• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
cause it's not...

I've got Dave, Steve, and John from Fort Walton. Plus Travis from Milton when he tags along. (maybe Suicide Dolls & Mr. Perfect too if they join up)

We go to tourneys together, we're just not all in the same town... :-/

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea..we need to all go to that austinTX-whatever tourney in Marth, SA7 in June, and FC6 in July.

Between the best of us in LA, one of us is bound to make to Team South.

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Zachary, LA "come down and see us sometime!&q
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 said:
radall (a local friend who will come) votes low tier
and tim (rsia) votes low tier
and all teh cool ppl are voting low tier.
so it will probably win xD
Radall? Do you mean Vaughn's friend, Randall? I thought he doesn't play this game.
sHy)(gUy said:
ill do a doc ditto with somone
I'll ditto you if FFox can't make it at the last minute or something. I've been wanting to ditto my Doc with Cyphus's Doc for some time now, because I heard that he is the best in Louisiana, and Doc is my main so I wanted to see how I compare. Oh well, he's not coming so I guess it'll have to be another time.

I will pwn low tier! w00t!!!!

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I'm planning on making it on time, with 1 other. Sars and someone else are coming a bit after, maybe around 2. And, uhh, me and sars are taking teams with falco+IC.

Or my G&W for low.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
No, you didn't steal any of my ideas. I was laughing at how funny it was that he misspelled March. I love how you pointed it out. xD

Flarefox

Smash Ace
The Importance of Biweeklies
Okay guys, there seems to be a lot of SAVII competition (as there always is) for the south team. These biweeklies are our chance to stepz it upz. Cyphus is right; Louisiana is getting better, and fast.

SuicideDolls

Smash Journeyman
Also, Joe Mamma, on ur sig, when Shake says that, he doesnt say "some men" he says "a prowler broke in"

OOOOoooooOOOOwwwwwWWWWWwwwwNNNNNNnnnnnNNNNNN

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Zachary, LA "come down and see us sometime!&q
Mankosuki said:
Joe Mamma: have you still not seen Cyphus' Doc in action?

Check out some of the vids from Cajun Showdown
I saw some of the videos with him using Doc already. I was surprised. He used a lot of the same tricks and manuevers I did, and a few that I hadn't even thought of, but there were also a few of some of my more creative moves that I pride myself on that I didn't see him do. If I ditto him, it should be VERY interesting. I'm sure we could learn from each other.
SuicideDolls said:
Also, Joe Mamma, on ur sig, when Shake says that, he doesnt say "some men" he says "a prowler broke in"

OOOOoooooOOOOwwwwwWWWWWwwwwNNNNNNnnnnnNNNNNN
Really? Oh well, it's still so funny it spits my sides. I'll change it later. Right now I'm late for work *hops on broom* no wait, it's low on gas *pulls out Mary-Poppins umbrella*.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I have another friend who votes low tier. He hasnt played seriously since i think around 2003 or 2002 but I think he'll do good.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
just talked to the N.O. guys. John says "owned" in a confident manner, when i told him about caveman, zulu, and mike G. well...good luck to him, if he thinks he'll just beat them in the austin tourney or SA7. He says no character gives him trouble but sheik.
as usual he claims he's gotten even better than last time. I let them know about those tournies, FC6 and the South Team. So hopefully they'll tag alon,g for a tourney or too. They need to see that there are alot better players out there.

They said they're going to the baton rouge tourney, so good luck taylor :D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
WHOO!!! I finally got my SSBM in the mail, but I can't practice now because I've been pushing back massive amounts of school work to today . . .

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Btw I forgot to mention another reason that I don't want teams. I noticed a problem at my tourney. Fitting 4 people on one tv requires alot of space. Assuming you guys use the same TV setup, you'd have to have 12 people standing horizontally. I don't think its geometrically possible.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
a few updates for everyone...
no one will win the low tier but me.
no one will win the 1v1 but me.
cyphus u should have asked if jonwu would partner with me.
i think atleast 30 will show for the tourney.
suicidedolls is my new #1 fav. smasher

and cyphus, i don't need any luck XD

edit::
i gave up on updating the voting for lowtier/teams but i think the majority is for low tier so all the die hard team fans will have to beg for it...
and probably wont get it.
<3

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
XD <----- to s.d.

and blaze makes a good point. gamewear is even smaller than the room at his tourney was so fitting 4 ppl around a tv, 5 times (5 tvs) would be impossible.

so i guess that settles it? low tier it is?

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Gay-tierLow-tier it is. :)

jk; my link needs practice anyway
Btw, I am making a simple La-Smash-Awesome banner/seal/shirtdesign/whatever for fun.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sweet!!! The Low tier tourney takes place after singles, right? I've got like a twelve guys I want to test out at the low tier tourney.

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Zachary, LA &quot;come down and see us sometime!&q
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 said:
and blaze makes a good point. gamewear is even smaller than the room at his tourney was so fitting 4 ppl around a tv, 5 times (5 tvs) would be impossible.
Nah, I don't think the store itself is smaller, but the area that we normally have tourneys in surely is. I think teams would be possible, because the tournaments there normally have three times as many people crouded around the tvs as the are people actually playing on them, because some of them are sitting on chairs and the rest are standing. I don't know why I mention it, since it's going to be low tier and so it is a moot point.

Yay, low tier!

Also, a funny thought hit me today. We need to create some trophies. They should be in the form of cups. Not necesssarily for this tourney, but for future tournies. Third place = mushroom cup, second place = flower cup, first place = star cup, low tier = special cup, n64 tournies = retro cup, team tournies = double dash cup, or whatever. It would be great if they were sculpted pieces of metal, but I don't know anyone who could do that, and it would be expensive anyway. Maybe something plastic screwed to a marble base with an engraved plaque on it or something?

And when you win them, you are the holder of that cup until the next tourney, when your title will be challenged again. What do yall think? It doesn't have to go exactly like that, just an idea.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
That's a great idea!

...for Mario Kart. :p

*Edit: Problem is, what happens when the person currently holding a trophey can't make it to the next tourney? Like it went to an OOS smasher for instance... ;)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Trophies would be kinda hard (kinda meaning . . . really). Maybe instead, we could do something like, the winner of the previous tourney is automatically given a free "I don't want to play this person in smash" card for that specific event. Like, if you win the low tier tourney, you can skip one set and still advance.

Also, a random tourney would own. That may be the only thing I'd win at.

Top Bottom