• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Moonwalk

Scythe

Smash Master
can't imagine that being that helpful or consistent lol

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Oh cool, i've actually been telling daze about this for awhile. It's pretty easy to replicate on Yoshi's Story, all you do is a mid-cancel Flash and hold down. I'm pretty sure some of Wolf's brawl properties carry over, where he gains momentum from his mid-cancel Flash, combined with Scarring to create the weird moonwalk.

Like Scythe mentioned I dunno how useful it really is lol, been trying to think of creative ways to incorporate it. Might be cool for mindgames since you can slide back off the edge. iunno

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Roooster pulled it off in a real match against Rude earlier today on Yoshi's. It was pretty dope.

Again, I'm no Wolf player, so I can't be of much help on when to use it. I can only to tell you that as a non-Wolf player, I get a boner every time somebody does.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
It's definitely pretty slick.

..I may just have to make a video set to Billie Jean.

Scythe

Smash Master
I don't have a working Wii so I can't test it but can you act during the slide or must you complete the whole slide before you can attack or something?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
It works on virtually any slant, i talk about it a lil bit here http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_/b/427526751 starting at 38:40 for anyone that's interested

still have to make a video explaining it and a flashwalk comp set to billie jean

maybe one day i'll get around to it lols

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
It works on virtually any slant, i talk about it a lil bit here http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_/b/427526751 starting at 38:40 for anyone that's interested

still have to make a video explaining it and a flashwalk comp set to billie jean

maybe one day i'll get around to it lols

I literally just checked this thread today (Relatively new to Wolf and P:M) and I mastered the flash lengths just by trying this. It's so fun and I can do it on command now that I've started incorporating it into my play. Guess where I will intentionally counterpick? :p

Scythe

Smash Master
problem with yoshi's island brawl with wolf is that sometimes while recovering his flash just misses the ledge and he falls through the stage and dies lol

Scythe

Smash Master
well damn, i'll have to consider that stage again for counterpicks.

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go84eekcVOM
I made this video to showcase different applications and locations of stages that wolf players can use this on. It's very gimmicky but really not hard to do
consistently once you get it. There are two different results you can get depending on if you do the short or mid cancels. While relatively useless, this could possibly have some say on what stages you counterpick with Wolf. I accidentally discovered a WTFglitch on Skyloft while recording this that you will notice. After messing with this tech, I've found different applications of this to be.
  • A "flash"y (I'm sorry) way of edgehogging someone
  • A relatively safe attempt at possibly scoring a kill from the ledge while not being completely vulnerable if you whiff.
  • A ledge stalling tactic
  • Everyone needs new tricks to celebrate after your Wolf kill, so why not??
I realize this is probably the last thing needed as far as advancing Wolf's metagame but hey, you have to have something to make the other spacies jealous right???

Also, Shoutout to Rat for having a sick wolf and showing me many Wolf tricks while simultaneously ****** me. You've convinced me to pick up wolf as a main alongside the communist monkey.

AcousticAdrian

Smash Apprentice
Skyloft is an interesting stage for Wolf. He can Flashwalk in 5 different places: the stairs, and the 4 slants under and on top of the pavilion near the left ledge. Flashwalking is completely safe on shield, because as soon as the shieldstun wear's off, the game "compensates" for the time you spent still, and you go zooming back. You can also control how far you slide back, depending on whether or not you are holding down. If you hold down, you slide far back. If you keep the stick in neutral, you will slide back a shorter distance, leaving you closer to your opponent.

If you Flashwalk towards the ledge on the the little slant under the pavilion that faces the stairs, you will autocancel on the ledge. A fun technique is to Flashwalk ledgecancel, and immediately Flash back towards the stage. One combo you can do is sourspot Flash > Ledgecancel > Flash.

Also, the threat of being able to plant a safe Flash almost anywhere on the stage is an excellent mind game. You can mix up where you slide, making it difficult for your opponent to know where you are going to be. For example, if you attack from behind the opponent, you can cancel the Flash in a way where you appear in front of him, but then immediately slide behind him.

Wolf can reach any place along the ground with a Flashwalk, except the very end of the right side of the stage.

Last edited:

MANZilla

Smash Rookie
i never understood this before, i would get this off on Yoshi's Brawl and Melee, like, OK that was cool

Kramwood

Smash Cadet
Not sure if people knew this already, but you can actually start the flash walk off stage and do what i like to call hax flashing (hax dashing, but with wolf's flash instead.) It's extremely useful when you have it master and gives you alot more respect as a spacie on the ledge. Simply grab ledge, hold away to get off the ledge the do a flash walk like normal into the slant of the stage. in 3.0 it works on yoshi's story (melee), yoshi's island (brawl) and on lylat, which actually makes lylat a little bit more friendly for wolf.

also:

That was fixed in 2.6, ma doo.
if you do the hax flashing like I suggested above you still have the ability to fall through the stage in 3.0.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
the difference between a hax dash and a ledge dash are the invincibility frames

wolf does not have invincibility during flashwalks

doing it from offstage is a cool mix up because of the damage behind a sweetspot

Top Bottom