• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ah and yet again Louisiana will (probably) fail to have a great tournament with great players.
It's because no TO with experience wants to step it up and host one. Our TOs with any real experience are Ran, Randall, Taylor, and Vaughn. Taylor hates Brawl. Randall doesn't play for who knows why. Vaughn doesn't want to deal with the hassle of all that (I assume) and Ran just got back from CO so it's expected to be a while before he would even think of one.

D

Deleted member

i would be down to host if i didnt have to work every weekend. small chance i could do it during the summer but idk. and despite hating brawl, i would still run it, assuming everyone brought the **** needed cuz i dont have set ups for that.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i would be down to host if i didnt have to work every weekend. small chance i could do it during the summer but idk. and despite hating brawl, i would still run it, assuming everyone brought the **** needed cuz i dont have set ups for that.
It would be nice if people did that for every tournament instead of showing up empty handed. I'd love to see people run a 20 man tournament with 1 or 2 set-ups and deal with people being an hour late and such that I dealt with when I ran tournaments in BR. So yeah, bringing a set-up is highly appreciated and it does go a long way. Along with being on time.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Alterations

Yesterday was pretty fun. In other news:

This schedule concerns me; unless Curlz has obtained a Tardis, I don't know how this is going to work out. Granted, it's possible that has has become Dr. Who's new companion, due to his recent thing for gingers, while I was away in Denver. I feel that the schedule is entirely too ambitious, and I didn't want to mention it in the tournament thread due to fear of detracting players from attending.

I feel it shall be a logistical nightmare once the event attempts to run between set ups, match making [But I have a match over there!], and so forth. Glad I'm not running it.

Good luck.

You are right its very ambitious of us. The tournaments being ran are immense and the numbers will clock over 50 for each small tourney I have no doubt. On average n64 alone brings 60 , melee coming up the rear now bringing in around 50 and brawl should top out around 100 this time. Here we'll try to meet a middle ground n64 doubles has lost its crowd over the years so we will scrap it to make more time for every other tourney as well as space them out accordingly.

New Schedule

12-Open
1:00-N64 singles
1:30-Melee Singles
2:00-Tasol Brawl Tournament/SSF4:AE & MK9
3:00-Project M
4:00-UMvC3/Skull Girls
5:30-Thirty Minute Food Break
6:00-Mario Kart Wii
10:00-Closing Time

If you are concerned about our man power or our TOs being able to handle it. I personally have faith that our TOs and our many helpers can coordinate this thing nicely.

As for the fighters making it too hectic. I wouldn't be worried the fighters alone should be able to sustain themselves with Ryck from Dibbz doing the TO and we're looking to recruit Sarah from TU as well into our ranks. If these top named TOs in LA can't handle it then no one could have. I and many others hope this convention will launch a great chain of events that will help improve the LA scene. On top of that if venue time goes over don't even think about it the venue owners love us. They just don't take our event seriously so by all means go over the time limit that way they'll have to give us a full weekend come winter :)

"Final" Changes

-Brawl has 10 hours allotted (8 within schedule 2 over)
-N64 Doubles Scraped
-Schedule reconfigured

-Director of Smashcon Erick

Bomber7

Smash Hero
We also want to point out that we are keeping registration open for each tournament until it is scheduled to start, so be sure to arrive on time. We are making NO EXCEPTIONS. Make sure you know how to get to Ohana Pier, make sure you have everything you need packed the night before, and make sure you leave far enough ahead of time to make room for error in case you get lost.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So far it seems the people who will be going to hobo include: Me, JNig, D., CURLZ(?).
Well, the only person that's told me they wanted a carpool spot and have pre-registered is BSP... Anyways, I've secured housing with Sync for Friday and Saturday nights.

And I cannot stress this enough: Please bring your printed out, PHYSICAL ticket with you.

I'm glad Smash-Con decided to cut off some tournies, would've had a lot of DQ's to hand out.

Bomber, you touched on the key problems we have. People show up to tourney yesterday, and don't want to enter a $5 tourney (NO VENUE FEE), and the same people want tournies bumped up to $10 entry so more people will come? And not only do they not contribute to the tourney, they are the ones who usually delay it. Yeah, really motivates me to run a tourney... :ohwell: Good thing there's been plenty of tournies on the last weekends of the past few months lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
I have not officially pre-registered yet, but I should have it by tomorrow.

And even if I don't, I'll be able to do the At-the-door fee, so I'm confirmed. I'll get that pre-reg down though.

Curlz

Smash Lord
It's because no TO with experience wants to step it up and host one. Our TOs with any real experience are Ran, Randall, Taylor, and Vaughn. Taylor hates Brawl. Randall doesn't play for who knows why. Vaughn doesn't want to deal with the hassle of all that (I assume) and Ran just got back from CO so it's expected to be a while before he would even think of one.
This is actually offensive to me. I've been hosting tournaments since 2009 and have pulled in some of the bigger numbers in LA. What defines as experience to you?

And also,

Randall doesn't play for who knows why.
Its because I beat him. ;D

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I don't feel like reading through the last few pages. Sudai, how'd the P:M thing go? And this Smashcon/Erick guy is the most optimistic dude I've ever seen.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sorry if it's a bit offensive Curlz, but when I said experienced, I meant at doing well. Sorry but I've just never seen you host a tourney like some of the ones I've seen those other 4 host on top of the vast, vast majority of their tournies all being run extremely smoothly.

Icey, we did Teams. 4 teams entered then no one wanted to enter singles cause everyone was drunk/not-sober by then lol.

Okuser

Smash Ace
hahahaha gunnermaniac got **** talked by crs elementz because he sucks ****. too funny

edit: there are 21 guests viewing this thread!?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Don't forget to maybe bring a couple of wiis for HOBO. Sync has half a dozen TVs and only 1 working wii I think so its happened before that we had more TVs than wiis at a tournament.

D

Deleted member

there will be lots of people that get 1337.

just sayin.

oh and TaylorHJ#1767

BSP

Smash Legend
Yo adam, I joined SWF the same day Will did lol

And H@vok too

I dishonor today by not being as good as them :awesome:

Top Bottom