• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most satisfying move

Blazeaceofaces

Smash Rookie
NNID
CptFireWtr
Its a simple question. Everyone has their particular favorites falcon's knee comes to mind. Landing bowser's down b also is one, the full ground version. Ike's side smash is my favorite. What move feels the best to pull off for you personally? Its something I'm personally interested to hear from all of you

Edit: I'll clarify on my own a bit. Ike's side smash feels heavy, and it is. Its one of the slower moves in the game and incredibly hard to hit with since its super situational. The best moment and usually the only time you can realisticlly pull it off is for edge guarding. A bad recovery and someone is dead it just feels so good to pull off.

Last edited:

ItsBearTime

Smash Rookie
:4ness:'s U-Air. You wouldn't expect it to kill, seeing as it's just a regular little headbutt, but it kills at such low percentages, and it feels so satisfying to land.

Bonus points if it kills a grounded opponent, and/or kills in opponent while they're in the middle of an attack.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
When someone's at the top of the screen and I'm able to KO them with Peach's Up B, especially if it makes that red lightning

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
R.O.B.'s up air always feels great, for some reason.

Also, catching somebody with the top of Palutena's up smash is also a great feeling too. That range, man.

koen_happy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-8990-5213
for me, it's hitting someone with Ness' PK thunder in mid air

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Hitting that PKT2 is soooo good. It kills so early if you get them up close and it just feels perfect every time.
Falcon's DAir spike, another one that has gotten harder to hit over time but is incredible when it happens.

term: PKT2 is the term for when Ness hits himself with PK Thunder in order to do massive damage or recover.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Successful off stage egg lay. Hard to actually do, but soooo satisfying.

Yoshi's meteor Smash is another that comes to mind. Hell; any meteor smash being pulled off successfully.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Feels so gooooood

ESoTeRlC

Smash Rookie
NNID
FullofHell
3DS FC
4828-4417-3634
Taking that last stock with robins bair and winning the match.

Something about that levin sword feels so powerful.

Raijinken

Smash Master
PK Flash, Thoron, Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch, Hard Knuckle, and Vision are probably my favorites right now.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Shulk's fast counter is pretty awesome, it just feels so much better than the normal one and having some people freak out about how they didn't even know that was a thing is cool too.

Ness' PK Flash is incredibly satisfying. That looming green blast of death that slowly heads towards the enemy and then bam! The enemy blasts off to the edge of the screen faster than you can say "okey."

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena's Counter against Falcon Punch (my favorite one to Counter), Bowser Bomb, Luigi Up-B sweetspot, or any other very powerful attack to KO.

Honorable mention to KOing at low percents with Celestial Fireworks or spiking someone slightly with an unusual move due to weird hitboxes in a way, such as Fastfall Palutena N-air, and successfully KOing em with it.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
There's nothing like using Forwarded Vision to kill, especially with Monado Buster (1 counter = % goes way up) and Monado Smash (Such a twinkle in the sky).

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Falcon's moveset overall is my favorite, but the single most satisfying move still is definitely Rest for me.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Trick Shot: The feeling of chaining together 4 midair cansplosions and completely denying your opponent access to the stage... bonus points if you taunt while you're shooting the can.
R.O.B.'s U-Air: Infinite juggle potential and punishing airdodge spam with it is to satisfying. Landing the D-throw -> U-air combo is always impressive as well.
Thoron: Hitting with this giant persistent laser of death at high % is awe-invoking, especially if the dark red lightning bolts show up to let the opponent know beforehand that they're dead 6 times over.
R.O.B.'s Dair Spike: The greatest thing since Wombo Combo.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
PKT2 (the more convoluted the setup the better), the Knee, Doc's f-air, pretty much any of Ganon's aerials when offstage.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
Mario's f-air spike, villager's bowling ball, pocket villager projectile, and Jiggs' rest :)

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
Jiggly's Rest move

Luigi's down taunt is the greatest of all feelings

And ROB's down grab to up air is great too.

_gold_

Smash Master
Hands down, meteor moves. Yoshi's is quite pleasant, when landed. Honorable mention, Capt. Falcon's knee jab.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I take back my previous post; this is the single most satisfying move:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
As much as I love Ness, my absolute favorite thing to do is forward vision his PKT2 or PK flash with Shulk.

Oh my GOD the power. It's just that those moves are so drawn out take so long, so when it finally lands it's like "YEAH THAT'S RIGHT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA GET ME, THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA OUTSMART ME AND OUTPLAY ME LIKE I WAS GONNA MESS UP AND GET WRECKED BY AN OBVIOUS MOVE BUT I DIDN'T, DID I, SCRUB??"

Honorable mentions:

ROB's upsmash
Little Mac's KO Punch
Falco's bair
Bowser's bair

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I don't actually have any favorite moves that are satisfying by themselves, but...

Pick any move that's flashy or hard to land, that can be performed suddenly. (not suddenly as in "it's fast," but like, can be done without charging anything, and can be unexpected depending on context.)

Could be a Falcon Punch, a Rest, Shulk's Vision, nearly everything already mentioned in the thread. Bonus points if it's a signature move.

For me, these moves are not actually all that satisfying on their own. I mean, they look cool and all, but the real satisfaction comes from avoiding to do the move through the entire fight, and then just simply ending the whole thing by doing it just once.

Like, the first time you even attempt to do the move, is the one where the move ends the fight. You never missed with it. You never used it for anything less than finishing your opponent off on their last stock. You just do it once and it's over. It's perfect, elegant, flashy, and feels awesome as ****.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
I like mine with an anticipation factor and a lot of power. In no particular order:

:4gaw: Oil Panic
:4gaw: 9 Judge
:4ganondorf: U-tilt
:4ganondorf: Reverse Warlock Punch

Top Bottom