• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Montreal Bi-weeklies thread!!! Jeudi le 18 août and it's free!! feat. m2k !!!

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Wednesday I'll reach after I go somewhere to buy a hard drive... In desperate need of one lol.

And yeah, the matches on Saturday were really fun. I'm starting to love Melee way more now.

Not like I didn't...

cemo

white walker
i say we mutiny against pikalex and his thread title

also nephiros drew that banner you should probably credit him for it instead of joel

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Anyone going today?

I'm pretty sure Ortiz + Waka is going =D. Just wanna make sure and that my man Joel is going too.

I'll get there around... 5:30-6 cause I gotta go to Berri first to buy a bus ticket.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT

I've been told that there is going to be some changes to how Foonzo works. Right now, there's only 1 TV there. Hopefully you can ask them to bring out the other TVs just for today, but someone should talk to them to see what's going on.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT

I've been told that there is going to be some changes to how Foonzo works. Right now, there's only 1 TV there. Hopefully you can ask them to bring out the other TVs just for today, but someone should talk to them to see what's going on.
Yeah I saw only one TV yesterday I was like the **** lol.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
uh ohes.. what's with the tv removal business?

I'd like to come tonight but I'm what Samuel L. Jackson would refer to as a 'broke mothafukka'.

Can someone fill us in on the situation? I have a bad feeling about this..

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Alright, I went there, here's the deal:

They only have 1 TV remaining, all the others have been given away, and the last one will be similarly disposed of soon. They are going to install old arcade cabinets and retro pinball machines in their place. We are also not allowed to plug in any consoles into the televisions in the lounge area (the ones with the SNES/Sega Genesis/etc). So, effectively, Smash at Foonzo is (or will very soon be) dead.

When I went tonight, no one was there. I ran into chet and Steb who were stopping by for other games, and as I chilled in front with them I saw Mat (Gazon) go in and promptly head back home lol. Ergo, I would discourage anyone from going there tonight as you probably won't find much competition lol.

ortiz34

Smash Cadet
Me Wakka and DarkShadow were there from 5 to 6 with a wii without a wiimote :\ so we went to my home since nobody was there at something around 6.
So... we need to find somewhere else :\ anyone know somewhere? We might be able to do it at my place this wednesday, we have 2 set-ups and room to get 7-8 players in here :)
Sorry again for those who showed up later than us last wednesday :S

ThatsPM

Smash Rookie
That's really sad that your place won't be available anymore. I wanted to go over there at some point and play with some serious players for once. I'd offer my house but I live a bit far off, don't have such a great set-up and idk fi you guys would go to a stranger's house (lol)-I could however bring some of my stuff over to another place if that helps-.

But anyways, there doesn't seem to be that much info on when you guys meet on here, do you guys get in contact with each other in other ways as well?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
That's really sad that your place won't be available anymore. I wanted to go over there at some point and play with some serious players for once. I'd offer my house but I live a bit far off, don't have such a great set-up and idk fi you guys would go to a stranger's house (lol)-I could however bring some of my stuff over to another place if that helps-.

But anyways, there doesn't seem to be that much info on when you guys meet on here, do you guys get in contact with each other in other ways as well?
Hey guy,

Going to stranger's places is what this community was built upon, haha. We usually just post when we're going but there doesn't seem to be a central location at the moment now. We often communicate through MSN, AIM, or Facebook, and use Smashboards to get a general message out.

People live everywhere, so 'far off' for you might be 'damn close' for someone else.

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
Hello Montreal,
I'm a smasher from Vancouver and I go to university in Kingston. I'm decently good, just play with tect and mike quite a bit. I'm in montreal for the weekend and I was wondering if anyone would be down to play?

Top Bottom