• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm really disappointed that PM wasn't recorded at summercon. All our streamers are bottom tier and shudder at the thought of staying past their bedtimes. Just saying. Now I have nothing to study for next event. If I come down and body again without any human practice for a month, Louisiana is officially 100% fraud in PM.

Shouts to people not knowing how to deal with projectiles and being mediocre at edge guarding good recoveries
Also double shout outs to PM being the last game to start for no reason. If anything melee should be last because it's the quickest.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I admire what my homie DF does because that man an myself have human practice like once a month. And then my casual friends always play with us. DF = The Robot 2.0?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Or some are too busy to make it to smashcon. Please don't lump everyone together
You're right, it was a little unfair to those that actually stay late for the sake of capturing hype. The RUSTON team is especially good.

EDIT: My tablet autocorrects ruston to be in all caps, unless I invest a relatively great deal of effortt to delete the word and type it again 3-4 times. Ruston2stronk

Cool, then lets pool some cash together and hire a real stream team. Like VGBootcamp. :)
#communityeffort
Or we could just get some of our streamers to step up their game. I'm not talking spending more money or anything ridiculous, but advertising their stream ahead of time so they get more viewers and have a good reason to stream top matches for each game, that would be fantastic. And it'd be a step towards growing the community. Look what the VGBC streams have done for Xanadu. They recently had over 90 entrants for a PM weekly. No doubt the TOs had some involvement in it, but I feel more people will make the effort to come out to events if there's more widespread hype and anticipation.

Also why was summercon so much smaller than wintercon. Is that a usual thing?

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
NEXT PLEASE
You have to squint, turn your head sideways, and get a few drinks in you.

The call outs. You should come to the People's Tourney DF, we'll have a good stream going there =)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1432569710341958/
I would very much like to. Probably will depend on @ RuslinJimmies RuslinJimmies ability to get off that day, or on somebody from Shreveport coming down for it. 60$ is a lot to pay in gas, gotta have somebody to split it.

Does SDIing on Fox's Upair apply for PM? If so, which why do I apply the SDI?
yes, and I don't know. Somehow I was getting it pretty consistently without even knowing where to SDI though.

Last edited:

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Look what the VGBC streams have done for Xanadu. They recently had over 90 entrants for a PM weekly. No doubt the TOs had some involvement in it, but I feel more people will make the effort to come out to events if there's more widespread hype and anticipation.

Also why was summercon so much smaller than wintercon. Is that a usual thing?
I agree with you to some degree, but now you're comparing apples to oranges. On a weekly basis, S@X has people like of Sethlon, Junebug, Pinkfresh, Chu, Nintendude, Vist, Vudu, Chillin, Logic, the brief but much hyped return of Azen, not to mention VGBC takes on huge projects away from home as well. If we started a weekly stream, who the **** would watch it? I wouldn't, and I know the people playing in it.

Your question, however, is a good one.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I don't think you got the point. I shouldn't be winning a game against humans without practice against humans. The only exception is bad humans. That is why I say LA is fraud in PM.
I wasn't saying there wasn't anyway for me to practice against people, because I could get a job so I can afford to build a computer for netplay. But I haven't gotten netplay yet nor had access to a computer for it in over a month.

Also wifi sucks gigantic donkey balls and I'm not even sure if you can use the new servers for PM anyway

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The reason summer con was smaller then winter was I waited too long to let Bomber take over the thread/advertising. I thought I was going to have internet back a longtime ago but iI'm struggling to post from my phone currently. :-(

I had a date confirmed and originally planed to post the event thread one month after winter con. But things didn't work out that way.

-Erick

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
So... I took my first ever trip to Lousiana this weekend, (that I'm old enough to recall details of) pretty nice place, stopped by Baton Rouge and New Orleans, had a blast, I swear LA is soooo much more in shape than TX lol.

Next time I'm in-state I'll drop a line so I can bop y'all in Smash :)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Read that as jnig007 and I was like YOOOO THIS DUDE LIKES JUSTIN AND BRAWLMAN A LITTLE TOO MUCH lmao

Zack plz

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you got the point. I shouldn't be winning a game against humans without practice against humans. The only exception is bad humans. That is why I say LA is fraud in PM.
I wasn't saying there wasn't anyway for me to practice against people, because I could get a job so I can afford to build a computer for netplay. But I haven't gotten netplay yet nor had access to a computer for it in over a month.

Also wifi sucks gigantic donkey balls and I'm not even sure if you can use the new servers for PM anyway
Your logic sucks

Griffard

Smash Ace
I can say for a fact that Baton Rouge plays less P:M than NOLA or North LA. Our P:M scene isn't real.
Not for a fact. Playing less pm than NO is impossibru. All of LA appears to be quite bad at P:M though.

edit: also having Summercon 1 week after Golden Chariot and 2 days after Shrimpy Shrimp was dumb.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I can say for a fact that Baton Rouge plays less P:M than NOLA or North LA. Our P:M scene isn't real.
We have a small scene, it's just very very much scattered right now.

Monday nights usually consist of me, Iceman, and TFerg playing at The Cove. BSL and Trey come and play from time to time as well (Though tonight they're probably going to be getting in from MLG). Magi is too young, so he can't come to The Cove at all. I Imagine that if we wanna play with him, we're gonna have to make the effort to play at Rocket's Hideout sometimes. Randall's brother plays there too, I think. Taylor has played P:M at The Cove like once. I know he doesn't really care too much for the game, so he'd rather just play Melee (Though he definitely is our best player in the area at the moment). You should try to come out to The Cove, Sudai. That seems to be our best bet at somewhat of a regular gaming day.

That being said, over the past month I feel that I've been making a very good effort towards getting better in P:M and better at smash in general. The last Open World Monthly combined with this last Shimp has pretty much convinced me as such. I've been doing my part in practicing and watching other people play. At the last Shrimp, I was able to take DF to his last stock in both of our games and that was the first time I had ever even played him.

The main thing is that I feel that DF is just far more dedicated to the game than everyone else in LA right now. The evidence is very much there in all of his recent tournament placements. We have A LOT of P:M players, just very few that are dedicated to just P:M. We have many more players that are either focused a lot more on Melee (ex. Taylor, Freddy) or ALL of the smash games at once (ex. Lee, JSalt), which limits their practice time for P:M.

Though at this point, I'm starting to lean a lot more towards P:M and less towards Melee.

It's Monday, so peeps should come to The Cove tonight!!

Last edited:

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
The rocket's hideout sessions are usually every saturday starting from 1pm - closing time, it's me and vile (steven) usually, sometimes turtle is there, and every once in a while a super extreme casual mistakes the game with brawl and wants to hop in. If you want a good session, stop on by.

(Just ask the people at the counter where the wii is, or just listen for the GC controllers.)

'V'

Smash Lord
Cool, I'll make an effort to come by sometime. Can't go this Saturday because I'll be getting bodied at CEO instead. lol

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
V when are you leaving for CEO?

Wait I have a phone​

Last edited:

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
My HD PVR came in a while back and I've been streaming a little P:M, Brawl, MH3U whenever I get my hand on a PC. Once I fix my laptop and get an EDTV I'll be looking to stream every event (brawl get's priority then P:M) and since I won't be carpooling with gunner anymore I can actually stay for the whole tournaments. So yeah I'm the new Chibo *****!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My HD PVR came in a while back and I've been streaming a little P:M, Brawl, MH3U whenever I get my hand on a PC. Once I fix my laptop and get an EDTV I'll be looking to stream every event (brawl get's priority then P:M) and since I won't be carpooling with gunner anymore I can actually stay for the whole tournaments. So yeah I'm the new Chibo *****!
How bad are you at MH3U

Top Bottom