darth vader and not a random guy with a light saber.

Page 155

Zelos Wilder by Chris Lionheart

Originality: A good amount of sword slashes, but they're still different styles of slashes and are mixed up with punches, kicks and elemental attacks, so it seems okay to me. The B up seems very generic and the dair and down b are very similiar, and the actual throws have no thought put into them. Other then that, it's all good, original material. The stuff under "L button" also lacks originality.

Detail: You say what needs to be said about the moves, but not much more. The moves are decently detailed, but overall could use with a beefed up description. Some of the descriptions of the moves are slightly confusing, but overall I can still picture them, so good job. I'd really like to see an expanded play style take the place of the pros/cons list, but it still gets the job done well enough, being slightly above average. The stuff under "L button" also lacks any detail at all.

Balance: There's nothing really wrong here that I can think of, he doesn't seem overpowered at all and you still tell me what I needed to know, so kudos to you. I looked over it multiple times for anything that struck me as bad, and the whole moveset seems entirely fair. He's not underpowered either with the dair and projectiles. Doesn't need anything changed in this department, good job. Due to it not being super detailed and there not being that detailed of a play style/pros cons list, I can't perfectly tell if it's totally balanced, so that prevents you from getting a perfect score. The fact that there's virtually nothing on the cons list makes me suspicious about his balance, also, taking off a point or two.

Relevance to Character: You used his magics well in the moves, and I also find how you implemented his womanizing quite laughable, the grab/grab attack on females is brilliant, as well as the entrance. The "my hunnies" line is too repeated though, and some of his moves are slightly generic in that they're just regular every day swings that could go on any of the thousands of sword characters, but that's not really Oout of character.

Extras: Lacks two victory poses, although I do like how his loss pose has an original flavor to it while still keeping the clapping in it. The taunts also seem pretty good. Codec feels too short and underdetailed. Assist Trophy, Stage and Boss are EXTREMELY under detailed, the boss only having two attacks, ridiculous. There's no lack of quanity here, but outside the taunts we're lacking in quality.

Organization: White wall of text outside the pink section headers, more color would be appreciated. Other then that, it's well categorized and goes in an order that makes sense.

Overall: It's up there, but not quite up on the level of movesets like andy's toys and the grim reaper. Needs beefed up detail, less generic moves in some cases, and overall polish. While it doesn't effect the score that much, the "extra" extras are pretty bad, and could really use with some exspansion in detail.

Banjo Kazooie by LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Andy's Toys by bkupa666

While the fourth character in the moveset wasn't complete when I passsed by this one, I'd already read two of the three, so I figured I may as well not let the effort go to waste. I'll be just pretending that the rotation goes just between the three characters currently in the moveset.

Originality: How Potatoe Head uses his attacks are pretty good, him removing his limbs, easily the most original part of the three. Rex is pretty good too, considering what you had to work with. Hamm, though, has a lot of generic attacks his his snout and rear end, I think you could do better with him. The ones involving coins are good, but unlike your claim, there are a lot of physical contact moves with his back and snout, seeming slightly overdone.

Detail: The moves are for the most part pretty detailed, I can picture the moves in action pretty well. Some are a lot more detailed then others, but that'd to be expected, as some of your moves have much more complicated properties then the more basic ones. Overall, no real complaints, you told me everything about the move without making it long winded. All the moves being named also helps the score, further helping me be able to picture moves. I can still picture more detail, though, like his overall play style, which keeps you from a perfect score.

Balance: Hamm's smashes and side B are too powerful. With how much damage they do when charged, you make him seem like he'd be a power character, but that clearly goes against your description. The others aren't too bad, although potatoe head's smashes are also slightly too powerful charged up. Rex is perfectly balanced though from what I can deduce, and the others aren't -that- bad overall.

Relevance to Character: You make use of the fact they're toys by giving them bendable limbs, you use humorous attacks from the movies, especially on rex, his standard B is pure genious. I really can't see these movesets making sense on any other character, they fit perfectly. Kudos to you, good sir. The characters do use random props (And just for a couple moves, making it all the more random) a bit too often when they already have plenty of moveset potetional without them, though.

Extras: The taunts/victory poses are hillarious on rex, excellent references to the movie. Potatoe head's are good references, but they aren't as downright funny as Rex's. Hamm only has a couple references, and while the ones there are good, the generic ones you gave him pale in comparison to the ones on Rex. It's still good, just has potetional to be better, and more extras would be a welcome addition.

Organization: Section headers, lots of different colors throughout moveset and the colors being themed with the characters make this a pleasure for the eyes to read. My only complaint is that there are no section headers for the next toy, although the different color scheme is enough of a warning anyway.

Overall: Rex on his own would be worthy of a higher ranking and possibiy potatoe head, but Hamm brings down the score due to his being more generic and less balanced and true to the movie. I look forward to seeing this completed with Slinky Dog, and I defenitely see this going places in the contest. It will go even farther if you fine tune it, though.

Page 153

Cel Link by Smashbot226

Originality: Virtually no generic sword slashes are in this moveset, while Toon Link's are filled with them. A very fine job, no improvement is needed here, he clearly has a very unique moveset that has little to no resemblance to Toon Link's. I thought you might steal some more of Toon Link's attacks, but you only really did that with his dair, which made more sense to stay.

Detail: Good amount of detail on the majority of the attacks. Some of the more minor attacks could use it slightly beefed up, but it's not necessary. Telling us directly how this improved version of Toon Link plays overall would be a plus, with a play style or pros/cons section. A few or your descriptions aren't particularly good at getting me to picture the attack, but they're few and far between, so that's not too much of a problem.

Balance: His attacks do too much damage and knockback, he's supposed to be a fast character. Even if some of the attacks have lag or other bad effects to make up for the damage, it's still awkward for a character to have a large amount of slow powerful and quick weak attacks at the same time. All around the amount of damage seems too high in general, high enough for a power character like King Dedede. You say you've tried to nef Toon Link, but it looks like to me you buffed him. One particular attack that jumps out at me is the ftilt, the only bad thing about it being range.

Relevance to Character: You did a surprisingly good job of making use of Link's massive inventory. The items also specifically relate to the games where this version of Link is from, helping to fit him all the more. It feels as if you used a few too many items for just one attack, but that's what Link does in the actual games anyway. Good job.

Extras: The second victory pose seems a bit random, but the taunts/post-victory animations are otherwise top notch. You removed Dark Toon Link from his alt costume selection? Why not one of the generic color swaps? If you're not going to give the character a SSE role, don't list it, as the whole purpose for "SSE role" would be if the character actually had a real role in it, like any of the other characters outside Sonic, Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link. I'm not particularly find of Toon Link getting his own icon. . .People will just whine about Zelda not getting enough representation.

Organization: Barriers are fine despite having a few bad instances where spacing isn't correct. There is a supreme lack of color though, and the colors for the headers aren't exactly the prettiest ones to read. Still, this part doesn't really need any notable improvements, this is really rather trvial.

Overall: A great example on what Toon Link could've been in Brawl. It's a shame that isn't what we were given, and other then balance issues this would be a fine addition to replace the waste of space that is Toon Link (I want my Mewtwo!).

Page 124

Darknut by Majora 787

Originality: You did a decent job of mixing up his attacks between his sword, shield , and ocassionally kicks, but what got me here is the ridiculous amount of attacks involving bats. It's a decently original mechanic compared to generic physical attacks that are the standard power character attacks, but the amount of attacks you use bats in really feels as if you over-did it. The moves involving bats aren't even that different from each other. It's especially bad in the specials, three of his four specials and the final smash all revolve around the bats. His down special and standard special are basically identical, only his down special is better. Seems rather lazy and rushed to me, as the specials are the least original part of the moveset.

Detail: You barely tell me any attack speeds throughout the moveset, range also being absent. You don't tell me that much about how the bats move about or what they do. I can picture many ways how they'd work. The fact you left the bat moves pretty undetailed it what made me attack their originality so much, as you didn't talk much about how they were different from the other bat moves. The fact you didn't tell me exactly how much damage the moves do doesn't help either. And unless the darknut only grabs with one hand around the neck, then he can't punch his enemy, the grab attack would make a lot more sense if it were choking.

Balance: His final smash seems a bit weak, as pretty much all the final smashes have the chance to do both large damage and knockback. Unless the final smash is basically undodgable and does around 150%, it's too weak. The fact I have no idea how fast his individual moves are or exactly how much damage they do doesn't help me in figuring out how balanced he is.

Relevance to Character: Twilight Princess is the only game I've played with a darknut in it, and in there they don't use any ability relating to bats. . .I looked up wikipedia's entry on darknut, and it doesn't mention anything about it having bat abilities. Aside from the bat abilities, the only things you included that were darknut related were the sword boomerang and the armor falling off. You didn't give any attacks relating to the version with the armor off, which would've fitted the darknut much better. Even if it does have the ability with the bats, making the entire moveset revolve around the bats make him seem as if he were a vampiric character, which he's not. Overall, needs less bats. Have I made that clear enough yet?

Extras: The fact that there's more bats here once again irks me, but they aren't that common, so I'll excuse it. The snake codec is decent enough. It's better to simply nost list something you're not going to have, having "none" listed under item feels very unprofessional. The same somewhat goes for the SSE role, it being very small. You made his SSE role and trophy unlock method demote the character into proving how generic he is, when you should instead be promoting it. Why else did you make a moveset for this character? Stage also lacks detail.

Organization: The best part of the moveset. Good barriers to split the sections, color scheme that fits the character, and the order everything's in makes sense. No real complaints except that the names of the moves could perhaps do with a different color.

Overall: The moveset doesn't perform well in any category in particular, but it's a step up above the worse movesets in the contests. There is some originality, and the organization shows you did put some time into this thing. If you want to improve this one, work on putting less bats in the moveseet, add more detail, particularly damage percentages and attack speeds, and more detail in general. This one has potetional to get better.

Page 117

Sauron by Smashbot226

Originality: The attacks are all decently original, and I like how you gave him two different weapons to attack with, it helped make him more unique. None of his basic attacks feel as if they're generic, except for the ones that don't give enough detail, which isn't really the fault of the originality. Him having super armor up to 100% to make up for being so insanely strong and slow is a good mechanic that really helps to give him his a distunished feel. The final smash is my only true complaint originality wise, as it's basically just a rehashed PK starstorm. While you did make it different enough, I feel Sauron has potetional for a more original final smash, such as the tower with the eye of sauron in it showing up in the background and zapping people or something.

Detail: Sorry to say, but you're somewhat lacking in this department. In your new version of Toon Link, you had a good deal more detail, so if you came back to give Sauron the same treatment I bet it'd really be shining. You do give me most of the description I need to know about the moves, but the more you can manage to get in there, the better. Some moves you don't go into detail enough about how the move is visually performed, making me scratch my head as to how it'd work in Smash. You do thankfully tell me enough that I can at least see it's uses gameplay wise, though, as I can (Although somewhat vaguely) see how this character would fight in competetive play.

Balance: While the super armor mechanic up to 100% is very original, I feel it's quite overpowered. The Sauron player can just spam the slightly less laggy wide range moves he has, and there will be little the player can do to stop him. Against other normal slow powerful characters, Sauron would dominate, and small fast characters wouldn't be able to interrupt his attacks, meaning their speed wouldn't really matter. Really, the only way to defeat him would be to spam projectiles from far away till 100% then finish him, but even then he's insanely heavy and has good recovery. This guy's got serious potetional to leave Meta Knight, Snake and Dedede in the dust for god tier. Instead of this overpowered constant superarmor, might I suggest you just give a large amount of his attacks super armor? He can have superarmor a good majorirty of the time, but there still need to be openings where he's vulneable, as otherwise I just simply don't see this guy going down.

Relevance to Character: Last I checked, Sauron wasn't so insanely large, much less this slow. I feel that while he should be on the power character end, I think it's quite awkward for him to be such an extreme exaggeration of the heavyweight class. If you can make the superarmor feature more balanced, he can still be, but his size and power should be toned down at least slightly for some more speed. The specials seem decently fitting, but I think one of them needs to be a melee attack. The final smash seems sort of random and out there. Why not give him some sort of mount that he used in the movies, or use the power of the ring?

Extras: The codec looked bad, but Gollum made up everything. MY PRECIOUS! As for the taunts and victory poses, it feels awkward that the only line he speaks throughout the entire moveset is a single simple "COME". Give him a couple win poses with dialouge andperhaps another taunt, and it'll be fine. The SSE role feels somewhat underdone, I think it has a good deal more potetional then what you did with it, but that's more the fault of detail, not the role itself. He would feel kind of last second if he was placed just before the great invasion cutscene, though. . .

Organization: I first must comment that the two pictures you provided in the moveset were very good and helpful, so I applaud you for that. You have good section headers, although I don't see why the dash attack isn't with the basic A attacks. The header colors are a bit hard to read, so you might want to change the colors. Besides the headers, there's no color in the moveset, making it for the most part a white wall of text, so you might want to work on that. No real problems though, this is just nitpicking, perfect organization is just a cherry on top of a delicious bowl of ice cream.

Overall: Sauron's a decent moveset, but could use more detail and is rather overpowered. While not totally true to the character, it compensates by making a character with a very unique feel. Spice this baby up to match the new Toon Link and Yoda and you'll have yourself an exceptionally good moveset, but this is still one of the more decent ones as is. Kudos to you, Smashbot.

Page 104

Sandslash by Sirkibble

Originality: You have a lot of different types of moves here, and thanks to the Pokemon moves mechanic you used for naming the attacks none of them really feel too generic. You avoid repeating the same type of move too many times and really help Sandslash to feel like his own character. No real complaints in particular.

Detail: You're rather brief in your descriptions, but you still communicate the moves to me pretty well for the most part. The only thing that you don't tell me on a lot of the moves that I wanted to know is how fast/slow they were, which is a shame. You still tell me enough to see the moves being used in an actual fight though, so kudos to you.

Balance: The final smash, while fitting to Sandslash, seems rather basic though. Nobody's going to go on a 20% chance to attack Sandslash, so they'll just run the whole time. It's basically invincibility with an extra 20% damage bonus from the sandstorm. The other characters, like Wario Man and Rob, get invincibility with much more powerful bonuses, making me think Sandslash's final smash is very underpowered, and it's pretty dang short to boot. No real complaints with the actual moveset, although I can't tell perfectly without knowing how laggy the moves are.

Relevance to Character: This really jumped out at me how well the moveset fit the character, what with every attack being named after a Pokemon move. You don't exactly make all the moves true to the game, such as Spikes, but that's excusable for the most part when there are only so many Pokemon moves to choose from. I also love the fact that his play style is completely ground oriented, and he's a ground type Pokemon. Great job.

Extras: The taunts and results screen poses are decently generic, but it's not like you exactly had much to work with. Maybe give him a couple more humurous ones? If you're not going to give him a role in the SSE, don't list it. Describe the color changes in more detail. What do the color changes make him resemble? Does the black costume give him red evil eyes? Does he have a shiny costume?

Organization: You have good section headers, but it's still a giant white wall of text outside said headers, as I've repeated for many movesets. You do bold the move names though, which is more then most other movesets can say, so you get bonus points for that. I'd still recommend adding somecolor though.

Overall: An exceptionally good moveset, there are just a very small amount of minor issues holding this thing back. Needs very little editing before it will be considered one of the best movesets in the contest, and it's already decently high up there. Only thing that feels rushed about it is the final smash.

Page 72

The Delicious One by TheSundanceKid

Originality: The attacks are extremely basic, and you included the infamous punch punch kick combo for his AAA. That said, the standard special and side special are good ideas, and surprisingly the side special sound decently balanced. The up special is a cloned move, though, which is bad. I don't quite understand the down special due to awkward wording, but it sounds better then the other moves. The final smash I ironically ended up using later on in my Big the Cat moveset unknowingly, so of course I'll give you credit for that. Outside the specials and final smash though, it's a bunch of garbage.

Detail: The fact that there's no detail is what adds to the genericness of the non special moves. While you do give decent detail on said special moves, the rest of the attacks have virtually no detail at all and aren't even complete sentences to describe the attacks. You do get points for the special attacks and using pictures to help illustrate, though, even if they were rather unneeded. Feels rushed.

Balance: You did balance the side special where I can picture most people on your level would end up making it horribly imbalanced, so I do give you credit for that. However; you don't give detail on how any of the other moves affect gameplay for the most part, making me completely unable to tell.

Relevance to Character: The specials, final smash and extras seem in character, but the rest seems too generic to fit him. With what you did work on though, you got it in well, so that does give you a few points. The extras also help him seem more in character and less generic.

Extras: You put good effort into the wiimote sound, alt colors and the logo, but the fact that the ice cream item is a superspicy curry clone hurts the score very slightly. A surprisingly impressive amount of extras for how undetailed the rest of the moveset is, kudos to you.

Organization: No color except for the headers, although I do give you props for giving a header labeled "extras", making things easier on reviewers like myself. What's with the lack of color? Are you racist? This is a nation filled with different colored people.

Overall: I know that others with a slightly higher score recieved a regular F, but I feel that this moveset has more actual effort put into it then the others, it shows in the specials in particular.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Bill & Lance Comments

Wow, that was awesome. I think I'm going to have to get some more reviews outta' you, because that was really, really in-depth, and therefore very fun to read. Awesome job! :bee:

But now I get to say a few things, and hopefully do away with some of your concerns...

1. The Neutral B has to be like that, because that's literally the only thing they actually do in their games--shoot at various angles. And the FS is what it is because the Spread Shot is easily the most powerful weapon in any Contra game. It's hard to describe just how powerful the thing is until you're six levels in and only have 2 lives left.

2. As for the separation thing--apparently you missed two of the Special Traits...

>Unlike the Ice Climbers, it's very difficult to separate Bill & Lance from each other, requiring an incredibly-powerful attack (Bob-Omb, Fully-charged Smash Attack, etc.) to do so, and even then, they'll be able to stick together unless their % is over 100. So 99% of the time, if you separate them, you'll probably end up scoring a KO.

>If Bill & Lance are separated, the majority of their attacks can't be used. Trying to do so will result in a confused and pained expression from the one you're controlling (separation anxiety).

...I admit it's not an ideal system, and I kept second-guessing myself, especially since I rag on kitsuneko345 for that Plusle & Minun moveset because of how a lot of their moves are taken away when separated...but I think I sort of fixed that by making it ridiculously hard to separate Bill & Lance.

3. Uh, let's see...CODEC. Right. I went through three or four different ones, but I settled on the one I did because Contra, more than any other series, really makes you feel like an ABSOLUTE GOD when you finish one. There's literally no better feeling to be had in the world of gaming than conquering nine levels of the hell that is Contra, and coming out alive.

4. The Victory Animations...eh, I usually don't do all three. Most of the actual 'Poses in Brawl are usually just taunts anyways, so Bill & Lance's third one is probably just one of those.

And the Alt. Costumes are like that because...well, I was playing Contra 4 while I was making this, and let's just say some of the unlocks in that game are ridiculously cool.

5. Maybe I should stop calling them "Notes" then...

6. I only named Dracula's stuff because people asked me to. It's not like most characters actually have names for any attacks besides their Specials anyways. Yeah, it's cool when someone does it, but for me it's usually just extra work...

6. And finally, to correct something: while you can technically play Contra with only one player, doing so is just asking to have your *** handed to you. The series is perhaps the most exemplary case of co-op videogaming ever made, and it remains as the one attribute, along with the Spread Shot, that Contra's most famous for.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Heh, glad somebody actually aprreciated the effort that goes into these reviews. See why I can only be bothered to do one at a time now? If I'm gonna write something, I have to go all out or I'm not satisfied, I'm crazy like that. You see why I had to postpone these reviews to get any work done on my moveset?

1. I suppose that explains it. It's still gotta be somewhat true to the game, no? Guess these guys have less to work with then I thought. *Has barely touched Contra in an arcade once or twice*

2. I looked at the special traits section, but when I saw that virtually every attack required a team up I wondered if. . .they could like do anything at all withou their teammate. Only the specials didn't have that much teaming up.

3. I can never hear the word contra without the person saying how difficult it is. Seeing this, I suppose it fits as a throwback to the game whether or not it's canonical. Honestly, who cares about such serious stuff anyway?

4. None of the victory animations are duplicates of taunts in Brawl from what I can remember. . .Like none at all. I just consider it more potential to be creative, and it's not like it takes that long anyway. I've always been against excessive alt costumes (Any more then a single one really) due to realism.

5. I'd suggest calling the little description at the start "Basic description" or something like that and leave the rest with no title.

6. I feel for you. I hate naming all the attacks, as I always have to double lettering and such crap to make it all sound nice. It's oftentimes more work then making the actual moves themselves.

6.2 (Lol, do you hate 7?). Once again, I've barely played Contra, so I wouldn't know. You have to of played the game to understand how true it is to it in this moveset.

I'm still firmly against the usmash above all moves though. . .It just feels too silly..

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Heh, glad somebody actually aprreciated the effort that goes into these reviews. See why I can only be bothered to do one at a time now? If I'm gonna write something, I have to go all out or I'm not satisfied, I'm crazy like that. You see why I had to postpone these reviews to get any work done on my moveset?
Now just imagine doing all those reviews for people who don't even read them...

Man I'm glad I switched to Reviews by Request.

4. None of the victory animations are duplicates of taunts in Brawl from what I can remember. . .Like none at all. I just consider it more potential to be creative, and it's not like it takes that long anyway. I've always been against excessive alt costumes (Any more then a single one really) due to realism.
One of DK's is just him pounding his chest, one of Link's is his Twilight Princess-spin n' sheath animation, Kirby does his victory dance from the games in both a victory animation and taunt...

I could go on, but I think you'll get my point. I know what you mean though, and yeah, I am quite lazy when it comes to Extras (at least when compared to certain other people here).

6.2 (Lol, do you hate 7?). Once again, I've barely played Contra, so I wouldn't know. You have to of played the game to understand how true it is to it in this moveset.
Yes. When I was but a young child, a roaming gang of down-on-their-luck 7s killed my mother and father in cold blood.

HAPPY NOW!?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
General Note: I am of the opinion that Extras aren't all they're cracked up to be. Honestly I usually don't even read them unless I'm a fan of the character, which as it turns out isn't very often in the Anything-Goes World of MYM. I am quite pleased that you liked it so much, but I don't plan on adding anything to it. I just enjoyed making it, which is enough for me.

SO ANYHOO

1. You got me on the envision thing. Every one of his attacks is either copied directly or adapted to Smash Bros. from either Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts II, so if a fan of (particularly the second game) were to read this, they'd be able to picture everything perfectly, assuming they memorized all the Reaction Commands from KHII.

2. You can borrow that format all you want. I probably won't use it again, though I have decided to cut out the "notes" section beneath every attack. I generally have a standard layout, but I also try and BBCode/color/format each moveset differently, to better fit the character.

In that light, the colors I used here actually do have a point. All his standards have that little red tilde in their sections, as red is the color of his Valor Form (the powerful physical transformation). His specials have blue, after Wisdom Form (the magically-gifted transformation). His stats and other vital info up top are yellow, after Master Form (the all-around transformation), and finally, his FS is silver and white from Final Form, which...well, you can see in the picture why I chose those.

So yeah. While it is more subdued than some of my previous stuff, it certainly does fit the character. Your nit has been picked.

3. THERE IS NO NUMBER THREE

4. No, I don't hate Sora. I just hate the plot of Kingdom Hearts, and since he's so awfully generic, and so centric to said plot, he ends up getting the shortest end of my Opinion Stick. If you catch my drift.

The primary reason I made this is because Sora's name gets tossed around a lot, because a good number of people would like to see him in the game. Unfortunately, not many of said people can see how easily his moveset writes itself. He does a metric ton of awesome sh*t throughout both games, and yet all I ever see in other movesets are generic keyblade swipes and magic. I feel I have remedied the situation quite nicely.

Thank you very much for the review, good sir. 'Twas a pleasure. :bee:

And if you're still open for more I think it'd be swell to see you actually review Dracula. Sure, he can talk the talk, but can he walk the MasterWarlord walk?

...Did that make any sense?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
General Notes: You know my stance on extras by now, what with me thinking they enhance the WOW factor and all. They're not necessary for a great moveset, but they are if you want it to be the best of the best, which is what I strive for.

1: Yeah, I haven't played the games, but it became painfully obvious to me as I was reading the moveset. In a case or two it might be good to better describe the attack for people who aren't players of Kingdom Hearts like myself.

2: Are you merging the notes into the rest of your attack description? Most of your actual information is contained in those. . .Didn't see that about the colors. That's what I get for reviewing a moveset for a character I know nothing about, aye?

3: I know, I know. When you were but a young child, a roaming gang of down-on-their-luck 3s killed your mother and father in cold blood. And yes, I'm happy now.

4: Most people I hear of who don't want Sora in brawl hate him passionately. How can you not hate the plot of Kingdom Hearts? If you play that game, you play it strictly for gameplay. Doesn't mean you couldn't make the extras reflect gameplay mechanics from the universe rather then characters/locations, though. But I still realize you ain't addin no extras.

You're quite welcome for the review, it was a pleasure on my part as well, as far as reviewing goes, that was quite a nice one to do.

Dracula: I was suppossed to make Bard my last review (The review I did today), but then K.Rool requested Pidgeot. . .So then I officially announced Pidgeot would be my last review, it being up the day before the deadline. But seeing you asked me to review Dracula and the fact with my schedule it's go up on haloween, that'd be an epic way to end my reviews, so I'll do it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
General Notes: You know my stance on extras by now, what with me thinking they enhance the WOW factor and all. They're not necessary for a great moveset, but they are if you want it to be the best of the best, which is what I strive for.
Alright then: personal preference.

I'm really just here for the fun of it. It's just a coincidence that according to a lot of people my stuff's really good.

2: Are you merging the notes into the rest of your attack description? Most of your actual information is contained in those. . .
Yeah basically. A single paragraph is much easier for me to write and for a reader to read, and with good writing, I can fit in all the pertinent mechanical stuff (lag, knockback, %, etc.) in said paragraph where necessary.

4: Most people I hear of who don't want Sora in brawl hate him passionately. How can you not hate the plot of Kingdom Hearts? If you play that game, you play it strictly for gameplay. Doesn't mean you couldn't make the extras reflect gameplay mechanics from the universe rather then characters/locations, though. But I still realize you ain't addin no extras.
Eh...maybe you need to pick up Kingdom Hearts to understand. I do play the games soley for the gameplay, which is amazingly amazingly amazingly good. Best Action RPG ever = Kingdom Hearts II on Proud Mode.

If I were to make taunts based on the gameplay, they'd be obscure things that wouldn't make sense unless you were a diehard KH fan.

Like...he'd spam Reflect about fifty times, then get KO'd (as a victory animation). :bee:

Does that sound sensical to thee?

Dracula: I was suppossed to make Bard my last review (The review I did today), but then K.Rool requested Pidgeot. . .So then I officially announced Pidgeot would be my last review, it being up the day before the deadline. But seeing you asked me to review Dracula and the fact with my schedule it's go up on haloween, that'd be an epic way to end my reviews, so I'll do it.
Well I won't force you to, so just so long as it's not a bother: that's awesome.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oooh, big review...

1) The Final Smash is somewhat weak by my standards today, I'll admit. However, I love the concept of it too much to let it go. Making it more interactive, on the other hand, could probably be pulled off somehow. I'll have to think on how.

2) Ah, right. Joint of both wings = "elbows" of both wings, or where they can bend. See, those are those little bits here and there that remain unchanged from the original, very rough, moveset.

3) Ah, the playstyle section. I realized a while after I updated that I'd missed that, but was too lazy to and decided to hope nobody would notice. Guess that blew up on me? Well, I have a whole week coming up to add that in, yes?

4) I DID use Aeroblast, but believe me, it was only because I'd run out of wind-based attacks entirely - I'd even used Ominous Wind! - and I figured it would be better to name it just about anything that to just leave it generic.

5) I originally had Mirror Move as a split-second counter in Down B instead of Roost. I really did want to leave it there, but I figured Roost was way more interesting. As for the Final Smash... hmm, that one there sound kind of dull to me. I mean, nobody would attack you for its whole duration, they'd just flee the whole time. I really couldn't see where else to stick it in.

6) Personally, I agree that Squeak Squad is my best (although I like how Kirby, and Pidgeot turned out, and like everything about Grim Reaper except for its wonky Reapling mechanic). I just prefer how I'm organizing my sets now; maybe if I have the time, I'll go and add it to that one as well. It definitely needs it, too; its length makes it so disorganized.

Oh, but my absolute favourite of all the sets I've made is The Horseman. [spooky]It's coooomiiiiing tooomoooorroooow afternoooooooon...[/spooky]

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Big Review: They're pretty much all that length now. I like to do the best quality reviews I can so it's actually worth your time to bloody read em.

1: Good to hear. I don't really have any ideas, TBH.

2: I see. Almost easier to start from scratch sometimes, it seems.

3: You can edit your movesets after the dead line? Interestin'. If that's the case, I'd highly recommend it, this moveset could really benefit from it to go to even greater heights.

4: Don't think you used silver wind in there, even if that is technically a bug move, it'd make more sense then Lugia's attack.

5: Defenitely stick with roost. As for my example, it was just that, an example, made in 30 seconds. I'm sure you could come up with something better for mirror move if you wanted to.

6: Squeak Squad needs it the most out of all your movesets, considering how insanely long it is. That said, it's organization is already pretty good as is, just not as good as Pidgeot/Dracula.

Looking forward to the Horseman. I ain't gonna do a full blown review for him, but I'll be sure to fully read through it and give you detailed feedback, seeing as Dracula's review will be easy, seeing I've already read most of it.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
3. Unless I'm very wrong, we have a week from the end of the submission period to the start of the voting period in which to advertise and fix up what we have. So I'm going to be making the most of that.

4. RIGHT. I completely forgot Silver Wind. I'm sure I can add some sort of "silvery" effect to the wind. Thanks for that.

5. I suppose I could. Maybe.

6. If I have the time, improving its organization is definitely on my list.

Horseman is up! I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it, although I'm not expecting a full review.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yes, I really do not like "SSE Roles". They're, more than anything else, a nigh-total impossibility. SSB4 isn't going to tell the same story, so...why? To add to that, the plot of the actual SSE isn't even that good. It's one of the most maligned features of Brawl, so why all the auspicious love for the thing here?

Honestly I only shoehorned it in there because everyone liked it so much, and (if I remember) someone asked me to. Ditto for the stickers (there are A LOT of stickers in the game, man). And keep in mind that that list is the same one for Simon, the assumption being that both characters are in the game--hence they have the same music, stickers, and trophies.

Concerning his moves: Hellfire is Dracula's signature attack. Sure, I could've used something different, but then he wouldn't be Dracula. Literally EVERY time you ever fight the guy, he starts off the match by teleporting around the room and using Hellfire/Hell Meteor. Maybe not super-original, but fully true-to-character.

Same for True Dracula, actually. I can think of only one time where Dracula doesn't transform at the end of a battle (and that's in OoE, which came out a month after I made this moveset), so without that, he wouldn't be Dracula. Again, I looked to the games for inspiration.

Hell Pyre is almost exactly the same as it's in-game usage, and Death Claw is only slightly altered. Shadow Dance is almost entirely made-up by me though, as it A) basically gives the guy 4 attack moves rather than 2 (if you count the much different midair uses of Death Claw/Hell Pyre) and B) actually makes him deadly. The transformation only lasts for 10 seconds, which is about half as long as Brawl's transforming characters last, so I had to make it deadly. If a foe is off-stage even a little, tap L then A and you've got yourself a KO.

I think that's it though! Awesome. I was expecting to have to defend the guy from ten different places at once, but I'm extremely pleased to see him have done so well. :chuckle:

Mmm...now that I've fought him in OoE though, I feel like I should add in his awesome quotes from that battle. Or maybe I'll just make my final entry for MYM4 "Walking Dracula". :laugh:

ANYHOO

Thanks much, again.

...Oh?

I believe Dracula himself has something he'd like to say to you!

"You danced well, but weaklings should stay away from here!"

Top Bottom