• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: The Cataclysm (Part One) RESULTS FIRST POST!

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
What a great tourney. At the end of the day, you can't help but feel psyched about it. So I don't sound like I'm a broken record, I'm gonna congratulate everyone on their placements now. So, congrats, everyone! You did good!

Before shoutouts, I have to say that this was set up, run, and taken down very well. Everyone that was part of the process should be proud of how well this worked.

White Mage - You got some learning from Husband! How cool was that? Now you've got some stuff to work on, as do all of us. You had to do nothing in that crew battle. I could've definitely lasted longer in that, but NSG only had 7 stocks left when I started. That's a lengthy cleanup if you ask me. Nice job on setting this thing up. It ran so smoothly.

Black Mage - Neck and neck in the placements. No matter what happens between us and White Mage, two of us end up tied somewhere in the standings. As much as I hate playing that thing, I need you to use your Shiek. I need the practice apparently. Nice work with your Falco in the crew battle. You did well enough to let me finish the job. Same to you for the set up. You guys put it together nicely and managed to finish this thing an hour ahead of time, maybe more.

Pot Shot - First tourney for you, and it sounds like it's inspired you to practice more. As if there aren't enough Shiek players! I'm joking, though. Good to see your first tourney did to you what the RI Smashfest did for the Mages and I.

Dali - Doc or Mario? Mario or Doc? Glad to see you're really taking an interest now. You've got your mindgames down for sure. Work on those tech skills and you'll be a tough challenge in no time.

Wife - You are the third person in the last three tourneys that I've gone to to reference me to DAWes. I'm glad to see I was at least doing as well as he would against your Peach. Even though I lost each match, each one got progressively better. I thought I had a solid game against Peach, but this proved me wrong. There's always room for improvement!

Husband - "I HATE SHIEKS!" At least I wasn't the only one that noticed the abundance of Shieks in this tourney. Luckily, I only had to play one in the singles tourney (Kalot), but it's still a tough matchup no matter what. Nice job going through all of those to get where you did in placements. It'd be great to see you guys at Bomb 4.

Oro - I didn't have the oppertunity to talk to you that much, but I can sure tell that you're a great Samus player. If I had to pick someone to learn from out of the Samus players, it would be you. Great job moving all the way through the winners bracket.

NSG - You guys did good for your first tournament. It's nice to see that people, even in the more remote areas of the Northeast, play this game. Hopefully we'll see you guys again and have another crew battle.

Turtles - I didn't get the chance to talk to many of you guys. I played Kalot and Kirby san in the singles tourney and lost to both. Nice to see there's a strong force in Massachusetts.

Big G - You took my money again! I gotta fix that problem one of these days. You're becoming my player to beat if this keeps up. That's a nice Samus. You're real crafty with those projectiles. Maybe I can learn a thing or two from that.

Tetra - We got some good friendlies in. Good to have you and Big G come out here to this. Maybe we can get some more friendlies the next time we play.

Liney - You're a cool guy. I'd love to see you in another tourney somewhere so we could get some friendlies in. Nice to see you.

Unknown - We never got that MM in. It's a shame, really. I'm sure we'll be able to take care of that at some time or another, since wherever the Mages go, you're there! We'll get it done, for certain.

KoreanDJ - You're getting good. It must be all that practice with the Turtles. Samus lives forever. If you've ever seen her on Dreamland, you know what I mean.

As for myself, I'm happy with how this went. Placement was good, even after having to play Kalot for my first match....

What was good: Edgehogging, edgeguarding, finally using the U-tilt, and creating waves of missiles.
What needs to be done: Mindgames, better use of Samus' varied recovery, and for God's sake, stop facing the wrong direction!!

Again, congrats to everyone and thanks for coming. There'll be another big tourney in the Northeast before you know it.

blackjinjo9

Smash Rookie
Your tournament rocked!!! Awesomeness at its best, I got a lot of experience from it, but it sucks to live in NH since it's hard to find a good player up here in hicksville (aside from Liney). Great job hosting the tournament, mages. Blackmage I really wanted to match your Game and Watch again but I had to leave.... Oh well maybe at the next tournament my Young Link will be even better and will beat you!!!!

-The Other Guy who was with Liney :)

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. Did I face you? I played a friendly who used Young Link and those were some pretty close matches there. The use of your down smashes had me thinking a bit. Very nice.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
unknownforce said:
Turtles-Sorry to let you guys down so much. I know you had high expectations for me and I failed miserably. Again I think I was defeated by my emotions in addition to the fact I can't leave room to reveal such a weakness against good players. We also should have practiced against one another and pointed out any mistakes we were making before the event started. It was obviously leaving ourselves at a disadvantage not warming up and simply playing money matches. I suggest we continue the mini tournaments but do it at higher stakes than a dollar entry fee. People just don't play hard with such little money on the line. Maybe up it to 5 dollars or something. Not much money, but enough that first place will win a pretty nice amount. I think I'll try to work out something so that Lowell and I can play more than once a week as well. Also Roga sorry about teams arg no idea what happened..
I wasn't even there, but I can pretty much guarantee that nobody in the Turtles feels that you let them down or failed them. They value having fun over winning, as does Yo-Yo. I'm not sure I could say the same about you, because you do this after every tournament. And anyway, second in teams is hardly something to be ashamed of. Lighten up, man.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Okay Zoso that was kind of unneeded. I do happen to value fun over winning, and if you read my whole post you'd see I pointed out that I still enjoyed myself. People can have fun and still want to do well, so you'd be wrong in saying that you can't say the same for me. Besides, I know the turtles more than you and I assure you that they were dissapointed with me and themselves. That isn't a bad thing, its motivation to do better next time. And I don't think you know "what I do "after every tournament anyway. I was perfectly happy with my showing in Japan and at Roymasters where I took first, so it would be nice if you stopped making negative comments towards me on a public forum.

PotShotTom

Smash Rookie
OK, first of all this is my first post, so I just want to say hi to everyone! Most of you might recognize my name at the tourny, maybe not, anyways I have to say it was a fantastic experience for me. Being my first tournament, it was incredible to be able to watch and play some of the best in the country, and I thank you all for being a part of it. Some shout outs:

Omegablackmage/white mage- thanks for showing me so much and allowing me to play an active part in the tournament, it was a ton of fun and was good experience.

Green Hunter- You showed some good moves out there, awesome job in the crew match against Maine. I'm looking forward to playing your Samus again.

Notable events:
-Husband yelling "I HATE SHIEK"
-Winning my first money match
-Getting a few Samus tips from Big G
-Seeing so many incredible Shieks out there, you guys definitely showed me I have a lot to learn.

All in all, it was an awesome experience and hopefully I'll be able to make it to the upcoming tournaments. Thanks again everyone

p.s. yes yo-yo, congrats on having an awesome bowser, i can only imagine how long that took and i can only hope that we'll ge to play each other again, with me not getting ***** lol

Wife

Smash Lord
OH **** THIS TOURNAMENT WAS SO SO SO MUCH FUN!!

Thank you mages for hosting such a smooth tournament. a tournament ending at like 7 is UNHEARD OF for a tourny of that size. you even STARTED LATE because WE made you because we got mad lost. Host another and we'll be there in a hearbeat.

As long as Kyle houses us again. Staying at your house it doesn't get any better man.
And WTF you placed above 5 turtles in teams and 2 turtles in singles so it's not like you have to shoulder any blame. BUT totally you have to be dissapointed if you lose. how else are you gonna get better. That for me is what makes smash great, the competition. You have to be the best and **** anything besides the best, right? Keep playin.

Im not really gonna do all the specific shoutouts, I just have a few general ones, understand that please.

Turtles -- So we're more or less 1-1 now, I guess. We bested you here but please know team ben totally considers our crew even with your crew, and look forward to playing again in the future. Also, you guys are interesting to fight and you are polite about winning and losing alike. I know how much it blows to lose, that's something we have in common we play this game to win so it doesn't matter. My turtles training will serve me to beat everyone else, and I hope we did the same from you. We're cloes enough where we should be allies wherever we can, am I right?

Mages -- Well done. You service the smash scene when you hook us up with a tourny like that.

Team Ben -- I AM SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS! YOU BOTH PLAYED VERY VERY WELL HUSBAND YOU ARE TOO GOOD YOU LOVE THE TEAMS AND ORO I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU THOSE TRICKS WERE EVEN SURPRISING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone else I played -- Thank you thank you thank you. You all trained me and I hope I trained you and the money matches were all fun. Come to BOMB4 everyone and we can play some more. Keep practicing!!!!!!

xHayatox

Smash Lord
:o did i not shake hands with wife after he defeated me fair and square?! if i didnt i am trully sorry and so is the other turtles who didnt show good sportsmanship, i dont really remember what went on yesterday lols i was in a total trance and cold. it was a good match and your peach improved greatly vs sheik. so did husband and ORO OROOROROORRORO good stuff revenge on jones from FC u have inspired me to bring back my samus once again. :), bcuz we lost doesnt mean we hate you all. we love team ben you guys are the coolest! you guys actually have motivated us to actually start playing harder. next time well have some more smash fun :) in any case its no excuse for the turtles for losing we got 8 people and we all lost. we did good. we did our best. and in the future we hope to do better. im not to disapointed in any of the turtles of how we placed. im glad roga and unknown placed so high. i just wanted everyone to have a chance which is why i teamed up with kalot and jones didnt really accepted that. o well next time ill team up with jones. so wen we lose theres no jones. :) but hopefully well win :D we will revive the ninja turtles team. mr unknownforce. dont feel too bad about losing this time, hopefully this will motivate you to play harder as koreandj is. you 2 has great potential in winning tournaments. yoyo has great potential as well but he only plays for fun but god dammit he so good on teams lol. as for me. i dunno i just gotta stop switching lols. this is the tournament that woke up the turtles and we thank Team Ben for coming and waking us up. :D Good stuff knocking us out dudes.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Thanks alot Wife. I'm glad you view it the same way as I do =P I'll continue to train hard and work to beat my emotions and make Bomb4 without a doubt. Also Hayato I agree with you too. We should start training harder and I also think we should not be afraid to give one another advice at times. Next week San Garden tournament will have to have higher stakes so people don't fool around and we get true tournament practice :) Maybe with some luck Yoyo will start playing seriously. I know he plays for fun, but its still possible to have fun AND play seriously. I still had fun even though I lost and was serious.

Again you guys did amazing and I also agree that both Team Ben and the Turtles have become incredibly strong, even, and should certainly be allies. Hope we can get some practice in during Bomb4 before the event starts so that we can all get warmed up and do well. I hope we all get real high placements!

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to start off by thanking EVERYONE for making this tournament such a great experience for me. The Mages for giving us a smooth, well organized tournament with good rules, a great location, amazing everything. Kyle for being such a great host, providing us with fifth season Simpson's and chocolate milk. The Turtles for being such a great crew and giving us good competition (unfortunately there was no time for poker, my only regret), and being great to hang out with. All the Sheiks for making Kevin yell "I HATE SHEIK!!!!!!!!" at the end of the night. Kyle's animals for being absolutely AWESOME. Everyone else that came and added to the atmosphere that makes all Smash tournaments great. And most of all, Chris and Kevin for being my best friends, going to tournaments with me, and helping me improve my skills so much.

And I'd like for everyone that would like to get better to take special note of the point Chris was just making. If you feel satisfied and content after losing, you're going to lose again. Throughout this whole tournament, I thought, "There's nothing that's going to stop me from getting 1st place in this tournament, I'm tired of losing all the time" and I played 10x better than I normally do. Anyone can do it, you just gotta decide to do it. As long as you don't go too far in the other direction and whine and moan and throw controllers and punch pianos, and are upset in a healthy way, it'll lead to your improvement. And you can't get emotional DURING the match, either, or you'll throw away a chance to win and start making mistakes.

I'd really like to give specific shout outs to everyone, but I'm pretty bad at that and I tend to miss people, so if you don't see your name here, know that I love you even if I don't say it out loud.

The Turtles: I love being at tournaments with you guys. This one really made me wish that I was at Smashfest RI. My favorite crews to be with are Team Ben, H2YL, and the Turtles; I gotta give preference to my best friends and my great friends from down and Virginia, but other than those two you guys are at the top. The competition with you guys is always intense, and playing each other helps both of our crews reach new peaks of skills. I'd really like to go to one of the San Garden tournaments sometime, but it would have to be sometime not during the school year, because it's really hard to travel during school. We'll make sure that we save time for Hold 'em next tournament.

We're 2-1 in tournament sets now, KJ, I hope that I face you in the finals another time so that way I can even the score completely ;) It's exciting to hear you say that you're going back to Samus, Hayato, because it feels like Samus is dying out in the tournament scene lately. Eve, I'm surprised you didn't stay Falco the entire set, that match was so scary! It felt like every stock one of us just 0-death comboed the other. Roga, amazing job in teams. I didn't know that you played Link, I thought it was just Ganon. But both characters were extremely well played, especially in teams. You guys had me really scared for a while there!

Lunar Eclipse: It was great hanging out with you and getting to know what you're like a little better this time. Your Mario and Falco are. Take pride in being the only person to beat Wife in a money match this tournament, too. And he money matched a lot of good people, too.

Mages, I can't thank you enough for pulling this off so incredibly well. Host one again in half a year or so and I'll definitely be back. You really would have thought this was your fifth or sixth time organizing a tournament, not your first. Congrats on that. BTW, loved your taste in music :)

Green Hunter: I hope you could pick some things up from watching me play. Unfortunately, I am the worst teacher in the world, so if you have any questions or anything, I'd love to help but I really can't. I hope to see your Samus improve a lot, we really need more good Samuses.

NEO: Thanks for coming and teaming with me. Luck of the Irish fo' life.

**** you Magic Beans!!!! :laugh: :rotfl: :chuckle: :laugh: :chuckle: :laugh: :rotfl: :chuckle: :laugh:

Wife

Smash Lord
oops hope I didn't seem like I was complaining about the hand shake thing. I really didn't care, it was only interesting because I forget to shake when I'm really bummed out and it was good to see i wasn't the only one.

goro -- you are just too good. besides, you and Neo are unstoppable on teams.
lunar -- i forgot to compliment you on beating me and your exceptional knowledge of Simpsons' quotes.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
lol awesome job evry1 i had to work a 10 hour shift lol o well im glad evrything went so well sorry to bother but can some1 plz tell me who knockd out the following in singles:

team ben
turtles
koreandj
that lunar guy that beat wife in a money match ( ididnt see his rank)
whitemage

thx much lol

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Husband: Lost to Eve in the winners, then agreed to tie with Oro in the finals
Wife: Lost to KJ in the winners, then Husband in the losers
KJ: Oro in Winner's Finals, Husband in Loser's finals.
Hayato: Wife in the winners, Eve in the losers
Eve: Oro in the winners, Wife in the losers
Lunar Eclipse (AKA YoYo): Oro in Winners, Husband in Losers
Oro: Lost to no one, biatch!!!!11

Those are the ones that I know/remember, I hope that I didn't make any mistakes, please correct me if I did.

Yo-Yo

Smash Cadet
Time for some shoutouts:

Team Ben - Always a pleasure. You guys are some of the coolest smashers I know. Way cooler than Lenny. 1st in teams and 1st, 2nd and 4th in singles? Is that the best you guys can do? Clearly you've all improved significantly since last we met. And this time I got to play all 3 of you. Speaking of which, good matches with all of you. Most notably with Wife, ;). Mario vs. Marth wasn't too pretty, though; you're too good at keeping Mario outside your sword, Husband. You knocked me out of the tournament, but you also came up with the name Lunar Eclipse, so I'll call it even. Oro, good matches, and congratulations on going undefeated. By the way, it looks like your shout out to me is short an adjective, lol. Look forward to seeing you all again, hopefully at BOMB.

Kalot - Good to finally see you at a tourney, but where was the Luigi? You went Sheik against me every time. Good matches, though, that last one was so very close.

Big G - Good to see you again, plus we got to play this time. Good matches, keep working on that Samus. I'm sure Oro's performance inspired you. Look forward to playing you again in the future.

Tetra - Did we ever play each other 1v1? Good matches in teams. Our second match was much closer than the first. Seems like that was the case every time I watched you guys. With a little more experience and practice I'm sure you guys will be a very formidable team.

**** Tom - We didn't get to play, but it was good to see you again. I should be seeing you soon at Smashapalooza.

Orky - Wow, haven't seen you in a while. Good to know you're still on the scene, and good matches. Planning on going to any more tournaments in the near future?

Omega White Mage - Nice seeing you again. I'm glad we got in a few matches, even if we didn't get to do that 2v1. Next time I'll kidnap ZoSo and bring him along so you and Omega Black Mage can have your money matches.

Omega Black Mage - Always good to see people representing Game & Watch. Glad to see you've switched to using the black color scheme. Good matches, keep working on your G&W and make Dire Vulcan proud.

All of the Mages - Congratulations on hosting an awesome tournament, especially since it was your first one. Everything went great and I'm looking forward to the Cataclysm (Part Two).

KoreanDJ - First time we've ever teamed and we get 3rd? I think we need to start teaming more often. Once I stop hitting you with so many fsmashes I'm sure we'll do much better, lol. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

The following people lost to my Bowser and neglected to mention me in shoutouts:
- Green Hunter
- Everybody from the NSG of Maine except Baby/Chosen One
Come on guys, it took me a long time to get my Bowser as good as it is, the least you could do is say "good matches" or "nice Bowser" or something. That's all I ask.

xHayatox and Unknownforce - Yeah, taking this game seriously sure worked wonders for you guys:

5. Yo-Yo
7. Unknownforce
9. Kirby San

What would I have to do to be considered a serious player? I mastered shuffling, I incorporated wavedashing into my game, I DI as much as either of you, I've been practicing wall teching and I've been to at least half a dozen tournaments in the last 6 months, including GS2. Is that not enough? I would very much like to know what makes a player a "serious player." This isn't meant to be a flame or anything as I respect both of you as people and as players, and enjoy playing both of you, but I'd really like to know why neither of you take me seriously.

Regardless, I would like to congratulate Unknownforce and Roga for their performance in teams. You guys did really well, even knocking The Newlyweds into losers. That's no small task. Kirby San, it's too bad your bracket had so many other turtles, that wasn't cool at all. It seems you and Kalot didn't work out as well as you'd hoped, either, but I look forward to seeing you and KrazyJones back in action. Do you guys plan on going to Gauntlet or Smashapalooza?

Sorry for the long post, but after a tourney like that there's lots to say. Thanks again, Mages.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
:o i didnt mean that. i just think u enjoy fun over winning. which isnt a bad thing. :D If u wanted to win u wouda cheese the person with high tiers but u chose to use ur true character and i admire that more then cheaping ur way out. :D . ur bowser and mario is too nice! and u dont get upset when u lose or nething. Its shows how good u are and u can always play again and do better. you did better than me im proud of mr yoyo. im not a serious player myself. me no get upset when i lose. i just get motivated to play more. i use to be serious about the game. but not no more thats why i choose to be on kalots team, i been playing alot of random characters and i used sheik maybe 1 set in the tournament in singles and 2 set in teams and the rest i used mario, doc and my new guy falco :D and dunno. lol but i guess now i can try to get into the game more since i wanna do alittle better. ;) ill team with jones the next events and i promise to team with oro at some tourney sometime :D good stuff to the turtles regardless of the placing cuz we all did well and made top 10 :)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
xHayatox and Unknownforce - Yeah, taking this game seriously sure worked wonders for you guys:

Wow harsh =[ Anyway neither Hayato nor I were intending offense or anything by saying your not a serious player, it simply means you mess around and have fun. Azen does it and I don't think he takes offense when people say he's not serious. It's also that you don't seem to care much if you win. I could be wrong, but its hard to think otherwise when you use Bowser against Husband in a tournament match. Not that theres anything wrong with it. However it is a bit of a pain when we play in friendlies because we just end up using nearly every character and never really improve our games at all. I still think we can have fun training using only 6 characters or so, and I've learned the hard way that training only once a week is not going to do too well in tournaments.

I only brought it up because I watch Team Ben making comments to one another and seeking to improve one anothers games just as much as their own that encourages me to do the same. We would be much better off training one another rather than training solely by ourselves. Plus its hard to notice certain errors without a perspective of the person fighting you. Since I know your style so well, I have lots of comments that could increase your gameplay, and I'm sure you could say the same about me. However I don't like to make any comments unless I know the person dosen't mind feedback. I certainly don't mind in the least if you make comments about my gameplay, because I know there are still plenty of flaws I have to work out. Same goes for all the other turtles and I'd field the same question to them if they mind feedback or not.

Yo-Yo

Smash Cadet
Sorry if that seemed harsh, it was supposed to be jocular. I probably should've put a >.> at the end or something, but that's the price I pay for writing my shoutouts at 3 o'clock in the morning. Just for the record, I will readily admit that both of you should have placed higher than me, but I think I got an easier bracket. I would very much like to improve my game, that's why I bothered to pick up things such as wall teching. If I had no interest in getting better, I'd probably be playing the same way John does: forward+b spamming with Luigi in the hopes of a misfire (which is hilarious when it works). As for the Bowser thing, that was just to see how I would do, cause even if I won I highly doubt I would have been able to beat Krazy Jones. Besides, I did better with Bowser than I did with Mario. Hayato, I didn't know you played Mario. We have to have some dittos next time I'm in Fall River.
Unknownforce, you always say you don't try in friendlies, so I didn't think you were interested in using them for training. If that's what you want to do then you have to tell ZoSo and I that you're going to try, not that you just mess around. Also, if you want to critique each others' game we can, you just have to tell us that's what you want. You don't have to wait for somebody to provoke you to mention these things. If you want to IM me you're class and work schedules I can try and get ZoSo's (provided he has a job...) and figure out when all 3 of us would be available.

Banks

Smash Hero
Yoyo yes you have a good bowser.

Unknown, I was kidding about you being scared of the DK pwnzor isn't a DK god obviously.

But overall I did well. I came close to beating Kalot and Blackmage in my money matches. and in the crew battle we looked like **** because pwnzor got massacred by Green Hunter, but I did take off two falcos and a samus stock. So for a first tourney it went well in my opinion. Seeing as I played as mario i did quite well. And p.s. Green Hunter when you destroyed my falcon remember I don't play falcon :) I did come **** close that second round with good ol' mario. This has just shown me that it's possible to beat the pro's and I will someday.

Hopefully there will be a Cataclysm Part 2

-Banks

pronstarpwnzor

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry
Chops = Too Good

Unknown made me realize my DK has a lot of work to do...

I want a rematch versus your Bowser YoYo... Next time we meet. It's too good

Blackmage: Nice G&W... You guys probly thought I sucked in crews with Link... which I did. rofl
But maybe I redeemed myself a tad with Ganon.. meh Maybe next time I will have a true character.

Whitemage: Didn't get to play you besides in teams

Green Hunter: Thanks for ****** my Link. First time I ever played a Samus... I got work to do!

KoreanDJ: Stole my 3 dollars which was supposed to buy me a DQ blizzard... arg

Best Line by Kailot versus Thorn's Yoshi after getting spiked: "This **** is weird, yo"

Most Memorable moments:

Getting 3 stocked by blackmage

Bringing Roga's Fox down to his last stock with Doc... Then getting 3 stocked by his Mario :O

Chops teaching me how to play DK

Mages you guys should hold more tourneys... NSG would attend all... And next time we meet lets do another crew battle.

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
Just for the record, Yo-Yo, I was planning on putting you in my shoutouts the first time I was writing it out. So what happened to that? The power went out. Then two hours later, it slipped my mind. Sorry about that, but I gotta say, that Bowser's been giving me trouble for a while. I'll beat it, as long as I don't end up on Yoshi's Story or Battlefield. I can't believe I got stuck under that crappy ledge!!

Banks - I can't help but notice that it looks like you think I was bragging about beating you. If that was the case, then it was never my intention. Especially since I said you and your entire crew did well. Not to add insult to injury, but I also remember you saying that you didn't play Falcon. With a little work, that Mario could but up a greater challenge to everyone at the next Cataclysm.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i used mario in the team battles againts banks team. i think. or maybe it was the team earlier but i dont think it was mario maybe doc :p but i cant do dittos vs ur mario ill get crushed urs is to good for me. lol o well maybe i shoudnt have let savai pass me i wouda had a better chance vs wife but thats dat. see you all in the future tourneys :)

Baby

Smash Rookie
First of all to avoid any confusion
CHOSENONE=Baby
(I wanted a new name)
secondly, why isnt my name posted in the results 4 singles?

Baby

Smash Rookie
I had a great time and I would like to make a shout out to all the players in the tourney!
Wife, u sandbagged me in a friendly and u still doublestocked my MewTwo!
BiGG, u sandbagged me in a friendly and Doublestocked my Mewtwo as well!

I officially will no longer play as MewTwo

BigShotTOm u fairly beat me with sheik in singles.
The mages, we had a close game but your team still managed to win.
Hayato, u put up a good fight with your fox and falco and still won.
YoYo, u amazed me with your bowser and doublestocked my iceclimbers.
**** Tom, u double stocked my pika with your peach in a friendly.

However, I am looking forward towards the next tourney as I will officially choose a char. and be more than a match 4 most playas! Later!

Baby

Smash Rookie
P.S. although i did not do too great at the tourney it would help if some peeps added to my reputation. Thanx :)

Banks

Smash Hero
Wow "Baby" you sound like you did exceptionally well!!!!!!!!!!

kidding, you actually did do better than I thought you would. Way better actually.

Hayato thanks man I'm not sure if you are being partially sarcastic, but whatever the case I appreciate the compliment. Makes me want to stick with the good ol' plumber. But alas, the tier ***** in me provokes me to un-rust my old fox for some tourney play. Don't worry, Mario will be back son! Also Hayato you played as sheik and Kalot was Luigi. Remember the "Peace out, yo" ?

That was sweet we didn't do terrible like I assumed we would against the infamous team nutsack. And I hope you don't think I blow after my shameful money match against you. I was warming up.....cough....

Mario blows against Marth, plus you are a friggen Turtle so what could I expect. Surely not a blowout against you. At least I took off a stock and some change.

And Mages please have another tourney I want to kill at the next one. I will practice my thumbs off.

Green Hunter: I wasn't saying you were bragging, but you kicked pwnzor's *** so hard I would brag in your place anyway. lmao.

In closing I believe with a little practice and skill honing the next crew battle between the mages and NSG will be way closer. We were crapping out on that one. Don't know why, but **** happens. And the **** was pwnzor. kidding. no, really....

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Yeah Lowell I know that normally we tend to prefer having fun when we play friendlies, but I think training would be a good thing and in a way would also be more fun since we'd all improve from it and still have fun at the same time most likely. I do mess around alot in friendlies sometimes cause I prefer just going all out offense rather than using strategical thinking, but from now on when we're training I'll play hard, although I don't want you guys holding back either ;) Should be good training and so long as you don't mind I'll point out anythings I notice, and you guys can certainly do the same with my game.

Team Ben makes great use of their teamwork in picking up characters they wish to train against and help one another out, and I bet we can do the same. If there are any characters you guys really hate facing than I can provide practice by using them and vice versa. Also if I do some strategy you dislike I'll stop doing it. I tend to make it a rule of thumb to avoid cheap tactics, but at times I do them without thinking so feel free to point it out if I start doing it and I'll stop. Both you and Dave are highly talented smashers and I think the three of us if we truly train with one another and the other turtles we will do highly well and strengthen our games. Oh and something Dave noted to me about what I did to Mike P at the club, he asked me to do chaingrabbing before the match lol don't ask me why he thought it was funny though.

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
That was a great tourny guys. I wish I had been able to come earlier and get more matches in. Anyways, for my meager shoutouts:

AKC12- I think it was you who got 3300 feet in HRC with Mario in front of me. Glad to see another HRCer there.

BlackMage- Glad to get the chance to play against you again. I'm sure my Jiggly is better than my Falco, but I just like Falco's playstyle a lot more than Jigglypuff's. Amazing G&W as always.

KDJ- Good to see you there, congrats on third place with YoYo in the teams. I can't believe I didn't fight you once. You and your **** money matches. :laugh: I'll see you this Saturday.

Husband- I don't think I actually talked to you, but I was listening to your lecture to WhiteMage on some advanced tactis for Marth. You seem like a pretty cool guy, congrats on winning(?) the tournament, along with Oro, though I didn't see him.

Orky- Thanks for letting me literally follow you around the entire time. That's an awesome Fox you play.

**** Tom- Good to see you there. Ken doesn't stand a chance when you get to him.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
:o yea i remember the peace out yo tactic. but i do recall using the old dr. plumber team doc and luigi in one of our team matches it was good stuff. :D

i didnt really do shoutouts. i guess i do it now.

Turtles - My family, we grown so big! We had the original 5, + unknownforce, yoyo, and a new recruit KoreanDJ! We did awesome, Teams were the best :D id like to congradulate Unknownforce and Roga, + KoreanDJ and Yoyo for doing so well as a team. Too bad you didnt win but you did ur best and thats what its all about. next time well do better. As for singles yoyo and unknownforce did very well placing high. the turtles all came in top 10 except roga whom got alittle bad luck with 13th. Jones did well trying to counter husband and making a comeback and it worked so well until he messed em self up at the final game. Eve scrubed out lol he sucked but still managed to place well. KoreanDJ had a bad day i bet but he did well. SpicTome had a bad luck having to fight eve so early :(. thanks for the food it was good btw :D Good stuff everyone in the family we will continue to play and have some fun and maybe win sometime ;D

Team Ben - Thank you for coming and becoming so goooooood. Im proud of all of u and how u have improved since the last time. Husband for doing so well and taking out jones. and all the sheiks. it shows how much u have improved vs sheik. i didnt play u and i tried to ditto and u tell me to "get away from here" lol. Wife congrats on taking me to the loser bracket. :D it was good stuff nice comeback. You deserve the win after i have taken u out of tourneys b4 and u improved greatly againts sheik as well. OROOROORORORo inspired me to play samus again and he was undefeated. i like ur style congrats. You all have motivated us to play harder, well play again in the future and have some more fun and competition :D You guys deserved the win after training so hard all this time :D And Some HOLDEM POKER!

The Mages - Thanks for hosting this great tournament, things ran as schedule, kinda cold in the gym but hey its october and its fall its gotta be cool in the hall. you guys did pretty good. and i got to play ditto marth againts white mage yay. marth dittos are wack the combos are too rediculous on each other so its so random who will win the match lols. and the GAW has improved greatly black mage :D Good stuff kids.

TI - I had to use falco on u BigG, lol u ***** the **** outa my samus. i got scared, so i pulled out my secret character, too bad its not as good as zang but i hope that gives u some practice vs falco :D Tetra buddie i didnt get to play u but its good to see u again and u did very well :)

The Notorious Smash Guild of MAINE - Banksyoyogame50centsyo you guys are pretty good, the yoshi was good, very suprised at the style and skill. specially from a region no one heards of. :D hopefully you guys wil improve and come to later tourneys. i see great potential in ur crew. the money match was funny stuff sorry if i went so harsh on ur warmup game i shouda picked my real character kirby. :) i enjoy fighting marios with kirby ;D next time maybe. The ice climber was good he almost beat me and he did in the 2nd game ;O

Providence Crew - This is the first time i met u guys and u are pretty dam good. too bad i never knew u guys till now. maybe on the weekends we can smash it up :) Get u guys as good and soon the turtles will grow again with more competition and people to train with :)

Green Hunter - nice samus, sorry if i had to cheese u with falco but u did good :)

To everyone i forgot maybe i update l8ter

OrkyDaBad

Smash Cadet
Good tourney all, I'm just now getting around to shoutouts, and I don't want to do a real long list.

Fungus, haha, cool hanging out with you, had a few laughs and a few friendlies. And Taoman, hope you had fun at your first tourney, I know it can suck losing, it's happened to me an awful lot, just stick with it.

KoreanDJ, I hate you, well, no I don't, but man, I hate Shiek, probably as much as Husband. Next time we play I'm gonna have something besides Fox for you.

Yo-Yo, you're real good man, I like your style of play, it just seems real calm and relaxed. It was definatley fun to play you, good matches, I think I lost more than I won, but still, good matches. Not sure how active I'll be in the tourney scene, but every once in awhile I'll be there, throwing away my money.

Krazy Jones and the Turtles. Everytime I go to a tourney I never talk to you guys, dunno why, guess I'm just shy. I just wanted to say that I can't believe I Fox Illusioned off the side of the stage in that second fight KJ... That tore me up inside, haha. But good fight all the same.

Unkownforce same with you as with the Turtles, I see you at the tourney but I never really talk to you either. Didn't even get to do any matches or anything like that. Oh well, maybe next time.

Liney - I think I had more matches with you than anyone else, we were in that corner for quite awhile. And they were good matches too. It was cool meeting you, hopefully I'll see you around some other tournies. Hopefully I'll make it to some other tournies myself.

BlackMage - I want to get more matches in against your GW... I love playing GW myself, but I dont' think I'm that good with him, and I've certainly never fought a good one before.

**** Tom - Haha, you say I taught you everything, but you're probably better than me now. Thanks for cheering me on against DJ, but after he changed his name, Shiek was just comboing me all over the place, I gotta get a floaty character or something. Was good to see you again man, I'll try to make it to the TGA tourney, but I'm not sure how work is gonna be. Hopefully I'll make it.

Anyone I missed, sorry, I did meet a lot of cool people, and I had a lot of fun. I hate leaving people out but I don't want to type out like 8 pages. Until next time all.

Chopstix

Smash Cadet
Congratulations to everyone that did better than me in the tournament, which was everyone. Dead last! Hell yes! But in all seriousness, I'd like to do some shoutouts:

NSG: Loved getting owned by you guys, and learning some basic techs... I really was a newb when I entered there, but now I'm a little better. DK... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! At least I beat your Ness, Banks. [or was that someone else?]

Husband: Thank you for playing me! It was really cool of you to give me those lessons, but I'm not so sure I should play DK anymore. I'll stay with a low-tier character, though, and work on my Roy. Maybe one day that bumper-sticker will be worth something... lol, right, sure.

The Mages: Great tournament. I didn't get to face you Black, but White owned me while talking to everyone else behind him and trying to sell a sandwich, or something like that. Sucks that DAWes didn't show up and lose his name. I would've loved to have seen that. Looking forward to the MM's.

RawSex: You owned me. Nothing less. Thanks for the practice.

Dali: Very fun playing you, can't wait for that money match. $10, then, once I get the next five. Maybe Husband can send me some from his enormous stack of cash... lol.

PotshotTom: Sorry about the sticks. Gay idea. I'll use them when I get better and have the right. Looking forward to our MM as well.

Wife: Never formally met you, but congratulations on doing so well. I saw you as Team Ben was leaving, and I also heard that you were a really nice guy, so I look forward to seeing you at the next Cataclysm, unless I can go to another tournament somewhere else.

Yo-yo: Great playing with you! You 3-stocked me using random characters, except for your Bowser on the projection screen, where you only 1-stocked me. How I pulled that off is a mystery to me. I think you're an incredible player and should be considered one of the real players.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
if there is a part 2, NSG what would you guys say to a crew match against AZNI next time?

Banks

Smash Hero
Sure you got it roymaster. Just don't cry when your crew loses. :D

And Chops yea that was me, my Ness is so bad that you tooled its *** with a godly Samus. Well actually it was a close battle even though my suckiness with Ness cannot be measured in human terms.

Don't worry Chops you're still the ****in man! YEAH!! YEAH!!!

-Peace from Banks #1 mutha****a

Liney

Smash Cadet
late shout outs

Hayato - I didn't get to play you, but i watched a few of your matches. .

KJ - you are as krazy as i thought you'd be, haha. Great matches, especially the one against Hustband. I enjoyed watching you play.

Unknownforce - Hey, i saw you a round a bit, but never talked to you. i think we had a MM that we never did, o well. You would have won anyway. I would have liked to play you for the experience tho.

Yoyo - I noticed ur bowser, and i thought it was very skilled. I didn't get to play it, but it looked scary, haha.

Orky -Hey. So you're the one that i played a whole bunch of matches with in the corner. We were playing on like, the last t.v, right? Tell if i'm wrong, cuz i don't think i got ur name at the tourney, or i forgot. We had a bunch of cool matches with CF and stuff. You are very skilled. I need to start playing CF more often again.

Oro -I never got a chance to meet you or talk to you, but ur samus is amazing. I watched the match against KJ. That was great. I had no idea you were that good. Congrats to you and ur team.

Wife - Hey, you are a real funny guy. You prolly don't remember me, but i talked to you a bit when u first got there. I was there when u were trying to figure out how the MM would work because you didn't have a 5$ bill. Congrats to ur team and how you placed in singles. I really wanted to play you...

Husband - Sweet marth! Too bad we never got to play a real match. I wanted to do a marth ditto with you. You'd poon me, but it would be good experience. Btw, i was the kid that was using sheik when you game the lessons on how to play a sheik with marth. I had a little trouble grabbing you, haha.

Chosen One - i dont think i got to play or talk to you even once, oh well. maybe next time.

Big G - Hey man. Your samus is awesome. Good thing we never did our money match because you owned me in our friendlys. thanks for the compliments tho. I do need a lot more experience and practice. I was a little too nervous and couldn't play as good as i usually do. Not that its a lot better, but still quite a bit.

Tetra -Hey dude. We got quite a few friendlys in at the corner of the room. Your fox is pretty sweet. Plays a bit like mine. Thanks for the compliments as well. your a pretty well rounded player. You placed pretty good in singles.

OmegaBlackMage - So you thought i'd look a lot younger, eh? Well, today is my birthday. I just turned 16, but just about everyone says i look closer to 18, haha. You pretty much owned me in the MM, but i still enjoyed it. We had a few cool friendlys in as well. I with i could have played my marth against ur G&W because my fox was totally countered. My marth had been playing real bad that day tho, so i decided to avoid him. BTW, nice job running the tourney.

KoreanDJ - Hey, i think i got to play a few matches with you. I kinda forget exactly who you were tho. Sorry about that.

Pwn - Hey man! WERE THE NH CREW! haha. Its really cool that i got to meet you because there is like, no one other than sexy and marc (the guys that were with me) that i can play here in NH. We should definitely get together more often and smash it up. Btw, this weekend is fine for you to come to my house. You just need a ride. Hopefully we can improve and start competing with 'the good ones.'

Well, i can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. Sorry if i missed you. Everyone i played, thanks for the experience and great matches. I look forward to attending more tournaments. There should definitely be a Catacysm part 2. I would definitely to it. Nice job running the thing so smoothely. You got the singles and doubles tournaments done quick so there was a lot of time for friendly matches.

Oh yeah. Anyone who like, I met and talked to at the tourney, my AIM sn is ICanRunRealGood or Everlastingliney. I'd like to talk to you all cuz you're so cool. Post ur sn as well, please.

Top Bottom