• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Miis are actually really strong, though Screw Attack x2+Up-B is rather broken. Miis (Brawlers specifically) are practically the only characters my Mr. Game & Watch has problems with.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I've been using the blonde guest with cat ears.

Best guest mii right there.

Placed 3rd yesterday with 2222 loudout. Lost both in winners and losers to a skilled Diddy. We recorded alot, so i'll post vids once theyre available.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I've been using the blonde guest with cat ears.

Best guest mii right there.

Placed 3rd yesterday with 2222 loudout. Lost both in winners and losers to a skilled Diddy. We recorded alot, so i'll post vids once theyre available.
Diddy is OP

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Didn't you lose to one? So does that make you less than trash or what? Like what result are we looking at?
I was referring to :4miisword: not :4miibrawl:. I don't know why these two characters share the same social. I lost to :4miibrawl: in doubles, but have never played one in singles.

:018:

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Holy crap you're right, @ Seagull Joe Seagull Joe , the social thread in the other mii fighter boards are just links to this one o.O heh... I never knew we shared threads this way. Shouldn't it be split up?

Yeah, :4miisword: is really really bad. For a multitude of reasons, even. But we all thought you were talking about :4miibrawl: , which is undoubtedly a really good character.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Holy crap you're right, @ Seagull Joe Seagull Joe , the social thread in the other mii fighter boards are just links to this one o.O heh... I never knew we shared threads this way. Shouldn't it be split up?

Yeah, :4miisword: is really really bad. For a multitude of reasons, even. But we all thought you were talking about :4miibrawl: , which is undoubtedly a really good character.
Swordfighter needs to get buffed.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Yo this is my official "I use a trash character" post

and you better believe I love it

2222 Brawler is tootootootoogood.

one of us one of us

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Okay so I got 5th at a pretty big sized local yesterdayy. out of 36 not bad. I should of gotten top 3, but not gonna john about it now.

I wanna know if any other Brawlers are placing out there other than dapuffster - since he's the only one I really hear about. I should totally start posting up videos and such.

I hope EVO lets Miis in, I am 100% to go if they allow Miis.

EDIT:

We really need a MU thread, or start getting some real competitive Brawler talk going on so that more TOs start to take us serious and start allowing them at tournaments tbh.

Last edited:

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
D3 is really easy to combo with Brawler and dthrow to HK still combos at high %s due to d3s big size.

lolreconlol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
boatv2
3DS FC
1934-1192-2911
Hi fellow brawlers, back again. My biggest issue the past couple days has been with SD's, especially when trying to edge guard. I'm always surprised how fast the Brawler falls when you do a Dair..

So what's a good edge guarding technique? Or is it better to stay on the stage and Nair if they try and get up?

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Hi fellow brawlers, back again. My biggest issue the past couple days has been with SD's, especially when trying to edge guard. I'm always surprised how fast the Brawler falls when you do a Dair..

So what's a good edge guarding technique? Or is it better to stay on the stage and Nair if they try and get up?
I used to have the same problem, especially since HK doesn't have alot of vertical movement. As long as you don't fast fall and still have your jump, you should be able to come back from edgeguarding with bair and dair. Nair stays out too long to recover though, so don't throw that out unless you'll end up on stage or it's rising. I like to FF Fair the ledge when the opponent is coming in cause if it hits the first hit it autocancels and you can guarantee combo into HK, which could kill. Ive had this work on many different %s and it's led me to believe that fair's first hit has a knockback thats always the same, but if I'm wrong correct me.

Lately I've gotten badly a costumed to doing sideb instead of upb and miss opportunities to kill. I really need to work on that precision. Idk why I started doing thatt. It even leads me to SD sometimes. /:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hello, random people!

I just recently started picking Mii Brawler up. I'm glad to read I'm not the only one SDing time and time again with the little mofo :'D I THINK I'm getting better at simply not trying to go in for the edgeguard, but I'd like to know what methods of edgeguarding you guys have when using HK.

That first hit of fair to HK thing sounds interesting... the sad thing is that I don't really have anyone to play with in person, and since FG doesn't allow miis....

Anyways, just wanted to ask, what are the Brawler's bread and butter combos? I've tried a lot of stuff out of dthrow and fthrow but I can't get it right. I dunno if it's the timing or what :(

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Anyone else think that red mii brawler with the biker suit looks like Michael Jackson's outfit from beat it or thriller, or am I reaching?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Played mii Brawler for the first time in tournament yesterday. Won a 43 man bracket.
I'll post videos when they're up.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
And Gunner!

Attn mods- I hadn't realized that these three threads were all together so I'm sorry for the triple post!

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Well... it's been awhile since I've been here. Been doing well with swordfighter, played some friendlies at the last tournament and I won pretty much 70% of the time with him.

I still have hope.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
yo why dont we (brawler boards) have any sort of competitive discussion thread (or anything aside from like "which specials should i pick")

unrelated but I'm trying to get any size miis legalised at my tournies but my problems are 1. having obvious vested interest and 2. having a short mii brawler on 12+ setups, maybe an "import only" rule?

RushGambit

Smash Rookie
yo why dont we (brawler boards) have any sort of competitive discussion thread (or anything aside from like "which specials should i pick")

unrelated but I'm trying to get any size miis legalised at my tournies but my problems are 1. having obvious vested interest and 2. having a short mii brawler on 12+ setups, maybe an "import only" rule?
Shortest/Lightest Mii Brawler is incredibly quick and can get some amazing combos down. Other than the problem they have if they accidentally get their opponent to high percentage they are a very solid character. I can't speak for the other Mii Fighters but I think it balances the game compared to your Sheiks, Dittys, and RosaLumas out there. A character shouldn't be banned from play because of customization (Unless It's a default only tournament)

As for the "Import Only" rule it would depend on how big the tournament is. For Smaller tournaments I think it's a perfect fit. For bigger tournaments the organizer can set an early meet up time to allow importing while the tournament is in play or might want to find out how many Mii Fighter players are entering if it's a lot then maybe make some generic combinations such as Mii Brawler 1-1-2-2, 2-1-2-2, 1-1-3-2, and 2-1-3-2. It otherwise would be similar to filling out EVO customs but for what would be 3 more characters.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
In awe of the discussion about Mii sizes/weights, I've been using Default Sized/Weight Mii, and it's doing wonders for me as of now. Though I got bodied during my recent local tournament, I was able to get down a few friendlies and they were pretty good, despite only getting about a 40% win rate in those too (I need more practice). Do you think I should stick with Default? Or go straight for Small Size/Weight?

Also discussing about the import rule, my local tournament allows for imports because of the different sized Miis and we're pretty open about Mii character designs. Some of our players (myself included) like our own Miis than preloaded Miis as well. Bigger Tournaments as @ RushGambit RushGambit has said, would require the players to import early before the tournament starts however, and I agree that should be the case.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I've personally been using a Dunban dressed version of my Mii. My current Mii is tall and stocky, which I know seems like a poor set up, but it still works wonders for me with the high damage and heavier weight.

Kenturo

Smash Cadet
So I don't know if this had been found but all of the Miis have this thing where they slide if you hold a direction while landing on the ground. I though that sliding utilt looked really good but I don't play brawler and don't know which moves he can actually slide with.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Tomorrow I'm attending a local tournament (again) and I hope to break out my Mii Swordsfighter and Mega Man so I'm pretty excited. Only unfortunate thing is there's no customs so 1111 Mii Swordsfighter but I'll try my best. :^)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey Brawlers! Swordspider Tsundere here! I just found out that this is the thread for all Miis and not just Brawler so uh hi and stuff. What sort of Mii stuff are you up to?

Drippy

Smash Ace
Hey Brawlers! Swordspider Tsundere here! I just found out that this is the thread for all Miis and not just Brawler so uh hi and stuff. What sort of Mii stuff are you up to?
I actually just found taht out now too and I'm just watching Mii Swordsfighter vids

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Adjusting to default size gunner.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Top Bottom