• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I live in Abbeville (20 minutes south from Laffy) and its not bad here either, but everyone that I know that lives in Lafayette says its iced over. Idk.....

Someon give Facey a ride!!!!

ChKn

Smash Ace
I appreciate the hype for Lost guys, but let's not forget about the weather. Please use your judgement and be safe when coming to Lost tomorrow. Lafayette is apparently iced over and has been the past two days.

If you guys are coming and the weather is still freezing and its raining/sleeting/snowing, I would rather you not come for safety reasons.

If you do still decide to come, please drive safely and make sure to not get hurt.
This.

The sun is out tomorrow, so we'll keep you posted on the conditions of the roads.

Curlz

Smash Lord
The owner of Game Over said he didn't want to cancel the tourny because of how hype its looking, but he said that if the weather conditions are too bad that he may have to cancel. I'll text/call everyone around 1pm tomorrow to let you know if its canceled or not.

If you don't get a call from me, its still on.

BSP, Team with me!

BSP

Smash Legend
The owner of Game Over said he didn't want to cancel the tourny because of how hype its looking, but he said that if the weather conditions are too bad that he may have to cancel. I'll text/call everyone around 1pm tomorrow to let you know if its canceled or not.

If you don't get a call from me, its still on.

BSP, Team with me!
ok, if you want to.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Just be a total smart *** and go, "How else can I get to know them, except for meeting them?" Seriously, when's the last time that there was a news article about there being violence/**** at a video game tournament?
I've tried this to to go to tournaments more... my mom used to complain about my grades, and now that I'm bringing them up a ton she's still hesitant and complains when I want to go. She talks about "Oh, couldn't you do other things than that, like going to the mall with friends." x_x

thanks for all constantly posting and wasting 5 pages to plan a car ride faggots

< 3
:laugh:

Curlz

Smash Lord
Just letting everyone know that I don't have setups to bring to the tournament tomorrow because my 2 TVs were in my car during the accident.

I'm begging you Louisiana, PLEASE BRING SETUPS! I want this to run as smoothly as possible.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Just letting everyone know that I don't have setups to bring to the tournament tomorrow because my 2 TVs were in my car during the accident.

I'm begging you Louisiana, PLEASE BRING SETUPS! I want this to run as smoothly as possible.
inb4canceledtourneyb/cofnosetups+weather

Hyro

Smash Lord
Blame Hyro, if he was being such a complicated douche, it would've been so much easier and less than 5 pages, despite me contributing to them.

I still <3 u Hyro, but you're still a douche until you teach me TL. ;)
Complicate? no i just don't give a **** about how anyone else gets there other than me lol

anyways, i texted BSP like last night but i'll post it here. I'm in nola now. so yall are on your own.

LA needs that... but aside from power rankings, we need a thread rankings too.

That's assuming anyone here is not lazy.
thread rankings?

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
@Blaise: I would if I was going, but I have things to do this weekend. My cousin officially makes 1 yr old and my sis birthday is on the same day, the SuperBowl.

@Saphy: Just say "Mom, I respect your opinion, but you're going to have to accept that I'm a gamer. I know that there's other girly things I could possibly do, but I like going to tournaments. They're just as fun if not better and gives me a chance to become a better player and to meet and make new friends." Thread ranksing would kinda pointless.

@Hyro: I'm not goin lol

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@Saphy: Just say "Mom, I respect your opinion, but you're going to have to accept that I'm a gamer. I know that there's other girly things I could possibly do, but I like going to tournaments. They're just as fun if not better and gives me a chance to become a better player and to meet and make new friends." Thread ranksing would kinda pointless.
Yeah, I did tell her that it's what my interests are and that it helps me be social, but she listens and then forgets... when it comes down to the times I actually come out and ask her to go to one, her reaction is the same.
I don't blame her, though, either way... there's a lot of stuff going on with her situation, and others in the family are in some roughness too.

As for the thread ranking, it's pointless, but I just thought it could be something to do so we could have a picture like the one ChKn posted, and also represent people who don't necessarily play much/ at all anymore but are still part of the community.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I did tell her that it's what my interests are and that it helps me be social, but she listens and then forgets... when it comes down to the times I actually come out and ask her to go to one, her reaction is the same.
I don't blame her, though, either way... there's a lot of stuff going on with her situation, and others in the family are in some roughness too.

As for the thread ranking, it's pointless, but I just thought it could be something to do so we could have a picture like the one ChKn posted, and also represent people who don't necessarily play much/ at all anymore but are still part of the community.
If my parents are super stressed or etc, I do my best to give them space and time alone to themselves. How? By leaving the house, just because they're stressed or feeling down doesn't mean they are going to drag me down with them. If they forget my reason for going, I just reiterate to the point in which they will remember and won't question me about it. It may be different for you because you're still a teen.

As for the thread rankings, just make a character selection screen and put people's names for different characters.

@ Blomber: I'm calling you this until I get the vision in my right eye back.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
You could try and convince your parents to let you play games, or you could tell them that you're going hang out with friends (or whatever kids these days say) and that you'll be home late, or you're spending the night. It wouldn't be a lie. If you need someone for them to reassure that you won't get *****, have them give me a call. Like Gio, I'm a college grad with a car, good credit, and I'm awesome with parents.

Ooooor, you can do like I did with my parents (accidentally, but it worked nonetheless). I got home from a party once, yelled rubbers a whole bunch of times, then threw up on my floor and covered it with newspaper. Any little thing I did after that didn't phase them. Ball was in my court.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Were all at dibbz and being the considerate person I am I thought id tell yall

Savon

Smash Ace
Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka.

Btw Turaz, Smash Lords of the East refers to New Orleans EAST.

kthxbai.

Have fun at Lost tomorrow ladies.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
If my parents are super stressed or etc, I do my best to give them space and time alone to themselves. How? By leaving the house, just because they're stressed or feeling down doesn't mean they are going to drag me down with them. If they forget my reason for going, I just reiterate to the point in which they will remember and won't question me about it. It may be different for you because you're still a teen.
Yeah, I'd love to give them more space, but they're very protective of me (only child) and are calmer when they know I'm at home with them. It is different with me being a teen. :p But the day I'm 18 I'll start doing things a bit differently.

You could try and convince your parents to let you play games, or you could tell them that you're going hang out with friends (or whatever kids these days say) and that you'll be home late, or you're spending the night. It wouldn't be a lie. If you need someone for them to reassure that you won't get *****, have them give me a call. Like Gio, I'm a college grad with a car, good credit, and I'm awesome with parents.

Ooooor, you can do like I did with my parents (accidentally, but it worked nonetheless). I got home from a party once, yelled rubbers a whole bunch of times, then threw up on my floor and covered it with newspaper. Any little thing I did after that didn't phase them. Ball was in my court.
LOLOL

The last time I actually stayed over at a friend's house... I think it was a little over a year ago. She will only let me stay overnight if she's talked with my friends' parents, and she would not listen to any guy... trust me. She wouldn't consider it. XD

I'll be 18 soon enough (not really, like 6 months lol) and when I am, I'll be able to do a lot more... that's assuming any of you are still here. :(

right-click -> adblock plus
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka.

Btw Turaz, Smash Lords of the East refers to New Orleans EAST.

kthxbai.

Have fun at Lost tomorrow ladies.
It's still gay no matter what you refer it to...
Turaz is right. You all suck.

Top Bottom