• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

i hope avery beats everyone at melee. im making pork dumplings and i have no idea how its going to turn out. i need to play some last minute melee so freddy should come over but only if he wants to play some serious games. and fyi kyle wont be around. i played melee with him once in the past like 3 months...
tim will probably show. we need 2 melee set ups!

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
i hope avery beats everyone at melee. im making pork dumplings and i have no idea how its going to turn out. i need to play some last minute melee so freddy should come over but only if he wants to play some serious games. and fyi kyle wont be around. i played melee with him once in the past like 3 months...
tim will probably show. we need 2 melee set ups!
I'm down, I know, ive been kinda slacking in melee. I think i've developed Eric syndrome @_@

But ill come over and try really hard after i take a shower.

Yar, I was high when i posted that ****. BUT i constantly say **** like that all the time. No one can understand me, cause im awesome. Exept maybe for Eric.

Anyway,

Ill just leave this here..

http://content.pyzam.com/funnypics/0/pyzamOmgWtf.jpg

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so i'm not all that impressed w/ SF4 after playing it a few hours.
The revenge meter was just a BAD idea. It rewards you for taking damage, allowing you to unleash your strongest attack when u get your *** kicked to make rediculously easy comebacks.
and the Focus system doesn't feel like it belongs in SF...it makes it feel like DBZ Boudokai's charged attacks.
i already want my money back for the game, but i'll try to stay optimistic about it, and hopefully it'll grow on me, and the community as a whole. (but some characters are just too n00b-friendly.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
so does anyone else want to fight me before the tourny starts friday? So far I got Randal up for some matches.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait, wtf is an escafest? And I'll go if anyone else from gware does lol! I might be spending the night up in BR so I can just lie and tell my mom I'm sleeping while I'm actually in Texas. ;D

And Randall! I remember you said we voted pools over doubles, but then I also remember a lot of people saying they'd rather the swiss system or something. That would be better because we'd have good seeds and time for doubles!

Is anyone going to Dibbz today? I need practice sooooo bad. Arc, even if it's only me and you there, I'll go tonight lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
Beaumontfest is an abundance of smelly smashers that get together for a feast. Not only a feast, but a Beaumontfest.

I'm counting on you, LA.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait wait, wtf is an escafest? And I'll go if anyone else from gware does lol! I might be spending the night up in BR so I can just lie and tell my mom I'm sleeping while I'm actually in Texas. ;D

And Randall! I remember you said we voted pools over doubles, but then I also remember a lot of people saying they'd rather the swiss system or something. That would be better because we'd have good seeds and time for doubles!

Is anyone going to Dibbz today? I need practice sooooo bad. Arc, even if it's only me and you there, I'll go tonight lol.
I am leaving for work now, and I don't get off until 10. Got called in.:(

But I'm totally for Dibbz tomorrow night.:)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Anyone want to friendly with me on Friday? Say it now, or forever hold yo peace.

Not like anyone here wants to take me on. >.>
even if they dont say anything now, doesnt mean you wont get in other matches with other people on Friday. FakeGeorge was just one that happen to speak up. I'm also expecting to get other matches in too.

TheJerm

Smash Champion

You better come to esca fest!! There always fun. Even though I've only been to one xD

Hyro

Smash Lord
I am leaving for work now, and I don't get off until 10. Got called in.:(

But I'm totally for Dibbz tomorrow night.:)
I'll fight anyone Friday!

I'll be home at 4:18 tomorrow! Come pick me up, bring your wii! ;D

Pritch

Smash Lord
dont make me show up at gameware naked....

ill probably come by gware but i wont be able to bring my best game. i am also too good at melee, but i need 3-8 beers in my chairs at the house. who's staying with us?!

someone come really early on friday. ill probably wake up around 11 am.
I'll probably come as soon as avery/whoever else is riding with me gets free, as I have zero commitments fridays (which is amazing, btw).

Avery, you should call me so we can figure out details. But you should not do this tonight. I basically haven't slept since monday, and tonight I plan to make up for lost ground. Hit me up sometime tomorrow afternoon though.

D

Deleted member

my falcon is the only char im confident in right now. but then again i started drinking at like 3 pm. now im drunk. i might play better fox and marth when im kind of sober

Avery

Smash Cadet
my falcon is the only char im confident in right now. but then again i started drinking at like 3 pm. now im drunk. i might play better fox and marth when im kind of sober
I cannot wait to play your falcon, the only person who I get to play melee with often is a scrub from where I live who plays falcon, but I love the matchup.

@Pritch - I'll call you after school tomorrow, I left you a voicemail tonight with some general details, but thank you for being patient (Im a noob for forgetting to call you back last night)

Also, I dont know if anyone caught the pokemon movie thats playing on cartoon network currently, but its been the first movie since Pokemon 2000 that Ive been genuinely impressed by. Shaymin is SO my favorite pokemon now. Idk the title of it, but this movie is pro.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/02/happy-video-game-nerd-eb-review/

For those of you who have never played Earthbound, give that a watch. =P

I'm feeling a little bit better but still nervous about the future, y'know? I could possibly do grad school, but all that would enable me to do is either research (probably at a college) or teach (...at a college). And in our wonderful state of Louisiana, when budget cuts are made, two of the only unprotected institutions are hospitals and colleges. How does that make sense? So yeah, I'm kinda a no-go on grad school. Plus that's more money I'd have to shove down the porcelain god, and I'm not doing that. I found some listings online, though, that are in Baton Rouge-ish area looking for ME's, so maybe I'll throw my resume' at all of them and I'll get lucky or something...

tl;dr version: Screw grad school, feeling better, found possible jobs. Lol.

Avery, I caught the end of that movie last night and it actually didn't look all that bad. Hopefully I'll get to see the whole thing.

Also, Randall, I didn't get to talk to Stephen tonight (no SF4 plus he wasn't there D=) which means I have no idea if I can leave my stuff at Gware... Any ideas what I should do? Also, I should be cool for hanging out tomorrow night, so long as you give me time to go pick up my copy of Street Fighter 4. XP

Jackets

Smash Rookie
Oh yea, I need a place to stay the night too. I don't take up a lot of room, if that helps any.

Sudai

Stuff here
My butthole hurts.

I finally found more people to play with on Campus..yay. I get to play for..2 days total. (Tomorrow then the one day I'm on campus after mardi-gras break...lol, I'm too pro) then hopefully play them next quarter...if I don't forget about them like I did last time. <.<

I also ***** a random Halo 3 Tourney? I never played Halo 3 till tonight..it's alright. Fighters > Shooters though. Too easy.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
k so im hosting a halo 3 tourney at dibbz now instead of brawl."

no but for real i dont understand the point of pools. i understand they are for seeding and what not but i mean. It seems like some people really like pools but then if they dont make it out of pools they complain and say man screw pools. It would just take a LOT less time especially with brawl to make a bracket but let everybody look at it and try to seed it perfect. Yeah you get to play a lot of matches when you have pools but I mean many!! friendlies can go on if you dont have pools? idk It just seems better. People can play who they want to play and arent restricted to their pool and they get to be in the bracket. and dont have to worry about NOT getting out of pools. I'm sorry i just dont understand it. and im only referring to pools at smaller tournies not national ones or anything.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Gigs always has right around 100 people in attendance.

If anyone from Louisiana wants to make $500+ (And another ~$175 per person from teams) they should come to the March Gigs.

It may be a little cramped in building, but the sheer size of the tournament will make the trip worth it.

Is Orlando, Fl close enough for you guys in LA to drive to?

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Fighters > Shooters though. Too easy.

FAIL TROLLTROLLTROLLTROLL

IMO FPS is just as hard as any fighter out there especially quake and MAYBE Urban Terror. Or unreal.

Top Bottom