• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Magician's Alliance Premiere Brawl Tourney Results.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185111

Teams:

1. S-Class (G-reg+Hova)
2. Wall-E and the Samurai (Toasty+Kadaj)
3. The Magician's Alliance (SlashTalon+Dobee)
4. Cartoon Heroes
5. O-Mashi
6. StrawberryDoom.com
7. Team Blue Balls
8. BOOS Burger combo
9. Tha Brothas
10. WTFBBQ!?

Singles:
1. G-reg (Snake)
2. Hova (Peach)
3. Kadaj (Marth)
4. Mashi (DDD+Snake+MK)
5. BlackG (MK)
5. SK (IC's+Wario)
7. Slash (Falco)
7. Hanged Man (DDD)
9. J-wolf (T.Link)
9. D0N (DK)
9. Dragon Charles (ROB+Zelda/Sheik)
9. Toasty (A Noob Robert)
13. WTF? (Yoshi+Diddy+ 1 Pikmin Olimar, yes 1 pikmin)
13. Boos (Wario+ Cap'n Falcon)
13. Dubal D (MK)
13. Whodat? (Olimar+fox+ROB)
17. Uki (MK)
17. Sen (Marth)
17. Dobee (Kirby)
17. Famus (Mario)
17. Pheonix
17. Shab (Lucario+Fox+Sonic)
17. Kill'n
17. Skizzot (G&W)
25. Killz
25. Commie
25. Jeremy

Thanks again for comin down G-reg+Hova. Next tourney should be Sept 20-something.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
SK, I think Slash will notice the error... he was just typing it down in number order and realized that people were tieing for place at 7th..... he will probably fix that.

Also, Shoutout time:

Slash: Thanks for everything man.... letting me stay at your place the night before, the ride up.... and the bit of training the night before. Also, for being a host for this tourney.

G-reg and Hova: Thanks for coming down from NoVa to play. It was really cool to see some new faces. Also was cool to meet you both. G-reg, wish I could have played you, but I'll try to next time we meet. Hova, that $1 MM was great.... wish I didn't squander game 2, but I was still happy that I did pretty well against your Peach.

Toasty: Dude, epic MMs son.... Liked how you admitted that after I beat you the first set, that your Lucas really came to life. Can't wait to see the vids. Also, thanks for the ride back home.

Jeremy: Thanks for teaming up with me at last second. Team Blue Balls son.... it wasn't that great because I squandered on counterpicking options alot (aka, picked Japes knowing that Dobee played Ganon and Slash played Falco, just because my Diddy is normally **** there.)

O-No: Thanks for hosting the night before.... that **** was good training grounds. Really hope to come out more often to those fests.

Anyone else I forgot to mention: Good **** people... lets make a better turnout next time so we can attract more out of towners..... we want SoVa to become a huge Smash scene.

Edit: And next time, I'm not gonna take Mashi's advice... I'm gonna go back to Diddy and Lucas for tourney....

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Shoutoutz...

G-reg: We had so many good matches man. Also our set in tourny was really good. So was our DI :laugh: since when can Marth survive fresh u-tilts in the 140's on battlefield or snake getting perfect tipped f-smash at the edge at 130 on battlefield..

Gg's tho man I'll see you around.

Hova: we had some gg's especially at the end. I had fun playing teams the day before with you and greg lol. And you did not foward air me 18 times in a row :laugh: but thanks for driving out to play dude I had a lot of fun.

Toasty: we'll do a lot better in teams next time. I'm gonna step my game up. No johns. And I'm glad what I said worked out for you :laugh: sometimes you gotta just go out there and get it lol

Mashi: thanks for putting me in losers lol you showed me what I need to practice and who I need to practice against. We need to play more seeing as how your the only good one that plays him. Every1 else just isn't quite up there with him.

Sk: way to step it up dude your getting to be pretty good. Gg's keep up those ic's.

O-no: thanks for housing me friday night we had so much fun. And thanks for what you said when we were in front of your car before you left.

Slash: gg's in teams we didn't play singles much. Thanks for hosting

Dobee: gg's in teams sorry about singles plz don't take it personal lol

Jeff: we had a lot of good matches on friday especially in teams.

Tre: thanks for the support man. You always there when I need it.
We didn't get to play much at all today except for our teams matches.

Jamie: gg's man and I definitly won't smash di rob's down smash at low percents anymore lol

Logan: gg's lol at least our second match was fun

Don: we had some fun friendlies

Caboose: we didn't play today :(

Skizzot: keep it up your not as bad as you think. Start reading up on your characters in the character disscussion thread and start to watch some videos to get an idea of how a good player plays with that chracter.

I think that's just about it on my be-half of shoutouts.

If I missed anyone I apologize in advance. Until next time SoVa.

sk1zz0t

Smash Rookie
good **** to everyone. kadaj, I knew hanging around would be worth it.. that losers finals with g-reg was one of the best things i've ever seen in my history of competitive gaming.. haha. i was pulling for you so hard.

gg's all around and thanks to everyone that did casuals with me, i'm fiending for practice. I went straight to a friends place after the tourney and proceeded to wreck face.. it made me feel a bit better haha

toasty.. we still haven't got to play. next time man.. at least a friendly.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
gg's everyone. =P

g-reg/hova: good **** for coming down. sorry for the lack of attendance. it wasn't as big as we all hoped =/.

kadaj: good games. lol. sure whenever you want practice i'm down. i'm gonna learn that matchup with snake rofl. OR learn battlefield rofl. i'm the only one that's bad on that. good games though. next tourney <3.

blackg: good games as always. metaknight wasn't as spammy as i thought. either that or you just was too lazy to show me your tornado. lol i was prepared for it but it never happened. good games though.

sk: good stuff mangz. placing better now. just keep it up and play me mores =P

jwolf: good games in some melee sonnn. we never played brawl rofl. =P

toasty: same goes for you we never played but brawl. well actually that team game but that didn't end well lol.

boose: good games man. sorry for norfair being banned lol. and the rainbow cruise ban. we can play mores and you can learn to play against my character. =]

i think that's all i played and all that haha iono. if i forgots my bads =P. see everyone at next tourney.

f***n bannanananana!!!!! *slits throat*

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
screw you people for shutting down my counterpicks >_> i need to learn another one

<--Caboose

g-reg: good stuf at O-NO's. i was hoping you wouldnt be first out on teams when i came in. you cant believe how happy i was to finally beat you in a game of smash....and how sad i was when you Ness-missile'd me T_T

hova: i swear ill beat you with ike next time. ****ing turnips. and you'll get your official tourny revenge for WHEN I BEAT YOU AT MY FIRST TOURNY. really surprised you even knew who i was

toasty: falcon punch. that is all.

kadaj: ace loser's finals man. all intense matches. ....**** you :p

famous/killz: B MOVES FALCON SON!

DON: DK is so scary T_T good stuf

DON/Sen: you cant imagine how sad i was to lose with falcon. i wanted that sooooo bad

riku: we'll practice next time :p

falcon is the best character in this game.

D0N

Smash Ace
it was fun to be there. My favorite part was "**** Bananas!!!" lol. But aside from that I watched alot of epic mathes.

G-reg: I beat you so im gonna tell all my friends as you said lol jk. I was a little disapointed when you said that then left; I just wanted to play atleast a set, not play one match for bragging rights (I know you were kidding). but I know you had to go so hope to play you some other time. Thanks for coming

Hova: Gaint apes are supposed to kidnap white girls, I should win every time. But really, fun matches. Thanks for coming

Slash: You've gotton better at fighting close range, and way to use my counterpick against me. I didnt expect you to chaingrab me off the stage. You should put that part in your combo video.

Hanged: Good matches. I almost got around the chaingrabs on FD, and then there was japes. Homefield adventage didnt work as well as I thought it would.

Toasty: Good MM. Good job finally beating whodat.

Caboose: Close match. It coulda gone either way.

SK, Kadaj, Famous, Sen, Uki, Kiln, whoever i forgot: Fun friendlies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
perhaps real shouties are in order:

Slash and 7: good **** on hosting, guys :) I'm sorry for being such a **** with all the "it's not my tournament" nonsense at first...just giving what Otis gave me when I started hosting [kind of a reflex hah]..and I was mad relieved to not really have many obligations and I finally got to get tons of friendlies before tourney ^_^

Slash: you're the most convincing liar I've met. **** you. I'm always writing my name on my soda cans from now on, just so you can't mindgame me into thinking I'm drinking yours :( :( :( [watch you get Nino's rubbing alcohol to take my name off of THAT too hahahaha]...good **** in teams dude. your MK is getting more and more efficient [you gimped me! sheeeiiiit] although wtf @ my char choice in the results haha

7: SAAAMUUUUSSS **** dude it's still mad good though you seem a tad rusty with the zair combos. Still mad nice with the spikes...except when you convince yourself that the hitbox is massive when it really isn't at all. you were freaking out about missing **** that was NOWHERE near hitting me :( but good **** all around. A shame you didn't enter singles [only so we could have had just one more person in there hah]

Kadaj: Glad we didn't have to play in singles....saved me a month's worth of my life that woulda been lost to stress haha

G-Reg/Hova: those teams matches were epic!!! any time I saw EITHER of you way up in the sky...and then Kadaj or I got knocked up there too? ugh. it never ended well. And that dead-weight KO?!?!?!? if that was intentional...oh wow. also: LITTLE BOY WINS, SON!!!!

G-Reg: awesome friendlies at the beginning and end of the day. Ness is too good ^_^

Hova: [haha I keep wanting to write HoVa] ...aren't you DragonCharlz? Your Peach destroyed me in those friendlies @_@

Whodat: OH. EM. EFFING. GEE. son. You know the deal. You can thank Kadaj for reminding me [I say reminding me because he told me before but I didn't believe him] how to beat you! That **** shoulda been recorded but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that extra stress factor

The Hanged Man: good **** man. I was so elated after beating Whodat that I didn't give a **** WHAT happened in our match [except those dammn Gordos. :( But you've gotten better [and you're better at the chaingrab now >_<] Now that I think about it, I'm kinda mad I lost to you haha, but that just means I'll have ANOTHER TBFN member on my vengeance-to-be-had-against list [now that Whodat's crossed off ohhhhhhhh]

SK: daaaang yo, what a surprise! That Fox is sexy dude, keep it up. I was expecting Wario or ICs...oooooph that usmash is still sooooo ****! I think it's the best punishing move in this game because Fox, and his usmash/sliding usmash, are incredibly fast. I'll take you down next time. And I mis-spoke when I said I've never lost first round [or haven't in a while]....Jeff's Toon Link did that **** to me too :(

Mashi: Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. We need to have another session like we did at the ODU GnT last tuesday ^_^ hahaha @ teams

O-NO: *hug* it's okay buddy. I'll just remember to keep calling you out on the irony of your various topics of bltching hahahaha...that said: wtf was up with the brackets, indeed :( dunno how you guys got TWO byes and then got placed against us and M.A. :(

D0N: gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I think I'm just bad at Money Matches lmao, naw naw GGs for real though. Close ****. Your DK is getting so much better dude :) Keep it up

Jwolf: we hardly played, but Melee and Brawl friendlies were both great :)

Famous: EPIC ****ING DOC VS. MARIO MATCHES!!!! WOOOOOO that **** was intense! Made me remember how much I love Dr. Mario [and how he's my most-missed character in Brawl :(]

BooseBooseBooooossseeeeee: Breakfast of Champions, son. That first stock of the double Roy match? Pure low-tier ****:

Glenn: good to see you improving dude, especially in Melee!!! Your Lucas improved since the last time we played...thanks for letting me earn my money back though :) I'll never sandbag you unintentionally in a ditto again [...maybe, hahaha =D]

Everyone else I played Melee with: I SAID "FOR KILLING"!!!!!!!!!!! G&W's Melee nair is better than ROBs nair ^_^

Shab: /pat That ****ing maraca controller lmao. I really WAS terrified, though.

Egg Sniperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: good **** repping Yoshi still. Soooooooo beast!!! esp in teams. good **** buddy, glad you made it to a tourney :) Hope you can learn to cope with the tourney woes we all have gone through

Killz: revenge is a mother****er. It was good to see you in your most desperate moments though because you were really pickin that **** up and goin crazy. Just try and be that intense all the time and you'll be a lot better

Scott: glad you came through...sorry we didn't play :(!!! Next time if I forget to play you or something, just be like "toasty, let's play after _____" if one of us is in a match =D

BLKG: yayyuhhzzzzzzz sooo fresh haha

Kill'n: good **** man. you improved a good deal when you put your mind to it :) learn to go crazy chasing people off the edge. learn to harness the tornado so that you DON'T mess up, and master the upB ^_^ you're ****ing Metaknight! Keep it up

Sen: we barely played, but still GGs :) you should stop using shield breaker to recover [as often?]

everyone else: we didn't play [or we hardly did :(]

next tiiiimmmmmeeeee

<3 SoVa

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Guess I should post up.

G-reg: Great match you and I had. Sucks that we couldn't play more casuals

Hova: Your peach is a best. You have me convinced that it's really a bad matchup. I hate peach first melee now brawl.

Kadaj: Great games against G-reg. I didn't really get to see any of your others. Sorry for the lack of casuals.

Toasty: Man.... that match with us should have been recorded, but congrats on finally beating me.

Shab- **** BANNANS

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
uki: what's wrong with my advice? i'm saying LEARN METAKNIGHT. i never said go fresh into the tourney with no MK practice. rofl.

hova

Smash Champion
super late shout out time

kadaj- a lot of improvement since the last time i played you. i'm sure that there are a lot of Sova players looking to you to put Sova on the map. keep it up and make it up North more often

Toasty Toast the Toast man Toasty- good ***** teams set, you ate my *** with nairs when it was just me and you left... always fun to chill wit you man

O-No- thanks for the housing, i am definitely jealous of the 3s console in your living room. i'm sure you'll be beast in Brawl if you decide to put the time in... i mean you are "The Master of Games"

Slash- you are tall, thanks for hosting and ****, and close *** MM we had there. Greg and I like the cockiness, keep it up

Jwolf- ur just funny dude, i can't help but laugh at you for no real reason. keep working on that TL... supposedly his dsmash ***** in no B move matches. nice MM

Mashi- you three stocked me, but i somehow withstood the tier whoring thru the rest of the set. you remind me of plank... 'whateva it takes'... good **** on our set

Caboose- i will hunt you down

Whodat- you looked so familiar when i first saw you i could have sworn we went to the same college or some ****. definitely need to get some more friendlies in... i'm glad i could give you a heads up on the slightly difficult match up

Uki- nice Lucas, close matches

good **** to everyone there. hands down the most chill tourney i have ever attended. i forgot some people, but that just means you need to play me more next time

good **** to the DK player also, i forgot your name

Famous

Smash Champion
Good **** to everyone I've played in friendlies and tourney...Hova, I'll be ready for you next time...and that chicken tasted like wood =(

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i'm glad the tourny was a success, hopefully i can make the next one :) if i ask everyone nicely to let me win... would anyone? :p

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty i don't know if you quite have a handle on that matchup, but you did do a lot better. Honestly that matchup is in your favor.

toasty

Smash Hero
Keyword I used was "decent"...were I to feel any more confident about it I'd dare to venture that "I ****ing **** Olimar's shlt...10001011010111011001001000100101 = GET AT MY ROB, SON!"

or something.

>_>

<_<

but for real...I finally have a tiny idea about what to do...I still hate it, though :( still makes my heart almost-explode.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
of course rofl! game is too good. iono the rules but sure =P. but of course my max loss is always $5. =]

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, I guess I'll be using DK again...

I would have to get use to Golden Eye again before I go about doing MM$ with you toast....Unless I play with oddjob all day.

toasty

Smash Hero
ewww **** that!!!! No Oddjob, son. Warmup all you want, I need it too ^_^

Oh and of course: No Radar. Screen-watching is allowed [and d.amn impossible to avoid anyway hah]
No other cheats though [like turbo mode, etc]

although Slappers Only on DK mode would be kind of hilarious. But not for MMs haha

you better ban ______...I'll spawn-camp the **** out of you =D

oh and it could be like...2/3 rounds, each one is 1v1, first to 10 POINTS [not kills, since suicides take away kill points]

If someone isn't up to the challenge, I'll even go all Cougar Magnum/Slaps and you can use whichever other Pistols you want ^_^

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
toasty....doesn't like the man with the helmet and a rainbow of friends :( o well, i'm not good anyway, so you shouldn't have to worry :)

Top Bottom