• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I think there could be a way to pull off ice climbers actually, ya know how you have the lumas and Zelda's phantom attack? You could have the usual ice climber attacks, summoning a partner with the attack while only playing a single character. Maybe even summon the second climber for a short period like the Lumas.

As for staying on actual topic, I am super hyped for the upcoming smash direct ^-^ im really hoping to see more returning characters as well as maybe some new faces.
what woudl be epic would be if while the WII u has palutena's guidence
If the 3ds got the return of Snake Codec ^_^ Ya dont even need to do much work, just comment on how a couple characters have changed and make new lines for new fighters. Most of it could be just repeats ^_^.
also making the snake Vs snake fights sound like Snake vs Big Boss ^_^ THAT WOULD BE SWEET!

Gah im just so hyper about all this!! Looking forward to Sunday and the comming up e3 ^_^

What do you guys think of this? Join in if you want. Template below:

Hey guys, so I was thinking of getting a FE game, how does Roy look in Awakening?
He has epic artwork, but the problem with DLC characters is that they don't have unique dialogue, models, supports, family options, etc. after recruiting them. They do have insane classing options and skills, though. You can get Outrealm characters after Ch3 or 4. Roy's map is $3, it's Champions of Yore 2. It's one of the easier DLC maps and you can probably beat it as soon as you unlock it. You can get Roy's original appearance for free from Bonus Box, he's a Lv20 promoted unit and either requires a lot of gold or defeating a fierce team to recruit. You can have both of those Roys on the same team.

I think there could be a way to pull off ice climbers actually, ya know how you have the lumas and Zelda's phantom attack? You could have the usual ice climber attacks, summoning a partner with the attack while only playing a single character. Maybe even summon the second climber for a short period like the Lumas.

As for staying on actual topic, I am super hyped for the upcoming smash direct ^-^ im really hoping to see more returning characters as well as maybe some new faces.
If the 3ds got the return of Snake Codec ^_^ Ya dont even need to do much work, just comment on how a couple characters have changed and make new lines for new fighters. Most of it could be just repeats ^_^.
also making the snake Vs snake fights sound like Snake vs Big Boss ^_^ THAT WOULD BE SWEET!

Gah im just so hyper about all this!! Looking forward to Sunday and the comming up e3 ^_^
I like the Ice Climbers idea. Codec as a 3DS exclusive is a pretty good idea. I'd like to see Shadow Moses on the 3DS with it. Maybe even a really fleshed-out MGS stage on the Wii U, but that may kill the exclusivity of the Codec. Who knows? We have Kid Icarus stages on both versions, after all.

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
*rolls in* It's been a while!

I can't believe Nintendo's E3 is less than a week away now. And the Smash info on Sunday, too. Here's hoping the boi is revealed in that HD glory... but I'm making sure to keep my feelings in check a little-- I don't want to get too hyped and then get sad if it doesn't happen.
Though I will be grateful for any new character that may get thrown our way.

The idea of the Codec being a 3DS thing is cool, seeing as though the Wii U has Palutena's Guidance. o: I would be totally down for that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope you guys have practiced your "surprised" reactions to Roy being confirmed. :roypm:

We gotta convince Daddy Sakurai that Roy is a surprise still... even though we all know he's in! :laugh:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527

I can't believe Nintendo's E3 is less than a week away now. And the Smash info on Sunday, too. Here's hoping the boi is revealed in that HD glory... but I'm making sure to keep my feelings in check a little-- I don't want to get too hyped and then get sad if it doesn't happen.

The idea of the Codec being a 3DS thing is cool, seeing as though the Wii U has Palutena's Guidance. o: I would be totally down for that.
Adeptmune make an amazing comeback!

Sorry, but someone had to do this! ^^;
On serious note, 64 hours and 20 minutes till the sunday direct!

Hey guys, I had a few ideas for stages to tie into Roy's inclusion.

Idea #1: Western Isles
Our first non-transforming water stage with villages that randomly open and close, they buff you (similar to Find Mii on the 3DS) if you visit them in time, and you get gold coins after each battle after visiting villages (to farm coins). It could be a way for players to get DLC that helps them build up coins without going into the icky realm of microtransactions

My ballot vote for it:
Roy is highly requested with lots of unique charm and the most declone potential. I love FE6 and would love to see his potential realized along with a stage. An idea I had was the Western Isles. Villages could randomly open and close, and visiting a village on time would buff you like Find Mii on 3DS. After a battle, you’d be rewarded gold via villages, a way to grind for gold offered via DLC without microtransactions. It’d be our first non-transforming water map, for full swimming access.

Idea #2: Bern
A mashup of the more epic FE6 all-out war maps between The Lycia Alliance and Bern, mainly Chapter 21, could be an 8 player map to add to the chaos. Hazards could be random weapons such as spears, axes, and arrows falling from the sky, troops firing ranged weapons in the background you can dispatch, incoming melee soldiers that you can take down with a hit or two (since you're that late in the game and that's FE tradition :awesome:), mamkute breath, incoming wyverns that you could hop on and fight on during a transformation sequence that can spear/slash you if you wander into weapon range or don't react fast enough, random bandit reinforcements in the mountains, and Zephiel randomly shooting down lightning bolts with his sexy battle animation in HD.

My ballot vote for it:
Roy is loved and requested far and wide, and would be quick and easy to make. GBA FE has no stages or fighters so this could be Roy's chance.

Stage: Bern

A mashup of FE6's most epic battles with the Lycia Alliance vs. Bern. It could be a large, chaotic 8 player map, mainly based on Chapter 21 of Binding Blade. Hazards could include random wyverns, bandit reinforcements, mamkute breath, stray spells, and Zephiel as a stage boss with his epic battle animations shooting lightning bolts everywhere.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas to add on? I encourage any of you interested to send these to the ballot and/or Nintendo's email at nintendo@noa.com. Possibly even spread the word on Twitter, Tumblr, etc. or maybe even GameFAQ's and r/fireemblem to show that there are genuine FE fans who like Roy. I wouldn't bother checking the comments on those particular last two sites, haha.

Welcome back :joyful:man, the thread exploded since you were gone. I think we at least doubled in posts since then. Let's hope our victory is in store next week!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

omg you're back

*group hug*

I hope you guys have practiced your "surprised" reactions to Roy being confirmed. :roypm:

We gotta convince Daddy Sakurai that Roy is a surprise still... even though we all know he's in! :laugh:
I'd still be hyped to see Roy... And I'm tempted to record myself watching the direct in case Roy does get revealed because my reaction would be me like screaming in joy for like 5 min straight lmao.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We thought you were gone forever @ Adeptmune Adeptmune lol

But now that your back, your just in time for Roy's grand return!

Here is the Miiverse community for E3 2015!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073690598758/14866558073690598760

Please post any Roy support you have in here, link posts here once you're done so we can support them, and I ask any skilled Gamepad artists to please lend a hand in bringing great Roy art to this community. Spread the word! Let's persuade them to announce our boy, and even if they don't, that's even more fuel for Nintendo to make the Roy hype train take off once it has enough.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
@ Croph Croph -- GROUP HUGS? Awh man I love group hugs!

Here is the Miiverse community for E3 2015!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073690598758/14866558073690598760

Please post any Roy support you have in here, link posts here once you're done so we can support them, and I ask any skilled Gamepad artists to please lend a hand in bringing great Roy art to this community. Spread the word! Let's persuade them to announce our boy, and even if they don't, that's even more fuel for Nintendo to make the Roy hype train take off once it has enough.
Once I get home from work I'll be sure to check out Miiverse. C: Just saw this on FB too, so exciting!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd still be hyped to see Roy... And I'm tempted to record myself watching the direct in case Roy does get revealed because my reaction would be me like screaming in joy for like 5 min straight lmao.
Like I've said since last year Sir Ma'am Lord Crophophers...

...2014 was the Year of the Waifu, and 2015 is the Year of the Husbando. ;) :roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Welcome back Adeptmune! Things has been quite on a roll towards the upcoming Sunday.

TBH, I still want Roy just be confirmed, because non-visual leaks are, at the end, non-visual leaks. I'm constantly at edge of my seat, hoping he's not part of some massive scam by most of the dataminers (even most trusted ones, showing how they're willing to pull a prank on Smash-community)

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I wish I could, but it all depends on the time of the event! If it's already passed by the time I wake up, then you'll see my surprised reaction!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord

My man JohnKnight is back! Where have you been man?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

What do you guys think of this? Join in if you want. Template below:

He has epic artwork, but the problem with DLC characters is that they don't have unique dialogue, models, supports, family options, etc. after recruiting them. They do have insane classing options and skills, though. You can get Outrealm characters after Ch3 or 4. Roy's map is $3, it's Champions of Yore 2. It's one of the easier DLC maps and you can probably beat it as soon as you unlock it. You can get Roy's original appearance for free from Bonus Box, he's a Lv20 promoted unit and either requires a lot of gold or defeating a fierce team to recruit. You can have both of those Roys on the same team.

I like the Ice Climbers idea. Codec as a 3DS exclusive is a pretty good idea. I'd like to see Shadow Moses on the 3DS with it. Maybe even a really fleshed-out MGS stage on the Wii U, but that may kill the exclusivity of the Codec. Who knows? We have Kid Icarus stages on both versions, after all.
To be fair Roy's debut game was Melee, not Binding Blade. Other than that, it looks great!

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438

As convincing as the evidence is, it isn't over until he's revealed.
I will still consider him a surprise when/if he's revealed.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Like I've said since last year Sir Ma'am Lord Crophophers...

...2014 was the Year of the Waifu, and 2015 is the Year of the Husbando. ;) :roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:
It really is. Have you seen the new Emblem-Amie feature in FE: if? Year of the Husbando indeed... Now, if only you can use it with DLC characters *looks at Marth* :troll:

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
It really is. Have you seen the new Emblem-Amie feature in FE: if? Year of the Husbando indeed... Now, if only you can use it with DLC characters *looks at Marth* :troll:
I guess I'm the only one who is...uh..."disturbed" by the feature.

royalblue

Smash Cadet

SHE LIVES!

Welcome back, Adeptmune! I was hoping you'd be back before E3.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
ROYAL! HI! *snugs* It's been a while! ;-;

Just posted a drawing to the E3 Miiverse of Roy.
It seems to have gained a little traction already, yay! vwv The Gamepad is...interesting to draw on, that's for sure. |D

Literally the only time I would ever use the feature is so I could pet Marth's and Ike's faces. Oh man. Outside of that though, I'm not interested. xD

My e-mail to Nintendo on getting Roy (hopefully) decloned:

My ballot vote was too limited (500 characters) for this, so I figured I'd write an e-mail. I ask that you please forward this to Sakurai, or at least provide me with an address to e-mail him personally with. These are ideas I know he will enjoy and see a lot of potential in.

I have been pushing for Roy's return for five years, and I have a lot of ideas for his return. If any of you feels like Roy isn't a justifiable character to add as DLC, I encourage you to write back, as I've done my homework on the topic and can give many reasons why he's one of the best, most profitable, and most relevant picks who would bring plenty of content to Nintendo overall as a DLC character for Super Smash Bros. and why he is a very welcome addition to represent Nintendo's rich history outside of all of those more superficial reasons. After all, you can't spell history without "roy."

I feel like he should definitely be decloned and made more unique, similar to Falco and Luigi. However, I think he has even more potential than that. With his unique animations, flame projectiles which have a lot of potential as shown by Robin, Palutena, and Zelda who have barely tapped into fire's potential which Roy specializes in, his ability to heal himself with the Sealed Sword, the ability to seal foes in ice as shown by the Champion's Blade manga, his acrobatic prowess, his brusque fighting style, and his unique attributes in Melee such as fast-falling, a mid-blade sweetspot that favored aggressive play and pressure, his unique special and multi-hit moves, falling into the rare glass cannon archetype, and his trajectory on moves being far different from Marth and Lucina's, I feel like he has the potential to not only be a returning veteran for those who enjoyed his charm and unique personality; not only in Fire Emblem, but Smash as well, but also pretty much a newcomer through a declone. How so?

To avoid alienating veteran players, he could carry the same playstyle, a lot of the similar combos/strings, similar function in moves, movement, and general play, and carry some of his stronger moves either unchanged, improved, or simply given new animations. To defeat "third Marth" complaints and complaints of Roy being "weak," provide fans with one of the most requested and loved characters and veterans, and create a truly unique character with Roy realizing his potential, a declone route is wise. How do we start on this? I have a lot of ideas I'd like to present.

SMASHES:

1: Forward Smash:
A staple move of Roy's, with a lot of power and satisfaction behind it.
A terrifying move, being beefy with a fair amount of range in the sweetspot.
How do we make it even more unique and satisfying?
I suggest having Roy step forward with the move, slamming with his whole weight put into it in a two-handed swing. He is exposed longer than Marth, and he exposes himself to the foe more by moving forward, but the attack hits fairly hard. Being tipped, it doesn't deal much damage, but it sends the foe far enough away for Roy to recover and rush right back into the fight, fixing one of his biggest problems in Melee where he could be easily punished for landing a tipped move.

2: Up Smash:
Fire moves look beautiful in the newest iteration, and multi-hit moves feel just right. I feel like this move should be ported directly over, but with an animation more faithful to Roy's game, where he raises his blade over his head with two hands and ignites it.

3: Down Smash:
Roy's double swing hit really hard, but I feel like it shouldn't stay. It wasn't quite a staple move on Roy, and there's already many characters with it.
Please replace the move with a strong, downward lunge that creates a slow-moving wall of flame that moves forwards. It has a fair amount of power, and is about as tall as Roy, even if this would be Roy's weakest Smash Attack, and could set up for a combo via an aerial or a way for Roy to retreat and form better ground. Too many swordsmen have a two-hit Down Smash, and I feel like this would really make Roy stand out and bring a unique move to Smash.
One-handed lunge.

TILTS:

1: Jab
I feel like Roy's jab from Melee would be a good choice to keep exactly the same. It feels unique enough from Marth's and Lucina's, and I like the move.
One-handed swing.

2: Forward Tilt:
Roy gives a short, feint slash horizontally that lets out a slow-moving horizontal flame. It doesn't cover as much vertical range as Marth and Lucina's forward tilt, but it covers slightly more horizontal space with a lingering hitbox and the move comes out and ends about as fast.
One-handed swing.

3: Down Tilt:
I enjoyed the downwards stab that popped foes upwards to combo into them.
I feel like it's highly important to keep it as a combo move, but with an animation that makes popping up a foe more logical. Perhaps a swing at the feet, similar to Ike's, with the speed of Marth/Lucina's downward stab.
One-handed move.

4: Up Tilt:
This move could start at the opposite end of where Marth/Lucina's starts, similar to Donkey Kong. It moves slower, but it creates some lingering flames, good for catching air dodges or foes who try to dance around Roy in the air, but it leaves him exposed for a bigger punish opportunity if they play around it.
Two-handed swing.

AERIALS:

1: Neutral Air:
I like the two swings from Melee. I feel like they should be made event more extreme than Marth's, where they take even more time to come out, but they hit harder.
Alternative: Roy could use his acrobatic ability to spin with forward flips, similar to Sonic, with his blade. Less reach than Marth/Lucina, but it's more constant coverage around him.
One-handed swings, or two-handed spin.

2: Forward Air:
A one-handed forward lunge where Roy pulls his arm back and delivers a vicious, fiery thrust forward that could be a knockout move could work really well. It could be the first aerial to be angled like a tilt, too. This would be faithful to his original fighting style with rapiers and bring something unique to Smash overall.

3: Back Air:
Roy could give a surprise turn-around swing in an arc, similar to Marth's back air but with a two-handed swing. This would let the player balance between a high-knockback, long horizontal range lunge, or a general arc to swat them away, and would give a lot of room to have fun with turnarounds on aerials.

4: Down Air:
I like the old move, and I can see where it can be made more unique. Roy could swing with two hands, having decent power at the tip and below, a lot of power at the mid-blade, but having an incredible amount of power where his arms and hands are at any given part of the move, hitting with a vicious meteor that ignites foes if his arms and hands land a blow.

5: Up Air:
His old juggling move was nice. I suggest making it a two-handed swing with a decent amount of power behind it, good for juggles. Since Roy excels at the ground more than the air, this will help Roy show that it's a bad idea to be directly above him if you're near the ground.

THROWS:

I feel like a blend of Marth and Ike's throws could work really well for Roy, or just Marth's throws. Either way, they'd look really good on him, and still function really well. Pit and Dark Pit also have throws that would work well on him or blend well with other types of throws.

SPECIALS:

1: Flare Blade:
The good ol' 5 second, 50 damage charge. I feel like this move should remain a 50 damage OHKO, since it doesn't have as much range as Ike's Eruption. Super Armor would be a welcome addition to this move, too. Marth has a lunge, Ike has a plummeting sword, Roy has an overhead swing. A welcome dynamic.

2: Double-Edged Dance:
I always enjoyed this move on Roy much more than Marth and Lucina's Dancing Blade. However, I can see it becoming even more fleshed-out, unique, and satisfying. There could be more experimentation and use of Roy's flame projectiles. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th horizontal swings could all be horizontal flame projectiles, each larger than the previous. Downwards swings can form walls of fire, while the multi-hit stab at the end of the downwards variation (it looked so much better and felt much more satisfying on Roy than Marth/Lucina to me) is kept and beefed up, it could become even more of a throwback to Roy's fencing days. The fourth hit upwards can form a Palutena-esque (with her Up Smash) vertical pillar of flame. All of these would have new animations to differentiate them from Dancing Blade a lot, keeping the final horizontal and upwards variations as finishing moves while the final downwards strike racks up lots of fiery damage. How do you feel about that? A variable projectile in some parts, and strong melee swings in the others.
Weaker swings could be one handed, while all finishers would be two-handed.

3: Blazer:
I really liked this move as a recovery move, as it annoyed pesky edgeguarders, and seemed like a whole new move compared to Dolphin Slash. I don't think it needs to change, I think it'll look beautiful after seeing Mega Man's Flame Sword.

4: Counter:
This move was really unique and fun! I loved how skill-based it was, with the variable damage and short window to land. It could remain a hard-to-hit move that would be weak if it countered weak moves, but to compensate for that, it could have a much higher damage multiplier than other counters, like 2x or 3x against all moves; an entirely different damage and knockback formula than the counters we had both in Brawl and here.
Alternative: He could do away with the counter entirely with a move that coats his sword in more flame the longer the button is held. The longer it's held, the longer its effect will last, and the more damage it will deal while active. All non-fire moves will be blessed with fire, and all fire moves will have even more fire. This will motivate the player to score more star KO's to get more opportunities for a full five second charge. Using Flare Blade at any point during this charge removes the whole charge, but all of its power goes into Flare Blade. Let's say you charge down-b for two seconds and immediately Flare Blade, you can either release instantly for 2 seconds worth of power, or continue charging for 3 more seconds for a full hit instead of 5 full seconds.
If the Alternative is chosen, I urge that you please place Roy's old Counter (first idea) into Custom Specials.

FINAL SMASH:

I have multiple ideas on this. I feel like Roy has many potential options, and this is only the surface of it.

1: Final Flame:
Roy coats the ground of the entire battlefield in magma, showing his mastery of ground combat, and launches flame waves, orbs, pillars, and walls around the battlefield for a period of time.

2: True Potential:
Roy promotes into a new, third-tier class that Smash would introduce. He possesses the most powerful, intense swordfighting on the roster with this final smash, showing the true potential of a hero. All attacks bounce off of him, similar to when a highly-experienced unit in Fire Emblem who has realized their potential fights much weaker units. This new class could be tied in with a Binding Blade sequel, wink wink.

CUSTOM SPECIALS:

If Roy does receive custom specials, I have two sets in mind.
1: Marth's specials from Melee. This would appeal to those who liked Marth in his debut iteration, gaining sales and attention from them. This would also add some defensive opportunities to Roy, for those who find his playstyle too risky but still want to play him, or for those who want a certain balance in their offensive and defensive play.
2: New, exciting variants that open up Roy to even more opportunities to be a hazardous, glass cannon fighter.

B:
1: Default (Flare Blade)
2: Marth's Shield Breaker swing from Melee. Lots of shield damage, less time to charge up.
3: A swing that can't be charged up, but it deals more damage than an uncharged swing from default.
Alternative for 3: A move that has weaker damage scaling, but can be charged for 10 seconds and hits for up to 100 or 150 damage.

Up-B:
1: Default (Blazer)
2: A Blazer variant that functions like Marth's Melee Dolphin Slash, where it's incredibly strong at the start but really weak at the end. Reverse Dolphin Slash, or Dolphin Slash out of shield for knockouts from Marth were extremely satisfying and I liked when that move used to be a reliable kill move. The start of the move could have an explosion, to make it logical for Roy and unique.
3: A shorter-distance Blazer with really strong flame, damage, and knockback throughout the whole move.

Side-B:
1: Default (Double-Edged Dance)
2: Classic Double-Edged Dance. While the default has been decloned and made highly unique, there can always be the option of using his old variations, which would be easy and quick to bring over, to appeal to a wider range of veterans and alienate even fewer Roy fans.
3: Slower swings, but higher knockback and damage, and larger flames.

Down-B:
1: Default
2: Marth's Melee counter, where it always deals 7 damage but has a much larger counter window. Doesn't diminish over time like Shulk's long window.
3: Whichever part of "SPECIALS" under Counter did not make the cut. If he keeps his Counter, his flame coating would be a really neat idea here. If he loses his classic Counter, it could go here.

Please write back with what you think. I (and possibly many others) would love to play with these unique ideas that defeat issues some have with Roy.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkKlVhPHg

Amazing drawing by @ Adeptmune Adeptmune , let's see if we can get it popular enough for Nintendo to give it official recognition!

To be fair Roy's debut game was Melee, not Binding Blade. Other than that, it looks great!
Thank you. It feels weird for me to say he truly debuted in Melee. He was in development for FE6 and a solid concept there long before the idea of even using him in Smash was conceived. Which should I use? I'm tempted to change the template, but Roy's a special case as the only Smash character to appear in Smash before their own game who isn't currently in Smash (try saying that ten times fast).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I guess I'm the only one who is...uh..."disturbed" by the feature.
Who says I'm not disturbed?

Er, well, I'm not really "disturbed" per se. It's more like if they wanted to up the dating sim aspect, I would have preferred if there's a more realistic and classy romance/relationship feature. It's not like it's the end of the world for me, since it's optional, and I'll probably use it for the kicks. But I know such fanservice may not appeal to a lot of people (especially since all this stuff is happening really fast with FE).

Looking at a lot of new features in FE: if... this game is sorta reminding me of the Rune Factory series, except the main focus is a SRPG, but there's side features based on life simulation and dating sim elements. Not that I'm upset or anything because I welcome it, but yeah, it's just the concept of Emblem-Amie that I'm iffy on.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Thank you. It feels weird for me to say he truly debuted in Melee. He was in development for FE6 and a solid concept there long before the idea of even using him in Smash was conceived. Which should I use? I'm tempted to change the template, but Roy's a special case as the only Smash character to appear in Smash before their own game who isn't currently in Smash (try saying that ten times fast).
Well if it means anything Roy's Melee trophy says he's from Fire Emblem (Japan Only). Which if Roy returns, I'd expect his trophy to say he debuted from FE: Binding Blade, or something like that.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Who says I'm not disturbed?

Er, well, I'm not really "disturbed" per se. It's more like if they wanted to up the dating sim aspect, I would have preferred if there's a more realistic and classy romance/relationship feature. It's not like it's the end of the world for me, since it's optional, and I'll probably use it for the kicks. But I know such fanservice may not appeal to a lot of people (especially since all this stuff is happening really fast with FE).

Looking at a lot of new features in FE: if... this game is sorta reminding me of the Rune Factory series, except the main focus is a SRPG, but there's side features based on life simulation and dating sim elements. Not that I'm upset or anything because I welcome it, but yeah, it's just the concept of Emblem-Amie that I'm iffy on.
I don't mind fanservice really, but I do prefer it more if it's optional. I mean, I guess anyone could say "supports are optional!" which they are, but they're important to the gameplay so they're almost required without actually being "required."
Like, I didn't mind that FE:A had fanservice DLC, that's cool for those that want that. But Iunno, Fire Emblem-Amie is too much for me imo and I'd rather just have normal support conversations and such.

Unless the Amie feature is separate and I just totally missed that memo? ovo Either way, I'm still not really a fan. Petting people is weird... xD

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I don't mind fanservice really, but I do prefer it more if it's optional. I mean, I guess anyone could say "supports are optional!" which they are, but they're important to the gameplay so they're almost required without actually being "required."
Like, I didn't mind that FE:A had fanservice DLC, that's cool for those that want that. But Iunno, Fire Emblem-Amie is too much for me imo and I'd rather just have normal support conversations and such.

Unless the Amie feature is separate and I just totally missed that memo? ovo Either way, I'm still not really a fan. Petting people is weird... xD
It gets even weirder with Harold.
The manliness! It burns my soul!! ;0_0;

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

As far as I know, you can access Emblem-Amie through the "My Room" feature, which does make it something separate. Although, you can raise a unit's happiness level using such feature, but I'm not sure if it has an effect on the battlefield (I'd expect it to be minimal if that's the case, unless it's similar to what supports do). Support conversations have already been confirmed since we saw the Support Log in the archives in one vid. It seems like supports aren't really the main focus as idk if we've gotten any direct info on them yet.

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
@ Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J oh gods please I don't want to see Harold again! Noooo I physically cringed at that part of the trailer! xD That was such a stark contrast from petite girl to sudden burly man...

@ Croph Croph That's a lot less demanding if that's the case, then! But it still doesn't change the fact that it's...awkward, haha. I just hope it doesn't have too big of an impact on anything related to the actual battlefield, because if it does... ;-;" Ah well. I just hope there's not a whole ton of emphasis put on it. I'd rather just play the maps anyway. c:"

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Croph Croph That's a lot less demanding if that's the case, then! But it still doesn't change the fact that it's...awkward, haha. I just hope it doesn't have too big of an impact on anything related to the actual battlefield, because if it does... ;-;" Ah well. I just hope there's not a whole ton of emphasis put on it. I'd rather just play the maps anyway. c:"
I like to imagine that Kamui is really socially awkward and isn't that good at interacting with people. So he/she shows affection to someone by petting their head or something and the members of Kamui's army just roll with it. :laugh: :urg:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I like to imagine that Kamui is really socially awkward and isn't that good at interacting with people. So he/she shows affection to someone by petting their head or something and the members of Kamui's army just roll with it. :laugh: :urg:
Socially awkward petting...? Okay well maybe that's more acceptable, lmao. Kamui internally panics, doesn't know what to say, and just pets them. I could probably roll with that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My man JohnKnight is back! Where have you been man?
Alive.
Seriously, we got basically a copy of every one of the Awakening kiddies lmao.

And have you seen the SMT crossover? That's such weeb husbando stuff.

Nintendo truly has gone full anime.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
SMT X FE got me extremly hyped. I thought it would be like a Dissidia kind of game where you would have protagonists from both series teaming up to fight a major enemy or something.

...and then the trailer happened...

If FE ever does a Dissidia-like title, we'd better get Zack Fair via crossover. He got lost in KH, why not just make him being lost in more fantasy worlds a running gag?

He starts in a basic class and becomes a Hero, so he'd fit. :sadeyes:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
If FE ever does a Dissidia-like title, we'd better get Zack Fair via crossover. He got lost in KH, why not just make him being lost in more fantasy worlds a running gag?

He starts in a basic class and becomes a Hero, so he'd fit. :sadeyes:
Knowing Zack, he'd just get his chance... another day. (He's an Ike clone waiting to happen, isn't he.)
*pushes him into the corner with Chrom* I'm sorry, babbus. ;-;

Eta: really though, Hero class Zack Fair. I can see it.

Last edited:
Knowing Zack, he'd just get his chance... another day. (He's an Ike clone waiting to happen, isn't he.)
*pushes him into the corner with Chrom* I'm sorry, babbus. ;-;

Eta: really though, Hero class Zack Fair. I can see it.
Lemme whip up a sick Zack Fair moveset for you youngins

EDIT: GOT IT! @ Adeptmune Adeptmune

Here goes (didn't revise much or keep grammar/formatting consistent much since I don't plan to send it in like my Roy one, this was just for fun since I love Crisis Core and Zack to death)

ZACK FAIR MOVESET

I decided to challenge myself by including not only custom moves, but a Limit Break moveset for his Final Smash.

Final Smash: Limit Break
Zack emits a large aura of pure mako, making him extremely dangerous in this transformation Final Smash.
Zack's attacks go freaking hard like a baller. His specials, smashes, and throws have much more intense materia effects, while his martial attacks have increased speed and power.
During this, his passive materia surfaces. Elemental Strike adds randomly-selected elements to his non-elemental moves, with fire dealing an extra 1.3x and setting off blast crates, lightning being 1.2x with added hitstun, and ice being 1.1x as a weak variable for the sake of it. Dash adds a lot to his ground and aerial mobility. Dualcast either makes spells more extreme by focusing multiple spells into one rather than double spells like traditional Dualcast users, or it allows him to do things like cast three flame orbs instead of an energy orb (even though that's already normal with CC materia, this needs to be more dramatic). General stat materia explains the increase of speed and power in his physical moves.

Specials:

Side-b: Energy (launches an orb of pure energy horizontally. Low damage, high speed)
During Limit Break: Tri-Fire (three homing fire orbs in quick succession, decent damage and shield damage)
Customs: Fira (slower, more damage), Blizzara (slow and mid-damage, but breaks into shards that travel past a foe upon hitting a foe or their shield)

B: Costly Punch (slow startup, expends some HP, hits really hard. If it hits a shield, it functions like a command grab but doesn't hit as hard)
During Limit Break: Gil Toss (same move, more range and power due to throwing Gil, ignores shields entirely. The more coins your 3DS/Wii U has, the more powerful the move is. Don't worry, it doesn't use your coins, and it's incredibly powerful even at 0 coins here)
Customs: Goblin Punch (less power but doesn't waste HP), Mug (steals their second jump after launching them upwards, or it throws them after the command grab into the air without a second jump. It's the weakest one, but it also doesn't waste HP. You also get extra gold after battle based on how much you land Mug, 8 Zack amiibos who are trained to spam it could make hella bank)

Down-B: Quake (multi-hit ground-only move at Zack's feet, behind him, and a bit further on both sides. Pops the foe(s) up, Zack can act before it ends so he can combo it into Smash attacks at low percents and aerials at higher percents)
During Limit Break: Ultima (Large multi-hit explosion on both sides of Zack, nearly breaks a full shield, absorbs hits)
Customs: Barrier (walls both in front of and behind Zack that protect him from physical attacks and eat projectiles), MBarrier (walls both in front and behind him that reflect projectiles, they don't take projectile damage but they break easily from other attacks)

Up-B: Assault Twister+ (Zack spins upwards like a drill, 8 directional control, with the tornado around his body and his sword slashes during it having separate hitboxes)
During Limit Break: Assault Twister+++ (You know Mega Man's tornado custom? Imagine that but with wind blades about the size of Zack's original sword spinning within it, and Zack's sword being the strongest hitbox of it with more rapid swings, while the tornado itself still deals damage as the weakest hitbox)
Customs: Assault Twister- (Zack doesn't deal any damage, but he rockets much higher and faster), Sonic Break (Zack does one lunge instead of a drill motion)

Smashes:

Down: Blizzaga Blade (instead of a typical swordsman down smash, you get something similar yet different. Zack swings forward at the ground twice, instead of once forwards and once backwards like typical swordsmen, with larger shards of ice popping up from the ground in front of him each time)
During Limit Break: Blizzaja Blade (The first pillar is two Zacks tall, the second is four or five Zacks tall)

Forward: Firaga Blade (Zack does a massive two-handed flaming thrust diagonally (from the ground, upwards and forwards) and after the first swing, you have the option to press A again (like the Links) for Zack to go into a fairly long spellcast period where a Firaga orb will home in on the foe from the sky, but it's still quick enough to true combo into from the first hit if it lands)
During Limit Break: Firaja Blade (Flame expands from the ground below Zack to add more range to the sword, Firaga now sends down a much larger Firaja orb instead)

Up: Thundaga Blade (Zack does a straight-up ripoff/fusion of Shulk's usmash and Pikachu's Thunder. Clouds (no not his buddy) appear not too far above him and strike his blade multiple times (a lightningrod to roast foes caught in it) while he lets off a charge at his feet with minor hitboxes. Punishes: being on the ground near Zack, being hit by the blade, punished by: short hop aerial)
During Limit Break: Thundaja Blade (Zack calls down bolts from the very top of the screen no matter where he is, much larger bolts, his whole body is coated in electricity so it's as strong as the sword hitbox)

Tilts:

Dtilt: First hit of sword combo, swing downwards

Ftilt: Second hit of sword combo, swing forwards

Utilt: Third hit of sword combo, swing upwards

(fourth hit can be used after 1-2-3 string)

Think of them as an in-between of Marth's Dancing Blade and Snake's tilts. No matter which one you land, if you hit A after, you will continue the sequence of attacks for up to four hits.

They are slower than Dancing Blade and don't combo as well, but you choose between 1-4 hits and if they're safe or not depending on the situation, and choose to roll/block while using them to have a genuine Crisis Core feel.

Jab: Just a quick, weak knee or slash so that Zack has an option faster than his other tilts.

During Limit Break, you can use the sword combo much faster, similar to a Dancing Blade on steroids.

Aerials:

Forward: A forward lunge similar to the start of Zack/Cloud's Omnislash
Upwards: A beefier, slower version of Marth/Lucina's up air
Downwards: A downwards lunge, similar to Sephiroth coming down during Octoslash
Backwards: A very quick backwards slash that covers an arc; in-between of Marth/Ike's back airs
Neutral: A forward slash similar to Shulk's fair. Zack Fair needs two fairs because he is Zack FAIR.

(all aerials and tilts come out faster and hit harder during Limit Break)

Zack's been in a few physical tussles via cutscenes, so throw animations can be taken from those. An idea I had:

Forward: Dispel Blade: Temporarily disables the opponent's rage
During Limit Break: Despair Blade: On top of disabling rage, opponent cannot heal, use their second jump, or dash for several seconds.

Back: Silence Blade: The opponent can't use specials for several seconds
During Limit Break: Stop Blade: The opponent can't use specials until they either lose a stock or when Limit Break wears off.
(not as strong as Stop Blade actually is but I needed a name, lmao)

Down: Poison Blade: Zack's foe slowly takes damage over time
During Limit Break: Scourge Blade: More extreme poison damage, and the foe takes more knockback while poisoned

Up: Exploder Blade: Zack swings the opponent up with his sword, and an explosion launches them vertically
During Limit Break: Michael Bay-lade: More explosions. More action. More robots. What more could you ask for?

If the original effects are too powerful for a regular moveset, they can be done away with. Zack's Limit Break throws, if vanilla Zack's are scrapped, could be the originals, the Limit Break throws, or an in-between.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom