• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll check it out once the video finishes loading. (dial-up sucks)

I noticed you dated when it was recorded but didn't for the other 3. If you want to date them too, here's when/where they were in order:
- vs. Mankosuki was 2005-11-19 at Anime South.
- vs. BoomStick was 2006-01-14 at Docking Station.
- vs. RAM was 2006-03-13 at the Mall of LA Tourney.

*edit: opps you had the date for RAM's. of course, since it was your b-day. :p

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I thought Tim was doomed after I saw you chaining his Fox. What do you use to record/upload vids Eric? I'd like to put up vids myself, but I'd have to shell out $50 bucks before I can and I'm trying to see if there are better alt. ways to upload vids.

eet

Smash Ace
well, you cal tell by the crap quality taht those were recorded with digital camera that can record video as well as still pics i think...its not mine, its phils >>'

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I actually have a digital camera that can do just that. Maybe I'll try that next time, who knows? Course, I could record with my webcam and get equally crappy quality or pay the $50. >_> I'd probably be cheap and go with the digital camera.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
@eet: yeah, plus your air-dodge SD on the first life. :ohwell:

@Sars: I use a Capture Card for ripping from VCR. It'll give you better quality then a digital camera since it's the direct video feed, but you won't get to hear what the players are saying either, if you're into that.

Here's a nice cheap one for you. Newegg.com

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
LCB12321: dude i sucked yesterday
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: sucks
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: i generally stay awesome
LCB12321: tim beat me like every time escept like twice
LCB12321: dont worry if i play u saturday ill beat u
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: lol
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: shyg
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: u wont
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: lol
LCB12321: we'll see
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: k

thats the extent of my recent bragging, but im still confident for this tourney XD

probably be seeing mostly marth again in this tourney but prob some falco, and some other mystery chars!!1!
honk

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
heh, I wouldnt call ur capn falcon a mystery character (its pretty generic falcon), but if u come out and play mewtwo then that would be a mystery.

hey eric if u have that match between me and tim where i like come back at the end put it up, i havent seen it yet cuz i dotn have the right program to play it (i have the file, so ill send it to u if u dont have it)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Mankosuki, you mind if I pm you later with questions about capture cards? I'm a total nublet when it comes to these things X_X

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
John says he's gotten way better. He says he just doesn't poke, but that he combos like crazy now and does things that he hasn't seen done with marth yet. So him and Ricky are both quite cocky. I hadn't heard much from Ray though.

And what can I say..i think I have a good chance at winning too. As does Lee. So yea, whatever.
I guess we'll just have a 20-way tie for 1st place.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
I just found out that under the rules in terms of stages banned that Corneria was taken out :) When was this change made? Its great having Corneria stage available for tournament play but Im curious as to how and why the change was made.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
Cyphus said:
John says he's gotten way better. He says he just doesn't poke, but that he combos like crazy now and does things that he hasn't seen done with marth yet. So him and Ricky are both quite cocky. I hadn't heard much from Ray though.

And what can I say..i think I have a good chance at winning too. As does Lee. So yea, whatever.
I guess we'll just have a 20-way tie for 1st place.
In my eyes I believe that everyone has an equal chance of getting 1st in the tourney. That depends on how the computer decides which attack would pull through, etc.. We've all had occassions where the computer decides to tard out on you ><

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
What? it has nuthing to do with the computer

Its all mental, if u mess up its not cuz of the computer, i think u can be as good as u want with any given character to the point where ur character can be formed and created into what u want given what they have to offer, sumthing that i think is unique to smash.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
sHy)(gUy said:
What? it has nuthing to do with the computer

Its all mental, if u mess up its not cuz of the computer, i think u can be as good as u want with any given character to the point where ur character can be formed and created into what u want given what they have to offer, sumthing that i think is unique to smash.
You got a very good point there man. I guess I make up the excuse when I mess up that its the computers fault. Never thought about Smash in that kind of way. Thanks S.Guy ^^

Now I need to make sure and bring:
a.) a good controller that works and doesnt rely on batteries (wireless)
b.) a positive mental attitude
c.) some duct tape to tape up my dirty mouth

Sudai

Stuff here
sooo, no one from my newly formed crew, including me, will be able to attend this tourny..we -all- got grounded due to bad grades.. /sigh

Well, our group genious isn't grounded, but his parents won't take him anyway so he'd have had to get ride from one of us. x.x

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys strangly enough ive been in Denver for 2 days now and the first load they get out of here is Coors going to Baton Rouge.I know ill be there friday and im gonna ask my manager if he can not load me saturday.Would it be possible for me to tag along to the tourney with you guys?of course ill help with Costs.

eet

Smash Ace
hmm, maybe so :D Im not sure yet which car were taking or like..anything but sure why not.

also, theres a big naruto 4 tourny at souther univ at 8pm sat night...im prolly gonna miss it. I wanted to win that. :(

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I wish I could help you guys with ride situation but I have a three seater and I plan on having 2 people with me. Unless someone doesn't mind riding in the back.
Oh and all this cocky talk will just make my victory sweeter when I beat you guys. I will be the best Ganon in the state, and soon the world.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Last I heard, Lee gave up on Gannon so you're probably the only Gannon in the state now. :p

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I've used Ganon in serveral tourneys, with little success unfortunately. Feel free to bring him back to glory because I can't.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I beleive I shall. I have been working on WD, and also on useing the stomp effectively. Not to mention working on chaining throwing the s**t out of fox and falco. So yeah, I will try my hardest to regain his glory that Fox, Marth, and Sheik stole.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ganon was my 2nd best at one point, and best at taking out Lee. I had a short period where i could beat all his characteres with Ganon, but he eventually got around him. In fact, he liked my ganon so much he started playing as him, and thats when i quit Ganon.
but yea, he doesn't use ganon at all anymore. And i don't blame him. Ganon really isn't a good character anymore. Back in the day, he was useful. But when it boils down do it, he lacks advanced techniques that the other characters have grown with throughout the years, while he has and remains basically just a constant, predictable shuffler.
He's just too slow and big to hang w/ most of the characters above him, granted he can hold his own against a couple like Peach and Capt.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
sorry to ask this again but did we ever get the time for the tourney figured out?

also, as it stands right now i have to work 6-10:30 sat night so i hope i can get off or i might have to leave rly early.

me and tim played about 5 games today
they were all rly close?
crazy

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I play Ganon as a secondary . . . I'd be more than happy to ditto you later but not for the title of best Ganon.

And Colin, Tony, Ryan, and I are going to play agains the NO guys over at Dibbz this Friday and maybe even regularly so expect us to improve.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I know for certain that I can't come over, and since I'm sleeping over at Colin's house on May 5th, he probaly can't go either. And Tony says he'll come over to our place also. Not sure about Ryan though.

Top Bottom