• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
As much as I'd like for Roy to be shown asap, this reminds me of when Sakurai went to a Xenoblade concert and even tweeted a picture of a Monado, without revealing Smash Shulk.

Steelia

Smash Champion
As much as I'd like for Roy to be shown asap, this reminds me of when Sakurai went to a Xenoblade concert and even tweeted a picture of a Monado, without revealing Smash Shulk.
That's true too; this concert's being held in July, but E3 is in June... Good chance we'll hear something before the concert actually happens.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sakurai is a FE fanboy and is good friends with IS (look up Iwata Asks: FE:11). It could be a Roy announcement, but it's far from guaranteed IMO.

All I know is that I'm jealous it's more or less guaranteed that the concert itself will be Japan-only.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
That's true too; this concert's being held in July, but E3 is in June... Good chance we'll hear something before the concert actually happens.
Oh, in that case, then he's definitely going to be shown at E3. Wasn't Lucas also found alongside Roy and Ryu? Since Lucas was shown and he's in the data files alongside Royu, that suggests Royu is ready to be shown soon as well.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Oh, in that case, then he's definitely going to be shown at E3. Wasn't Lucas also found alongside Roy and Ryu? Since Lucas was shown and he's in the data files alongside Royu, that suggests Royu is ready to be shown soon as well.
Yes, now that I think about it, Lucas may be a part of an expansion pack that include Roy, Ryu and some stages.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
You really are the voice of a generation @ChronoBound, i'm grateful the Roy fan base has someone like you to help out against all the hate our boy gets. It's sickening how ignorant Roy haters are, they constantly keep using the same argument: "We don't need ANOTHER Marth clone" and "Roy is the worst lord". It's like trying to argue with the same person every single time.

I will not mention names, but a couple of months ago this person on SmashBoards i was having a heated discussion about Roy with. (He was even a Moderator, seriously) He went as far and said:
No, Roy has nothing on Lucina aside from being in a Smash game before, where he was met with poor reception.
Yes, you read that right. Poor reception.

So bringing awareness of Fire Emblem to western gamers, helping gain interest the franchise and eventually became a worldwide and profitable series for Intelligent Systems and Nintendo, is apparently "poor reception". Being extremely demanded for a return in Smash, even making it in Project M, is "poor reception". Yeah, you keep telling yourself buddy.

It just hurts me to see the kind of drastic measures Roy haters take to bring down the character. There is a big difference between "I personally don't want Roy, i think Fire Emblem has enough representation", (which is a valid argument) and this:

Cry more, Roy haters. You're only going to make it so much more satisfying for us to play Roy when he comes out. So keep your tears coming! I could've exposed their usernames, as much they deserve it. But i choose to be the bigger person, and not do so.

It may me though being a Roy supporter. But i have it especially though because i am also a Pichu supporter, who gets way more hate than Roy.

It's sad that these two get the most hate out of all veterans: :pichumelee::roymelee:

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Am I the weird one? I actually know Roy because Melee. BUT I want Roy parcially because I Love Sword of Seals/Binding Blade (see my Signature is a FE6 char)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You really are the voice of a generation @ChronoBound, i'm grateful the Roy fan base has someone like you to help out against all the hate our boy gets. It's sickening how ignorant Roy haters are, they constantly keep using the same argument: "We don't need ANOTHER Marth clone" and "Roy is the worst lord". It's like trying to argue with the same person every single time.

I will not mention names, but a couple of months ago this person on SmashBoards i was having a heated discussion about Roy with. (He was even a Moderator, seriously) He went as far and said:

Yes, you read that right. Poor reception.

So bringing awareness of Fire Emblem to western gamers, helping gain interest the franchise and eventually became a worldwide and profitable series for Intelligent Systems and Nintendo, is apparently "poor reception". Being extremely demanded for a return in Smash, even making it in Project M, is "poor reception". Yeah, you keep telling yourself buddy.

It just hurts me to see the kind of drastic measures Roy haters take to bring down the character. There is a big difference between "I personally don't want Roy, i think Fire Emblem has enough representation", (which is a valid argument) and this:

Cry more, Roy haters. You're only going to make it so much more satisfying for us to play Roy when he comes out. So keep your tears coming! I could've exposed their usernames, as much they deserve it. But i choose to be the bigger person, and not do so.

It may me though being a Roy supporter. But i have it especially though because i am also a Pichu supporter, who gets way more hate than Roy.

It's sad that these two get the most hate out of all veterans: :pichumelee::roymelee:

Like I said, Roy might not be easy character to just become fans to - you just either were one since Melee, or would have become more liking of him due his other appearances (FE6, Project M). But mostly the wishes for his return stems from Melee at best, and from there it's up to people to want get more out of him, or just still like him for just being a cooler Marth (as I did, since I played him more than Marth when young), or other reasons for playing him in Melee.

TBH, it makes clear sense why it's this: Melee was Roy's debut game. So him being looked very forward to due Melee's nostalgia is completely justified. It might have even been heightened now that people got to know more about him in FE6, and/or play him again P:M, and now want Roy to return with both sides of his roots being finally touched better upon into Smash Bros 4.

Also, people assuming automatically that he'll be a Marth-clone is getting more baseless as more arguments here have proven against it. Besides, paying for a clone would be something I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't envision people buying, especially as he calls Lucina, Doc and Pittoo extras/bonuses, referring how they might not be something you'd pay for separately to play each due little development time they were done for. Also the plans for Roy to be in Brawl, which means he could have had semi-cloned properties planned that can be implemented, or even built further in this installment.

Last edited:

Altea77

Smash Apprentice

"it always makes me laugh when people get excited about Roy considering his game never came to the West"

Yet it's all congratulations to Lucas fans when he was announced...

Last edited:

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
"it always makes me laugh when people get excited about Roy considering his game never came to the West"

It's funny how Roy and Lucas are similar in that aspect(both starred in a Japan only GBA game), but Lucas doesn't get any hate for it. Roy's hate is unwarranted in so many ways.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Also to you here's something from the artist I talked about in the last page:

/Source/

/Source/

We gotta keep pressing on.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Lucas is actually quite likeable, while a lot of people don't like Roy's personality. I think the discrepancy between their receptions are justified.
Also, people assuming automatically that he'll be a Marth-clone is getting more baseless as more arguments here have proven against it. Besides, paying for a clone would be something I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't envision people buying, especially as he calls Lucina, Doc and Pittoo extras/bonuses, referring how they might not be something you'd pay for separately to play each due little development time they were done for. Also the plans for Roy to be in Brawl, which means he could have had semi-cloned properties planned that can be implemented, or even built further in this installment.
The plans for Roy to be in Brawl can be alluded to how Mewtwo was also planned to be in Brawl, yet Mewtwo remains relatively unchanged from Melee(in terms of his core moveset and properties). Probably Dr. Mario as well.

As for the price issue, maybe he could be cheaper than the other characters? But I don't think the commercial aspects of the character will be the primary focus of Sakurai, or even instrumental that he'd change a character around it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's funny how Roy and Lucas are similar in that aspect(both starred in a Japan only GBA game), but Lucas doesn't get any hate for it. Roy's hate is unwarranted in so many ways.
Mother-fanbase is really different from FE's, so it's no wonder. Also Lucas perhaps was a semi-clone, while Roy used to be just a clone. But there's a lot more openly accepted love for Lucas than there is to Roy.

Roy also being compared constantly to Ike or other solo run-capable units, other units in FE6 or other games, etc. might also play part on this. And also what KirbyFan391 said, his personality not clicking to most people (like I've observed around). It appears somewhat bland-ish, and has a lot the usual tropes of FE-lords (righteous, mature, idealistic, etc. Also a cunning tactician. Just more elaborate back in it's time than the last ones.)

It's bit of a bummer, but in the long run, we might be best off ignoring them and hopefully see rest of silent Roy-fans coming out to the public to celebrate his return when that happens.

could somebody please link roys soundfile?
You can find all sound files here.

Last edited:

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is actually quite likeable, while a lot of people don't like Roy's personality. I think the discrepancy between their receptions are justified.
But the point was that neither of their games were released in the West, and the guy I quoted was bashing Roy fans because Roy's game wasn't released in the West. Lucas may have a likable personality, but his game still wasn't released in the West. And I'm pretty sure Japan (the only place that has the true dialogue for Roy) likes Roy's personality for it's nobility.

The plans for Roy to be in Brawl can be alluded to how Mewtwo was also planned to be in Brawl, yet Mewtwo remains relatively unchanged from Melee(in terms of his core moveset and properties). Probably Dr. Mario as well.
Mewtwo wasn't a clone though. We were talking about how the clones were changed from Melee to Brawl. Dr. Mario probably kept the same moveset because not only is he the same character as normal Mario, but normal Mario was changed from Melee to Brawl as well.

Last edited:

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Dr. Mario probably kept the same moveset because not only is he the same character as normal Mario, but normal Mario was changed from Melee to Brawl as well.
Keep in mind that even though it's not that noticeable, Dr. Mario did get tweaked a bit. For example, his :GCU::GCB: has been changed to be more like Luigi than Mario (a single hit, with a "crit" in the beginning of the move).

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If this is revamped Roy, than he should be charged at the same price as the other DLC characters.

Also, is that concert happening today? I read on the site and it had the date April 17th on it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What if ...

>Roy get his Awakening Design
>Roy semi clone with same Up-B - Neutral B ( Who , why not can spike in air ) than Melee
>But Roy have the Robin Levin Sword System , except with the Seal Sword , all attak gain % and F1RH effect if not he fight with the Awakening Artwok Sword

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait, i'm reading that the concert doesn't happen until July.

Does that mean were going to have to wait until late July for his announcement? :confused:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Wait, i'm reading that the concert doesn't happen until July.

Does that mean were going to have to wait until late July for his announcement? :confused:
As someone mentioned before, E3 is at June, so before the concert. There's a possibility Roy's shown there first.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If this is true then it is very good, if Roy does appear.

Edit: Just checked the site, looks official and legit.

In this case that Roy does appear, does his support thread want to wager whether he will have his Melee or Awakening Model?

If it has both Models, then which one is the default?

As someone mentioned before, E3 is at June, so before the concert. There's a possibility Roy's shown there first.
There is a possibility if Sakurai/Nintendo goes that route and they do not always act on logical principals, but a celebration of Fire Emblem is the most ideal to gift Roy to the public.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I would much rather have the announcement take place at E3. July is way too long lol.

As for his attire, I want him to return with that smexy Awakening attire. He can have his Melee attire as an alt though.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I had dreams of Roy recently. One in which he raises his sword along with the rest of the FE confirmed characters. It was a DLC trailer. In the other dream Roy was born from a dragon egg.
(I've been playing too much Project M)
What I said on July 28, 2014. The FE concert is July 24-26. Close enough, right?

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
So were these sound files confirmed?
At least 3 sources confirmed these files existed in the 1.0.6 update rom dump. So, yes they exist, but no one can definitively say that Roy and Ryu are confirmed, but it looks like they are.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
There is a possibility if Sakurai/Nintendo goes that route and they do not always act on logical principals, but a celebration of Fire Emblem is the most ideal to gift Roy to the public.
I agree, in a certain sense that it'd be a proper celebration. But E3 would be the most ideal in the sense that it'd generate the most interest and would garner the most publicity. Somehow, I feel they'd go for the latter since they haven't really done the former yet for any character anyway so it's safer to wager they won't.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
July is too long ppl!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Really though, I want it to be at E3. Maybe they can do the reveal for Roy at E3; announcing that he'll be released in July and at the FE concert, they release final details for his release (maybe he can be launched right after the event ends?). I'd like to see that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So I'm trying to keep on clearing FE6 - but I'm really curious to ask this:

Should I apply a patch to make Roy promote earlier than what the original game intends him to, in order to prevent him from becoming somewhat of a dead weight due hitting level cap long before his promotion?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
July is too long ppl!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Really though, I want it to be at E3. Maybe they can do the reveal for Roy at E3; announcing that he'll be released in July and at the FE concert, they release final details for his release (maybe he can be launched right after the event ends?). I'd like to see that.
If anything. Getting Roy would be something worth celebrating. He could come sooner, but an official and legit anniversary statement signifying the return of Roy is still something.

To pass the time I suggest not focusing on him, focusing on Roy now will only make the wait that much more painful for Roy fans who want him now.

Edit: Shouldn't the title of this Support Thread be renamed: "Roy on Anniversary Center Stage?"

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

it's more than likely gonna be at E3 one thing smash fans tend to do is whenever sakurai or smash is at an event they tend to think a annoucenment is gonna be there.But you gotta look at the bigger picture.It makes way more sense for him to be annouced at E3 in front of bigger audience so he's out in the open and in everyone's mind.And do you think nintendo would really allow sakurai to show something smash related at something that has nothing to do with smash

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Except he's presenting at the Fire Emblem Concert.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sakurai is a FE fanboy and is good friends with IS (look up Iwata Asks: FE:11). It could be a Roy announcement, but it's far from guaranteed IMO.

All I know is that I'm jealous it's more or less guaranteed that the concert itself will be Japan-only.
Hey, at least they're doing something this big for FE. The concert, and the special booth at that convention... The revival of the TCG is awesome as well. still, I wish the concert isn't Japan-only ;_; and I might pre-order and import the cards. Hype all around!

If we do end up getting Roy, I really hope we'll see a FE6 remake down the road~

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice

/Source/

We gotta keep pressing on.
This picture always makes me so sad, lmfao. Partially because of all that undeserved Roy hate, and partially because of that REALLY LOW BLOW ABOUT SIGURD. (Seriously, why would you say that? ;-; )

Anyway, daddy Sakurai presenting at the FE concert is very, very interesting. I wonder if it will be about a certain redheaded ph1r3y lord...

SoulOfKhaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoulKhaos
So I'm trying to keep on clearing FE6 - but I'm really curious to ask this:

Should I apply a patch to make Roy promote earlier than what the original game intends him to, in order to prevent him from becoming somewhat of a dead weight due hitting level cap long before his promotion?
If you want to use him more I'd say go for it, Roy is the main unit so I'm assuming you'll have to use him throughout the whole game. You're better off promoting him if he reached his level cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom