• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
I feel like it's time for me to actually post another thing on this thread as I've been lurking on it for so long. Either way I've wanted Roy back in smash bros for a long time just haven't been really vocal about it. A bit on topic though really hoping he gets revealed on Sunday and that leak looks really fake.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Personally, I don't really mind which outfit he wears. It'd be cool for him to have both his FE6 and FE13 appearances as alternate costumes, regardless of whether they change his moves.

If he is a full clone again, do you think he'll make the transition into Smash 5? Although I'm happy to see him coming back, I think both he and Lucina will be very low priority characters next time.

Then again, I guess that's the entire point of DLC. Also, forgive me if you've had this discussion already.

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
Yeah i'm indifferent on which design gets used. I could also see them going either way with it because of the nostalgia factor.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
For his design they can Make :

7 classic + 1 Awakening

Or
7 Awakening + 1 classic

Pick One .

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Personally, I don't really mind which outfit he wears. It'd be cool for him to have both his FE6 and FE13 appearances as alternate costumes, regardless of whether they change his moves.

If he is a full clone again, do you think he'll make the transition into Smash 5? Although I'm happy to see him coming back, I think both he and Lucina will be very low priority characters next time.

Then again, I guess that's the entire point of DLC. Also, forgive me if you've had this discussion already.
By Smash 5, I think he'd be around mid-tier in priority. It all depends on what the FE and Smash fans want for Smash 5. People like what Kamui could do, even though FE:if is yet to be released, so he could be a possible newcomer. Otherwise by then, Roy would have had his game remade and localised, so he'd be considered 'relevant' by that time. Sadly I don't have future sight like Shulk or Garnet, so this is just a rough guess.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I really don't mind either way what outfit he ends up with. I'd just like to see him back, lmao.
His Awakening outfit is too gorgeous to totally ignore, though. In a perfect world, having both his FE6/Melee and Awakening designs available would be... well, perfect. Hah.

But I don't know if that would happen. Would be cool to see, though! Even though FE13 Roy looks infinitely taller and overall just older than FE6 Roy.

I honestly think this depends on a multitude of things. Character reception, development time available for 5mash, veteran priority, whether or not movesets have to be overhauled, etc. I'd like to think that none of the characters would be low priority, but... v-v"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You want the design of Awakening and you dare call yourself a Roy fan! Awakening design is Basically the Mercenary outfit,very generic and common, has nothing to do with Roy.
It's still a great fit for him and it makes him look much more experienced and older than he was in Melee. It also gives him a revamped look that would be vital especially so people don't go about with their 3rd Marth routine. I've also seen a lot of YT videos were people specifically want to see Roy with his Awakening attire in Smash.

For his design they can Make :

7 classic + 1 Awakening

Or
7 Awakening + 1 classic

Pick One .
The later no question.

I really don't mind either way what outfit he ends up with. I'd just like to see him back, lmao.
His Awakening outfit is too gorgeous to totally ignore, though. In a perfect world, having both his FE6/Melee and Awakening designs available would be... well, perfect. Hah.

But I don't know if that would happen. Would be cool to see, though! Even though FE13 Roy looks infinitely taller and overall just older than FE6 Roy.
I would have him with his FE13 outfit alongside having an FE6 variation for one of his palette swaps. Something along the lines of this...

1. Awakening
2. Awakening (Red)
3. Awakening (Blue)
4. Awakening (Green)
5. Awakening (Gold)
6. Awakening (FE6 varation)
7. Awakening (Marth varation)

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
I'd really prefer his Melee/Binding Blade outfit, but wouldn't be terribly disappointed if he had his Awakening outfit.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's another thing. Should he be a full clone like he was in Melee, theirs a good chance he might get the boot in the game. Having a decloned moveset will ensure that he stays in the roster like Ike as he represents a very important part of the FE franchise.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Honestly, I think we're still not gonna get his Awakening-design. As much as it looks cool, it's still based on Awakening's Mercenary/Hero-class, which wouldn't really represent Roy much as it would represent one of the lesser parts of Awakening. Not to mention, Marth still uses his FE12-design while Ike is Radiant Dawn-style. Personally, I think it'd also make Roy look too "rowdy" in the cast of FE-chars.

I think they could try touching up Roy's design with say, mixing his FE6-one with Melee's. Aside from that, I don't get why we need his Awakening-design so much. It's not that iconic on him aside from downloadable content in Awakening, and doesn't really lend on representing Roy's memorable moments or appearances in his history.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
literally a 1 day and a couple of hours left into possibly both ryu and roy's reveal.Man the hype is killing me.However roy end up i hope he's atleast mid-tier and has the awakening gear as an alt

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's still a lot more appealing then his FE6 attire and it's a much cooler look for him. That's all that really matters really. A lot of people including myself want to see it implemented in the game.

He can always have a BB inspired pallet in the game.

and has the awakening gear as an alt
(internet high 5)

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Awakening Roy looks like a Final Fantasy character. The designs that Marth and Ike got in Smash are far superior to their Awakening designs, so I'm guessing and hoping we'll see 3 for 3.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think they could try touching up Roy's design with say, mixing his FE6-one with Melee's. Aside from that, I don't get why we need his Awakening-design so much. It's not that iconic on him aside from downloadable content in Awakening, and doesn't really lend on representing Roy's memorable moments or appearances in his history.
Like Dr. Mario Modern Design with the Melee's Black Pants?

Would be Roy Binding Blade Armor and General Design with the Melee's Purple Cape :p

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I could see his Awakening design getting in if Sakurai really likes it and has a certain envision for Roy in which that design would help capture. The problem is, it isn't that iconic to Roy himself and I could see him going for an updated Melee design (or FE6). But even if we do get his Awakening design (costume or not), Sakurai has done a lot more questionable things, so I don't think it's a big deal. Hell, it's more questionable that Roy's a Marth clone imo. Roy's swordplay with the SoS (and abilities) is way different than Marth's (they use different types of swords anyway). But what's done is done.

Best case scenario for me is if Roy gets a totally new design that's based on his appearance in an upcoming FE6 remake (or sequel). :upsidedown: Belieeeeve~

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
All hail the only original fighter Smash Bros ever had (by technicality)

I like the Awakening design too much to think it shouldn't be in the game. It's pretty generic and non-roy-ish, but if Little Mac is going to receive costumes for a game he wasn't even in, then Roy kinda deserves one for the FE game that brought him to the west.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
It's still a great fit for him and it makes him look much more experienced and older than he was in Melee. It also gives him a revamped look that would be vital especially so people don't go about with their 3rd Marth routine. I've also seen a lot of YT videos were people specifically want to see Roy with his Awakening attire in Smash.
First, what a design have to do with Roy being a clone or not ? Do you know that Roy being a clone of Marth is actually quite faithful to the original game? I would say he would be Luigified nothing more don't hope for more either.

Second, what is it so appealing in a design that's used by generic units:

If you ask me this is obviously designer after Ike's RD Hero design.
and do you know how much of an after thought the design is in Int Sys eyes ?

This.

I'd rather see Inigo in the Mercenary attire more than Roy, Why ? because it was tailored for him not for Roy, man you should know that nothing about this design is reminiscent to Roy.

I posted 4 of my stages and very very subtly :chuckle: promoted Roy in my posts

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKwSwsPA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKwTU-ig

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKwUl6MA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKwVejuQ

--

Holy **** guys, chill.

--

I feel like we go back and forth in circles too much on which design should be used. There's a lot of pros and cons to both. I personally feel we should try get both instead of worry about which specific one he'll get. I would love to play as both. I've given a lot of ballot/Miiverse feedback on this, and you guys are welcome to join me. I'm not worried about one costume getting one palette, we seem to either get 4 palettes per costume (in most cases) or 16 whole palettes with Little Mac.

The Awakening art for Roy is extremely epic, and so is his art on the cover of FE6, so there's no reason we should leave one behind until we have confirmation from Nintendo if that'll be the case. Sure the other DLC characters don't have alts and Mewtwo doesn't have custom specials but let's try and change that with Roy himself.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
First, what a design have to do with Roy being a clone or not ? Do you know that Roy being a clone of Marth is actually quite faithful to the original game? I would say he would be Luigified nothing more don't hope for more either.

Second, what is it so appealing in a design that's used by generic units:

If you ask me this is obviously designer after Ike's RD Hero design.
and do you know how much of an after thought the design is in Int Sys eyes ?

This.

I'd rather see Inigo in the Mercenary attire more than Roy, Why ? because it was tailored for him not for Roy, man you should know that nothing about this design is reminiscent to Roy.
Relax man. All i'm saying is that the Awakening attire would be a great look for Roy in Smash Bros.

I don't see how Roy being a Marth clone is faithful to his game because they both use different swords and their a lot different. Lucina makes sense as a Marth clone as she poses as him in her game.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I wouldn't say that. Search up "Roy Ryu leak" on youtube. Most videos have Awakening Roy as its thumbnail. It's clear that a lot of people associate Roy's Awakening design with, uh, Roy. And I don't think they'd use the generic Mercenary attire, but use Roy's official artwork since it's more stylized (or maybe even add some touch-ups, like maybe drop the shoulder shield and have the cape positioned from his neck, etc.) if they want to go for his Awakening design.

Holy **** guys, chill.

--

I feel like we go back and forth in circles too much on which design should be used. There's a lot of pros and cons to both. I personally feel we should try get both instead of worry about which specific one he'll get. I would love to play as both. I've given a lot of ballot/Miiverse feedback on this, and you guys are welcome to join me. I'm not worried about one costume getting one palette, we seem to either get 4 palettes per costume (in most cases) or 16 whole palettes with Little Mac.

The Awakening art for Roy is extremely epic, and so is his art on the cover of FE6, so there's no reason we should leave one behind until we have confirmation from Nintendo if that'll be the case. Sure the other DLC characters don't have alts and Mewtwo doesn't have custom specials but let's try and change that with Roy himself.
Yeah, we always seem to go in circles with this argument. It's fine if you prefer Roy to have his Melee design. It's fine if you want his Awakening design. It's fine if you want whatever design. Because at the end of the day, Roy's our boy no matter how he looks, and I'm sure he'd have a kickass design either way.

Last edited:

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see Roy's Awakening design as an alt, but certainly not as his foremost outfit. Sure, it's an interesting and cool-looking design, but it's not the Roy I loved to play way back in 2003 and still love playing to this day. If Smash is meant to be a celebration of Nintendo's history, I just can't justify having an optional DLC design being the face of such a beloved character.

By all means, have it be an option -- pull a Little Mac and give Roy eight colour swaps for each design, and everybody would be happy. To me, though, it's just not Roy enough to be him, and especially not be a preferred design. FE6 Lord Roy all the way.

I want to see a design where Roy realizes his potential. Not simply from the hero he is at the end of FE6, no. Even though he surpassed Hartmut himself, there's much more potential he has shown from his endings and how much Elibe still needs. Not from his Mercenary attire where he's in a basic class with a basic weapon, even if he seems aged or taller. It has to be from a few more years of age and accomplishments, similar to his fellow Fire Emblem veterans. None of his current designs show that. That horrid leak certainly doesn't do that by throwing him back a class while throwing Ike forward a few classes and Marth forward a game. It's something we have yet to see, and I'm hoping on it because I know it'll blow everything else he has out of the water. I hope we see something new here. Something that could be used if Binding Blade ever does get a sequel...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd love to see Roy's Awakening design as an alt, but certainly not as his foremost outfit. Sure, it's an interesting and cool-looking design, but it's not the Roy I loved to play way back in 2003 and still love playing to this day. If Smash is meant to be a celebration of Nintendo's history, I just can't justify having an optional DLC design being the face of such a beloved character.

By all means, have it be an option -- pull a Little Mac and give Roy eight colour swaps for each design, and everybody would be happy. To me, though, it's just not Roy enough to be him, and especially not be a preferred design. FE6 Lord Roy all the way.
Naw. Awakening is a better choice as a default. BB can be a secondary really.

Go to YT and you;ll see that a lot of people prefer the Awakening attire over the BB one.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
While I was not the biggest fan of the FE characters in Melee, I thought Roy looked cool. Hope he keeps his Melee outfit.

But most excited to see new moves. I think he will be luigified because he was slated for Brawl (where clones were given such treatment).

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Naw. Awakening is a better choice as a default. BB can be a secondary really.

Go to YT and you;ll see that a lot of people prefer the Awakening attire over the BB one.
People who know Roy from Melee won't even recognize him. Only fans of FE will.
He's more easily identifiable in his original attire.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
People who know Roy from Melee won't even recognize him. Only fans of FE will.
He's more easily identifiable in his original attire.
They would just see his hair and they would know that it's him lol.

Melee fans will get over it and they will grow to like the change as time passes. Besides, their mostly interested in seeing his neutral B back and stuff so I doubt the outfit would bother them that much.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
Hey everyone, just check in for the pre-mini Direct hype! Anyways, Roy's costume is really is a hot debate here isn't it? His Awakening costume is awesome. If he had it it would differentiate him more from Marth. And if anything, I think they might go with that one. It would be nice if he can have both too, like maybe 4 Awakening, 4 original.

Shog

Smash Ace
This looks way to real to be fake btw...
My sister gonna like this. She liked Roy waaay back in Melee ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom