• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mascot of Despair, Monokuma Punishes the Competition!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Kill/Cure really looks promising. The "Monokuma" in their series looks quite unique too.

Speaking of Fanganronpas, I found this video a few months ago before I fully knew what Fanganronpas were:

Seems like this is gonna be another game, which really excites me.

This is the theme song, which is actually really catchy:

The art of this project is pretty good too and there's a finished execution too on this channel.

Last edited:

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Kill/Cure really looks promising. The "Monokuma" in their series looks quite unique too.

Speaking of Fanganronpas, I found this video a few months ago before I fully knew what Fanganronpas were:

Seems like this is gonna be another game, which really excites me.

This is the theme song, which is actually really catchy:

The art of this project is pretty good too and there's a finished execution too on this channel.
So far I like everything about DR4K except the name

"4Killing" is a bit of a wack subtitle

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Jeez, I know Monokuma doesn't have a ton of support, but I'm surprised this wasn't posted here. Its pretty obviously fake but its something to discuss at least.
Seems fake, the spirit board uses the wrong font, Kaede's spirit doesn't have a shadow unlike the others, the page buttons and the other stuff on the left seems to be poorly cut out since you can see the edged a bit (might've used my template too cuz I had the same issue).

Overall, a decently made fake leak, but with some mistakes.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Seems fake, the spirit board uses the wrong font, Kaede's spirit doesn't have a shadow unlike the others, the page buttons and the other stuff on the left seems to be poorly cut out since you can see the edged a bit (might've used my template too cuz I had the same issue).

Overall, a decently made fake leak, but with some mistakes.
Font is the biggest mistake. I hate it when fake leaks forget to get the right font. So easy and simple to do.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Font is the biggest mistake. I hate it when fake leaks forget to get the right font. So easy and simple to do.
It's kinda understandable tho. You have to pay for most fonts, and I guess the leaker didn't want to waste money for a fake leak. Although you'd have to wonder why someone would try to pass this off as a leak instead of a concept when they're not gonna try their hardest to make a leak believable.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda understandable tho. You have to pay for most fonts, and I guess the leaker didn't want to waste money for a fake leak. Although you'd have to wonder why someone would try to pass this off as a leak instead of a concept when they're not gonna try their hardest to make a leak believable.
They didn't even have to include that image, it would've been more convincing if they had just left out that image altogether.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Being bored makes me want to do unproductive things so enjoy these spirit boards I just did that I can't post the 2 images so therefore have the link instead

Notes:
1. I was too lazy to change the spirit background and didn't know what else to add
2. Monomi can be enhanced into Usami
3. The Class Spirits work the same way as the Phantom Thieves of Hearts or Hero's Comrades spirits in where you fight the characters representing them, except those who have already gotten their respective spirits, such as Makoto, Chiaki and Kaito along with the fights toned down in difficulty due to the high amount of opponents to fight. Also I don't know what DRV3's class name is called.
4. I have not finished Danganronpa 2 (just started chapter 3) nor played V3 yet so I'd like to avoid spoilers here.

Thank you in advance!

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, I know Monokuma doesn't have a ton of support, but I'm surprised this wasn't posted here. Its pretty obviously fake but its something to discuss at least.
Even though the leak isn't real, it's still surreal to see an image Monokuma running around in Smash. It'd be a lot of fun seeing him cause all kinds of chaos.
I also like the use of the Monokuma eye as the series icon -- I hadn't thought of that. My thoughts went to the Hope's Peak logo or the Team Danganronpa logo, but both of those are on the complex side for a series icon. The eye is distinct, but not too complicated.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Haven't been on SmashBoards in quite a while. Just wanting to know I still think Monokuma would be cool lol

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute

There wasn't a double reveal today

If Monokuma is actually the last DLC for Smash Ultimate I will cry of laughter and also knowing the fact he'll be hated on for so long lmao

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I don't even care about Monokuma for Smash anymore. NEW DANGANRONPA CONTENT IN 2021 AAAAAAAAAA and it's a wholesome board game mode too so new interactions between every character hnnnng

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The Board Game mode was one of my favorite parts of V3 and the new expanded version looks AMAZING. I'm so happy.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Danganronpa for switch let's gooo! Too bad I wont buy it, I already have all the games on Steam.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Suddenly Monokuma's chances of being the final character went from "Almost none" to "You know, this could actually happen". I never actively supported a Danganronpa character due to the lack of DR games on Nintendo systems, but now that that's not a barrier, I'm all for it.

Although admittedly the expanded board game getting its own release was the absolute highlight of the Direct for me, so the fact we got that is enough to satisfy me.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
If there is a third fighters pass (which has like a 1% chance of happening)

I actually feel like Monokuma may be one of the fighters with an actual viable chance now

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I completely forgot about the fact that all 4 games can be purchased from the Eshop separately. I might actually buy Danganronpa S then if it's not coming on Steam first.

Kirberus

Smash Apprentice
I completely forgot about the fact that all 4 games can be purchased from the Eshop separately. I might actually buy Danganronpa S then if it's not coming on Steam first.
If SC decides to pull an Atlus and make S only available on Switch, I'll get it for Switch myself.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Dang Monokuma gets a huge push of wind to his sailing boat towards a Smash invitation and the thread for him goes quiet? Anyways, does or has Spike Chunsoft confirmed if there’s still more to come for their 10 year anniversary? Or has Decadence capped it off?

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Dang Monokuma gets a huge push of wind to his sailing boat towards a Smash invitation and the thread for him goes quiet?
Monokuma is such a weird character because he really has a lot of stuff going for him and his games are relatively popular, but people just don't talk about him much.

Top Bottom