• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Island Mafia- Town Wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
But yeah. Go smashman, go town, nice try Rockin and good manipulatin', but you looooooose buddeh!
Do I have to remind you how many times you FROWNED AT TOWN after I was looked at as a Town roleblocker? :p

swear to god, if I wasn't a lover, we would've won and you would've been SOOOO pissed LOL

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey, I killed Nix before he got to me! Yeah, I was floundering pretty hard this entire game. Gg's. I'm never being a replacement this far into a game ever again. :mad::mad::mad:

But it was fun nonetheless. Once we lynched Jungle, I was so sure we were going to win. :c Then we got owned by Rockin being in love, and then town got owned for MBJ getting modkilled. And then it was just me vs. Mentos. I had nothin'. :p
Well, MBJ is in Alaska, so I needed a replacement or mod kill him. I thought about just letting Nix replace in as mbj, but then a NL could have been forced. Then if you shot Nix again, you go straight into another night and win. So I decided to just put it at a 3 person lylo.

ALSO to clarify, mentos' songs were yellow on accident. I did the songs yellow first to make it obvious it wasn't just flavor. Then later when an indy died, I accidentally made it yellow. By the time I realized this, it was too late and I had to go with it. I think it made the game more interesting in the end though.

And Rockin got lucky not roleblocking that one night Tom tracked him. ;)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
...when did Xsy play the alkie card LOL
When I first claimed, for some reason, I thought we were on day 5, and reported 4 investigations. Hahaha.

I was drunk, but still-- Rockin was like "So... you realize you investigated too much, right?"

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha yeah, and the yellow text gave me my backup move if smash was leaning toward me... "Ok, I'll just admit it, the yellow text DOES relate to my alignment... I'm a survivor. Now, since killing me won't do you any good, let's take out the maf"

And that was my backup plan:)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
And Rockin got lucky not roleblocking that one night Tom tracked him. ;)
yes, yes I did

I wish Tom tracked EE that day though. However, I'm sure EE would've said that he was miller, chose to backseat with me, which would've put me close to the lynching lol

still. good job guys ^___^

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Major props to Handorin for designing a very good game. I am fairly disappointed at Decisive Games as a whole for all of the inactivity, forcing Handorin to modkill or replace people over and over again. This is directed towards Yaya, karthik_king, Ronike, Niiro, KevinM, Pythag, and 1048576. Look at that list, please, it is way too long. I would like to thank Smashman, Omis, Junglefever, Nix, and Xsyven for replacing in when needed, and sort of ehhh towards MexicanBJ for replacing when needed but then disappearing to Alaska. Also wtf @ A6M0 for not following your role restriction and getting modkilled. And of course, thank you to Mentos, Marshy, Frozenflame, Macman, EE, and Rockin for playing the game to their completion.

Handorin did a great job balancing this game and it stood up to major breakage, even going to a final 3man lylo. I think that deserves major props. You were an excellent mod.

Comments to come in individual formats:

@Mentosman: Again you prove to be an excellent and thoughtful player.

@Yaya: The fact that you "called" Rockin's mafia alignment doesn't mean jack as an accomplishment, as you neither pressed for his lynch by making the argument nor did you even remain in the game.

@Smashman: Great job leading the town at the end of the game! I'll take the big boy pants back, after you put them through the dry cleaning thank you very much! LOL

@Marshy: Very convincing fake posting restriction, it was top notch compared to the ones I've done, so either you put a lot more thought into them than I do or you are just a natural at this game. I think it is both. :)

@Macman: You made some inherently questionable moves on Day 1 and attracted attention to yourself as the serial killer. We talked about this already, but your goal was to survive, silly.

@A6M0: Unique playstyle aside, you didn't follow your post restriction and the town lost its doctor.

@frozenflame: I know you didnt enjoy your role, but I greatly appreciate your activity.

@Karthik_king: We lynched you because you were, as usual, fairly inactive and too brief. Posts need substance, need argument! Ask people questions! I saw your breadcrumbed name claim, and I will give you credit for breadcrumbing when nobody else in the game but you or I did. I still think you are full of potential.

@Evil Eye: I thought you were scum the entire game. You argued with me on very simple matters, and you flatly stated "The reason Im entertaining the idea of a mafia traitor is... I am." which definitely made me think you were a mafia traitor. You even blanketly stated that if Macman flipped independent, I was either scum or lyncher and you refused to acknowledge that he could have been some kind of tracker's miller when you yourself were one. I am very glad that the mafia made the poor choice in killing you because sooner or later I would have tried to lead your lynch.

@Ronike: You are always mafia. Sorry you got busy.

@Omis: Thank you for replacing Ronikey. <3 T-Pain was actually very likely to be in the game so when you claimed him I was positive you were T-Pain until there was a CC. Smashman's arguments were rooted in truth and he responded to anything I asked him, while you didn't really put up much of a fight, to be honest... I was very hesitant to lynch you but you made yourself the better candidate.

@Niiro: I understand that you went through surgery and a lot of contributing factors led to your replacement. I hope you recover well and come back and play more and improve more ;)

@Junglefever: Son, I am disappoint. I'm going to try to avoid being extremely rageful and angry at your play, and I will simply forever question why you made the decisions that you did. There was absolutely no reason for you, as a town-aligned non-doctor, to claim doctor. There was no reason for you to claim that you were roleblocked when you were not. I will leave it at that.

@Rockin: You played this game very well. Although I initially thought you were suspicious enough to warrant a track, you made the miraculously convenient yet highly intelligent decision to skip a night's roleblock when you were tracked. Because I tracked you to one person, I was convinced that I had to entertain the idea that you were a drunk (town RB) and not a hooker (mafia RB), and that ensured your survival. That was a great play of yours. Your total and complete manipulation of Junglefever was another extremely good play; you got a townie to fake-claim roleblocked and then you got him to fake-claim doctor. I don't know how you did it, but you did. Congratulations to you; you were most definitely the scum's MVP.

@Nix: I was screaming at my monitor, TAKE THE SHOT!!! TAKE THE SHHHOOOTTT!!! during the day when you as a town instead lynched Junglefever. I thought he was an obvious lynch target and you should have daykilled him; not only would this have allowed you to lynch again without a mafia nightkill, but it would have also probably convinced mafia to leave the cleared Smashman alive and kill you, as you could possibly have more kills, but you only had one. Regardless, you played very very well this game. I am glad you decided to replace in on SWF and I hope you will stay and play more games. You are a good player and I would definitely like to see more of you.

@Pythag: Bro I thought you were scummy all game. xD

@MexicanBJ: You did a fairly good job of not getting killed. You made the right decision not to roleclaim as if you died mafia could have won the game. However, that day I had already tracked and cleared you. In fact, I even made a post that said only this and I quote: "@MexicanBJ: In no way do you have to claim if you dont want to." Note the breadcrumb , "@MexicanBJ: In no" as you were my innocent that I claimed to have gotten on the same day. Sadly, nobody looked for breadcrumbs and they missed this. Regardless, you gave off much more of a town vibe to me than Pythag did, which is saying something because Pythag is an established player.

@1048576: I'm sorry you left mid-game simply because of dis-interest. Games are commitments and you should not have done that.

@Xsyven: You had the impossible job of replacing in for a suspicious player who was mafia on Day 4 during a mass name/roleclaim. Regardless, I am extremely thankful that you heard the call and volunteered to replace. You are a good friend.

@Tom: yeah, I know, I'm the shit. Best player ever.

Thanks to everyone who tried hard and made this game a success against all odds.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I would just look even more like a PR than I was already trying to, since I'd be tracked to you and you wouldn't be dead. EDIT: That's to Rockin.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I knew that I would be completely ****ed if anyone CC me. After a while I just gave up so I wouldnt incriminate any other mafia.
The thing was, I shouldn't have made you quit. I should've let you keep fighting even after Tom's invincible wall of text. At least then you would've went down fighting...=/

okay, I see several keeps wanting to know how I fooled JF.

Okay, first things first: Junglefever, I'm not bashing you at all. You are a good player who, like me, gets gullable (anyone that plays Batman knows what I'm talking about).

On Day 3, I told Junglefever that my character sometimes 'randomly dances' with other people at night. That all she does is just visits them at night, leaving off a '**** flavor.' I told him that it was random and Hando randomly chooses. When Day 3 came up. I said I randomly danced where FF's body was and he bought the story. This was when you saw him slightly supporting me (by telling town to take it easy, or to table me for now and speak of other people.)

Now when Day 4 came, I roleblocked Mentos while convincing junglefever to claim 'jizzed.' I told him that Mafia may try to frame me by claiming ****. The tactic of a fake claim by jf and the real claim by mentos was to make both parties suspicious to tom and other townies, mainly Mentos. I wanted to keep Junglefever as long as I could so I can scapegoat him later on. when Junglefever posted that he'd prove his claim after the nameclaim (keep in mind, he said this before and that's when I spoke up that I roleclaimed him), Tom looked at him very suspiciously. So, to not only help him be more townish, but to help prove my claim, I convinced him to...roleclaim doctor. This adds benifits to mafia by

- luring out the real doc. I was sure there was a doctor in the game (not knowing the real doc got modkilled. LULZ), and I really needed to know who the hell it was so he can be night killed

- holds some townishness for Junglefever

however, it was shot down and made JF look more suspicious by Tom. Incase there was some kind of gayness, I made some legit night actions jf did as 'doc,' so as to maybe benifit later (that soon arose when EFFIN Smashman claimed T-Pain). When smashman cc, I wanted to lead the smashman lynch. so that way, even though they know they lynched the real t-pain, they would be like:

Tom: Okay, so it's obvious Omis is NOT T-pain

town: Yeah!

Tom: But since smashman was actually a bullet proof townie, that means jf's words are ****

Town: LYNCH JUNGLEFEVER

Rockin: Yeah, eff Jf!

....however, upon looking at it like that, since we were lovers, we would've been lynched, followed by Omis, and then the world would be on Xsyven...BUT IT WOULD'VE BEEN SOOO FUNNY!

so yeah, I did my best. again, since I can't stress it enough, I effin hate Lovers. it should not be in future Mafia games LOL

so...yeah, that was my plan. Basically, my main plan after Day 3 was to put all focus on me so as to buy time to safely NK Tom, because he was being a prick with the track ability XD

Yaya

Smash Champion
hmm.

Rockin's Claim Seems Fit For A Mafia Cheerleader (or Hooker, I'm Used To The Irc Term), A Club Girl, Female, A Roleblocking Pr, Targeted A Random Person Who Has Not Suspiscious In Any Way, And Did Not Claim A N1 Action.

fos: Rockin

If He Doesn't Defend, This Fos Will Turn Into A Vote.
8. rockin, Club Girl From **** In My Pants (mafia Hooker And lover)
Haaaaaaaah

Day 2 Prediction

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I like how I successfully predicted Yaya's gloating and dismissed it before it even happened.

Ronike

Smash Ace
*sigh* Hooker = lover? Maybe. CHEATING hooker = lover? ... um no. Gah, I almost wish I could have kept at it... Knew we shoulda claimed Rogen... Oh well. Props to Rockin for being such a boss. I honestly hope you aren't mafia/indy against when I'm not on your team. That would be frightening...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
*sigh* Hooker = lover? Maybe. CHEATING hooker = lover? ... um no. Gah, I almost wish I could have kept at it... Knew we shoulda claimed Rogen... Oh well. Props to Rockin for being such a boss. I honestly hope you aren't mafia/indy against when I'm not on your team. That would be frightening...
Oh please, everyone knows you're a better Mafia then me. I just got lucky XD

also, you never know. I could've been a ho becoming a house wife :p

*pleas to Junglefever*

so, we're still mason buddies? ;D

Handorin

Smash Hero
6 were replaced
1 lynched for inactivity
1 mod killed for inactivity
1 lynched for a restriction and a bit of inactivity
That's 9/15 people. GGz

Also, Nix told me he really wish he would have taken the shot. He was kinda waiting on MBJ to post, but he ended up visiting Palin and left nix high and dry. I'll try to get him back for other games.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
heheh Tom, again I apologize for poor play and beign manipulated so easily. I read my role PM wrong...twice. And that sort of ****ed me over.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Actually, I ran my mouth for like 10 straight minutes on AIM, he just said that to maintain his mod supremacy.

Niiro

Smash Ace
@Niiro: I understand that you went through surgery and a lot of contributing factors led to your replacement. I hope you recover well and come back and play more and improve more ;)
=D thank you for the support =D. i'm kinda depressed. every game that i become a replacement in, or join from the start, my side loses, but every game that I get replaced at, my side wins D:

its a sign that I'm a terrible player. *hangs head in shame*

Top Bottom