• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

RAM

Smash Lord
Mankosuki said:
RAM: Wanna smash at your place on Sunday again like we did last week?
Sure I'm game ^_^ I think my brothers may come week after not sure yet thou also I'll make sure that the AC vents to my room are open and that we don't think the AC is broke :chuckle: I know Dave must have been pissed

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
They're comming the last week of March or the first week of April? If it's March I could probably join you but if it's April, I'll be gone for a while. :ohwell:

RAM

Smash Lord
I think the weekend of the tourny, that's the main reason or whenever the tourny is being held for them to come, it won't be the last time thou my youngest brother who come he'll come again during the summer I'm going to fly him here. he's mad because I joined a melee crew. but You'll meet him eventually he's a real Idiot :chuckle:

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
We need to find some place and fast if we are still scheduling it next weekend (April 1st).
I'll quit bugging you guys over this. Bet yall are tired of hearing that for the umteenth time evcer since we got the bad news.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If we really do have no choice, we could always do it at the gametrader or just hold a tourney at some guy's house (invites only or something to keep the number of people down).

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
Sars_Pirate said:
If we really do have no choice, we could always do it at the gametrader or just hold a tourney at some guy's house (invites only or something to keep the number of people down).
Invites? That's goofy! This tournament was supposed to be a round-robin type pool to try to determine who the best players in the area are. If you hand out invites then it's like saying you know who's the best--and only inviting those people and a few others. But we don't know that--that was the reason for the tournament. This is a logical error at the most. We'll find a place to hold the tournament.

Someone will let us hold the tournament. Do you believe? Well then it will happen. Maybe you can try some public recreation center, say a park somewhere--or maybe a community center, a boys and girls club, or something like that. Well maybe not a boys and girls club, but you get the point, no?

I have the power to reserve the largest buildings on the UL campus, but I must have a legitimate reason, and I doubt that the university would let me hold a smash tournament. However, if you need a place to hold a tournament with a large amount of people, say 175+, let me know. I may be able to help--but maybe not.

Bermuda.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Rofl. I was just saying that if it turns out that we couldn't acquire a venue, then we may be able to play at someone's house. But since 30 people might be a bit too excessive, we could try to limit the number down.

Ideally, I think we'd all want to have the overnight Round Robin and test our skills against every smasher since everyone wants to see how they stack up. But in the event, however unlikely, that we can't get it together (since April 1st is a week away =O) then that might be one option open to us.

*shrugs* Is there a chance we could host this in a church?

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
"Come to the House of the Lord for mass.
Come to the House of the Lord if you are needy.
Come to the House of the Lord if there is nowhere else to smash."
--Bermuda

Lovely. It would be so cool if we could host this in a church! However it would be quite strange, eh?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
nothing wrong w/ a church. Thats where the FC3 was held, the largest smash tourney in history, as will be FC6 that i'm sure to attend. Its in SouthBend Indiana JUly 13-15.
Orbitz looks to able to offer tickets for 250. which really isn't that bad. FC3 costs 75 bux(covers food, housing, entrance to all tournaments, etc)

An expensive trip, but i guarantee worth the money.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yes quite expensive indeed... (and a 16 hour trip if driven for me)

I'll do Smash Aid & MLG Atlanta instead.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
It's in Atlanta, Georgia.

*edit*: I know my next post is long, but please read it since it's about the recorded matches from the last tourney.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Help me in Labeling

ok guys, I'm working on the Singles Tourney vids now. I was waiting for brackets from Taylor, but he doesn't have them anymore. It will still be a while before they'll be done (mainly cause I'll be out of town for a while) but the team matches are already finished and ready to upload.

I had tried uploading them before but the connection was horrible for some reason and 1 vid took an hour to upload... I'll try again monday, but before that I want to make sure I have everything labled correctly. So if you guys could look this over for any mistakes I'd appreciate it.

First, this is what I've gathered out of who belongs to each team:

1. Magical Unicorns - (Cyphus & Lee)
2. Panhandle Manhandlers - (Mankosuki & Boom Stick)
3. Team Ryan from Florida is the 2v2 MAsTAH - (Taylor & Ryan )
4. Homosexy - (EET & Flare Fox)
4. Team Cool - (Randall ["MARF" - Gannon] & Vaugn ["LOO" - Luigi])
4. Ahhh Real Monser - (RSIA & ShyGuy)
7. Fury Peaches - (Bermuda & IceCow)
7. n00bz - (SirSka & Peach_Fanatic)
7. White Guys in Black - (Phil & Iceman ?) - (Team uses Roy & Ness)
10. Sars Pirates - (Sars Pirate & Colin)
10. Cheesy Turrets - (Sudai & Sam)
10. Team BAMF - (Jake & Todd)

Some of the ones I'm really not sure about are: Team Cool, Ahhh Real Monsters, and White Guys In Black.

Also, here's the sets I have recorded and will soon host online:

01 - Flare Fox & EET vs. Mankosuki & Boom Stick
02 - Ryan & Taylor vs. RSIA & Shy Guy
03 - "White Guys in Black" (Roy & Ness - Phil & Iceman ?) vs. "Team BAMF"
04 - Mankosuki & Boom Stick vs. Sars_Pirate & Colin
05 - "Team Cool" (Randall [MARF] & Vaugn [LOO]] ?) vs. "Team BAMF"
06 - Ryan & Taylor vs. SirSka & Peach_Fanatic
07 - RSIA & ShyGuy vs. SirSka & Peach_Fanatic
08 - "Team Cool" (MARF & LOO) vs. "White Guys in Black" (WITE & BLAK)
09 - Mankosuki & Boom Stick vs. Flare Fox & EET
10 - Mankosuki & Boom Stick vs. Ryan & Taylor
11 - Cyphus & Lee vs. Mankosuki & Boom Stick

obviously, one's I'm not that sure about: sets 3, 5, and 8.
- Who is in "White Guys in Black" and "Team Cool"? What Characters do they play?

So any help you guys can give me in making sure I don't mislable these would be appreciated. Stuff like: who you teamed with, what the team name was, Tag/Characters you used. Just point out what I screwed up on. Thanks guys. :)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah . . . 4 is me and Colin. Good Lord that'll be a horrible vid rofl. But I swear colin and I will own the next time we play doubles.

RAM

Smash Lord
Mankosuki said:
ok guys, I'm working on the Singles Tourney vids now. I was waiting for brackets from Taylor, but he doesn't have them anymore. It will still be a while before they'll be done (mainly cause I'll be out of town for a while) but the team matches are already finished and ready to upload.

I had tried uploading them before but the connection was horrible for some reason and 1 vid took an hour to upload... I'll try again monday, but before that I want to make sure I have everything labled correctly. So if you guys could look this over for any mistakes I'd appreciate it.

First, this is what I've gathered out of who belongs to each team:

1. Magical Unicorns - (Cyphus & Lee)
2. Panhandle Manhandlers - (Mankosuki & Boom Stick)
3. Team Ryan from Florida is the 2v2 MAsTAH - (Taylor & Ryan )
4. Homosexy - (EET & Flare Fox)
4. Team Cool - (Randall ["MARF" - Gannon] & Vaugn ["LOO" - Luigi])
4. Ahhh Real Monser - (RSIA & ShyGuy)
7. Fury Peaches - (Bermuda & IceCow)
7. n00bz - (SirSka & Peach_Fanatic)
7. White Guys in Black - (Phil & Iceman) - (use Roy & Ness)
10. Sars Pirates - (Sars Pirate & Colin)
10. Cheesy Turrets - (Sudai & ????)
10. Team BAMF - (Jake & Todd)

Some of the ones I'm really not sure about are: Team Cool, Ahhh Real Monsters, White Guys In Black, and Team BAMF.

Also, here's the sets I have recorded and will soon host online:

01 - Flare Fox & EET vs. Mankosuki & Boom Stick
02 - Ryan & Taylor vs. RSIA & Shy Guy
03 - [WITE] Roy & [BLAK] Ness vs. [JAKE] Gannon & [TODD] Sheik - "White Guys in Black" vs. "Team BAMF" (?)
04 - Mankosuki & Boom Stick vs. ??????? (Marth & [NG] Samus/Sheik) (Sars' Team?)
05 - [MARF] Falcon/Gannon & [LOO] Luigi vs. [JAKE] Gannon & [TODD] Sheik - "Team Cool" vs. "Team BAMF" (?)
06 - Ryan & Taylor vs. SirSka & Peach_Fanatic
07 - RSIA & ShyGuy vs. SirSka & Peach_Fanatic
08 - [MARF] Gannon & [LOO] Luigi vs. [WITE] Roy & [BLAK] Ness
09 - Mankosuki & Boom Stick vs. Flare Fox & EET
10 - Mankosuki & Boom Stick vs. Ryan & Taylor
11 - Cyphus & Lee vs. Mankosuki & Boom Stick

obviously, one's I'm not that sure about: sets 3, 4, 5, 8.

So any help you guys can give me in making sure I don't mislable these would be appreciated. Stuff like: who you teamed with, what the team name was, Tag/Characters you used. Just point out what I screwed up on. Thanks guys. :)
Yeah I'm looking at the cd you gave me for the teams and I'm defenitely looking forward to the singles but not for me I already know how I got my Rear handed to me :laugh: but great job as always Manko A.K.A Manager of the Panhandlers

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
great, thanks Sudai.

*updated post* Now I just need to confirm if:
- "White Guys in Black" = Phil & Iceman (Who was [WITE] Roy & Who was [BLAK] Ness?)
- "Team Cool" = Randall [MARF] (Gannon) & Vaugn [LOO] (Luigi)
- "Ahhh Real Monser" = RSIA & ShyGuy

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
uh, what?...

The teams I was posting were the ones that showed up at the last tourney and I'm just making sure I have them labeled correctly for when I host the videos. You can team with anyone you want.

The Atlanta, GA thing is just where Smash Aid VII and one of the MLG tourneys are going to be. Are you refering to LA being in state crew battles there?

I think one or both of us are a little confused. lol

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
Mankosuki said:
uh, what?...

The teams I was posting were the ones that showed up at the last tourney and I'm just making sure I have them labeled correctly for when I host the videos. You can team with anyone you want.

The Atlanta, GA thing is just where Smash Aid VII and one of the MLG tourneys are going to be. Are you refering to LA being in state crew battles there?

I think one or both of us are a little confused. lol
Guess Im the one thats confused if anyone. I was just looking so forward to the Louisiana tourney April 1st. But hey if it cant be done then I guess I understand.
As for teams, Im not too sure at the moment who to team up with. I'll give it some thought during some practice runs prior to the tourney or if anyones interested they can PM me

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
lol those are all wrong.
white guys in black were vaughn (roy and something) and randall (ness)
team cool was tim (fox maybe, or marth) and shyg (doc probably)
ahh real monsters was phil (ganon samus marth maybe?) and iceman (luigi and maybe someone else?)

sounds about right

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 said:
lol those are all wrong.
white guys in black were vaughn (roy and something) and randall (ness)
team cool was tim (fox maybe, or marth) and shyg (doc probably)
ahh real monsters was phil (ganon samus marth maybe?) and iceman (luigi and maybe someone else?)

sounds about right
Ah, I see. of course I could pick out RSIA/ShyGuy but I didn't know their team name and knew nothing about Vaughn, Randall, Phil, or Iceman. Only thing I knew about Phil was that he played Samus but since he played Gannon in teams, I couldn't tell who he was. Thanks Taylor, I should have everything correct now. :)

I'll try uploading the team vids again tomorrow.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So then I guess we won't have a tourney this week? ;_; Oh well. But I don't think we should give up on the dibbz guys. I mean, I'm sure we could hold an overnight smash session there some other time or use it to run biweeklies or whatever.

Atleast we'll get new vids from Manko.

eet

Smash Ace
Yep, Ima hafta say its a no for smash tourny this sat. :( maybe we could all(by all I mean like...6 of you who feel like losing to me OH) jus go play at tims house or shygs apartment lol for friendlies or somethin?....w/e

RAM

Smash Lord
Sudai said:
Would have been better if that dino was just Lee's bangs. Don't put his face, just his bangs for they are the true source of his power!!
LOL!!!!!! Indeed. but you'll get em next time Taylor your Marth is pretty good. you just had a bad break that's all. but one day if a Miracle happen my uncle would let us use his ware house in Louisiana and we could have an all night round robin there right now it's just big and empty, but chances of me convincing him are slim to none. :ohwell: One day, One day

Top Bottom