• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
There's a tournament on May 10th in Baton Rouge. We rarely do tournaments in the NOLA area. Most are in BR. Check my Sig for 3LT (the May 10th tournament).

So, for the PlayNTrade tournament today.

Vaughn got first. - $75 in Store Credit.
I got second. - $50 in Store Credit. (Turned into Okami and Xenosaga)
12 year old got 3rd. - $25 Store Credit
Freddy out in 5th round. (or 4th? Don't remember)
Greg got out in 4th round. (or 3rd? Don't remember)
Eric out in 1st round.

I missed where Eddie got eliminated, sadly. Though he pwn'd it up in all the matches I saw him play in. Me and Vaughn's match was too close. Zelda FSmash ftl. x.x I almost lost to an Oli, but Oli's recovery is horrible and I abused that shiz. > : O Other than those two, I didn't play any notable people. There was a ROB there that Vaughn said gave him a bit of trouble and my friend Chandler claims is the best out of everyone that went to the tourney aside from all us SmashBoards people. Eric picked Meta Knight for no reason.. : ( That's how Freddy got eliminated too. :/

Lesson learned? Don't use Meta Knight if you haven't played him a lot already. Eric and Freddy both got eliminated because they chose MK. Poor guys. : (

-Ran

Smash Master
So, who in the New Orleans area wants to get some practice in before the May 10th Tournament? I want some more 'intimate' secessions where I can get better, rather than a large rotation. This might mean coming to my apartment instead of Dibbz.

Anyone game?

My schedule this week:
Monday: 10 to 6pm.
Tuesday: 11 to 7:30pm
Wednesday: Off.
Thursday 11 to 7:30pm.
Friday: 11 to 7:30pm.
Saturday: 10 to 6:30pm

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
So, who in the New Orleans area wants to get some practice in before the May 10th Tournament? I want some more 'intimate' secessions where I can get better, rather than a large rotation. This might mean coming to my apartment instead of Dibbz.

Anyone game?

My schedule this week:
Monday: 10 to 6pm.
Tuesday: 11 to 7:30pm
Wednesday: Off.
Thursday 11 to 7:30pm.
Friday: 11 to 7:30pm.
Saturday: 10 to 6:30pm
If you're willing to pick people up, I can do that.
I'd like to practice before moving to Georgia so that I can start there with as little ring rust as possible.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Depends on the distance. I live off of Clearview.
Driving from Kenner to my house takes about fifteen minutes. I don't know about Clearview Parkway, depends on how far off it you live. I live uptown, on Washington Avenue.
If you have AIM, hit me up (Lobelia Mk IV) and let's talk Smash.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Good job Vaughn and Sudai. Also, good job to Vaughn (1st) and Eric (2nd) for winning LNA this past Friday.

So do any BR people wanna get some practice in before 3LT? I found out at Late Night that I really need to practice. I'm free maybe tonight or tomorrow night, and then I'm flexible next week.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Vaughn, Eric, Sudai, anyone else who's interested....

Forbidden Kingdom 7:50 tomorrow night at Rave @ the mall. Ya down? We could meet up at Vaughn and Eric's a little early, play a few games, and ride to the movies in 1 car. Whatcha'll think?

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Randall, although I'm not much practice, give me a call in the evenings if you ever wanna play, I may or may not be able to offer up matches. At the very least, though, I play a bunch of different characters (I typically just go random) so you get a bunch of different flavors.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
first off DONNOT see forbidden kingdom. me and my friend pablo are HUGE kungfu culture and movie fans..and we were so dissapointed we walked out. This was NOT a Jet nor Jackie movie..this blasphemy was a "disney"-style 'hollywood' production starring some 18 yr old white kid's adventure into a fantasy world (after he gets knocked unconcious)where he meets the jackie and jet who train him as he is the chosen one. The fighting was better in everyone other of jackie and jet's movies, the story horrible, and the writing and dialouge was digusting. Jackie: "we're doomed"as;dlfjasdl;fjasld

2ndly....EVERYONE is good at brawl. its ********. I got ***** by Mangoman's pit a few days ago online. He seems just as good as lee, imo.
Elsehow..John is maining falco now and claims to **** everyone w/ it.
i think i'm gonna quit smash alltogether.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
2ndly....EVERYONE is good at brawl. its ********. I got ***** by Mangoman's pit a few days ago online. He seems just as good as lee, imo.
Elsehow..John is maining falco now and claims to **** everyone w/ it.
i think i'm gonna quit smash alltogether.
I only played it for about 30 minutes last night, but Mario Kart Wii is freaking awesome! The online play beats brawl by 10 miles and it's really really fun to play. The online play is so good it makes me sick to think about what the hell Nintendo was thinking when they made Brawl's online play. Seriously Nintendo just needs to come out with a patch for Brawl and just copy and paste Kart's online play over Brawl's. Cyphus if you are tired of smash, pick up Kart.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
1) Duh, you saw the previews, right Cy? The whole thing was like special effects fighting. Supercop, Drunken Master, Once upon a time, all of those movies will never crop up again. It's just over.

2) NO!!!! JUST RETIRED AFTER I COME BACK SO I CAN MELEE IT WITH YOU!

Sudai

Stuff here
Greg, turns out I won't be able to go tomorrow. Completely forgot that my GF's b-day was tomorrow and I'm going eat out with her and her Family. I'm good any other day this week though. Sorry I suck at life?

Randall, I could offer some play time a lot next week probably. I have final exams, but I don't study anyway, and I get off of school early everyday.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Thank you, Cyphus. After reading that summary, I'm dropping the whole notion of going. That sounds like a serious pile of ****, I hadn't read anything about it, didn't look into it, I just assumed it would be cool, but that's a rental.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
1) Duh, you saw the previews, right Cy? The whole thing was like special effects fighting. Supercop, Drunken Master, Once upon a time, all of those movies will never crop up again. It's just over.

2) NO!!!! JUST RETIRED AFTER I COME BACK SO I CAN MELEE IT WITH YOU!
Woah!!! Yowara! We were at jesuit and my friend was looking through the yearbook and was like, "LOL this guys last name is funny!" And it was you. hehehe

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Uhm... I need a place to live for my last year of school (at LSU). Does anyone in Baton Rouge need a roommate?
Cell: 337 501 9474. I don't check smashboards as often as I used to.

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
YAY! I just got my computer fixed and my internet back, thanks to Eric! :)

So anyway, The Play N Trade tourney was really fun! ... too bad I lost in the 3rd round to some random dude using Olimar. I can't wait for the May 10th tourney!

Sudai

Stuff here
Eddie, if it's the same Oli I played 4th round (probably is) he almost beat me and I only won cause Olimar's recovery is freaking horrible. He jumped out to FAir me off stage, a BAir'd and ledge hogged. He just couldn't get back from that. lol. Barely winning ftw.

In unrelated news. I just beat The World Ends With You. ****ing best game Square's put out since they merged with Enix. I know that's not saying much, but it's actually probably better than any game Square's put out aside from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. So like...you guys should pick it up and play it. It's an ARPG with nice hand-drawn anime (sounds bad but they do it well), amazing music choices, crazy good combat system. There's even some difficult puzzles. The main story took me 30 hours. The after-story another 10 or so. Then there's a bunch of side quest in game that I didn't even do. Like really...I pirate all my games and I'm planning to pick up a copy of this game just cause it's that freaking good. Oh, just be prepared for the most emo main character you've ever seen. I won't spoil anything, but it's really not that bad with him being so emo. Pwomise~

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i outgrew gta. san andreas was not fun to me at all. i doubt ill buy 4 honestly.

i played vice city and 3 sooo much....i dont understand why i just dont like them anymore. crackdown was fun until i did everything, and it essentially gave me my gta fix i suppose.

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
In unrelated news. I just beat The World Ends With You. ****ing best game Square's put out since they merged with Enix. I know that's not saying much, but it's actually probably better than any game Square's put out aside from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. So like...you guys should pick it up and play it. It's an ARPG with nice hand-drawn anime (sounds bad but they do it well), amazing music choices, crazy good combat system. There's even some difficult puzzles. The main story took me 30 hours. The after-story another 10 or so. Then there's a bunch of side quest in game that I didn't even do. Like really...I pirate all my games and I'm planning to pick up a copy of this game just cause it's that freaking good. Oh, just be prepared for the most emo main character you've ever seen. I won't spoil anything, but it's really not that bad with him being so emo. Pwomise~
qft. This game is amazing, I'm half-way done with it apparently but everything from the presentation to the gameplay is great so far, can't wait to finish it.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Requesting housing for Friday and Saturday night in Baton Rouge for the May 10 event.

My Credentials:

3/15/08 - 2nd/18 - San Antonio (Genesis Comics)
3/29/08 - 3rd/60 - Dallas (Play N'Trade)
4/05/08 - 3rd/40 - Houston (Play N'Trade)
4/12/08 - 9th/63 - Houston (Trashday - UoH)
4/19/08 - 5th/64 - San Antonio (Final Smash 3)

My AIM name is Shane200 if you want to drop me a line. Thanks.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
eet from vaughns name --

i got gta. its a really well-made game, and has so much **** to do its ********. plus the map is huge and after 3 hours ive only been around like 1/20th of the map :0

...so i mean if you like gta, you guys should get it. it definitely deserved to be a new installment, as everything improved so much, even online play.

and thanks for the heads up on that square game. once i finish ffvi, im definitely getting it. what system is it for? and sudai teach me to pirate games >>

-eet

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah...basically everyone in that vid sucked. The good parts were the flood edgeguards and a lot of the jab combos. Aside from that, everyone either didn't DI or just DI'd the wrong way. (Into the combos and Down/Away on finishers...)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Dr Mario Kart, Vaughn said he can house you. Just PM him (Mocha19) for details. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, then let me know.

Sudai and Greg, I'm free to play next week. I've got Monday night, and then Tuesday and probably Thursday afternoon/evening free. I'd really like to play earlier in the week if possible, so I'll have time to practice whatever I learn. Sudai, I'll PM you contact info, and we can work out when/ where to play.

Top Bottom