• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The living definition of Irony

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So i was browsing on my usual forums today, and i was actually paying attention on one of the forums, and i came across the living definition of irony.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=244

Im starting to wonder where brawl's popularity will stop. >.>

and if you're thinking "Oh, well why wouldnt they do that, brawl is that popular"... you have nooooo idea how much srk hates smash (which apparently i should be saying how much they hate "melee" )

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man, as a lurker on SRK and here it's shocked me how much more positive and hype the SRK folks are about Brawl than those here. It's like a complete paradigm shift from Melee sentiments to Brawl sentiments.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah man, as a lurker on SRK and here it's shocked me how much more positive and hype the SRK folks are about Brawl than those here. It's like a complete paradigm shift from Melee sentiments to Brawl sentiments.
it's really creepy how fast they flipped over brawl.

What's creepier is that on the surface (which is how far they looked into melee), brawl should be "worse" than melee to them.

benf

Smash Rookie
Wow. You just posted that since some people on SRK like brawl and since most of them hated it before, it obviously blows past the HUUUUUGE disagreement melee lovers are having about the new game.

Also, no reference to the types of games SRK plays. No mention of the several smash threads. Not to mention I am a active member of both (with more activity here as I am a 'n00b' (intermediate) player at most 2d capcoms.

BTW brawl is garbage and will be remembered as such. Don't need to play it any further to tell you.

benf

Smash Rookie
Also forgot to add: comparing that thread on SRK to the rest of its (extremely in depth, informative) content is like comparing General Brawl discussion to the smash back room.

Even some noob who likes throwing lk tigers all day and knows f d df+p can register. Don't mean the real SRK'ers take 'em seriously.

EDIT: lol I didnt know SRK needed the advertising traffic enough to make a sub-forum. The whole time i've posted I assumed you linked to the huge brawl meta-thread they previously had.

But I still stand by the point that a smash thread/forum/discussion area will probably disintegrate the second public registration is available. I really wish the god **** smash back room was read only.

I also still think (hope really) that the majority of SRKers know that this game is a piece of **** and a big loose floppy oyster ditch compared to the tight, firm, sensual seduction that is melee.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Wow. You just posted that since some people on SRK like brawl and since most of them hated it before, it obviously blows past the HUUUUUGE disagreement melee lovers are having about the new game.

Also, no reference to the types of games SRK plays. No mention of the several smash threads. Not to mention I am a active member of both (with more activity here as I am a 'n00b' (intermediate) player at most 2d capcoms.

BTW brawl is garbage and will be remembered as such. Don't need to play it any further to tell you.
Lol 'k. Your opinion has deep meaning for me, you know.

k-masera

Smash Rookie
I also still think (hope really) that the majority of SRKers know that this game is a piece of **** and a big loose floppy oyster ditch compared to the tight, firm, sensual seduction that is melee.
Brawl is just kind of fun, Melee is alright; ST still wrecks every other fighting game ever made

in b4 "OMG MELEE IS SO TECHNICAL HOW CAN YOU LIKE ST" from some idiot smash player who doesn't know anything about fighting game theory ;>

benf

Smash Rookie
Something that I did not mention:

I post on this board to share my (just as relevant as yours) opinion on the game that brings us all together.

If I say said game is a huge disapointment (btw those = terrible games), I would probably need a better reason then "uh well it just doesn't play as well.."

rundown:
every new sequal wether brawl or melee 2.0 gets pretty new stages and characters. Maybe even some cool features.

How faithfully this game gaped the bridge of melee technicality, and pick up and playness pretty much was all I was interested in when playing brawl.

All it does it make the game easier, take away fine sense of control that led to satisfying game situations (stuff like crazy on the pixel recoveries/edgegaurds, pikachus up b madness, doc waveland chicanery, or something).

As a party game player you get more of these when the fields even.

When the competition realises all that seperates goods from pros is who can mixup approach better (important principle, undeniably), and not who has a really, really crazy crazy devotion/hitbox knowedge, frame data expertise/application, they will realise it is not so fun.

Top Bottom