• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Powerful Shinobi Racine, WI 4/5/08

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Welp, been decided.

Devy and Fade say they want to go to Racine on saturday instead of the fondy tournament.

Maybe I can drag Tar down for the ride so we can suck together in smash ball teams :D

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
This is probably the absolute worst time, u could be joking...LOL!!!

This tournament is going to be so ****ing awesome!!! I can't wait, two days away.

HHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Quaz

Smash Master
Yes Crashman, Dota is soo much cooler than brawl, play that instead

in reality, no one better than me at brawl has any business coming to this! it wil lbe a waste of your time I swear! it'll be a scrub tourney that gets boring really fast and you wouldnt even make much if you win! theres no way!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Toecutter: LMAO, u are super late in chiming in on that issue. We been came to the conclusion that we'd run 2v2 NO SMASH BALL first and if we have time for 2v2 w/Smash Ball we'd do that after the singles and doubles.

Crashman: Dude most def come to this tournament, support your state by all means. And besides, it'd be awesome to meet u. And what is dota?

Quaz: That is probably the lamest post I have ever seen anyone post EVER. April Fools day has past, but I seriously hope u are joking. Everyone is welcomed to come and participate and have fun with us. And for u to call us all scrubs (by calling it a "Scrub Tournament") is rediculous. You honestly aren't THAT MUCH better than me. And to be even more honest, I thought what u posted was just plain rude. Please don't be like that. I have always been on your side and been nice to u...real talk! And for u to dis what I have worked so hard to provide for our community...is just a slap in the face.

U are NOT going to win this tournament...easily! That I can guarantee!!!

So just come and do the best job at playing your best...that's all I have to say to u man.

Shiek: Uhmm...well I'll be there at 10:00am/10:30am-ish for set ups. I'd like to have the layout and systems going at round 11:00am. So to answer your question, if u don't mind being there with your Wii and copy of Brawl ready by 11:00am...that's be most appreciated.

SUPER IMPORTANT

We need people to bring the following:

- Wiis (With Copies of Brawl and cords needed), if u bring your Wii to be used in the tournament u don't have to pay the $2 Venue Fee.
- T.Vs, if u bring a T.V that is used in a tournament...we will love u forever...LOL!
- Chairs, just to make sure we have enough
- Friends, u could NEVER have too many to participate in all the fun
- Digital Camera/Camcorder, to capture the awesomeness of WI's 1st Brawl tournament

Okay I laid out what is needed, we are less than two days now. There are a lot of people coming to this...most who don't post on here. So it's going to be an awesome tournament...

and like I said

GET HYPE!!!

alcheato

Smash Ace
I may stop by for this. Any other Illinois Smashers headed that way or do I have to own Wisconsin by myself? :)

Just kidding, Tapion. We must play again soon.

Edit: Nofair and Pictochat banned as counterpicks? If Bridge of Eldin is allowed with DeDeDe and his dthrow gayness, I don't see why a stage like Pictochat (which has a set track) or a stage like Norfair (which really doesn't do anything to impair gameplay) are banned. But I guess stages are still debatable and it is your tourney, after all.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
... Lmao. Oh, you guys.

Quaz, although you were joking, those were the words of Tapion, weren't they? ;P

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Ouaz it's all good. We already talked on the phone and I'm sure what u gave me was a sincere apology.

alcheato: Yes the stages are set in stone for this tournament. So bring your "A" game and you'll be fine!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
... Lmao. Oh, you guys.

Quaz, although you were joking, those were the words of Tapion, weren't they? ;P
I would never say anything as disrespectful as that, especially about one of my good friend's tournaments. I guess you don't know me well enough ;)

And yes, quaz, that was entirely uncalled for. I don't know what you were trying to do or say, but you explicitely say "I'm serious!" in your post. Makes it a little hard to believe that you were actually joking.

Try and keep it calmer and cooler, huh?

The stages also need to be redefined still. Norfair is a semi decent counter pick, and the bridge of eldin should DEFINITELY be banned!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Yes Crashman, Dota is soo much cooler than brawl, play that instead

in reality, no one better than me at brawl has any business coming to this! it wil lbe a waste of your time I swear! it'll be a scrub tourney that gets boring really fast and you wouldnt even make much if you win! theres no way!
Quaz: That is probably the lamest post I have ever seen anyone post EVER. April Fools day has past, but I seriously hope u are joking. Everyone is welcomed to come and participate and have fun with us. And for u to call us all scrubs (by calling it a "Scrub Tournament") is rediculous. You honestly aren't THAT MUCH better than me. And to be even more honest, I thought what u posted was just plain rude. Please don't be like that. I have always been on your side and been nice to u...real talk! And for u to dis what I have worked so hard to provide for our community...is just a slap in the face.

U are NOT going to win this tournament...easily! That I can guarantee!!!

So just come and do the best job at playing your best...that's all I have to say to u man.
Norfair banned? count me out.
Nofair and Pictochat banned as counterpicks? If Bridge of Eldin is allowed with DeDeDe and his dthrow gayness, I don't see why a stage like Pictochat (which has a set track) or a stage like Norfair (which really doesn't do anything to impair gameplay) are banned. But I guess stages are still debatable and it is your tourney, after all.
Ouaz it's all good. We already talked on the phone and I'm sure what u gave me was a sincere apology.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
^^ why is it that only a few people consider the internet to be just another form of communication instead of a place to be a complete ***...

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
Is their anyway to raise the price of this to 10$for teams(5$ for each eprson) and 5$ for singles 5+5+2=12$ total. Because for some people that are about 3/4hours away even if we won first say if their was 15 teams x 6$ for each team =only 90$ wich split up only 3rd place would get 9$ each =/ and second would get 18$ each etc. same for singles. It wouldnt even be worth going if we took 2nd or third to even pay for gas maby even 1st.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Is their anyway to raise the price of this to 10$for teams(5$ for each eprson) and 5$ for singles 5+5+2=12$ total. Because for some people that are about 3/4hours away even if we won first say if their was 15 teams x 6$ for each team =only 90$ wich split up only 3rd place would get 9$ each =/ and second would get 18$ each etc. same for singles. It wouldnt even be worth going if we took 2nd or third to even pay for gas maby even 1st.
GG.

<3 Toecutter <3

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
It's True.

<3 Toecutter <3

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
U guys the stages are staying as is. I really have been struggling with what stages to use or not since I began constructing this tournament and I'm NOT going to change what I have.

If it was truly up to me, I would just use Neutral stages for the entire tournament. But that would piss a lot of people off.

So I tried to accommodate to the majority of everyone I talked to about stages on/off-line.

So please just deal with it. I would, if I were coming to u guy's tournament.

About teams...uhmm...the price is affordable as it is. I really don't want to scare my local community away from participating. But if u guys decide to come (I'm addressing the guys from Steven's Point) and still want to up the price for teams, I have no problem with asking all the participants to vote on the entrance fee cost for teams.

I think that is super fair.

Again, I hope to see all of u come to this event!

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
well whatever it's gonna be I hope you have a list of it there, I"m not memorizing the list last minute lol

I pray 1) we don't get lost and 2) black meza's got a good toon link, 'cause it looks like I'll have to team with him. (devy fade black meza though you said you're paying me to take you there, I'll repay you half the gas used later when I get money...)

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
I would never say anything as disrespectful as that, especially about one of my good friend's tournaments. I guess you don't know me well enough ;)

And yes, quaz, that was entirely uncalled for. I don't know what you were trying to do or say, but you explicitely say "I'm serious!" in your post. Makes it a little hard to believe that you were actually joking.

Try and keep it calmer and cooler, huh?

The stages also need to be redefined still. Norfair is a semi decent counter pick, and the bridge of eldin should DEFINITELY be banned!
Oh, yes, of course. My apologies. ;x I do not know you very well.

Quaz

Smash Master
SHouts

Tapion - Nice snake stuff now I know how he plays! fun fun fun
Louie (think thats how you spell it) - **** it next time you're mine lmao that was such a close set... if only it were best 2/3 after all ahaha
Quaz - Popeye the Sailor Lucas
Paul - close stuff. thanks for letting us run the tourney! Im gonna start visiting your Arcade more often
Meza - who would have predicted someone like me to play jigglypuff, anyways?
Faye - Good stuff taking out Webster, and you had a close set with Paul too, girl gamers are the best!
Faye's boyfriend - rediculous match with my lucas against your falco. Our Falco/Jiggs match would have been close too if you didn't SD.. it happens
Webster - I'll be sure to counterpick pokemon stadium if I ever play you in some tourney that didnt ban it!
Andrew - You're getting there! find a way to set up an online connection!
Frank: wow I almost lost that 2nd match from your pikachu that downsmash is sick

everyone else: gg lucas will live longer than you all

Tapion013

Smash Lord
I showed up late and didnt play at all, but I enjoyed watching everyones matches.
I was wonderin why you were just kinda chillin there. Cool to see you at least come anyway though, even though I don't think we said a word to each other.

Shouts:

Webster: All you can eat chinese buffet for the win! I ****in love that place. Good luck running your future tournaments.

Quaz: You played really well! Congratulations on Second and a half place, and great lucas. Remember those tricks I taught ya ;)

Andrew: Same to you. Your wolf has some pretty good potential if you play like you did back at Mike's place. Still think you shoulda gone marth in the tourney :p Good job though and glad to see you competing still.

Lethal Beauty: I've never seen someone so surprised to the response of "I'm Tapion" before. "Are you serious?... you're serious?.... are you serious???? Noo..you're serious??? so you're serious??" I tried hard not to laugh. Good toon link, and way to represent the female community. Only 4-5 competitive ones I can think of off the top of my head. Stop rollin so much!

Ryzen: For someone who claims to have never had melee, you did some pretty good ****! I never actually played you one on one to see how you used them situationally, but from what I saw you were pretty creative and agressive. Very intense first match against Quaz, and good job in general. Hope to see you on the future smash scene.

Louie: hahahaha, what can I say man, you did great! You may have seen me before at an MLG, but for the first time I've ever seen you, you were a great surprise. Very solid understanding of metaknights game, and just went nuts with it. Took you a while to realize to not attack my shield, but you still did a great job. Congrats on second place!

Chase: LOL, I CAN STAY ON THE LEDGE AND ANNOY THE **** OUTTA YOU! Very obnoxious, and very annoying toon link. Pick normal stages for counter picks and you'll do much better. What were you thinking with jungle japes!?!?!?! We'll have to play some online sometime, although I don't really have many suggestions for your toon link except what are you gonna do against someone who just sits and waits you out? Keep on improving!

Mike D: Didn't get to see or talk to ya much, but glad to see ya at the tournament sportin the marth. I'll talk to Luke about headin out to Mad-town for your birthday the 26th.

The rest of you, I'm pretty sure you won't read this since you don't have smashboards accounts, but I gotta admit I had fun. And if I forgot anyone I didn't mean to :p

Also, anyone who was discouraged by me coming, don't worry, I won't be able to make it to the next couple monthlies ;) Hope to see the competition rise.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, it wasn't like, fangasming 'Are you serious?' It was more like, 'I thought Tapion wasn't coming, so this is just some random guy claiming to be him. I'm gonna call him out.' Guess I was wrong. XD Not to mention, I didn't expect 'Tapion' to be so good looking. Thanks for all the tips. ;) I will try to break my awful habits.

Great tournament, Webster. It was a lot of fun. I kinda failsauced a lot, unfortunately, but I learned a lot, too. :D See you all again soon, I hope! We should exchange friend codes.

Top Bottom