• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The 'Mains' Advice Thread

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Hello all. I don't post here often (Total lurker), but I've seem to have run into a small dilemma.

I've been maining :4link:since 64, and while I like to think I'm decent with him, I haven't been able to take any locals yet due to the high skill level of the players in my area.This isn't really a problem, but I get shut down by some of the faster, more aggressive characters. I'm still going to focus on Link and learn the matchups better, but I also wanted to grab a secondary as an answer to the tougher matchups to make things a bit easier.
I noticed a bit recently that I play a more aggressive Link when compared to others, so I decided to try out :4feroy: at my last local. It went surprisingly well, and I think he fits my natural playstyle a bit better, but my level of play is still much higher with Link. However, with time and practice, I think my Roy could potentially overshadow my Link.

The problem stems from the fact that I'm very attached to Link as a character, while although Fire Emblem is my second favorite Nintendo series outside of LoZ, Roy is my least favorite of the FE characters, so I'm not 100% sold on him yet. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Roy shares a lot of bad matchups with Link, so picking up both of them doesn't seem like the best option, and I don't want to have more than two competitive characters if I don't need to.

I was also toying with :4cloud:and :4corrinf: as potential secondaries, but I've been getting mixed results when putting them into practice. Someone also pointed me towards :4greninja: as a good way to compliment Link, but as a character, I'm more of a fan of the latter two. While none of them have clicked like Roy did, I haven't given them the same amount of time, either (Roy got a dedicated two weeks after I decided to give him a shot.)

Mostly for reference, other characters I mess around with for fun and like to play for fun are :4robinm::4zelda::4wendy::4lucas::4ryu:and :4ganondorf:. While I wouldn't mind actually picking up Robin or Lucas, it doesn't seem like they would help much in the macro sense.
Well Roy struggles with :4cloud::4diddy::4mario::4sonic::4tlink:. Link only struggles against :4sonic: out of those (with my experience). Which you just have to play patiently to beat. :4feroy: Is a good teammate. Other than that I'd say :4corrin::4cloud: based off what you said and match ups. Hope this helps.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
DarkAuraful DarkAuraful :4corrin: should be getting you at least better results when it comes to the difficulties you mentioned compared to Lucina if you switch to a more patient playstyle (you're definitely forced to approach more with Lucina), zoning with neutral special and spacing with powerful long-range tippers (which I believe also help a great deal with Luma). Against really aggressive foes, that counter may have been nerfed a bit, but it's still a life saver, and even works great off-stage.

Still, if you want to try someone else, :4cloud: is pretty great with the ground game bit, and I'd recommend you try working with him in particular since you seem to like sword users?

The Legendary DJXYZ The Legendary DJXYZ Cool, huh? :) I'm still surprised by how few people know of these things. Kojii and some of the others have been trying to get more organized with our tech so that we have a central location for people to learn this stuff instead of everything being spread out, and it was also a help that the Beefy Smash Doods gave us a shout-out and explained a few rest set-ups as well. Still, not many are going to want to deal with all the downsides of using Jiggs to learn this stuff, and other youtubers like Ace continually spread false information because they're apparently not interested enough to get the facts, so I don't think many more are going to work at the character for now. Most of us who still main Jiggs did so from day one...

@bubbyq12 You say you're not a technical player, yet... Most of those are pretty technical (especially if :4bayonetta2:'s controversial combos get toned down). I'd suggest working more on :4corrinf:; most of the moveset is pretty straight-forward, and while there's definitely some technical stuff to learn/think about, it's not as much as you'd be facing with your other choices. Worry about getting bored with Corrin if/when you actually get to that point, because for the moment you have fun with them, so it shouldn't be a problem.

@FasdfGfaha Try playing around with :4cloud: some more; I feel like he fits what you need, and since you (correct me if I'm wrong) like him as a character, that definitely helps! :4ryu: could also be a good one to consider out of the characters you tend to enjoy, but as :4link: already has a lot of technical stuff involved with his moveset, Cloud may prove to be somewhat of a relief or needed break when you feel like you need one. :)

Nice_FZPSC.42 Nice_FZPSC.42 As DJXYZ already said, Bidou is best for those who are new to the game, because the set-up is sooooo completely different from what most of us know. And yeah, we could learn Bidou and change our muscle memory to be accustomed to the set-up, sure, but what if we wind up wanting to move on to the next Smash at some point, and Bidou is no longer an option? Or what if (I'm not saying this will happen, but just something for consideration...) the Smash team suddenly decided to somehow disable Bidou from being possible in the current game? That's an awful lot of work to go through for something that hasn't yet shown real results in tournament play and isn't guaranteed to last... I don't personally plan on bothering, but will just keep trying to improve the tech involved with a more traditional set-up.

To answer your second question: Personally, I'd say :4mewtwo: and :4tlink: would probably benefit the most from Bidou out of your choices.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
DarkAuraful DarkAuraful :4corrin: should be getting you at least better results when it comes to the difficulties you mentioned compared to Lucina if you switch to a more patient playstyle (you're definitely forced to approach more with Lucina), zoning with neutral special and spacing with powerful long-range tippers (which I believe also help a great deal with Luma). Against really aggressive foes, that counter may have been nerfed a bit, but it's still a life saver, and even works great off-stage.

Still, if you want to try someone else, :4cloud: is pretty great with the ground game bit, and I'd recommend you try working with him in particular since you seem to like sword users?

The Legendary DJXYZ The Legendary DJXYZ Cool, huh? :) I'm still surprised by how few people know of these things. Kojii and some of the others have been trying to get more organized with our tech so that we have a central location for people to learn this stuff instead of everything being spread out, and it was also a help that the Beefy Smash Doods gave us a shout-out and explained a few rest set-ups as well. Still, not many are going to want to deal with all the downsides of using Jiggs to learn this stuff, and other Youtubers like Ace continually spread false information because they're apparently not interested enough to get the facts, so I don't think many more are going to work at the character for now. Most of us who still main Jiggs did so from day one...

@bubbyq12 You say you're not a technical player, yet... Most of those are pretty technical (especially if :4bayonetta2:'s controversial combos get toned down). I'd suggest working more on :4corrinf:; most of the moveset is pretty straight-forward, and while there's definitely some technical stuff to learn/think about, it's not as much as you'd be facing with your other choices. Worry about getting bored with Corrin if/when you actually get to that point, because for the moment you have fun with them, so it shouldn't be a problem.

@FasdfGfaha Try playing around with :4cloud: some more; I feel like he fits what you need, and since you (correct me if I'm wrong) like him as a character, that definitely helps! :4ryu: could also be a good one to consider out of the character you tend to enjoy, but as :4link: already has a lot of technical stuff involved with his moveset, Cloud may prove to be somewhat of a relief or needed break when you feel like you need one. :)

Nice_FZPSC.42 Nice_FZPSC.42 As DJXYZ already said, Bidou is best for those who are new to the game, because the set-up is sooooo completely different from what most of us know. And yeah, we could learn Bidou and change our muscle memory to be accustomed to the set-up, sure, but what if we wind up wanting to move on to the next Smash at some point, and Bidou is no longer an option? Or what if (I'm not saying this will happen, but just something for consideration...) the Smash team suddenly decided to somehow disable Bidou from being possible in the current game? That's an awful lot of work to go through for something that hasn't yet shown real results in tournament play and isn't guaranteed to last... I don't personally plan on bothering, but will just keep trying to improve the tech involved with a more traditional set-up.

To answer your second question: Personally, I'd say :4mewtwo: and :4tlink: would probably benefit the most from Bidou out of your choices.
I'll be fine taking that risk. Thank you. I'll pick between the two as my 3rd. And I'm gonna try learning Bidou.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I am having a major problem with maining in Smash 4. I main Toon Link and Dedede, and I'll forever stick with them, but I have gone through so many different mains and secondaries and now I am having trouble deciding who else to use, You might say "Just focus on those two." but my problem is that I love so many characters and I want to use at least two of them, but I can't decide. Here's the list of all characters I've used, from the longest I've stayed with them to the shortest
Zelda, Wario, Marth, Duck Hunt Duo, Dr.Mario, Robin, RosaLuma, DK, Peach, Pikachu, and Lucairo. I love so many and I'm having trouble deciding who to use. I will probably use Zelda, because I've put a lot of work into her, but that would still leave one. The characters I love the most are probably Wario, DK, Zelda and Rosaluma

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Eddie The Pacifist Eddie The Pacifist Not sure I fully understand. You're looking for two characters to use in addition to :4tlink: and :4dedede:? If that's the case, there's nothing wrong with playing some characters for fun when you want to, so it shouldn't be too much of a concern. Otherwise, if you're considering switching, it seems like you're mostly leaning toward :4zelda:, so then using someone like :rosalina: would definitely help with any match-ups you feel are particularly painful.

Baby_Sneak Baby_Sneak This would depend on what you personally mean when it comes to the word "rewarding"; there are plenty of complex characters. If you're referring to those who have better chances of success with mastery, then :rosalina:or :4sheik: could be who you're looking for. If you mean those who make you feel good for winning, you'd need to experiment with the ones you're most interested in to discover that for yourself. I'm not going to list all of them, but some others who particularly stand out as being complex are :4pacman:, :4duckhunt:, :4megaman:, :4peach:; that should at least get you started. If you end up needing more suggestions, let us know.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Eddie The Pacifist Eddie The Pacifist Not sure I fully understand. You're looking for two characters to use in addition to :4tlink: and :4dedede:? If that's the case, there's nothing wrong with playing some characters for fun when you want to, so it shouldn't be too much of a concern. Otherwise, if you're considering switching, it seems like you're mostly leaning toward :4zelda:, so then using someone like :rosalina: would definitely help with any match-ups you feel are particularly painful.

Baby_Sneak Baby_Sneak This would depend on what you personally mean when it comes to the word "rewarding"; there are plenty of complex characters. If you're referring to those who have better chances of success with mastery, then :rosalina:or :4sheik: could be who you're looking for. If you mean those who make you feel good for winning, you'd need to experiment with the ones you're most interested in to discover that for yourself. I'm not going to list all of them, but some others who particularly stand out as being complex are :4pacman:, :4duckhunt:, :4megaman:, :4peach:; that should at least get you started. If you end up needing more suggestions, let us know.
Alright then. Thanks!

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss

For an example, i want someone like :snake:. Or :metaknight:.

Options, gemme a character with options to play however they want, or someone that's complex, but rewarding to play like snake. :4duckhunt:, :4pacman:, and :4shulk: are who I would like to play, but alas, not good characters. Who are some good characters that have high skill floors?

I see Ryu. Ima try him out, but if he don't work for w/e reason, who would be another person I could try?

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
For an example, i want someone like :snake:. Or :metaknight:.

Options, gemme a character with options to play however they want, or someone that's complex, but rewarding to play like snake. :4duckhunt:, :4pacman:, and :4shulk: are who I would like to play, but alas, not good characters. Who are some good characters that have high skill floors?

I see Ryu. Ima try him out, but if he don't work for w/e reason, who would be another person I could try?
:4greninja::4yoshi: I think would be good to try.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Baby_Sneak Baby_Sneak Um, some of that is up for debate, but based on the opinions you've shown, I'll suggest:
:4villager:/:4villagerf: - Can be played the way you want to play him/her. Most play a defensive Villager, but Ranai often shows excellent examples of aggressive play. Plenty of set-ups (think booby traps) and mind games.
:4megaman: - Complex, but rewarding to play like Snake (in my opinion), but I feel like his skill cap is higher. Check out his board for more info on his plethora of ATs; watch videos of Skaat and Kamemushi for good examples.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

Yeah. Technically I did adapt to both their play styles. I might even not realize it with Corrin, but probably when I was facing a aggressive Pikachu at that time. I guess in this case, the problem's more with Lucina and her struggles.

That being said, I did dabble around with Cloud and Meta Knight (suggested before) a little bit. I've also kinda want to get back to playing Zero Suit Samus. So yeah, I'll definitely check those three out.

I don't face these kinds of problems often to be honest. But if one of those people come up, I'll be prepared. Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

I'll be the first to say that :4pacman: is a high tier. The east coast will prove it any day, it's riddled with insanely good Pac-Men.
:4duckhunt: is huge in MD/VA as well. Watch some of the stuff they do there.
:4shulk:... he's a defense character, and it's not often that people like to play defense in tournament. But a master Shulk is menacing. Take it from the guy who's swept my local three times with him.

But I see what you mean, you want a top tier that plays like these guys. Well in that case, you got :4villager:. Good luck.

As for the guy who wants to play :4zelda:? Welcome to the club. I main her, but I know that she still has her limitations. Go ahead and do it, but make sure that your Toon Link is ready to back her up.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I'll be the first to say that :4pacman: is a high tier. The east coast will prove it any day, it's riddled with insanely good Pac-Men.
:4duckhunt: is huge in MD/VA as well. Watch some of the stuff they do there.
:4shulk:... he's a defense character, and it's not often that people like to play defense in tournament. But a master Shulk is menacing. Take it from the guy who's swept my local three times with him.

But I see what you mean, you want a top tier that plays like these guys. Well in that case, you got :4villager:. Good luck.

As for the guy who wants to play :4zelda:? Welcome to the club. I main her, but I know that she still has her limitations. Go ahead and do it, but make sure that your Toon Link is ready to back her up.
I used her in Brawl as a kid because I was very impressed with her Sweetspots. In Smash 4, I am obviously better with her, but it's painful to see an already poor character nerfed. At least we now have Up B out of shield now. I'm happy to see she's getting buffs, unlike Dedede. I mained Zelda in Brawl, along with Tink and Bowser. So I have actually used Zelda for a long time. I know a good bit about her. My Toon Link and Zelda are both retuning mains from Brawl, and she and Toon Link back each other up really well. Example: Zelda helps me out with Rosalina, Tinks worst matchup, and Toon Link covers Zelda with Bayonetta. Zelda and Dedede also help each other out pretty well, with range for Dedede and better combos with Zelda

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
This is off topic and dumb but can we get Hector from Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken in smash? I would like more weapons than just swords, especially axes. Or maybe Nino or Pent. Get an all-magic/ tomb user. Get some variety. Also more FE characters since it's the best series ever imo.

Last edited:
One of my friends voted for Hector. He was not happy to see Corrin get in instead.
I'd like to voice my opinion on the "too many FE characters" thing as well just so people don't take my bias truthfully.

People would not have complained about Corrin if Lucina and Roy were not included. I understand that Roy is an iconic character from Melee, but we don't need three characters with practically the same moveset. Hector far outshines both of them characterwise, and would be very unique with the axe. I guess it could be mostly salt that Inkling or Isaac didn't get in, but seriously, if you're going to have a ton of FE reps, make them at least unique.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
I guess this is because I didn't really vote for anyone, or because I like fire emblem, but I've never really understood the "Too many reps!" thing. The more the merrier, right? (especially with lucina, she legit didn't take anyone else's spot)

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Lucina's the only true FE character that didn't deserve a spot. Marth has been in since Melee, and he's pretty much the face of FE in Smash. Roy deserved a spot just because of the fact Dr. Mario seemed to deserve a spot. And also massive fan demand for him. Robin was the main character in FEA, the game that revived the series! Ike had fan demand and has been in two FE games. And Corrin is there because Sakurai saw an opportunity to make a unique sword fighter, and he took it. He promotes Fates as well. Admit it, Corrin's briilantly designed. Lucina is objectively worse Marth, FEA already had a good rep and if FE needed another representve, there was so many better options. Like Hector.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Lucina is objectively worse Marth
Not after 1.1.4, actually. That patch significantly shortened the gap between marth and lucina (sure, he's still better, but there are actually some matchups lucina does better in than marth, like sonic). It's almost up to preference now.
FEA already had a good rep and if FE needed another representve, there was so many better options. Like Hector.
Honestly, this is kinda true (i wish lucina were just an alt costume, like olimar/alph), but wouldn't they have to choose someone whose... relevant? Like another character from 2010 up?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Not after 1.1.4, actually. That patch significantly shortened the gap between marth and lucina (sure, he's still better, but there are actually some matchups lucina does better in than marth, like sonic). It's almost up to preference now.

Honestly, this is kinda true (i wish lucina were just an alt costume, like olimar/alph), but wouldn't they have to choose someone whose... relevant? Like another character from 2010 up?
Because Rob and G&W.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Neither of them are newcomers, though. The only "retro" newcomer this time around was duck hunt.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
The one thing that the FE character must have to make it in smash is they must be a lord or the main character/ avatar in the game. Hector could make it but he could turn out like Ike. We could get Lyn being a crazy fast swordsmen like Sheik speed but there's not much demand for that. I think the cast is full for this game. Just wishing I guess.

Edit: also we wouldn't get Ephraim ( a lance user) because it would have a tipper effect but that would be the only hitbox. And if we got a safe/ magic user it would have to be Liliana (Hector's daughter) since she's atleast a big part to the game. Lastly I think a mounted unit would be awesome. Imagine a Pegasus knight in smash. Or Sain!!!!

Last edited:

Grimtixx

Smash Cadet
NNID
bgood4life
Okay, so I am in a bind when it comes to characters. I have found myself gravitating between different playstyles and different characters since the game first came out. (Note that I don't use more than two characters as that would spread me too thin) I currently use :4cloud:, as I am a Final Fantasy fan and I am in love with his disjoints, but it just feels very uncomfortable soloing him. What if someone knows the Cloud matchup like the back of their hand and I get downloaded in tournament? I'm always very paranoid about stuff like that, which is why I am looking for a consistent other-main that would fit my criteria that wouldn't be invalidated by my Cloud. When the game first came out, I played :4megaman: and then I picked up :4lucas: as my main when he came out, and then I dropped them for Cloud when he came out. I also used :4metaknight: for awhile, but the current patch kinda killed my appeal for him, which breaks me inside because he is essentially my favorite non-DLC character outside of Smash.

Now on to my general playstyle. Frankly, I am not an aggressive in-your-face type of player. I don't really like to hang back and camp really hard either, but I love to have a commanding and domineering presence in the neutral game. I like to command the pace of the match and make my opponent play by my rules, and when they try to rebel against said domination I smack them down hardcore. I also like to force approaches and unsafe commitments out of the other player that I can take advantage of in the fight. Now the picky part comes in: the character for me has to have good mobility and good movement options. They have to be able to use their "domination" tools with speed and efficiency otherwise the character would feel too clunky for my tastes. (Hence, why I no longer use Megaman/Lucas and Meta-Knight, due to their overall clunky feeling and limited options in neutral respectively) Who would you guys say fits the whole "dominate the battlefield, force commitments, has good mobility" criteria the most? From what I've experimented with already, :4diddy: :4sonic: :4mewtwo: seem to fit the description to an extent. Any advice?

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Okay, so I am in a bind when it comes to characters. I have found myself gravitating between different playstyles and different characters since the game first came out. (Note that I don't use more than two characters as that would spread me too thin) I currently use :4cloud:, as I am a Final Fantasy fan and I am in love with his disjoints, but it just feels very uncomfortable soloing him. What if someone knows the Cloud matchup like the back of their hand and I get downloaded in tournament? I'm always very paranoid about stuff like that, which is why I am looking for a consistent other-main that would fit my criteria that wouldn't be invalidated by my Cloud. When the game first came out, I played :4megaman: and then I picked up :4lucas: as my main when he came out, and then I dropped them for Cloud when he came out. I also used :4metaknight: for awhile, but the current patch kinda killed my appeal for him, which breaks me inside because he is essentially my favorite non-DLC character outside of Smash.

Now on to my general playstyle. Frankly, I am not an aggressive in-your-face type of player. I don't really like to hang back and camp really hard either, but I love to have a commanding and domineering presence in the neutral game. I like to command the pace of the match and make my opponent play by my rules, and when they try to rebel against said domination I smack them down hardcore. I also like to force approaches and unsafe commitments out of the other player that I can take advantage of in the fight. Now the picky part comes in: the character for me has to have good mobility and good movement options. They have to be able to use their "domination" tools with speed and efficiency otherwise the character would feel too clunky for my tastes. (Hence, why I no longer use Megaman/Lucas and Meta-Knight, due to their overall clunky feeling and limited options in neutral respectively) Who would you guys say fits the whole "dominate the battlefield, force commitments, has good mobility" criteria the most? From what I've experimented with already, :4diddy: :4sonic: :4mewtwo: seem to fit the description to an extent. Any advice?
Any of them would work. They also do good against cloud so you don't have to ditto. Cloud beats like 99% of the cast so you don't have to worry about match ups really other than I'd say :4bayonetta2: which :4diddy::4mewtwo::4sonic: do good against. It's gonna come down to your preference and skill with the characters.

Grimtixx

Smash Cadet
NNID
bgood4life
Any of them would work. They also do good against cloud so you don't have to ditto. Cloud beats like 99% of the cast so you don't have to worry about match ups really other than I'd say :4bayonetta2: which :4diddy::4mewtwo::4sonic: do good against. It's gonna come down to your preference and skill with the characters.
Oh, I see. I'll have to experiment with these three more to see which one of them I like the best. Thanks for your input.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Actually, Cloud has been shown to go even against Bayonetta too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I suppose Duck Hunt only got in because Ice Climbers were cut out. A retro game duo.
No. Duck Hunt did not replace Ice Climbers. Sakurai was going to put both Duck Hunt and Ice Climbers in SSB4 but Sakurai could not get the Ice Climbers to work right in the 3DS version due to limitations of the 3DS... so Sakurai cut Ice Climbers and kept Duck Hunt.

Grimtixx

Smash Cadet
NNID
bgood4life
Are there any other characters that could work for this style that I haven't listed yet?

And... you get :4zss: or :4fox:. :4lucas: fits that style as well, but his metagame is underdeveloped. (Which, by the way, makes him hard to download, so there's that)

Seriously at this point I'm more scared of 20FF than 20XX. I encourage anyone who's not sure of their main to try something that's not :4cloud:, he's extreeeeemely overused.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK, I played a few matches today that changed my views. In friendlies, one was a :4ganondorf: ditto that I won, the other was my :4wiifit: vs. :4mario: and I lost. Wii Fit is really really hard to use, as much as the character is amazing with mastery.

I played a bunch of Level 9s with :4zelda: and got 2-stocked on the majority of them. I feel really limited. Whenever I play Zelda, onlookers compliment my finesse with the character's abilities, but then I lose and they realize the limitations as well.

So now I'm out of a main until a buff. I'm leaning :4lucas: now, because I got some really good wins in friendlies with him recently. Good idea or no?

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
And... you get :4zss: or :4fox:. :4lucas: fits that style as well, but his metagame is underdeveloped. (Which, by the way, makes him hard to download, so there's that)

Seriously at this point I'm more scared of 20FF than 20XX. I encourage anyone who's not sure of their main to try something that's not :4cloud:, he's extreeeeemely overused.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK, I played a few matches today that changed my views. In friendlies, one was a :4ganondorf: ditto that I won, the other was my :4wiifit: vs. :4mario: and I lost. Wii Fit is really really hard to use, as much as the character is amazing with mastery.

I played a bunch of Level 9s with :4zelda: and got 2-stocked on the majority of them. I feel really limited. Whenever I play Zelda, onlookers compliment my finesse with the character's abilities, but then I lose and they realize the limitations as well.

So now I'm out of a main until a buff. I'm leaning :4lucas: now, because I got some really good wins in friendlies with him recently. Good idea or no?
Yes

ICY

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I'm here for if you guys would give me tips about choosing a main in this game.

I've been playing competitive Smash since Brawl and another Fighting Games and i never had such a problem like in this one, in Brawl i used to main Ike and Ness because they were from my favorite games, but ended playing Marth for competitive viable reasons.

In sm4sh none of those characters attracts me for main them, and i tried probably the entire roster and i don't know what to play

I want a character viable in a high level play, about my playstyle in this game is pretty reactive: I can play aggresively or defensively, i don't have problems in that.

:4bayonetta: is banned in my country so i don't have plan on maining her, alos i don't like it lmao

:4diddy: just nope

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. I'll have to experiment with these three more to see which one of them I like the best. Thanks for your input.
Hi everyone, I'm here for if you guys would give me tips about choosing a main in this game.

I've been playing competitive Smash since Brawl and another Fighting Games and i never had such a problem like in this one, in Brawl i used to main Ike and Ness because they were from my favorite games, but ended playing Marth for competitive viable reasons.

In sm4sh none of those characters attracts me for main them, and i tried probably the entire roster and i don't know what to play

I want a character viable in a high level play, about my playstyle in this game is pretty reactive: I can play aggresively or defensively, i don't have problems in that.

:4bayonetta: is banned in my country so i don't have plan on maining her, alos i don't like it lmao

:4diddy: just nope
So you can play both aggressively and defensively? Then try Dr.Mario, Shulk. Problem is, they aren't really viable. Viable characters of your type are Mario, Sheik, Fox, Cloud and Pikachu. Shulk and Dr. Mario fit the criteria better, but the ones I listed are more viable.

Airpoizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
(Private)
3DS FC
0946-2898-1267
So I main :4feroy:

What characters are the closest play style to him? I can never pick and stick with a secondary :p

Top Bottom