• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Awaited R.O.B Moveset Tier List Topic

stingers

Smash Obsessed
(stfu okay)

Laser (Weak)
Fair

High
Dsmash
Ftilt
Gyro
Nair
Robo Burner (aka Up B)

Mid
Bair
Dtilt
Laser (Fully Charged)
Fsmash
Utilt
Uair
Bthrow

Low
Getup Attack
Uthrow
Dthrow
Jab
Dash Attack
Fthrow
Dair
Usmash

Bottom
Laser (Point Blank)
Side B

Post your own thoughts...please. Please.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Its just uh...a tier list. You know. Combine every factor there is and these are what moves shine out as the most useful.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
How is get-up attack even higher than uthrow, which can kill? Also, you should differentiate between >100% get up attack and <100% get up attack. However, overall, it's extremely consistent with my thoughts. Good job stingers in creating this!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
How is get-up attack even higher than uthrow, which can kill? Also, you should differentiate between >100% get up attack and <100% get up attack. However, overall, it's extremely consistent with my thoughts. Good job stingers in creating this!
Well, they're used for different purposes. Many times, by the time Uthrow can kill, you could've killed 20% earlier with an easy-to-hit-with Nair. The Uthrow isn't that great of a move for killing purposes, it's only there in case you happen to get a grab when you couldn't kill them before.

Getup attack is usually one of the safest ways onto the stage for ROB, also, it has a great range and helps diminishing returns. :p

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Well, they're used for different purposes. Many times, by the time Uthrow can kill, you could've killed 20% earlier with an easy-to-hit-with Nair. The Uthrow isn't that great of a move for killing purposes, it's only there in case you happen to get a grab when you couldn't kill them before.

Getup attack is usually one of the safest ways onto the stage for ROB, also, it has a great range and helps diminishing returns. :p
I do agree with you on uthrow, that it's a very situational kill move, but I think that it is, at least, better than the >100% get-up attack, which is extremely easy to see coming and leads to a free shield grab. However, I concede that the uthrow is not as good as the <100% get-up attack, which does have more uses. Also, one other thing that I have been wondering about is the difference between the fthrow and bthrow. Is it that the bthrow has more knockback or a better trajectory? I have always thought that they were essentially the same.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
afaik, Bthrow has more knockback. That's what I've always witnessed. I've never done any "formal testing." Plus, Bthrow sets up for edgeguards 99% of the time and Fthrow usually does not ever knock people off the stage. If it does, they can usually get back before you do anything.

Also, whats the difference between >100% getup attack and <100% getup attack? I never knew there was one :laugh: I thought the little extend the arm and make that huge blocky fist was his only getup attack o_O

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Spotdodge (lol)
Gyro
Up B
Dsmash

High
Bair
Laser
Fair
Ftilt
Dtilt

Mid
Nair
Fsmash
Utilt
Uair
Jab
Dash attack

Low
Uthrow
Dthrow
Bthrow
Fthrow
Dair
Usmash

Bottom
Side B...

Not including getup attack. It's only as good as however good the person predicting you is >_______________>

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dsmash is a veeeeeeeeery good move. even :when its SDIed out of you can't be punished. except like...marth. and you're never gonna hit marth with dsmash anyway :p

nair and bair should never be spammed, which limits their usefulness right away. thats how I see it, anyway. they're still excellent moves...

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Spotdodge (lol)
Gyro
Up B
Dsmash

High
Bair
Laser
Fair
Dtilt
Nair

Mid
Dtilt
Fsmash
Uair
Utilt
Uthrow
Dthrow

Low
Jab
Dash attack
Bthrow
Fthrow
Dair
Usmash

Bottom
Side B...

Not including getup attack. It's only as good as however good the person predicting you is >_______________>
which one is Ftilt?

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
which one is Ftilt?
dam theres some leftover copy past sorry...

dsmash is a veeeeeeeeery good move. even :when its SDIed out of you can't be punished. except like...marth. and you're never gonna hit marth with dsmash anyway :p

nair and bair should never be spammed, which limits their usefulness right away. thats how I see it, anyway. they're still excellent moves...
Yeah. Even though when ROB can Dsmash he can always do five other things, It's got perfect range, great after glide toss, and it's great when you don't know where someone will land or if you know they will be vulnerable when they do (see my vid @ 0:12.) Basically, it's the perfect savior when you're having trouble following your opponent.

No, Bair should not be spammed, but it's a great RAR because it auto spaces you. Also, it's got broken priority and it has hitboxes on both sides of it. Perfect out of RAR.

Nair on one hand has combo potential, is a great KO move and has nuts hitboxes. But on the other hand, it's predictable and kinda slow. It's also hard to tip and so is easily punished. I had a lot of trouble placing nair in my list. I didn't know what would replace it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no i want to see what you said :(

also, more people should make their own lists. I want to come up with a general consensus so I can update the first post lolz

TeeVee

Smash Lord
These lists are highly subjective based on personal playstyles, here is mine (Based on how I play)

Bair
Gyro
Laser
Nair

High
Fair
F tilt
D smash
D tilt
F smash

Mid
Uair
All Throws
Jab
Up tilt

Low
Grab release
Up smash
Dash Attack
Dair

Falcon
Side - B

-Didn't know where to put Up B, it's amazing ; I just can't figure out where to put it
-Not including get up attack
-I got lazy with the throws
-This was done in about 2 minutes and is subject to change

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
These lists are so pointless...

That said, here's mine:

Up-B
Fair
Gyro

High
Laser
Ftilt
Bair
Uair
Dsmash

Mid
Fsmash
Nair
Utilt
Dtilt
Jab

Low
Dthrow
Bthrow
Uthrow
Fthrow
Usmash

Bottom
Dash Attack
Dair
Side B

buenob

Smash Lord
downdodge -> downsmash == god-tier lol

seriously though, my thoughts are:

top:
dsmash
dodge
gyro
upb

high:
ftilt
fair / nair / fully charged laser / bair
weak laser
titled fsmash
uair
dtilt
zair gyro

mid:
dthrow
jabs
fmash
fthrow
uthrow
bthrow
usmash

low:
dash attack
dair
sideb

i wanted to put sideb higher because it's a great random mind-gamez but it's so situational that I had to put it down there... I also think that compared to other characters, there is no "bottom" tier of robs moves beacuse every one of his moves are usable...

also dash attack sets up for uair/usmash perfectly if you land it, and I find that if I am going to grab someone, it's usually not to kill them... either to ledge or get them above me for uair//mindgames

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Hey now, useless fun topic is fun! I know robots don't have emotions but we don't always have to be :supersrs:, so my list... And no, I'm not listing joke options like get-up attack or spot dodge.

Actually, I'm gonna be :halfsrs: and list reasons for my placement where necessary. That's just how I am.

Top - What defines ROB.
Robo Beam - Gyro is awesome too, but laser sniping iz 2 gud
Gyro
Robo Burner

High - ROB's staple melee attacks.
FAir
FTilt
DSmash
NAir

"Mediocre"
DThrow
UAir
UTilt - Not as useful as some of the lower moves simply because UAir outclasses it, but still good of its own accord.
DTilt
Side Throws - Grouped together since I basically use them the same way -- whichever one throws them off the stage is the one I pick.
BAir

Low
FSmash
Dash attack
DAir - I can land these slightly more often than a USmash. :p
USmash
UThrow - Useful "last resort" kill move, but at least the above two attacks can nab really early kills if you land them.
Jab combo - It's not bad per se, just largely unused with DTilt or a Grab leading to follow-ups. Kinda slow for a Jab, though.

The only real garbage-tier ROB attack has is... Yeah, it's so bad I'm purposely not even listing it. It's actually so bad, it's sometimes good. ò_ó I mean, it's not Volcano Kick bad, you can sometimes get away with using it. It kinda acts like a really bad version of DK's Up-B and reflects choice projectiles if you read the opponent well in advance...

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Me like!
But wouldn't you say that Uthrow might be a little higher since it can kill at around 150+% (depending where you're at)
It's an 'easy' resolution if you just can't finish them lol.

Awesome list ^_^

p.s. GYRO FOR TOP TIER lol

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Fair
Gyro (Including all the crazy drop-combos, throw-and-catch combos that I'm falling in love with more and more every day)
Laser

High
Nair
Ftilt
Bair (I LOVE the Bair tackle>Buffered Dtilt>Dmsash)
Dthrow
Uair
Dsmash

Mid
Usmash
Fsmash
Dtilt
Jab
Dash Attack
Dair

Low
Utilt
Bthrow
Uthrow
Fthrow

Broken Parts- Please Recycle!
Side B

Edit:
Also, whats the difference between >100% getup attack and <100% getup attack? I never knew there was one :laugh: I thought the little extend the arm and make that huge blocky fist was his only getup attack o_O
<100%, ROB essentially climbs up and does a dtilt. >100 is definitely better though. Especially against Game adn Watch and Ice Climbers. (In my experience anyway)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
O____________O how is that even possible for a ROB ?

I made one of these for the hell of it..remember this is for how I play ROB ;)

Spotdodge
Gyro
Fair
Dsmash

High
Up B
Laser
Nair
Bair
Ftilt

Mid
Dtilt
Fsmash
Uair
Dthrow

Low
Jab
Usmash
Dair
Uthrow
Utilt
Fthrow
Dash Attack

Bottom

Side B

Azuzu

Smash Cadet
I'll give it a shot...

Dsmash
Gyro
Ftilt
Laser

High
Up B
Nair
Fair
Bair
Fsmash

Mid
Uair
Dtilt
Usmash
Utilt
Uthrow

Low
Dthrow
Bthrow
Fthrow
Jab
Dash Attack
Dair

Bottom
Copter

Sudai

Stuff here
Up-B
Fair
Gyro
Laser

High

Ftilt
Bair
DTilt
Uair
Dsmash

Mid

Jab
Fsmash
Nair
Utilt

Low

Dthrow
Bthrow
Uthrow
Fthrow
Usmash

Bottom

Dash Attack
Dair
Side B

buenob

Smash Lord
ok seriously, side-b has some very serious uses...

against predictable projectiles it's a great move... if a lucario is at high %'s (which often happens 'cause rob has trouble killing) and gains the advantage, lots of Lucario players will throw out the charged b move to zone, as rob can't air-dodge from the upb and he has to perform a move... while this is easy to avoid, it forces rob into a predictable spot, which is just in the other players favour

to stop this, a side B, though very slow to start and predictable, when anticipating this, will often hit luc or even kill because they aren't expecting it... if the luc does shield, he has the shield stun so he can't aggro. ledge you, and you are in a better position than had you not...

i'm using lucario as an example because he's one of the highest tier'd players with the great projectile, but obviously it works for all spammy chars...

secondly, after a fully charged gyro or some sever aggro pressure the opponent is often at low shields... it's well known that side-b is a great shield poker, and with the final hit with decent enough knockback it's a good option... again, if you use it in a predictable way, you will get punished (i'm pretty sure it can even be di'd out of before that last hit) but as long as you don't spam it, and you don't mindlessly carry out the attack to the full length it is a solid choice of move

thirdly, it's another attack... even if you watch OS he uses it occasionally... not in every scenario, but keeping the opponent on their toes, wondering what you're going to do next is key to rob. He's all about the spacing, and if you stick to just your "bread and butter" then a good player will quickly pick up on your habbits...

having another option to attack, with an odd momentum shift, and variable length... if his other moves weren't so good, this would seem like a great choice

--

lol and while I'm at it I may as well say that dash attack also is a great stuational move... dtilt trip -> dash attack -> upsmash could mean an early KO, which for ROB is a blessing...

I think this tier list thing as a whole is a blessing and a curse because although it helps new players pick up on the better moves, it gives the false impression that the low/bottom tier moves are bad, and are always a worse option than the higher tier ones

Sudai

Stuff here
It's not that Side-B in of itself is horribad (it really is, but I'm talking as if everything you said were true) there's ALWAYS better options.

Reflecting - If you have time to do it, they have time to dodge. Useless
Shield Poking - DTilt sets up much better options and is much safer.
It's Another Move - Just because it's a move doesn't mean you should be using it. Yes, it gets thrown in every 50-60 games. lol.

buenob

Smash Lord
if a luc b's and then rushes forward, if I dodge through it I will get punished pretty hard...
dtilt is better and much safer, but if they are expecting the dtilts then they will punish you
and yeah, I'd have to say I use it once or twice every 30 games, but that's about right

Top Bottom