• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I only post every once in a while so this might be a little long.
Tonight was ballin. Most of the cats at GW were the ****. Sudai, you're still cool. Freddy and Dylan are still little kids. Plenty of people and plenty of ****. I don't remember the old tournys involving that much ****. Oh, and I'm glad I got to put some faces to the folks on this board. I'm talkin about you, Red and Ricky.
I'm still pretty terrible, but y'all need to call me more often to play (maybe not with the $5 cover next time).
And Nyte, I see you have a Luigi on your profile. If you ever need me to teach you how to sex kick, come on over to this side of the Mississippi.
BTW, who won?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well.... amazingly but a stroke of luck I managed to ge 9th. not onew of the 17ths or 25ths.... 9th. I managed to do some squirtle bashing, however Ivy and Charz werent doing as well as they usually do. Basically Charz suffered the most but towards my ending matches he rose a bit and didnt get owned as badly and got me some stocks.

GG's to everyone I played and a special thanks to FakeGeorge for saving me from playing Lee. lol

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Eff Metaknight. Up-B goes through turtle, wtf.

It was still fun. I don't really like how the pools went. I beat my first guy so I end up going against HyRo and Bre and lose to both. Guy I beats then gets to face bottom two and places ahead of me. I also hate Metaknight by the way. Anyway, I'm guessing that I placed near the bottom once again. Oh wellz. Themz the breaks.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
You *******s. You still didn't say who won. ****in ****. Quit ridin each others ***** and give me an answer.

Edit: I've been cursing on these boards for like 4 years now, I never knew you couldn't say *******. Ain't that a shocker. I'm guessing **** is out of the question.

Edit2: I see I was wrong about the second one. How can I say the latter but not the former?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
1: Lee - MK/ Lucario(?)
2: Sudai - ROB/Olimar
3: Cyphus - DK
4: Hyro - Toon Link
5: David - Snake
5: Ricky - Marth
7: Eric - Olimar/ Wario
7: Jiovanni - Kirby
9: Bomber - PT
9: Li-D - Fox
9: Roni - MK
9: fakegeorge - G&W
13: Kirok -Fox/ Lucario
13: Bre - Wario
13: Austin - Wario
13: James - Diddy
17: Joseph
17: Arcadia - Fox/ Lucario
17: Taylor -Marth/ Ike
17: Hawks go Caw - G&W/ Falco(?)
17: Red - Shiek
17: Dylan - ?
17: Freddy - MK/ Falco
17: Avery - Diddy
25: Josh - Snake
25: Kaio
25: Link - ZSS
25: Bok
25: Roosevelt
25: Tyr
25: Aurora

33: KonKon
33: Bill

That's what I remember about characters and stuff. Bill and KonKon left before the bracket started.

Ricky, our set was the most intense of the night.
Bomber & Redson, you're both getting a lot better. Keep it up.

Good games everyone, and thanks for coming out. I'll have info for the next one up soon.

Hawks, could you maybe elaborate more on the pools stuff. This format is something of an experiment. The idea is that we have pools for seeding/ extra matches, but it takes less time than a round robin. I'm looking for feedback on it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
imo, if Red wasnt forced to leave last night I'd think he would have gotten placed right behind Arcadia or somewhere around there with like + or - 1 rank. I didnt see too many of his matches, but from what little I could tell and what he told me, he was doing quite decent in loser brakets. If the next Gameware is any like this past one, then Red will get furthur than he did this time and I'm confident I will as well. GG's just the same to everyone I played.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I did pretty well, I lost but i have gotten better. I could be La best falcon
I watched a little of you match with Redson. your CF was actualyl quite decent i nthat match. you just need to get used to his speed and accomodate with using the right moves at the right time. Your just a bit slow and inflexible right now but seeing from last night, with more practice, you could place better.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Man, I should've gone... I could've done pretty well it looks like.
Battou, I think you would have done remarkably well. I desperately wanted to see a Martha-Stewart ditto between you and RickyB the entire time.

I'm a little bummed about the tournament. I'm not going to make any johns as to why I ranked so low- I just did. Good games to EVERYONE.

Randall-Holy**** your G&W is **** and always has been. Turtle scares the crap out of me. I had a lot of trouble figuring out when the turtle was finished. Word to the wise? For the love of god, please, NO MORE DAIRS. You Dair more than I do when I'm playing Toon Link, and that makes some punishable gameplay. Try to get better at Lylat cruise, as well. I got a little too much **** in on that stage. Other than that, you played remarkably and kicked my ***.

Jackets-Amazing Wario mindgames. Never could tell when you were going to attack me. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like a serious match with you one day. No Johns, again, but I was being forced to leave Gameware during our match- I figured I'd get one match in, but I just didn't have any motivation to win anymore. It sucks when your transportation is dependant on your parents who don't want you to be out past 11.

RJPunch- You've improved. A lot. And by a lot, I mean, dear god, you've gotten so much better. What's better? You've done it all on your own. Almost no outside help. You've gotten that much better just taking on CPU's? I applaud you, man. You're not as much of a nub as the Captain Falcon Boards thought you were, huh? Beautiful Knee sweetspots, by the way.

Freddy- You jerk. You beat me while you were stoned. Toking is cheating. >:\
In all seriousness, though, you play deccently. Maybe I would have won if you wouldn't have started the Metaknight Tornado-spam, but again, I'm not going to John. Your MK is great, as is your Lucario.

Sudai- What can I say? From the friendlies I managed to get in with you, I had a blast. Shame we couldn't have a sentimental match- and I'm sorry about taking Eevee off the list. Maybe next tournament, I'll be willing to put him back on. But for now, hold onto my Squirtle, eh? Your Oli is some serious ****. But watch out for the nasty F-tilts of mine, eh? Not that I have any room to give advice.

Link's crew- Holy **** good seeing you and Kirok again man. You guys have improved as well- keep up the good work. Rok, your Fox relies a little too heavilly on the shine, but then again, my Fox relies a little too heavilly on Nairs and Dairs, eh? Good games to all of you. Link, shame I never got to nuke your ZSS, but hell, these things happen, eh?

Bomber- Congrats big time on finally hitting top 10, Dominic. I wish I could have been there to see it and congratulate you....Then strike you down completely in our match! T'would have been an epic battle, if I do say so myself.

Cyphus- Love your Bowser. Shoulda gone Sheik instead of Tooney. I'm still not good enough as all my side characters to consider them my mains.

Lee- Why didn't I fight you?

Li-D- **** you, you've gotten too good.

RickyB- Lol.

Taylor- It was good finally meeting you, man. You were pretty on edge most of the night, so I didn't get to talk to you very long, but you seem like a pretty cool guy from what I've met. Nice meeting you.

And now for the most important one...

Vaughn- I finally got that match I wanted in. You kicked my *** in horrible ways, but you have no idea how happy I was that I finally got to have that Zelda VS Sheik. And you're right- Smash is all about having fun. There will always be a competitive scene, but as long as your having fun while doing it, I think that's the most important thing. Your Zelda hasn't lost its game at all- you're still devastating. I'm not going to waste time trying to get you to come back, but I will say this. You're an amazing person, and amazing player. I think everyone here was happy to see you, that night.

Yeah. Shoutouts. With lots of Johns. Sorry. But I feel like I need to John for some reason....

meh. I just suck at this game.

eet

Smash Ace
GGs to cyphus and david, i almost had you both :o

and rj falcon ditto? I <3 falcon

and i think i got 7th last tourny too, one more and itll be lucky 777 lawl

and yeah i didnt rly get the point of the pools. Or maybe i dont understand how seeding works. I got 2nd in my pool and ended up fighting freddy (who also got 2nd in a pool) and then after winning had to fight cyphus(a 1 seed, i believe) in my 2nd match? I thought seeding worked the opposite way, pushing the bracket in favor of high seeders, putting them intially against low seeders? i dunno. it was fun anyway

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure how the pools work either, but if they work the way I thought I did, I got 5th or 6th in my pool. Is it that you're ranked based on how many rounds you win?

Based on what I recall, the pool ended up looking like:

Player/Rounds Won
Hyro/3 rounds
Xsniper/2 rounds
Bre/2 Rounds
Avery/2 Rounds
Joseph/1 Round
Me/1 Round
Roosevelt/1 Round
Aurora/0 rounds

So round 1: I beat Joseph 2-1 and Avery goes 0-2 to Bre.
Round 2: I play Hyro and lose 0-2. And Avery plays Joseph I think. He goes 2-0 I think.
Round 3: I play Bre and lose 0-2. Joseph plays Aurora and goes 2-0. Avery plays Roosevelt and goes 2-0.

I don't know. In retrospect it actually looks pretty **** fair. Guess I was just frustrated at losing last night when I posted. I think I just would've preferred to face Avery in my last match rather than Bre. Things could've ended up the same anyway though. Joseph ended up getting a better record than I did, so does he place ahead of me even though I beat him?

I went Falco and G&W. I probably should've went all Falco though. Maybe I would've made it past Li-D's MK if I had. Then again, maybe it wouldn't have mattered if he didn't SD at least once every match. No johns. I'll just play better. GGs to all.

---

Sudai, I saw you but was too shy to introduce myself and ask for a match . . . .

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I'm entering melee if y'all ever have it
lol RANDOM>!?> too good. tourney was a blast. I just wanted to say sorry for MK. I know he's gay as hell but I don't think I can beat ANOTHER mk at the highest level of play with lucario. idk. maybe but its a lot easier with Mk. :/
i love you guys though :):)

Link Eiyu

Smash Rookie
Good games everyone. I got kinda screwed on my match ups, but I think I did alright. Those Warios were something else for me. Never experienced fighting one of them and it really threw me off.

Red, I enjoyed our friendlies, but I don't think you'll stomp my ZSS.

Randall - Deja vu all over again for me. Playing you in the first round just like my first tourney. I saw that I'd gotten better, but you still got me in the first two matches.

Bomber - Good stuff man. Congrats. I forgot if we played a friendly or not, but I remember it being intense. Just wish you hadn't ditched me in the losers bracket. Maybe I would've gotten further.

Lee- You fought my right hand man, and whooped his ***. Kirok was his name. I never played you myself because I know right now I wouldn't do very well.

Kirok - He doesn't have an account here, and I had to tell him his placing over the phone since he wasn't near a computer, but **** it man, you did good. Flew up to 13 with flying colors. Considerable jump since our last visit to Gameware.

Everyone else: If you saw me, I was pretty up tight all night. I knew I wasn't going to get very far after what pool I got placed it, but it was good seeing all the new faces. Hope to see everyone again next tournament.

XSniper

Smash Rookie
I used DDD more than Sudai used Olimar ;p. Put my DDD up there plz Randall; he deserves some credit to some of my wins lol. Especially against Wario and BOWSER!! omg Bowser is scary.

Jackets

Smash Rookie
GGs everyone.
I SDed all over the place, but its all good.
Jiovanni is such a beast with Kirby, lolol.
And RickyB, I love you. And everyone else of course.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
1: Lee - MK/ Lucario(?)
2: Sudai - ROB
3: Cyphus - DK
4: Hyro - Toon Link
5: David - Snake/ DDD
5: Ricky - Marth
7: Eric - Olimar/ Wario
7: Jiovanni - Kirby
9: Bomber - PT
9: Li-D - Fox
9: Roni - MK
9: fakegeorge - G&W
13: Kirok -Fox/ Lucario
13: Bre - Wario
13: Austin - Wario
13: James - Diddy
17: Joseph
17: Arcadia - Fox/ Lucario
17: Taylor -Marth/ Ike
17: Hawks go Caw - Falco/ G&W
17: Red - Shiek
17: Dylan - ?
17: Freddy - MK/ Falco
17: Avery - Diddy
25: Josh - Snake
25: Kaio
25: Link - ZSS
25: Bok - Falcon
25: Roosevelt - Falcon
25: Tyr
25: Aurora

33: KonKon
33: Bill

I think that's right.

Redson, you're right about the dairs. For whatever reason, I thought it would keep working. I pretty much underestimated you. I realized that for the last game, though. You've certainly gotten better. It's not just your Shiek, you're better at adapting and such. Keep it up.

Eric, I have you as getting 3rd in your pool to Roni and Sudai. I broke ties by looking at your opponents' win percent. Pokemon does this, and I figured that it would be a good starting point. You played Roosevelt first, and then Freddy/ Cyphus in the 2nd/3rd round.

Aside from seeding, pools are so people can play more. Sure, we could have no pools and more friendlies, but they'd never be as serious and intense as a tournament match.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I enjoyed my matches with Randal and everyone else. I got owned by your G&W, I really dont know how to counter him yet. G&W isa my worst match up with PT. I have an easier time playing marths than G&W's. I gotta say I got lucky. Bre had owned me at Dibbz with his G&W, I was scared like hell when I saw I had to fight him, though when he went wario, I got a bit confused but releived at the same time. Then I went against that ike player lol Fsmashed like 2-3 times but still I was kept on my toes since I dont play ikes gg's to who ever that was. then Kirok; I have never had a more formal yet agressive match with someone before. Fox vs PT was epic. I got my second chance at him like we both wanted cuz I messed up in pools. (sorry Link, I didnt expect Bre to go WArio) then I played Eet. I even admited in our first match that he had me. I almost had the chance to kill him in our first match but messed up with the ledge and got too carless, but wat got me was his ability to use Dair effectivly very nice man. I didnt get that match in with Hyro but I'll get those matches in next time.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Kirok was a solid player and a good guy. Apparently, James (the Diddy player) was telling him all night that I was the best Falco in the state. I was like, "WTF! since when?" I hope/know I'm not the best Falco in the state; we'd have some pretty ****ty ones if that were the case.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
y r people still playing brawl as if its a good competitive tournament game? till someone makes a smash game specificly for competitive play the competitive smash scene will cease to exist... u can go on pretending its a good competive game....when the creator of the game specifically designed it for fun casual play.... these were also probly his intentions with melee but the game became competive because it had depth.... i believe games like street fighter and such are designed to be competiive....thats y they put these games in arcades so people will play against eachother.... brawl is a party game meant to be played at home with friends.... i wish brawl was melee 2 i really do but its not.... actually I dont care at this point because brawl helped me realize what sakuri's true intentions for super smash bros. were...... and getting involved in competive melee was the biggest mistake of my life....... i knew there was sumthing wrong with it....I just couldnt figure it out.... but now I know.... SAKURAI DOES NOT WANT SMASH TO BE A COMPETIVE GAME..... and he made this clear with brawl.... u can go against his view of smash and play it as a tournament game..... the community has already been built the game will continue to be played.....its ur life do what u want with it.... just know that I personally will never compete in a smash game again for money..... i still play brawl for fun from time to time online....although I find sf4 far more enjoyable...... ya i bought a ps3 mgs4 and sf4 still probly wont play any video game competively for money(i dunno im pretty good at sf4 but sf elitists would **** me- people that played sf2 and 3 competively).... ill play poker for money thats about it...

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I used DDD more than Sudai used Olimar ;p. Put my DDD up there plz Randall; he deserves some credit to some of my wins lol. Especially against Wario and BOWSER!! omg Bowser is scary.
Man, I just know the matches I had with you were the most intense of the night for me, and easily some of the best matches I've had in Brawl. Your Dedede is just as scary as your Snake. Good stuff.

Good games to everyone else I played, too.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Man, I just know the matches I had with you were the most intense of the night for me, and easily some of the best matches I've had in Brawl. Your Dedede is just as scary as your Snake. Good stuff.

Penguins with giant hammers are pretty scary....

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Dedede is a beast, man. If I ever saw a giant penguin waddling towards me in Santa robes carrying a hammer roughly as large as his entire body, I'd crap my pants. No joke.

XSniper

Smash Rookie
RickyB, Taylor, Freddy, Eric, Sudai, LEEEE, Cyphus, Vaughn, Randall, Alex, etc etc. good seeing u all again btw.

Good meeting Bre, Austin, Avery, Jaime, and others. GGs!

XSniper

Smash Rookie

Thx man. I just realized how fast my heart was beating after the match was over haha

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'm drunk ad duck and I love all you guys and sorry I missednthe tourney. <3<3 Sudai and lee especially. =)

Holy **** my friend just rolled 3 10s in mario party 5. Who does that ****?????

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Are Brawl and Melee party games? Yes. Are they also insanely competitive fighting games? Abso****inglutely. My brother didn't even know there was a single player mode on either game until a few months ago (and he's been playing for about 3 years). I've actually been punched after a match. If that ain't competitive, I'll kiss your ***. What Sakuri started on with the original Smash (and each one after) may have been a fun party game like the MP series, but look at it closely. It's the most unconventional fighting game in the history of fighting games. There's no life bar, you don't stand face to face in close quarters like it's some **** Civil War battle, and there's always random **** blowing up or falling on you, etc (especially if you play like us with weapons and 4 players, 5 stock). I pretty much fall asleep when I play Halo now after playing Melee so long.
And as for as a tourny game goes, well, everything has a tournament now. Beer pong, lawnmower racing, RPS, running, yo-yoing, Roller Coaster Tycoon (never thought I'd live to see the day), lumberjacking, picking up heavy stones in the shape of Africa and carrying them across variable distances, etc. This is a fighting game. It has more right to have tournies than any of the aforementioned activities (except maybe lumberjacking, plaid turns me on.).
I respect your opinion Shy, I always have, but this time I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Now I feel bad for arguing with you. Here, hope this cheers you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A0DcI25QPQ

4life?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Hyro, imma call you monday at like 2, so I can bring you to my place and we can practice. Maybe even teach you SF4?

And Kirok...

am I related to you?

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Are Brawl and Melee party games? Yes. Are they also insanely competitive fighting games? Abso****inglutely. My brother didn't even know there was a single player mode on either game until a few months ago (and he's been playing for about 3 years). I've actually been punched after a match. If that ain't competitive, I'll kiss your ***. What Sakuri started on with the original Smash (and each one after) may have been a fun party game like the MP series, but look at it closely. It's the most unconventional fighting game in the history of fighting games. There's no life bar, you don't stand face to face in close quarters like it's some **** Civil War battle, and there's always random **** blowing up or falling on you, etc (especially if you play like us with weapons and 4 players, 5 stock). I pretty much fall asleep when I play Halo now after playing Melee so long.
And as for as a tourny game goes, well, everything has a tournament now. Beer pong, lawnmower racing, RPS, running, yo-yoing, Roller Coaster Tycoon (never thought I'd live to see the day), lumberjacking, picking up heavy stones in the shape of Africa and carrying them across variable distances, etc. This is a fighting game. It has more right to have tournies than any of the aforementioned activities (except maybe lumberjacking, plaid turns me on.).
I respect your opinion Shy, I always have, but this time I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Now I feel bad for arguing with you. Here, hope this cheers you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A0DcI25QPQ

4life?
Probably the most amazing post I have ever read. Seriously. I love and miss you so much Iceman. I really enjoyed seeing you at the tourney. I want to see more of you. ;[ (no homo)

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hyro, imma call you monday at like 2, so I can bring you to my place and we can practice. Maybe even teach you SF4?

And Kirok...

am I related to you?
lolwut?

I'm only 17, I still go to school, I get off at 3:18 and get home at 4:18, and Monday Heroes is on lmao

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lolwut?

I'm only 17, I still go to school, I get off at 3:18 and get home at 4:18, and Monday Heroes is on lmao
wait... what? you gotta go 2 school on the week of mardi gras? what sort of blasphemy is this? guys who arent in N.O usually get like 2 days off but you should be getting off of school monday and tuesday at least. As far as I know you should be getting the whole week off.

Top Bottom