• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
For the business cards that I am making, I would like to make the colors city-specific. For example, I am using Red/White for Lafayette. Would the following colors be appropriate:

North LA - Camouflage. What else are they known for except duck dynasty. Or red and royal blue for West Monroe.
North LA - Camouflage. What else are they known for except duck dynasty. Or red and royal blue for West Monroe.

Last edited:

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Some dude on reddit was going on and on about how the ruston scene was just as good as the baton rouge one lemme see if I can find him and shoot him a message

@deanelazab

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just introducing myself. I used to play with the brawl crowd at dibbz a couple years ago. I help run tournaments including CEO and Texas showdown. I have been transitioning back into the smash scene and wanted to help organize and promote the tournaments here. If yall want any help with stream exposure, casting, or working with twitch just hit me up. I will be here for the summer while interning at a law firm so I have plenty of time to help on weekends and afternoons.

VVB

SD Champ
Hey guys, just introducing myself. I used to play with the brawl crowd at dibbz a couple years ago. I help run tournaments including CEO and Texas showdown. I have been transitioning back into the smash scene and wanted to help organize and promote the tournaments here. If yall want any help with stream exposure, casting, or working with twitch just hit me up. I will be here for the summer while interning at a law firm so I have plenty of time to help on weekends and afternoons.
Where is "here"?

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
Like 5 of my favorite anime OP/ED's from this season just came out today.

Just informing people that I'm going to be taking the next few PM tourneys for free just because these tracks are gonna be on my playlist.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I wish Ness wasn't terrible in every smash game he's been in. Excluding PM because PK Fire somehow hits on shield(wtf).

Last edited:

ChKn

Smash Ace
So I've made a business card for the state in regards to advertising. This one is Lafayette's:

Once I get the rest of the colors completed, I'll put this on the FB group.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If people cant type Louisiana Smash on fb, I feel sorry for them.
In all fairness, not all people know how to navigate a forum. I used to be like that. It was a nightmare. If there's anything you could do to better direct them here, that would be awesome.

ChKn

Smash Ace
In all fairness, not all people know how to navigate a forum. I used to be like that. It was a nightmare. If there's anything you could do to better direct them here, that would be awesome.
I understand on smashboards cause this layout doesnt really advertise the regional aspect, so I'll amend that.

We do not have a static title for this thread, so i'll put Atlantic South as the final directory.

Last edited:

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
If you show up before the tournament, and the consoles are already set-up, you usually can play friendlies.

During the tournament, you really shouldn't play friendlies since the tournament organizers need as many matches to happened in order to progress the tournament quicker, meaning they need to use all of the consoles just for tournament matches.

If you are unsure if the set-ups can be used for friendlies, just ask any of the TO's.

@deanelazab

Smash Rookie
Okay. I was just wondering was it possible to have friendly matches too besides the tournament, but you answer it. Thank you sir.
If they have the space and you bring a setup then you could play friendlies. Just dont use the tournament equipment. I am not sure though since I havent seen the venue but at CEO we have a dedicated friendly area.

Sudai

Stuff here
There's usually friendlies before/after the tourney. If there's a metric **** ton of set-ups we do a friendlies TV or two but its rare to have that many set ups. So show up early and stay late.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
• Wednesday, June 11 from 4 p.m.–9 p.m.
I'll be going then. I'll only be testing out Pikachu and Charizard though, since I'm not sure if there will be time to test anything else out (depending on how many people show up).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention- if anyone wants some free hidden ability and/or 4IV Pokemon they should bring their copy of X/Y to the BestBuy Wednesday smashfest and/or Shrimp 005. I'll be at both.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I'll be going then. I'll only be testing out Pikachu and Charizard though, since I'm not sure if there will be time to test anything else out (depending on how many people show up).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention- if anyone wants some free hidden ability and/or 4IV Pokemon they should bring their copy of X/Y to the BestBuy Wednesday smashfest and/or Shrimp 005. I'll be at both.
I'm trying to get that manaphy for you. I'm fairly certain I will have it by shrimp

@deanelazab

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I was curious what the stream setup is like in the new orleans area. Do we have someone with all the equipment? I would want to help get the stream promoted and was wondering if I would need to bring equipment to these tournaments or if we already had it taken care of.

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
stream/recording setups always appreciated
too many streams may be a little clutterd but recording is always good

VVB

SD Champ
Hey everyone, I was curious what the stream setup is like in the new orleans area. Do we have someone with all the equipment? I would want to help get the stream promoted and was wondering if I would need to bring equipment to these tournaments or if we already had it taken care of.
I might pick your brain about streaming equipment... Looking for a new cap card (mobile).

Last edited:

VVB

SD Champ
Ask away, and for a card cap I would go with the LGP hands down. most reliability I have seen with a card.
I was in the fence with the LGP or the Elgato HD card. My only issue with the LGP is that it supports component in (from what I see), but only supports HDMI out. So, I would have get a HDMI > component and find a CRT that accepts component in or get a component splitter/amp to split the signal between the card and the TV. The Elgato HD has a composite/S-vid in adapter, which I would use a composite splitter/amp (which I already use now w/ the DVC100) between the TV and the card.

Am I missing something? What's the typical stream setup consist of with a LGP + CRT?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Any questions directed to me as of last night and on will not be answered until tomorrow. I was on a movie set from 4:30am to 7:30pm today, and I wanna die now.

Thank you.

Top Bottom