• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metric System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Quarter pounder with cheese = A royal with cheese.
Am I a smart M***ther F***ker?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Metric system is the tool of the devil in an attempt to subvert children from Christ

Overload

Smash Lord
Quarter pounder with cheese = A royal with cheese.
Am I a smart M***ther F***ker?
Isn't it Royale?

I don't really care if we use the metric system or not, though it would probably make things easier.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I fear change.

And also, the metric system is for quitters. I'm an American. I do things the hard way just for the **** of it.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
From the US CIA World Fact Book as of 2006:

The countries in green are the ones that use the metric system. Get on board US, Liberia and Myanmar!

That should help clear things up I hope.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Our ancestors didn't move to America and beat the **** out of Native Americans for nothing. We don't play by anyone's rules. We're rebels.

Freedom of speech! Freedom of religion! Freedom of system of measurement!

GAT-TI-CA! GAT-TI-CA!

slave1

Smash Lord
Metric system is the tool of the devil in an attempt to subvert children from Christ
true dat

the american way is the sexiest way. and we do it because we are different. if we didn't we would just be like every one else... boring

what next, you want us to drive on the left side of the road

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've been mainly indoctrinated with the metric system thanks to the other Europeans. Of course, since they aren't English, they are inferior, and thus I'd prefer to keep tradition with the old English ways.
But really, neither really makes a difference, I can manage both, and it entirely depends on which one you're used too.
Miles > Kilometres
Metres > Feet (except in measuring height ft > m)
...God save the Queen!

Frown

poekmon
Q: How many millimeters in a centimeter?

A: 10

Q: How many centimeters in a decimeter?

Q: How many decimeters in a meter?

Q: How many liters in a cubic meter?

A: 1000

Microgram = 0.000,001 grams
Milligram = 0.001 grams
Gram = 1 gram
Kilogram = 1000 grams

Yes please.

lol im european lolololololol

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It is difficult, since all of our blueprints and housing plans and everything about how the buildings in this country are built is based on the Imperial system, changing to metric means we'd have to convert literally all of that, when it's much easier to just learn both. Like smart people. Psh, stupid Australians only learn one way to measure.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Well, I use both the metric system and the imperial system in everyday life. They both have their uses. True, most Americans learn the imperial system better by the virtue that it's what is mostly used in this country, but I'm real familiar with the metric system after years of science classes where they literally forced it upon us.

The end result? I think in liters and gallons, feet and meters, Fahrenheit and Celsius all at the same time. Water freezes at 0º and boils at 100º, but it'll start snowing at 32º and my body temperature is 98.6º.....weird, huh?

It also doesn't helped that I lived in South America for awhile, and live near Canada, so I see both km and miles on road signs.

It's kinda like being bilingual.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Canadians use a system thats both imperialist and metric. "Take a left turn over there and drive for 3 miles. Then when you reach the near by gas station turn right and drive for 1 kilometer" We mix them up all the time :p

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
We really need to start using metrics more. Seriously.

Of course, the problem would be converting to it, but oh well. We still need to use it.
I think stubbornness from Americans unwilling to make the change would be the biggest problem.

cryptic metaphor

Smash Rookie
The metric system would help america too much. They are just stubborn and eat their pizza with pepperoni.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Seriously?
Knock it off.

Either contribute to the topic or shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom