• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

im drinking coffee, drunk, for no reason. it would be awesome to see Daniel (shyg) on the world series of poker of espn. that would be too good. like "****, i used to play games with that *****!"

i need more sex, with more different women.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Well, yeah I kind of figured that Subaby, but like Redson, him, and one other guy are always arguing.
I get mad at Battou fairly easily (As I am very sure many people do with me and my nubby-ness) because of something he did at the last tournament I went to. (Lol LONG time ago! I need to forget that ****.) First impressions suck, and he came off as an obnoxious, pretentious little brat who loved attention. I've come to accept him slightly more after being on Smashboards for a while, but he still aggravates me from time to time.

Then again, no one here likes me, so I don't even know why I bother to post this. I'm always flamed for saying "Stupid" things, and I'm a worse player than Battou. (Who, despite his name, really isn't worst in state.) I don't even bother to defend myself anymore because it serves no purpose except for feeding the trolls. All I can do is say, "I can't wait until I get to go to a tournament and show you all I've gotten better," and be done with it. I've been saying it for two months now, unable to attend any tournaments due to poor grades (Which is why I've been on Smash Hiatus) and family issues.

Oh well. /*****. Don't listen to me, I'm just listening to my iPhail right now.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I need a pupil. I think it would be fun to teach someone how to play.

I have a few people in mind, but idk. I guess ill go to the tourny sunday to do some scouting.

Hmm this could be fun, or a complete waste of time.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Redson, if you keep playing brawl for a long time and get really good. 5 years from now your going to look back at all you're old posts and laugh at how much of a noob you used to be. like when you read cyphus' old post about lvl 9 ganondorfs.

sorry i kicked everyone out last night
you kno i <3 you

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Redson, if you keep playing brawl for a long time and get really good. 5 years from now your going to look back at all you're old posts and laugh at how much of a noob you used to be. like when you read cyphus' old post about lvl 9 ganondorfs.

sorry i kicked everyone out last night
you kno i <3 you
I'm actually afraid that I won't get better. It's depressing that no matter how hard I try, my Sheik game never actually improves, byt my Fox game seems to have limitless potential- Potential that I will NEVER tap because I suck so hard at this game.

/still listening to iPhail

Esca

Smash Champion
Redson, that's your problem right there. Before a match, you already have the outcome in your head. You're always planning on a loss, thus psyching yourself out. Think positive. Sheik is a terrible character, play someone better, or you won't get better.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Redson, that's your problem right there. Before a match, you already have the outcome in your head. You're always planning on a loss, thus psyching yourself out. Think positive. Sheik is a terrible character, play someone better, or you won't get better.
I understand that Sheik is indeed a terrible character. But I've always found myself to be just plain dreadful with characters who are supposed to be good/great. Metaknight? Bah, I couldn't play him to save my life. I've always loved Sheik and Fox's playstyles, and because of that, I've never been able to move up to better characters.

I'm a scrub who just thinks that it would be a better accomplishment to win as character X over character XX, though. So that may be one part of my problem.

Hyro

Smash Lord
It's true. They're worse than me when I see a 5 year old.
...what is this normal? No one commented on it XD

Okay BIIIIG problem, Lee I need your help.

Tourney is on Sunday. Starts at 11:00. On Sunday, I have an ACT practice class. It's at the University of New Orleans and it lasts from 2:00 to 4:00. The thing is, I have to be there at 1:40 and it's about 25-30 minutes away. So I'm gonna need to leave the tourney at about 1:10 and be back after 4:00.

Um........what do I do??? I don't want to miss singles or doubles :(:(:(

Halp someone :(

Also, is anyone showing up early to Dibbz on Sunday? If so, let me know. Even if it's really early. If anyone will be there around 9:00, I'll show up so we can play a ton of friendlies.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I understand that Sheik is indeed a terrible character. But I've always found myself to be just plain dreadful with characters who are supposed to be good/great. Metaknight? Bah, I couldn't play him to save my life. I've always loved Sheik and Fox's playstyles, and because of that, I've never been able to move up to better characters.

I'm a scrub who just thinks that it would be a better accomplishment to win as character X over character XX, though. So that may be one part of my problem.
I completely agree. This is coming from a guy who often plays Ganondorf. People should play whichever character works best for them, whether that's Meta Knight or Captain Falcon. And yeah, you'll probably lose more often than not when you pick the lesser characters, but it's all supposed to be about having fun anyway, last time I checked. I think when you look back at the Brawl experience ages from now you'll remember more about the fun you had than your total win/loss record.

Esca

Smash Champion

Redson, try out Pit. I'll play you with mine online if you want to learn him.

Bragi, it's about having fun, but if you plan on improvement, you can't live with a character that bad. There's no way, and I mean NO way someone at your level of skill would lose if they played any character better. You have to get past that mentality that your doing something good by playing low tier, this game plays for keeps.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Redson, try out Pit. I'll play you with mine online if you want to learn him.

Bragi, it's about having fun, but if you plan on improvement, you can't live with a character that bad. There's no way, and I mean NO way someone at your level of skill would lose if they played any character better. You have to get past that mentality that your doing something good by playing low tier, this game plays for keeps.
I've played only three characters other than Sheik that I would ever consider maining.

Fox-Ask Bomber about this one. I usually 2-3 stock him as Fox, while I only manage to win by a thread as Sheik. I love dair approach. Doin it rite. Spacing? Doin it rite. Approaching? Doin it rite. Everything I do when I play Fox, just seems to come naturally. I don't even have to try very hard against Bomber when I use him. (This could be because A: He sucks, B: I've played him that much and it's upsetting)

Wolf-Whats the matter, scared? What else can I say? I love his free-style like fighting. Another character that just feels comfortable to me. I also love spacing. BLASTAH BLASTAH BLASTAH BLASTAH BACKAIR HAHAHAH

Pit- Dear god, I love Pit, despite what everyone says about him. inb4pedo. The problem? I. Can't. Aim. I can't aim with those arrows, at all. As with all ranged characters I've played, I've always been better with the more up-close attacks, and using the ranged attacks for mindgamez. I have to compensate for my lack of aim when I use Pit, by getting in lots of fast attacks.

I've also played Toon Link, and for a while, a few friends have been wanting me to pick him up. I dunno; I think LA has enough TL rep as is. (Bomber and Hyro) That's another reason why I've been so devoted to Fox; no one mains him. Fox has no LA rep, and this saddens me. A lot. He's a great character IMO, only burdoned by the higher-tier characters. Dair is always ****.

I would love to play you online, Esca. But I can only play on Fridays and Saturdays as of late, due to horrible grades. If the tournament this sunday was on Saturday, I would be going. Unfortunately, it isn't, so I'll definately be staying home again...

Urgh, I suck at this game.

r0ni

Smash Cadet

***** cyphus uses nothing but mid tiers, and look at his placings.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've played only three characters other than Sheik that I would ever consider maining.

Fox-Ask Bomber about this one. I usually 2-3 stock him as Fox, while I only manage to win by a thread as Sheik. I love dair approach. Doin it rite. Spacing? Doin it rite. Approaching? Doin it rite. Everything I do when I play Fox, just seems to come naturally. I don't even have to try very hard against Bomber when I use him. (This could be because A: He sucks, B: I've played him that much and it's upsetting)

Wolf-Whats the matter, scared? What else can I say? I love his free-style like fighting. Another character that just feels comfortable to me. I also love spacing. BLASTAH BLASTAH BLASTAH BLASTAH BACKAIR HAHAHAH

Pit- Dear god, I love Pit, despite what everyone says about him. inb4pedo. The problem? I. Can't. Aim. I can't aim with those arrows, at all. As with all ranged characters I've played, I've always been better with the more up-close attacks, and using the ranged attacks for mindgamez. I have to compensate for my lack of aim when I use Pit, by getting in lots of fast attacks.

I've also played Toon Link, and for a while, a few friends have been wanting me to pick him up. I dunno; I think LA has enough TL rep as is. (Bomber and Hyro) That's another reason why I've been so devoted to Fox; no one mains him. Fox has no LA rep, and this saddens me. A lot. He's a great character IMO, only burdoned by the higher-tier characters. Dair is always ****.

I would love to play you online, Esca. But I can only play on Fridays and Saturdays as of late, due to horrible grades. If the tournament this sunday was on Saturday, I would be going. Unfortunately, it isn't, so I'll definately be staying home again...

Urgh, I suck at this game.

Bomber agrees on: I friking suck. Cant play agaisnt his Fox of wolf without getting buttholed. Sheik game has dropped drastically (with me a PT wow its awsome).

bomber Highly disagrees on: Only TL rep we got is Hyro, not me. I consider my self worse than VG. VG is considered pro but yet not.... pro. confusing yes. best I can think of is Batto, he may not be the best but he still has respect for the most part, though at least his hasnt changed his name to IFail like VG has =/
Not to mention as Redson has said many times: I suck, I suck becuase I refuse to change my style. And how much of that is truth. 100%. But w/e. Unless I am mistaken there are like 4-5 post let alone on this page emphasising about people should just play who they like if they have fun with them.

Besides, Hyro 2-3 stocked me so easily that saying he didnt even have to try is highly an understatement and an insult to his skill(embellishment....maybe but I dont think so.)

@Hyro- sorry about that ACT thing. I hope I can get a PT TL match with you. I know I will get my butt handed to me but I'm feeling confident that I wont suck as badly as I did with TL at the tourny.

@red- nicole O. says hi(saw her at metro today)

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Err, who doesn't main fox?

<_<
>_>
o_o (looks at self)

....No respect?
It's not that I don't respect you- it's that I've never played you. How can I know if you're good enough to represent LA's fox if I've never even had a match with you? I've missed the past what...three tournaments, now?

I main Fox in Barlw. I think he's a blast to play.

Smooth Criminal
You aren't LA. GTFO.

JK Ilu SC.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey Louisiana, YOUR TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and bear are coming down to that garbage tournament this sunday....GONNA **** these swamp lands!!!!

r0ni

Smash Cadet
.....ricky can beat anyone with his ganon 0_0.....ma best friend....and lee can fawk people up wit dat fya sexy falcon.......666.....and cyphus would be as much **** as he is with mk as he is dk. he too good. redson, mk takes alot more skill to play than people think. you cant just pick him up and win first round......butthole good

-edit- i love esca....yeah

Top Bottom