• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Awaited R.O.B Moveset Tier List Topic

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I recorded some matches against a MK today and I used Side B once

I actually remember using Side B because it's such a rare occasion

I'll post them here lolz <_<

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh, do you mean Approaching Bairs?

I usually never risk those anymore. But they're good every once in awhile.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Spotdodge is soooooo good.
High-
Lazaaaa
Gyro
Fair
Dsmash
Ftilt
Mid-
Robo burner
Nair
Bair
Dtilt
Uair
Useful-
Uthrow
Bthrow
Jab
Fsmash
Low-
Usmash
Fthrow

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, approaching BAirs is what I think ND meant. I never use approaching BAirs either, doesn't mean it's not my favorite "combo" though. Liking something doesn't mean it's always useful, but c'mon, who doesn't love headbutting someone then knocking their legs out from under them?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, approaching BAirs is what I think ND meant. I never use approaching BAirs either, doesn't mean it's not my favorite "combo" though. Liking something doesn't mean it's always useful, but c'mon, who doesn't love headbutting someone then knocking their legs out from under them?
People that like winning :laugh:

But really, I've done it before too. It's a useful "surprise" combo...just not something you do more then once a set. And I mean approaching Bairs period :p

buenob

Smash Lord
I never thought to try a side-b after a retreating bair because I'm usually a good distance away for a nice safe ftilt (or another bair lol)... I would say this is an example of being 'another move' to use in a situation... obviously there are other // better moves to use, and 99% of the time you wouldn't throw out that side b (i hope)

100% agree with sudai on the aggro bair -> dtilt... though depending on their shield state a nice dsmash is often in order... i find char's with quick punishes (marth's upb // sideb, snakes jabs / tilts) have an easier time catching me after a blocked dtilt than a blocked aggro bair (ie. i sometimes go straight for the dsmash-through-shield instead of trying the dtilt)... though I am assuming the bair is shielded there lol, dtilt = the way to go when you hit with the bair at low %'s

Sudai

Stuff here
Approaching BAirs do have a use..but they're not really "approaching" in that sense. FAir the top of a shield (very poor spaced on purpose) and then BAir with your Torso inside their shield. Even more situational than approaching BAirs, but nice if you mess up your spacing for the FAir -really- badly. :x

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I Fair -> Bair occasionally. But Bair -> Side B would require Bair to be your first move and then you'd have to use Side B in the air. I...think. Thats why I was badmouthing it.

I don't feel like testing it it's useless x_x;

buenob

Smash Lord
if you train them to expect a sh-fair -> retreat it definitely catches people off-guard... sometimes I don't even throw the fair out and delay the bair... let them hold their shield for a second, depleted + the chance they will try to 'punish' you for sitting in front of them doing nothing... obviously _extremely_ situational, but it works as a great mind-game against a semi-low shield or defensive player

ninjaedit: I also am not going to 'test' that lol... I think that all my defense of sideB has given a bit of a bad 'first impression' on me... it's not a great move, I just think that to discount it means lowering your game

Sudai

Stuff here
I haven't tested anything with Side-B since Copter Hopping. That is by far the best of use of Side-B imo, and even that's not that great.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ninjaedit: I also am not going to 'test' that lol... I think that all my defense of sideB has given a bit of a bad 'first impression' on me... it's not a great move, I just think that to discount it means lowering your game
oh i don't discount it. I killed a lucario with a ninja side-b on his aura sphere at like 140% in the losers semi finals at a recent tournament :laugh:

it's just ROB's worst move. doesn't mean it's bad. ROB has an amazing moveset

Sudai

Stuff here
Buenob, you shouldn't have mentioned it. This is the first time I looked at your name (I recognize people by avatar+sig usually.) so you could have gotten away with just changing your avatar. :p

Really though, I haven't gotten a bad impression of you yet if that means anything to you. I like when people try to defend their beliefs even if I don't really agree with them.

buenob

Smash Lord
How can you put anything on the same level as side-b?
lol it was this post that got me going :) I normally stick to my regional thread and just read these boards in peace, but I felt I had to speak up when I read that

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well I'd agree with him. Side B is definitely ROB's worst move :laugh:

It has it's uses (unlike say...Shiek's Down B), but it's not something you should use more then...once a set. Except against a particularly campy Lucario/Olimar

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Not even in Brawl

(I'm jk I use Zelda and Shiek :D But in the set I just recorded I stayed as Shiek basically the whole time because he was Ganon <_< lol ganon)

Sudai

Stuff here
lol, yeah.

I wasn't even talking about using Zelda really. She's good for KOing, but transforming then going back resets all of Shiek's moves. Great to do when the opponent gets star KO'd. Not a huge effect, but every little bit helps, ya know?

buenob

Smash Lord
lol yeah I probably shouldn't have... I've tried having a good discussion before on these boards and it failed, and I'm used to reading posts like 'vids or you suck' so I guess I just assumed I would be treated the same... glad to know i'm not :) lol

I would definitely put sideB at the bottom, though weather it shares the spot with Dair... ... I'm on the fence with that one no dair is definitely better...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
actually, I think it really is a huge effect. I normally take great advantage of the resetting moves with down b. but I mean...against a ganon? why bother switching o_o you can get the ganon to 90% in 10 seconds anyway with shiek

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol yeah I probably shouldn't have... I've tried having a good discussion before on these boards and it failed, and I'm used to reading posts like 'vids or you suck' so I guess I just assumed I would be treated the same... glad to know i'm not :) lol

I would definitely put sideB at the bottom, though weather it shares the spot with Dair... ... I'm on the fence with that one
ugh, no way. Dair is sooooooooooooo underrated it's amazing.

buenob

Smash Lord
haha i would disagree in a loose sense though I definitely agree (with both comments above) , but I find the DAir to be char matchup dependent, and the chances of getting even remotely close to a melee vs. brawl discussion does not seem appealing to me right now lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
01000100 01100101 01100001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110000 01100101 01101111 01110000 01101100 01100101 00100001

buenob

Smash Lord
I also despise the meat people, though prefer to converse in their language lol
-- [random]something about 0010000 being a space is pleasing to me... i don't know why lol [/random]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Up-B
Fair
Gyro

High
Laser
Ftilt
Bair
Uair
Dsmash

Mid
Fsmash
Nair
Utilt
Dtilt
Jab

Low
Dthrow
Bthrow
Uthrow
Fthrow
Usmash

Bottom
Dash Attack
Dair
Side B
Up-B
Fair
Gyro
Laser

High

Ftilt
Bair
DTilt
Uair
Dsmash

Mid

Jab
Fsmash
Nair
Utilt

Low

Dthrow
Bthrow
Uthrow
Fthrow
Usmash

Bottom

Dash Attack
Dair
Side B
:laugh: For a second I thought you just copied me. Our lists are mad close.

Even our throws are in the same order. And I didn't think anyone else would put Nair as low as I did.

We truly are R.O.Brothers.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Poop, I came late for the side-b discussion.

I was screwing around in friendlies today playing ROB vs MK and I found out that side-b beats the whorenado. I don't know if that's been mentioned before, I frequent the ROB boards quite often (even if I don't post much) but I could've just plain missed it.

Fsmash is better pretty much all the time since it's easier to time and has a higher chance of killing, but it's pretty friggin' hilarious to hear "it reflects projectiles and breaks the nado?" from people who always thought the move did nothing. Hurm, I guess it could also be useful when you're trying to save fsmash to kill.

Anywho, back on normal discussion, stingers135, can you share anything good about dair besides it being underrated? I WANT to spike people, but no one's nice enough to just chill in my blindspot for about a second and not attack me. I guess I'm just asking for tips/hints on the best occasions to use dair? I've pretty much been conditioned to never use it or look for a reason to use it short of people with terrible recoveries trying to recover. Is there a perfect time to just whip it out? Thanks.

buenob

Smash Lord
on _rare_ occasions it can be used like fox's reflector to slow his decent (for mindgame purposes) but the lag after the move makes this not the best choice...

at certain percents if someone tries to chase after a uthrow, the dair will catch them and since it's right after a hit and there isn't the momentum change, so it hits further down than normal and can catch them off guard

against certain char's recoveries it's easier to land (ie low snake / link etc) but I find bair works just as well usually

against short chars with bad range, if they are trying for a joel combo'd (no mind-games charged) usmash on you, spacing a dair above them can work (but so can landing out of range, which is safer and leads to more options)

if they are in the getup animation, it can be used like gdorfs stomp as an option of they getup with an attack (hop above the attack and dair through it)

doing an 'angry stomp' as a taunt is always the right choice lol

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Side B under the Noncharged Laser? Why?

Side B is not so good but it is not completely useless. At least it is good against Pikachu's. :-P And it is somewhat useful if you have good prediction.

Sudai

Stuff here
You should be using uncharged lasers a lot. I use them till around 120% and then let it charge from there. I usually get a good 25% or more from uncharged lasers every stock. Knock em away? Tap them with a laser while they can't do anything.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ugh, no way. Dair is sooooooooooooo underrated it's amazing.
Totally.

Dair is good for predictable recoveries, I love cathcing the spacies out of side-b's with it. It's completely rare that you will be in the right place at the right time, but nothing says **** like one of those moments.

In my opinion, side-b is most effective for accidental suicides. Oh, and sorry for getting you into the argument bluenob lol. Unless of course you wanted to join. If that's the case, then your welcome lol

Oh and by the way,
01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100110 01110100 01110111 00100001

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i have been looking for a good time to post for a while :) 'sall good

and yeah, side-b definitely has lots of accidental occurrences often leading to death, but that's our fault, not rob's lol

Top Bottom