• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Savon

Smash Ace
I read a while time ago that Megaman wasn't considered because "he brought nothing unique to the game." I was hoping for Venom, but him and Cyclops were "veto'd." It's all weird, but we'll see how things unfold. But Deadpool will be a must have on all my teams! XD

Edit: Chkn, Santino should've won, I'm so disappointed.

Edit2: S. Ryu, u should totally accept Savon's $20 challenge. You're a chick, I'm sure you know your way around sausages whether it be in the bedroom or the kitchen. :awesome:
Arthur is like a spiritual successor to megaman. I like Cyclops, but you can only do so much with being able to shoot a laser beam from your eyes. The character was doomed to have a bunch of generic melee moves despite a few laser based ones here and there. I rather have been Green Goblin than Venom. Goblin could have been a grounded character most of the time, but summon his glider if he wanted to fly. He has LOTS of moveset potential, and a spider villain would have been appreciated. I am only upset at Sentinel. He hardly has any role in the comics these days, and he is only popular because he was broken in the other game. Hisien-Ko or w/e was also kinda unnecessary. Dark Stalkers has not had a game in ages, and Hisien-Ko was not even in the old games.

Still mad about no Dr. Strange. RAGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!! Shuma and Dormmy, but no Strange?!

Stop denying it.

Hyro

Smash Lord
So skimming the past couple pages it seems that I haven't missed much this weekend. Basically Hyro is too good to talk to noobs, Blomber is talking ****, Turaz is a troll, and Taylor wants to play melee.

Did I miss anything?
when did i say i was too good to talk to noobs...? i mean i am but when did i say it

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not too picky when it comes to characters, I'd take either Venom or Goblin. But yes, I do agree with Sentinel, he looks so cheap and broken, it's ridiculous. Supposedly there's more coming so let's hope for someone good. I def see MvC setup at CI soon enough.

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
So skimming the past couple pages it seems that I haven't missed much this weekend. Basically Hyro is too good to talk to noobs, Blomber is talking ****, Turaz is a troll, and Taylor wants to play melee.

Did I miss anything?

Please dont call me Blomber :urg: Atleast bbx. lul. I never talk **** tho. I just mess around.

@nitez

Sentinel Robot friction secks

that is all.

Also if arthur could never be anything mega man ever was or will be or be related to or be similar to or share the same characteristics or just anything period... Only Zero is the TRUE successor to mega man sonny but srsly he is the new mega man after mega man dies or w/e.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Arthur is better than Megaman. Like in his game and in the MvC universe. That's just something you're gonna have to deal with dude.

Who wants to ****in play this week? Anything. I'll play ****in anything from Madden to UFC to Smash to FPS/third person shooters, whatever. Hell, I'll play TCG, I ain't got the cards and I probably need you explain the game, but **** it. Call this muh****a. If you ain't got my number, you probably ain't important.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Arthur is better than Megaman. Like in his game and in the MvC universe. That's just something you're gonna have to deal with dude.

Who wants to ****in play this week? Anything. I'll play ****in anything from Madden to UFC to Smash to FPS/third person shooters, whatever. Hell, I'll play TCG, I ain't got the cards and I probably need you explain the game, but **** it. Call this muh****a. If you ain't got my number, you probably ain't important.
icemann, come with me and turaz to the yugioh sneakpeek

bomber, are you coming?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, so, I'm not going to that.

Edit: And Bomber you can ****in lick me. Megaman is a less cool Samus, and has a ****tier power-stealing ability than Kirby. He's just some jerkoff in a suit with a laser fightin a scientist (yeah, a scientist), while Arthur is fightin the devil and muh****in Astaroth. So tell me who'd you rather fight, a muh****a in a labcoat or Satan? I'll give you time to think about it.

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Yeah, so, I'm not going to that.

Edit: And Bomber you can ****in lick me. Megaman is a less cool Samus, and has a ****tier power-stealing ability than Kirby. He's just some jerkoff in a suit with a laser fightin a scientist (yeah, a scientist), while Arthur is fightin the devil and muh****in Astaroth. So tell me who'd you rather fight, a muh****a in a labcoat or Satan? I'll give you time to think about it.
Oh. the guy with pubic hair for a beard that runs around stabing goblins in the **** with no clothes on slaping his booty cheeks in the devils face after having millinos of crabs crawl from his beard like they do from your legs?

Arthur

/Fruity.

/endrant

also since hes a midevil knight he eats Ogre Hamhocks infested with maggots Halfdone on a Sulfur made fire.

/****

**** him and his synthetic Methane farty *** pubic hair beard.

Tripple edit to say iceman sucks Donkeyballs on a Maple tree branch.
and yea Bsl ill go with you to the tournament.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Ima rip the **** outta you if I get one.

Like...

I need that 50$ for whobo entry.

BSP

Smash Legend
So any BRers going to Lost?

And we really need to get a carpool set for Feb. Fight Fest and The Smash Lounge.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I could offer housing for BR players coming to both Laffy tournies that weekend (or anyone for that matter)

@Jio: I know its a standard rule, but alot of players seem to not understand that. >.<

Turazrok

Smash Master
Your credibility went down when you started smoking weed.

You'll probably sell my kidney the night before I murder you.

Turazrok

Smash Master
He'd do it too.

He will cp you to Norfair like the ****** he is.

Why is that **** legal?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
In a 3/5 set the stage that you ban stays for the entire set. So if (when) I beat Curlz and decide to ban Norfair, after i beat him the second time I can't switch my ban to another level.
ah, ok. cause i MM'd curlz once and i didnt get a character ban, so i wasnt sure if he pulled a fast one over me.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'd never CP a Kirby to Norfair. The only characters I think I do CP to Norfair is Olimar, D3, Falco, and Luigi.

Also @Turaz, Idc how much of your cred went down for me. I'm better than you. :3

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
He'd do it too.

He will cp you to Norfair like the ****** he is.

Why is that **** legal?

Counterpicks are supposed to give the player who lost an advantage over the player who won. I have no problem with it but some people don't view it the same as I do. If you lose round one and you play a character that has an excellent ledge and sharking game, Norfair is a perfect counterpick.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81288119/

Turazrok

Smash Master
Counterpicking should give you an advantage not a guaranteed win. Olimar and D3 among others get buttraped so hard on that stage its ludicrous.

Because if it was just about giving advantages all stages would be legal.

I can argue any stage gives some character an advantage, a line does need to be drawn when it gets ridiculous.

Top Bottom