• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Robert Lee

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, sounds like the Nintendo 3DS can break if I play Super Smash Bros 3DS version. Probably won't get the game from what I heard from people complaining about the broken stick.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hmm, I could imagine smashing it too hard too. Don't want to spend another $100 or more on a new 3DS.
It's not that bad. As skjet said, play like a pro and you'll be fine. I just wonder what these people are doing for it to come off.

I'm finding foxtrotting to be pretty damn useful for footsies.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
i had the weirdest dream that peach was in smash 64. i was playing a team battle with who knows. weird dream

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
i had the weirdest dream that peach was in smash 64. i was playing a team battle with who knows. weird dream
I think peach was actually supposed to be in the game.
I have a lot of free practice time this week with Exams letting me out of school for 10am :).
I'm gonna level up majorly.

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
idk man just because you have free time doesn't mean you'll get better. "It doesn't matter how much you practice, it's if you practice the right way", but i wish you luck

Last edited:

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
idk man just because you have free time doesn't mean you'll get better. "It doesn't matter how much you practice, it's if you practice the right way", but i wish you luck
I always practice the right way and thanks for the luck.

Edit : Can Zach do this lol

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
nah he's not bad. realistically, only top 5 could beat him (and still could lose)
i know everyone wants to get hype and all but you also have to be real.
$20 moneymatch vs all of your Top 5 players. Let me know what national you guys are traveling to next. I can't turn down easy money.

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
On March 10th of this year I joined Smashboards. Mainly to talk to people I met on tournaments, but I started to really like the site and the people on it.(Except @ Juggleguy Juggleguy ) After a few weeks on the site, I noticed I started getting a few likes per post. Thank you guys, it really helped me get more comfortable with Smash in general. Thank you all for welcoming me again into this amazing community. On October 8th, approximately around 12 AM, I reached 1,000 likes!! Thank you all for this great milestone! ^^ I hope to be a part of this community for as long as I can! :D

Small shoutouts to people that helped along the way:
@Bomber7 : I remember handing my first entry fee, my hands were shaking and I was stuttering. When you smiled and asked me "So who's your main?"
Thank you so much for saying that, after that I wasn't half as nervous as I was before. You were such a great TO, I wish we could have played and talked more!
@ 'V' 'V' : When we "first met" we just played each other in doubles. I didn't know you very well then, but then we started talking more. I learned how nice and how much of a great guy you are.(Maybe it's a Zelda main thing) When you told me at the end of Open World Monthly 5?6? "Man I really want to see your Zelda get better!"
That gave me a lot of courage from such a good player saying that to me. Thank you, you're the reason why I got here today(Bomber 2)
@ Guzzler Guzzler Guzzler Guzzler My first Money Match victim. I remember how cocky you were, "Can you put your money where your mouth is?" "Justin told me you only played Brawl, thought you'd be free money" you were actually a really cool guy. Wish we could have talked more, you're awesome.
@ BSL BSL I'll be honest, when I first met you I was scared of you(Don't ask me why, I don't remember), then we started talking more. I learned how much of an awesome guy you are! We started talking even more and you're one of my best friends in the Smash community. Stay Peachy ;o;/

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
On March 10th of this year I joined Smashboards. Mainly to talk to people I met on tournaments, but I started to really like the site and the people on it.(Except @ Juggleguy Juggleguy ) After a few weeks on the site, I noticed I started getting a few likes per post. Thank you guys, it really helped me get more comfortable with Smash in general. Thank you all for welcoming me again into this amazing community. On October 8th, approximately around 12 AM, I reached 1,000 likes!! Thank you all for this great milestone! ^^ I hope to be a part of this community for as long as I can! :D

Small shoutouts to people that helped along the way:
@Bomber7 : I remember handing my first entry fee, my hands were shaking and I was stuttering. When you smiled and asked me "So who's your main?"
Thank you so much for saying that, after that I wasn't half as nervous as I was before. You were such a great TO, I wish we could have played and talked more!
@ 'V' 'V' : When we "first met" we just played each other in doubles. I didn't know you very well then, but then we started talking more. I learned how nice and how much of a great guy you are.(Maybe it's a Zelda main thing) When you told me at the end of Open World Monthly 5?6? "Man I really want to see your Zelda get better!"
That gave me a lot of courage from such a good player saying that to me. Thank you, you're the reason why I got here today(Bomber 2)
@ Guzzler Guzzler Guzzler Guzzler My first Money Match victim. I remember how cocky you were, "Can you put your money where your mouth is?" "Justin told me you only played Brawl, thought you'd be free money" you were actually a really cool guy. Wish we could have talked more, you're awesome.
@ BSL BSL I'll be honest, when I first met you I was scared of you(Don't ask me why, I don't remember), then we started talking more. I learned how much of an awesome guy you are! We started talking even more and you're one of my best friends in the Smash community. Stay Peachy ;o;/
I don't think we've properly met yet but I mostly remember you by the fact that you were imitating peach during one of my friendlies with Azure lol

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What would it take for you and other Oos people to come down here?
No offense, but you guys should be the ones to travel here, not the other way around. Midwest has hosted almost a dozen 100+ entrant tourneys this year, including a 500+ entrant one last weekend. What has the South done outside of Florida and Georgia?

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
No offense, but you guys should be the ones to travel here, not the other way around. Midwest has hosted almost a dozen 100+ entrant tourneys this year, including a 500+ entrant one last weekend. What has the South done outside of Florida and Georgia?

ChKn

Smash Ace
None taken, just wondering what would be the tipping point in our getting noticed. We're slowly building up our scene as a whole.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
None taken, just wondering what would be the tipping point in our getting noticed. We're slowly building up our scene as a whole.
I can't speak for others, but personally, this is my checklist for me to travel out-of-region, listed in order of priority:

1. Do I have the time, money, and energy to travel to it?
2. Is it going to be a well-run tournament with a sufficient venue and setups-to-entrants ratio?
3. Are any of my other out-of-region Smash friends going to be there?
4. Will there be enough top players in attendance for great finals spectating?

Typically I would need at least three of the four answers to be yes. Hope that helps.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
I can't speak for others, but personally, this is my checklist for me to travel out-of-region, listed in order of priority:

1. Do I have the time, money, and energy to travel to it?
2. Is it going to be a well-run tournament with a sufficient venue and setups-to-entrants ratio?
3. Are any of my other out-of-region Smash friends going to be there?
4. Will there be enough top players in attendance for great finals spectating?

Typically I would need at least three of the four answers to be yes. Hope that helps.
Perfectly reasonable. LSU's smash club just became official yesterday and we've got some big plans for the future. Maybe we can get something like Fight Pitt or Big House going eventually =)

Top Bottom