• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Living Factory

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I doubt it's scientifically accurate, but that's amazing.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's possible that some things were slightly altered to make the video more visually intereting. Considering that it's from Harvard it's probably pretty accuarate.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
You know, it was kind of neat, but I would find it a lot more interesting if they actually told us what we were seeing.

The video didn't teach anything at all, really. It was just some cool looking animation set to music. If it had actually explained anything, or at least named whatever I was looking at so I could look it up myself, I would have been impressed. As it is, I'm not.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Graphically it was pretty cool, a bunch of the animation looked like they'd based it off colored electron micrographs (not real ones mind you, but the art style resembled them).

The human body is amazing, and though this video doesn't accurately represent exactly what everything looks like, it does have a lot of stuff going on and that is an aspect the video does convey.

Also I'm going to doublecheck and make sure it really is from harvard.

I still prefer the more realistic textbook descriptions and pictures.

EDIT: Yeah, the molecular and cell biology dept. at Harvard is indeed doing a whole BioVisions thing, led by Dr. Robert A. Lue. So I guess the processes demonstrated must be accurate.

Peeze

Smash Master
I liked it, but i agree with mediocre, it needs some kind of labeling system, just showing me animations of floatin peices of poop leaves me wondering what i just saw.

Zink

Smash Champion
This has been on YouTube for months. It's hard to tell what's going on most of the time. I guess it could be described as a human body combo video.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
Right right. I really should have given a bit more info in my post.

This WAS made by Harvard, and IS very accurate (though of course, not perfect). It was made for the bio students at Harvard to give them a more interesting way of looking at the cell, rather than those bland, motionless pictures one sees in a textbook.

As for an explanation as to what you are looking at, here:

http://www.sciencechatforum.com/bulletin/viewtopic.php?p=24688&sid=11654a5699c29bad74a19d4153e1e534

It is still kind of hard to understand it all, but this does help a bit.

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
Already seen it.

Anyways, I watched it in biology class and our teacher explained to us everything that was happening. Where or not it is accurate is hard to tell because everything in this video was based on theory.

Ami

Smash Ace
Hey, that was really cool. Nice music, too. It reminds me of a video game.

I could tell some transcription (was there some translation? I don't know if I caught that or not) was goin' on there near the end: the ribosome, amino acid and all that.

Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom