• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most satisfying move

D

Deleted member

There are a lot of satisfying moves in Smash, such as Luigi's Super Jump Punch, the Warlock Punch, the Knee of Justice, and so on.

If I had to choose one, it would easily be the Falcon Punch.
This move is hard to land and one wouldn't use it regularly. However, whenever you do land it, hype is instantly created! It's so satisfying when you get the correct read and use it!
SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
:4robinm::4robinf:Off stage Thorn kills.
:4gaw:Judge 9 and Bucket
:4fox:Up air (as it's harder to KO people with it in this game)
:joyful:Canceling an opponents strong attack with a much weaker one.
:4ganondorf:Down air and Reverse/Warlock Punch
:4littlemac:K.O. air
:4falcon:Reverse/Falcon Punch and side air.

:4myfriends::4shulk::4lucina::4marth: Countering a smash attack.
:4falco: Killing with that last blaster shot after back throwing an opponent off stage

That's all I can think of for right now

Last edited:

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
I love landing Mario's forward air! Just to see him put all he's got into a super strong downward punch that sends the opponent flying downwards is amazing. Plus the sound when it connects makes it even better

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4ness:: Rising Dair spike, fully charged PK Flash and Smashes.
:4falcon:: Do I even need to explain?
:4ganondorf:: Falcon Stab, Up Tilt, and Dark Fists.
:4jigglypuff:: Rest.
:4lucina:: Anything that manages to kill.
:4marth:: Shield Breaker and Foward Smash.
:4littlemac:: Any Smash that manages to kill.

Lugihui

Smash Cadet
Got to be when you are Zero Suit Samus and your opponent up in the air and you use her recovery on your opponent. Wehn I do it I just feel like im Patrick Star.

Gerbs

Smash Rookie
Palutena's A-Forward in the air. Same graphic as the Lightning Kick, or one of Ness's air attacks but it is just this pitiful nudge, not that it is useless, I just expect more from it every time I use the attack.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Scoring a KO with :4charizard:'s Flare Blitz. That explosion. It's like you've drawn a pistol, run up to the opponent, and then shot them in the face.

It feels much better if you don't spam it throughout the match, instead using it as a finisher.

Nyain

Smash Rookie
Reverse offstage Falcon Punch is a big 10 on the joy buzzer.
Falcon Knee of Justice.

And the Coupe D'etat, Mario's Cape of Denial.

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
Easily getting a 9 Judgement Hammer hit.
And hitting somebody with the oil panic full bucket.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
:4ludwig:'s Side B --> Jump Cancel --> any aerial. Particularly Side B --> JC --> Up B --> A (Hammer) at 90-100%

This juggle REALLY makes me feel like I'm playing more traditionally-accepted-as-legit 2D fighting games like Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Melty Blood: Actress Again: Current Code, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Ougon Musou Kyoku, Big Bang Beat Revolve, etc.
Quite frankly, THIS is what got me back into the Smash series. Combos like this were what I was craving from the Smash series, ever since 2003-2004, when I started actually getting good at 2D fighters like Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear, KOF '98, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, etc.
Especially when I found out how to do "actual combos" like Jumping HK --> Close Standing MK --> Boxer-styled Dash Punch (Hold back for 1-2 seconds, then forward and then LP or MP) --> SA1 with Q in 3rd Strike and Jumping HK --> Close Standing HP --> HP Rekka Ken x3 with Fei Long in Super Turbo.
I still remember looking up a Garou: MOTW!Gato FAQ at GameFAQs that mentioned a few combos he can do, and trying out said combos... everything started clicking at that moment, and then when I went back to numerous other fighters to try out said combo types.... Good times.

Outside of Jr, I LOVE landing :4duckhunt:'s Can off-stage, as well as his DAir spike, especially after the opponent dodges the Can. If I'm lucky enough to be given a walled Omega stage in FG FFA or especially FG Teams, I will go incredibly deep for the DAir spike, because the dog can wall-jump for... some reason. :confused: He honestly looks really cool doing it, though, and it even saved me from getting Hydrant'd by a :4pacman: & DAir'd by a :4greninja: (who then fell all the way down into the abyss :rotfl:).

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Actually the most satisfying move for me to not only connect with but spam in general is ganondorfs ftilt, that kick is just hilarious to see. Being able to connect with ganondorfs down+b in the air, particularly the spike part of it, is probably the most satisfying air move.

FEMARTH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vintage
From the Perspective of a Solid :4marth:Main

Tipping a forward Smash and sending the opponent to there 70% death

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Ganondorf is the king of satisfying moves. Warlock Punch, Volcano Kick, Reverse Warlock Punch, Thunder Stomp, Aerial Warlock Punch, Sparta Kick, Aerial Reverse Warlock Punch, Dark Fists, Up Smash, Ganoncide.... and the Warlock Punch.

Bhero

Smash Rookie
I have to say a fully charged PK flash to the face(way too sweet),a baited PKT2, and Falco's sweet spotted dunk, especially on linear horizontal recoveries like Ike or Falcon's side B. Nothing better.

_Vicious_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vicious09
i just love bowsers :4bowser: side b :GCL:+:GCB: when your opponent has 1 stock and you have 2 ... grab back flip then straight off the stage ... GAME!

againiam

Smash Rookie
A vision counter against one of those aforementioned satisfying kill moves, especially the KO punch. It's like the moment the counter connects with Little Mac he instantly pops, flying off at the speed of light. Bonus points for it being a 4 player smash and it knocking out everyone else too.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Meta Knight Dimensional cape and Fox's Wolf flash.
"Mmm... Feels good." -Sakurai

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
My satisfaction in landing :4ganondorf:'s dair cannot be equaled.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, let's see:
:rosalina:: a fully charged Luma Shot. "Mmm-Hmm"
:4megaman:: Hard Knuckle spike and Slash Claw.
:4myfriends:: a fully charged f-smash against a character attempting Counter.
:4ganondorf:: Warlock Punch and...Ganoncide. :colorful:
:4littlemac:: K.O. Uppercut.
:4zelda:: a fully charged Phantom Slash breaking shields and going for the kill. :laugh:

Last edited:

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
:4villager::Growing Tree and Falling Tree
:4jigglypuff:: Aerial Rest

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Villager's tree. Making it pop up at the most opportune time is so satisfying! I also love pulling out the elusive Bob-omb when playing as Peach.
Oooh! Jigglypuff's rest is also fantastic to use! And while it's not so much my move, but the moment when I'm against a Jigglypuff player, and they whiff on their rest, that second of total dominance over them feels totally empowering

Last edited:
Top Bottom