• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The 'Mains' Advice Thread

Kirito_SAO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2208-5760-5811
Im not too sure how the :4cloud::4darkpit:matchup goes but I've had a 50:50 experience so far with it. If you have a bunch of :4cloud:players around you then look for the matchup list to see who beats cloud and maybe pick up a cloud counter as a secondary

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
@Razmord
:4cloud: - In spite of Cloud being great with aggressive playstyles, there are a lot of campy Clouds out there, and :4darkpit:'s arrows are perfect for preventing Cloud from getting too campy with limit break charging. Also, thanks to Dark Pit's multiple jumps, great aerials, and generous recovery, you can feel very safe edge-guarding off-stage, and one of Cloud's greatest weaknesses is his recovery once you learn how to exploit it (M2K recently shared some interesting concepts to consider when it comes to edge-guarding Cloud; the video is long, but I think it's worth the time, or you can optionally read his pastebin linked in the description: https://youtu.be/22WnDCRluCg.). If the Cloud is up-air happy, which a lot of them are, you can use your down special to block out the onslaught as you fall back to the stage, but only use it if absolutely necessary. It's good to keep in mind that shield beats out a lot of Cloud's strongest threats like fsmash as long as you keep your shield healthy (I think his limit break side special requires the last hit to be spot-dodged to keep your shield from breaking, however) and his grab game isn't exactly strong.

:4bayonetta: - There's really only so much that can be done about Bayonetta at the moment, but :4darkpit: can at least somewhat force her to approach by using his arrows. You should probably also consider trying to gimp her off-stage as early as possible since her recovery at times depends on three specials and up to two double-jumps depending on how quick the player is. Try to snipe her with an arrow or two if she's launched close to one side of the screen. Be extremely careful about punishing her ledge get-up options as a lot of Bayonetta players will take this opportunity to use Witch Time, which needless to say is deadly. Of course it's always good to mix things up, but if you happen to be trying to recover from being launched to the side of the stage, I would say aerials over dodging if she comes out after you, because since a lot of her moves are combo-based, she can punish air dodges pretty easily, and Dark Pit has the benefit of stretching out his body by quite a bit when using some of his aerial attacks, so don't underestimate your range. In neutral, you'll want to switch to using more of your multi-hit moves in general, since they can help out a lot if she uses Witch Time on you.

:rosalina: - :4darkpit:'s side special absolutely obliterates Luma (arrows are nice here as well, as long as Rosalina doesn't absorb them), and her recovery is punishable if you can get the timing right, so don't be afraid to go after her off-stage, but be careful if she does have Luma with her still. Getting rid of Luma should be your focus most of the time in this match-up, I believe, and then being more aggressive against Rosalina; just don't get overly confident since she can put up a nice fight on her own. Her greatest threats to you without Luma would probably be her up-tilt, up-smash, and up-air (she does also have the ability to spike with fair causing you to bounce against the stage leading to an easy up-smash, so be wary of this if you see her short-hopping toward you; grounding yourself and going for up-smash may be a good counter to this, but don't quote me on that).

This is all I can think of at the moment, so hopefully this will be of some kind of help to you.

Last edited:
Whoa hold on a second... are you really saying you think :4cloud: is better than :4mario:? Sure he's everywhere, but he's not any better than Mario's copy-paste combos and matchup-busting reversal gimmicks.

Either way, :4cloud: does have a better matchup against :4darkpit: than :4mario: does, BUT that doesn't mean it's not doable. The biggest advantage to playing either Pit is that his well-rounded moveset's only disadvantage is low air speed. Use your arrows to cancel out Blade Beam, and SHIELD his approach, because his dash grab is not that good and he'd prefer to short hop nair or dash attack.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Did I miss something? LOL Where did someone say :4cloud: is better than :4mario:?

Last edited:

Blaze The Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0044-2966-3509
Thanks for the earlier advice, guys. I'm gonna pick up :4diddy:, since I mained him in Brawl, and I'll look more at the others. Any ideas for a character to complement the others with a different playstyle? I was thinking maybe :4sheik:, but I don't want to pick her up just because she's good.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
Thanks for the earlier advice, guys. I'm gonna pick up :4diddy:, since I mained him in Brawl, and I'll look more at the others. Any ideas for a character to complement the others with a different playstyle? I was thinking maybe :4sheik:, but I don't want to pick her up just because she's good.
Diddy should do you just fine.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
She's good, yeah, but since the nerfs, she takes quite a bit of work to win with (which was already true beforehand); there's a lot of skill required here. If you're in to reads and such, she should appeal to you more now than before since she no longer has her super-safe fairs (it's still a good move, just not as safe to throw out there), needle range, and the easier 50/50 KO set-ups.
:4diddy: is quite an undertaking, however, so as TheBlueSpirit TheBlueSpirit suggested, it'd probably be best for you to just focus on him for now.

Pg 44. Someone said cloud is like a sword mario
Gotcha, thanks. I completely missed that.

Kirito_SAO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2208-5760-5811
Im really trying to main :4lucario: But I'm having a bit of trouble doing stuff fast, and racking up damage is a bit troublesome, I choose to main Lucario for + Counter
+ Projectile
+ Good Air Mobility

but some cons exist such as
- Sorta Floaty
- A bit slow
- hard to rack up damage.
If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Mains: :4lucario::4ludwig::4luigi::4tlink::4marth:
Secondaries: :4megaman::4mario::4pacman::4falcon::4littlemac:
Enjoyable to play as: :4dedede::4ness::4greninja::4rob::4gaw:
I would say :4mario:and/or :4falcon:. Maybe:4greninja: . They can help lucario.

Kirito_SAO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2208-5760-5811
I've had different change of minds. I need help picking 3 out of these:

:4corrin:Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐

:4pit:/:4darkpit: Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐

:4greninja: Good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐

:4lucario:Good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐

:4mario:/:4drmario:Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐

:4marth:/:4lucina:Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐

:4megaman: Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐

:4mewtwo:Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐

:4ness: Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐

:rosalina:Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐

:4feroy:Really good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

(⭐ For ranking how I like them but I'm up to use anyone)
I want to get results but I also want to have fun with the characters and cover all match ups.

Last edited:

Aoi Yui

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiki
3DS FC
1736-3974-1734
I am a player that enjoys catching people off guard. For example I was up against a ness on Lucario spamming fully charged arua spheres at him while he used psi magnet. All of a sudden a change my rhythem completely a shoot an aura sphere then follow up with an aura palm and spike him. The guy didn't know what hit him. Another instances was on corrin when I failed to counter on purpose continously causing my opponent to get reckless then suddenly did a succesful counter and KOed him. So essentailly I make my opponent believe I'm using 1 strategy then swap to a different one out of the blue. Only this doesn't work on someone who fights you consistently. Are there any characters that I can apply this method into. I've though about playing ness or lucas since I like thier specails but I don't think they fit my playstyle.

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Kirito_SAO Kirito_SAO Not sure this would really cover all MUs, but just taking that into consideration, I'd probably suggest :rosalina:, :4mario:, and :4darkpit:, but taking your amount of fun into consideration... Maybe :4mario:, :4feroy:, and :4greninja:? :4darkpit: over :4pit: solely for handling Luma better, and :4mario: over :4drmario: due to a better MU spread. Even though I personally love Dr. Mario, his recovery can be a real inconvenience against various characters across the roster, so while it's possible, your chances of success are lower.

Aoi Yui Aoi Yui This can be applied to many characters, but granted some more than others. Might help us if you answer a couple questions, however, as I'm not quite sure what is driving you to pick up a new character.
(1) What's motivating you to play a different character. Is it so you can win more consistently?
(2) What is your stance on tiers? Are you trying to avoid any particular tiers, or is this of no consequence to you?
(3) Is there something you're struggling with during a match when it comes to your current characters?

Last edited:

Aoi Yui

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiki
3DS FC
1736-3974-1734
Aoi Yui Aoi Yui This can be applied to many characters, but granted some more than others. Might help us if you answer a couple questions, however, as I'm not quite sure what is driving you to pick up a new character.
(1) What's motivating you to play a different character. Is it so you can win more consistently?
(2) What is your stance on tiers? Are you trying to avoid any particular tiers, or is this of no consequence to you?
(3) Is there something you're struggling with during a match when it comes to your current characters?
(1) It's more that I haven't really been able to settle on anything.
(2) I don't really know enough about tiers to really pick a particular one. So no consqeuence is guess. I more play the character for the fun of it rather than focusing solely on winning.
(3) Something I'm struggling with would be my reaction time. I can't seem to pull of moves that require precise timing. Even smash attack since I can't remap it on the 3ds. The 3ds forces me to time the d-pad with the a button and I can't seem to time it consistantly. Pressing a + b at the same time seems to be even harder for me.
Characters I've stuck with for a bit:
Lucario
Mewtwo
Corrin
Lucina
Robin

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Aoi Yui Aoi Yui If you struggle with reaction times, that would probably knock off some of the characters who create confusion and mix-ups using items (they're particularly good when it comes to the kind of playstyle you referred to). Characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man make amazing use of rapidly dropping items in mid-air and catching them again (and other item-based techniques), but there's a hefty amount of input required as a result. However, there are a couple you may want to try out who make use of items/projectiles that can't be picked up, and they're great for catching your opponent off-guard playing the way you described. :)
:4villager: - (I've mentioned Villager so many times here now, people are probably so sick of me, but hear me out, please! D: ) If you haven't already, watch some of Ranai's matches. While it's a shame to miss out on his/her smashes if you can't get them right consistently, there are plenty of tools available here, and the inputs required have a nice flow to them; not too rapid. If you play it right, people won't know what you're thinking, or what's coming next!
:4duckhunt: - This is a real oddball... Working on Duck Hunt can be mentally exhausting for some, but the pay-off is that fighting a good Duck Hunt can be mentally exhausting for your opponent. Not really input heavy, but definitely takes a steady amount of mental input! Haha. :) There's a lot of strategy to be had using his can, from creating a double amount of stage presence to giving extra damage off of throws. You can actually manipulate the can in all kinds of ways using his various attacks, as well. He's quite campy (can do great stuff once he has an opening, however), and like Villager's tree, he can hide behind his down special, which helps when you're in a more projectile-based match-up.
:4gaw: - Does require good use of his down throw combos (there's also an optional up throw combo at 0% that's great for heavies, but the inputs are more rapid and dependent on reaction time), so I'd check those out first before considering him. Otherwise, he can manipulate the opponent quite well (down tilt and up air can send people floating upward or suspend them in the air), and it's hard to know what to expect. His projectile is unpredictable. On heavies and fast-fallers in particular, you can go for down throw to judge at low to mid %s for a devastating 9 (good to know how the other numbers affect the opponent so you can follow up).
:4dedede: - May seem predictable, but Dedede actually thrives off of people expecting him to do one thing, and then reacting with something else, especially taking his gordo into consideration. You can change its trajectory, and if you learn how to space it, counter any attempt of your opponent to send it flying back in your face. Also, if you bait the opponent into getting hit by the gordo from behind, you can follow up with another attack while they're flying toward you. While there are legitimate uses for Dedede's smash attacks, since they are all pretty laggy and he packs a punch in general, you wouldn't want to be using them often anyway (down smash is probably the safest, but calling it safe would be so off). His tilts are actually much more versatile, and can wall out the opponent as you plan their punishment.

As always, it's a great idea to check out the official board for a character you're interested in to really get an idea of all they're capable of pulling off.

Last edited:

TroueMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
TroueMan
Hi guys! Coming here to find a main ofc.
Actually, i would like an aggressive character and with some heavy combos ( not 0 to death only but kinda ), i actually do not want to play :4bayonetta: as she is totally broken...
I used to main Villager, but i'm totally playing aggressive and that's not the character that fits me anymore i think... I want a character that i can "permanently" go in, i mean sometimes, i'll have to space but i wanna space the less that i can.
Thanks for the help

PS : my english is really bad, i'm sorry for that, hope you understood

Aoi Yui

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiki
3DS FC
1736-3974-1734
Aoi Yui Aoi Yui If you struggle with reaction times, that would probably knock off some of the characters who create confusion and mix-ups using items (they're particularly good when it comes to the kind of playstyle you referred to). Characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man make amazing use of rapidly dropping items in mid-air and catching them again (and other item-based techniques), but there's a hefty amount of input required as a result. However, there are a couple you may want to try out who make use of items/projectiles that can't be picked up, and they're great for catching your opponent off-guard playing the way you described. :)
:4villager: - (I've mentioned Villager so many times here now, people are probably so sick of me, but hear me out, please! D: ) If you haven't already, watch some of Ranai's matches. While it's a shame to miss out on his/her smashes if you can't get them right consistently, there are plenty of tools available here, and the inputs required have a nice flow to them; not too rapid. If you play it right, people won't know what you're thinking, or what's coming next!
:4duckhunt: - This is a real oddball... Working on Duck Hunt can be mentally exhausting for some, but the pay-off is that fighting a good Duck Hunt can be mentally exhausting for your opponent. Not really input heavy, but definitely takes a steady amount of mental input! Haha. :) There's a lot of strategy to be had using his can, from creating a double amount of stage presence to giving extra damage off of throws. You can actually manipulate the can in all kinds of ways using his various attacks, as well. He's quite campy (can do great stuff once he has an opening, however), and like Villager's tree, he can hide behind his down special, which helps when you're in a more projectile-based match-up.
:4gaw: - Does require good use of his down throw combos (there's also an optional up throw combo at 0% that's great for heavies, but the inputs are more rapid and dependent on reaction time), so I'd check those out first before considering him. Otherwise, he can manipulate the opponent quite well (down tilt and up air can send people floating upward or suspend them in the air), and it's hard to know what to expect. His projectile is unpredictable. On heavies and fast-fallers in particular, you can go for down throw to judge at low to mid %s for a devastating 9 (good to know how the other numbers affect the opponent so you can follow up).
:4dedede: - May seem predictable, but Dedede actually thrives off of people expecting him to do one thing, and then reacting with something else, especially taking his gordo into consideration. You can change its trajectory, and if you learn how to space it, counter any attempt of your opponent to send it flying back in your face. Also, if you bait the opponent into getting hit by the gordo from behind, you can follow up with another attack while they're flying toward you. While there are legitimate uses for Dedede's smash attacks, since they are all pretty laggy and he packs a punch in general, you wouldn't want to be using them often anyway (down smash is probably the safest, but calling it safe would be so off). His tilts are actually much more versatile, and can wall out the opponent as you plan their punishment.

As always, it's a great idea to check out the official board for a character you're interested in to really get an idea of all they're capable of pulling off.

Based on what you said Dedede and villager sound the best to me so I'll look into those. Thanks for the help.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
TroueMan TroueMan Hmm, aggressive without too much spacing needed...
:4feroy: - Benefits from being in the opponent's face since his sword is stronger at the base. He's fast, and recently had his landing lag reduced on (from what I remember) most of his aerials if not all of them, so they're even safer than they were before. Has a great counter if you're up against someone else who's aggressive.
:4cloud: - Can be campy if you feel like keeping your distance, but he's great for aggressive play. His sword reaches farther than it looks and has very generous sweeping hitboxes; can be difficult for your opponent to get in.
:4mario: - Mario's famous now for having moves that he can just throw out without getting punished (up smash, down air, etc.), and he definitely has more than enough combos to keep you happy.
:4pikachu: - I'd say he requires better spacing than Mario, definitely (especially when making good use of his up special), but he's fast, hard to catch, has lots of combos, and his projectile helps him get in quite well. He is, however, one of the more technical characters and difficult to master.
:4rob: - Actually pretty aggressive when combining his projectile game with grabs and/or normal attacks. Has one of the most dangerous up airs in the game, which combos from down throw within a wide % range (this is known as "Beep Boop"). Also has two great ledge KO set-ups. His projectiles allow him not to be too heavy on spacing, but the two moves I'd say require the most spacing are down air and back air; you can get punished pretty hard for using these incorrectly.

Hope this helps you out!

Kirito_SAO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2208-5760-5811
I've had different change of minds. I need help picking 3 out of these:

:4cloud:Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐
:4corrin:Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4darkpit: Good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐
:4drmario:Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4fox:Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐
:4greninja: Good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐
:4lucario:Good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐
:4mario:Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4marth::4lucina: Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐
:4megaman: Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4mewtwo:Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4olimar:Pretty good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4pikachu: Good with, fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4rob:Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐⭐
:4feroy:Really good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
:4sonic:Good with, pretty fun ⭐⭐
:4tlink:Pretty good with, really fun ⭐⭐⭐

(⭐ For ranking how I like them but I'm up to use anyone)
I want to get results but I also want to have fun with the characters and cover all match ups.
I like to play rush down/ aggressive but it is nice to have one character who can be defensive sometimes. That should help narrow things down. I did make some changes.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
I like to play rush down/ aggressive but it is nice to have one character who can be defensive sometimes. That should help narrow things down. I did make some changes.
This is my new account. I want to narrow it down to 3 with the characters ive listed. i play aggresively mostly but i like a character with the ability to camp/ play defensively. I don't like characters who are hard to kill with and i like to be able to grab. Kill throws are nice but not nessesary on each character, but i want to have atleast one. Reply to me and not to Kirito_sao please. Here are all the characters again. I have changed the list a little bit.
:4mario::4luigi::4zelda::4tlink::4marth::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4rob::4olimar::4drmario::4darkpit::4megaman::4mewtwo::4feroy::4cloud2::4corrin:

Also I really want to use :4feroy: but if a lot of people tell me not to and to use others then I will. Again I want to narrow it down to 3. Or atleast 5 for now.

Last edited:
Aggressive mostly, but can camp. The characters on that list that fit this best are :4olimar::4mewtwo::4corrin:. But, that's my opinion. I really don't have too much to back it up either outside of personal experience, so anyone else have any more advice or can build off this base?

As a side note, I main :4zelda: now. Even I'm surprised.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Aggressive mostly, but can camp. The characters on that list that fit this best are :4olimar::4mewtwo::4corrin:. But, that's my opinion. I really don't have too much to back it up either outside of personal experience, so anyone else have any more advice or can build off this base?

As a side note, I main :4zelda: now. Even I'm surprised.
I don't need all characters to camp, I just want atleast 1. But still thanks for the input I'll keep it in mind.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
And that's cool that you like :4zelda: now. Be careful with side B by the ledge you might accidentally fall off. Plus it's just not as of of a ledge guard as before but it be used to gimp a bit or for mind games

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
I know I've posted a lot so I'll narrow it all down with this post. I want to be using 3 out of the many characters I use in competitive play. I like to be aggressive and in their face a lot but I also want atleast 1 of the 3 to be able to camp a little bit. I don't like it when I have to work really hard to get a kill. This is who I use and I use 5/5 ranking system to help get a sense of ranking for them.

:4mario:Good with, really fun, 4/5
:4luigi:Good with, fun, 3/5
:4tlink:Good with, really fun, 3/5
:4pit:/:4darkpit:Good with, really fun, 4/5
:4marth:/:4lucina:Good with, fun, 3/5
:4pikachu:Really good with, really fun, 4/5
:4charizard:Really good with, really fun, 4/5
:4lucario:Good with, fun, 3/5
:4greninja:Good with, really fun, 4/5
:4rob:Good with, fun, 3/5
:4olimar:Good with, fun, 3/5
:4drmario:Good with, really fun, 3/5
:4megaman:Good with, really fun, 3/5
:4sonic:Good with, fun, 3/5
:4mewtwo:Good with, fun, 3/5
:4corrin:Good with, fun, 3/5

I already main :4feroy: so I want 2 more characters to use who work well with Roy. But I am open to use someone else if it will work better for me. And if you have a character suggestion please let me know. I am hoping to get results but also use fun characters. I like playing uncommon characters too but I don't mind using common ones either.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
I am a player that enjoys catching people off guard. For example I was up against a ness on Lucario spamming fully charged arua spheres at him while he used psi magnet. All of a sudden a change my rhythem completely a shoot an aura sphere then follow up with an aura palm and spike him. The guy didn't know what hit him. Another instances was on corrin when I failed to counter on purpose continously causing my opponent to get reckless then suddenly did a succesful counter and KOed him. So essentailly I make my opponent believe I'm using 1 strategy then swap to a different one out of the blue. Only this doesn't work on someone who fights you consistently. Are there any characters that I can apply this method into. I've though about playing ness or lucas since I like thier specails but I don't think they fit my playstyle.
the ones I could thing of that would be good for this might be:4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja::4robinm::4villager::4gaw::4dedede::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4megaman::4pacman:. Try them out and see who you like

Nice_FZPSC.42 Nice_FZPSC.42 If you like :4pikachu: that much, well what's stopping you from playing him? Top tier? Honestly at this point, Pikachu can't be considered a bona fide top tier anyway, he doesn't have the results anymore to back it up. Don't feel bad about picking up a character that might get you some flak, especially one as fair and balanced as Pikachu.

You know I'll always request :4greninja: to players who like fast aggressive characters that can still hold a neutral game. So that's what I'll say.

Overall, it's your choice, but it seems those are your two best bets from your last post. As much as I think :rosalina: is a better match for :4feroy:, it's up to you.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Thanks for the input. I'm going to try:4mario::rosalina::4pikachu::4darkpit::4sonic:with :4feroy:. If anyone else has input please let me know. I still want it to be just 3 so anymore imput on the these guys (besides Roy) would be great to help me decide.​

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
After practicing I still have :4feroy: as my main and leaning toward :4pikachu: as a secondary/ 2nd main. And still have :4mario::rosalina::4darkpit::4sonic: in mind. How do pikachu and Roy do MU wise? Do i desperately need a 3rd to cover bad MUs? And which 3rd should I pick with these two. And if I hear that I should use two others with then I can drop pika or maybe Roy if it would make my MUs really good or something.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
I've dropped :4greninja: due to technicality and because I'm just better with these guys then him and they are better. But I still love him!:substitute:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Out of :4feroy::4pikachu::4mario::4sonic::rosalina::4darkpit: I want to narrow this down to atleast 5 for now.
Main=:4feroy:

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
For the record, Cloud is almost certainly better than Mario. However, both are very good and easy to pick up and play.

Everyone should have a pocket Cloud tbh. Unless you cannot afford him; in that case get some Mario practice under your belt.

I also recommend not playing five characters if you want to play in tournament. Most if not all of them will lack polish or will have gaps in your experience.

Tomorrow, there might be a patch. :4cloud:, :4bayonetta:, :rosalina:, and :4mario: are the top targets right now for nerfs. Beware, main seekers.

My opinion on the above post (everyone should have a pocket Cloud, if you can't afford it then Mario)
I would rephrase that to say "everyone should have a pocket top tier". It's worth it to have a character that's tried-and-true good to cover your back. The current top tier (here goes nothing) includes...
:4bayonetta::rosalina::4mario::4cloud::4sonic::4zss::4villager::4ryu::4fox::4ness::4diddy::4pikachu::4sheik::4mewtwo: (last two are debatable)

Also, @Moderator (I think it's FalKoopa) can you make a rule about no double posting? There have been quite a few recently.
(To those who do not know, double posting is the same user posting twice in a row, instead of editing their last post to include the new info)

Last edited:
Note that the maintenance schedule does explicitly highlight Splatoon and Pokken, and those updates were confirmed a while back for the 12th. But, it would be an optimal time for Bandai Namco to hop on the bandwagon.

MrRiyku

Smash Rookie
Hello.
I'm currently looking for a secondary for my :4ness:. I'm mainly looking for a character that's not as popular and has the same sort of play style. Current candidates are :4mewtwo: :4myfriends: and :4lucas:

I like :4mewtwo: for his punish game and the ability to quickly switch between offense and defense.

I like :4myfriends: for his footsies, good damaging combos, and his punish game.

And I like :4lucas: for his spacing ability, his aerials, and his combo game.

If anyone has any character suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Top Bottom