• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Sars_Pirate said:
Trophies would be kinda hard (kinda meaning . . . really). Maybe instead, we could do something like, the winner of the previous tourney is automatically given a free "I don't want to play this person in smash" card for that specific event. Like, if you win the low tier tourney, you can skip one set and still advance.
Would that mean that the person that would have played against the person with the free advance would automatically lose? That'd be gay.

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Zachary, LA "come down and see us sometime!&q
Let's just remember who gets first, second, and third place (and who wins low tier) and say they hold the titles I mentioned until the next tournament where they will have to earn them all over again (or not earn them). The only real incentive I can think of for holding a title is bragging rights, I guess. But that's plenty when it's coupled with the prize money.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Mankosuki said:
Sars: I'll give you a random MM. :chuckle:
Done. As long as I don't get kirby over and over, it's in the bag. >_>;;;

[Edit] for the free pass thing, I dont think the guy who you were supposed to face would get auto eliminated. Rather, the person who has the pass would advance while the other guy would have to play somebody else. And nice banner, but I think there should be something more Louisianany on it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ricky says he's been practicing fox's infinite. I'm sure he's just talking about the normal reflector-WD version, though, lol...cuz drill shining is kinna too big a jump in technical game from where they were last.(they WDed only like a couple times a fight)
And as a reminder, JohnWu said he doesn't have trouble w/ any characters besides Sheik. So if you can own him w/ anyone else...you get a cookie and bragging rights. no new on Ray, though.

supposedly though they're going to be at this. Either way..someone remind them that they still dont' know what competition is if they haven't left LA. We got Austin TX tourney, SA7 to go to, FC6...and there also OC2(California tourney that will have many japanese players) which is VERY tempting.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Great tournament. I was pleased with the competition. I enjoyed playing and meeting everyone. :) 10 hours of solid smash is intense.

Louisiana steppinz it up! 'Reppin the South! xD

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
Flarefox said:
Great tournament. I was pleased with the competition. I enjoyed playing and meeting everyone. :) 10 hours of solid smash is intense.

Louisiana steppinz it up! 'Reppin the South! xD
Me too. Oh yeah, that's with the quiz bowl team...anyway--I'll just mirror everything FFox said and apply it to my team. What do you guys get for winning a tournament? A few dollars. What do I get? A trip to D.C., baby.

YO FFOX, email me when you get the chance.

I'm sorry I couldn't be there this weekend, everyone--but first and foremost, I had to hand Tulane their ***. All of my teammates were late and so I had to play against Tulane without them! Oh yeah, I beat Tulane.

I'll try to make the next biweekly, 'k?

Jake

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I actually had a really good time over there. I was expecting to get *****, but I don't think I did that bad. >_> I'll have to set up my Capt's game if I want to really compete. I've got clsoe to no control. But I did find out my Mewtwo's pretty good.

eet

Smash Ace
yeah ryan and you guys got a lot better. Your friend had a pretty decent marth, but his down b spam prolly hurt him more than helped him vs me anyway. SOrry I had to sheik him, I woulda gone peach but thats too sexy.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Ya the (my first) tourney was good, the competion was better than i expected though (not enough noobs to weed out) ya i knew from my first match when i played ray i was in trouble, i wish i could of played a few noobs first so i wouldnt be sitting on elimination. Although i still think I i did well for it being my first offical tournament

Flarefox I respect ur game, u know alot about things i never would have thought of, our friendlies were fun and helpfull to my game.

To everyone else I played good games (i dont really remeber who i played, but i think i played alot of people)

Well the comp is so good i guess i will have to step up my game for next tourney, im just competive like that

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Rofl. We lecture him all the time about his down-B spamming. He only really started to use it to interupt my knees, but I think he'll stop using him now since I've really started to wise up against it.

>_>
The BR guys better watch out for us. We're starting to get good . . . Just have to get smarter when we play.

[edit]
I just remembered taht I did get ***** by Flarefox's Pikachu. -_-

eet

Smash Ace
I 2/3 stocked his pika with ness 8-) but he 2/3 my zelda with pika so w/e ... its all about character matchups imo.

you guys should come play us on like a friday or sat.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was talking to Tony (Marth player) about that. It'd be loads of fun, and we'd get in good practice. Plus, I've got to actually play a Peach. Since I'm the only one out of our little circle that plays more than one character, I only have experience against like 5 other guys and no experience against any low tier characters.

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Hey man I play Y.Link and GAW! I sucked at the tournament, as always. And I so0mehow had to play the same person 3x when I only played 5 matches, and he had to pull a lame Marth counter. Puh-lease.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
congrats to Ricky. Proud he came out on top. If you notice...in the 3 tournies they've done w/ us so far....first Ray won, next John, and now Ricky.
And since i won the V-games(lol) the next turn belongs to Taylor, Lee, of FF.

sounds like ya'll had a blast. wish i was there.
but i had my own awesome weekend. Today i ate break buffet w/ David Blaine and his 2 hot blonde assistants. Then we road around to see Katrina destruction, recorded stuff, chatted back in his hotel room and stuff. He did stupidly-awesome magic tricks.
and to top it off..he gave us 100 bux for visiting him, and he's going to fly me to NY to meet him for his next stunt and he wants me to perform!!!
WWEEEE

Top Bottom