• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Maine Brawl (Take Two) Portland, ME --<UPDATE: 12/1/08>--

The_NZA

Smash Lord
1 friend and we would be willing to pay for gas (as long as it isn't too pricey for our broke college *****)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
NZA, you guys from Bowdoin wouldn't happen to be the same people who visited J&R sporadically for their weekly tournaments, would you?

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Oh an someone please bring something to record some of the matches. I'd like to get a few of mine recorded and put on my laptop so I can look at them.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
If you get a homebrew wii set up, you can get the infinite replay code and you can deal with all the recording after.

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
Why would you want the bowser to win with the stupid bowsercide? Thats got to be the dumbest rule I've ever heard to be honest.. I mean imagine if the bowsers at 150% and the other guy just died and now he's going to win with 1 smash.. but the bowsercide makes the noob win.. Why?

Banks

Smash Hero
Because whether or not the bowser wins or it goes to sudden death is dictated by port number.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Why would you want the bowser to win with the stupid bowsercide? Thats got to be the dumbest rule I've ever heard to be honest.. I mean imagine if the bowsers at 150% and the other guy just died and now he's going to win with 1 smash.. but the bowsercide makes the noob win.. Why?
It's actually there to increase consistency in match results. When both players have 1 stock, and Bowser connects with a Bowsercide, the result displayed by the game is determined by controller port. If Bowser has a higher (closer to 1) controller port, he'll win, but if he has a lower (closer to 4) port, it'll go to sudden death. That's a lot dumber than just flat-out giving Bowser the win in the first place.

Besides, you need to have a % lead over the other player to be able to control the direction of Bowser's Forward+B, so good luck Bowserciding at 150% when they respawn.

edit: and yet banks does it with one sentence. CURSES

The_NZA

Smash Lord
And no, we haven't been active at the brawl tourney scene. This will be our first brawl tourney. And as far as bowsercide goes...dont call the bowser a noob, call the idiot who got killed by that predictable move.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend can pick you guys up. We will give you a call in the morning. 10 bucks for gas is fine. Be ready at like 9:20 because Me and my friend are setting the room up from 10 - 11 so we need to be back by 10 am.

ALso if you could send me a message with an address. I know brunswick is like 30 minutes away from portland.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
YEAH. TOTALLY NOT GOING.

I'm hoping for a snow day from 6-9 so I can call out of work.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else going to be able to make it to brunswick? My car needs to be brought to the shop tomorrow to fix some damage from some branches so I won't be able to pick them up after all.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
No can do, while I'm going to the tournament with Boxman, my ride home doesn't have room.

Edit: which might mean I won't be able to bring a TV...hmm...

Top Bottom