• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I first played the Mega Microgame$! because my friend had it. I remember the advertisements on TV for the other WarioWare games but I could never afford a new system. When Brawl came out I recognized some of the content but I didn't know who Ashley was. After that I kind of lost interest in video games until Smash 4 was revealed.

During the Smash 4 Speculation Days I do recall seeing Ashley's name thrown around a few times but, I never thought much of her. I remember the day Ashley's assist trophy was revealed people were really upset and I was somewhat surprised she had a fairly large following that had remained hidden until the day all the Ashley supporters came out on Miiverse.

What really got my attention toward Ashley was the Mii outfit. I figured the outcry at her assist trophy reveal and votes on the ballot made a difference. At that moment I went back to play the WarioWare games I missed to catch up on Ashley.

During this speculation I started suggesting Ashley to only get mostly lukewarm responses towards her chances of being playable which really bothers me. It just seems up till after E3 the general Western opinion is starting to take Ashley seriously. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when they see Ashley and I look forward to it.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Maybe she should get her own series then. :p
Ashley making it in Smash is only the beginning. It's as Sakurai said "Her Star continiues to grow". At this rate she'll get her own game before Waluigi!

Edit: How Cow guys! I come back to check up on things and we're already on page 9?!!!!

Last edited:

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
I had an older step brother with a DS lite and he wouldn't let me play on it. I would sneak in his room when he wasn't home and play on it. WarioWare was one of my favorite games he had to play. One day he caught me playing on his DS and as I was running away he tripped me and I fell down the stairs and broke the DS. He wan't happy.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I've liked Ashley since playing Smooth Moves. I became aware of her song in Brawl and loved it, but still didn't know her too well. It was only after I saw her as an assist in Smash 4 I started really liking the character. Looked up a lot of stuff about her and was happy I wasn't alone. I really started supporting her inclusion once we started getting DLC, and now I'm all in on her for Ultimate.

Not entirely sure why Ashley gripped me, but I'm here and I'm not getting off this ride.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
For anyone who has played the fangame SSBCrusade, what's your opinion on Ashley's moveset and would you like it/change it if she got in Smash.

Calane

Smash Ace
I think I found out about Ashley through Brawl after hearing her song. I don't recall what prompted me to do it, but I remember looking her up at some point and finding a particular picture that made me really like her design. And even though I've never played a WarioWare game, I've been rather fond of Ashley ever since. The picture that made me adore her design all those years ago was this one right here:

Ashley.(Warioware).full.1912105.jpg

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Im a big fan of the warioware series in general and ashleys been my favorite inclusion for a long time! Really cool to see the different way people discover more obscure characters.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm not sure when my support for Ashley started, but the seeds were definitely planted after hearing her theme in Brawl. When I first heard it I scoffed. I felt it was one of those songs that it would be silly to like. Though, after hearing it all the way through (Probably through a youtube playlist or something) I really liked it. After that I came across her sticker in Brawl and thought she was cute (I have an affinity towards cute characters in general). She was never really a character I supported until I saw her Assist Trophy get confirmed in 3DS/Wii U and realized "Damn, she could have been a cool character." So since then I've been on the Ashley train. I've never played the Warioware games either, I just really enjoy her design and concept. Eveyday that passes I get a little more excited that she could be possible

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, about Ashley's white hair and red eyes, is that like a super form for her?
Ashley goes Super Saiyen there's no need for Goku.

In all seriousness though, Ashley's hair also turns white when she gets mad. In Ashley's game in Game & Wario if you bump into too much stuff when she's on her broom Ashley gets mad and you have to calm her down by touching her face on the Wii U gamepad touchscreen.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ashley goes Super Saiyen there's no need for Goku.

In all seriousness though, Ashley's hair also turns white when she gets mad. In Ashley's game in Game & Wario if you bump into too much stuff when she's on her broom Ashley gets mad and you have to calm her down by touching her face on the Wii U gamepad touchscreen.
So it looks like Ashley managed to acquire Ultra Instinct long before Goku ever did. Better start running' Jiren. :p

Anyways, I'm just gonna drop by and say that I'm in full-support of Ashley hopefully joining Smash Bros Ultimate as a playable fighter. I think she'd be a worthwhile inclusion to the Smash Bros roster, so yeah, here's to Ashley joining Smash Ultimate.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
The Smash website Assist trophy update was for Bomberman. The dream lives on!

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
The Smash website Assist trophy update was for Bomberman. The dream lives on!
I don't think we're going to get ATs that weren't shown off in the demo or at the direct in the blog for a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can be hopeful for Ashley. A lack of deconfirmation always gives us an idea that she has a chance.
Question is, is it a plausible thing? I wanna say yes, but the "not too many newcomers" promise has me thinking that we'll get 1 newcomer at most, and at that point it'd be more likely to be another Pokemon rep.

However, if people like Relax Alax are right and we get like 9 more? Then she has a great chance for sure.

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
Adding to my "she is reading the book with Robin" speculation, Ashley has been seen reading magic books multiple times in WarioWare. She has a whole library of them, in fact.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Adding to my "she is reading the book with Robin" speculation, Ashley has been seen reading magic books multiple times in WarioWare. She has a whole library of them, in fact.
I can just so easily see her there leaning over to look at Robins tome. Would be perfect and in Character. I hope it turns out to be true.

On a Somewhat off topic bit of joy Just felt like posting Ashley's Rythem heaven Cameo.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I wanna say yes, but the "not too many newcomers" promise has me thinking that we'll get 1 newcomer at most, and at that point it'd be more likely to be another Pokemon rep.
1 newcomer is extremely pessimistic. According to the somewhat credible Vergeben leak "at least half a dozen newcomers are still to be revealed."

We're not sure it this includes echoes but at least it gives us space for speculation.

D

Deleted member

1 newcomer is extremely pessimistic. According to the somewhat credible Vergeben leak "at least half a dozen newcomers are still to be revealed."

We're not sure it this includes echoes but at least it gives us space for speculation.
I might be a pretty big pessimist, but I won't complain if/when I'm wrong about these kinda things.

That said, I won't pay attention to leak info since they are so high-quality and/or accurate by chance despite being fake 97% of the time.

In any case, regardless of what I find likely, I'll root for Ashley all the way as my current top "wanted newcomer".

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1009455106637656064

So, Sakurai definitely knew Ashley's franchise had a new game coming back when he made the Project Plan. Looking good.
So far the leak seems credible to believe that WarioWare Gold started back as in late 2015. This is the same development team that produced Rhythm Heaven Megamix correct? If that's the case we could assume WarioWare Gold started within the following months after Rhythm Heaven Megamix's Japan release. The Wiki page says Rhythm Heaven Megamix came out in Japan June 2015 and took over a year to localize for other regions so I don't know if that complicates things.

If Sakurai didn't start Smash Ultimate until shortly after Wii U/3DS DLC then that be around the early to mid 2016. I'd like to think Sakurai is given inside information within concurrent projects held within Nintendo. After all Roy and the Yoshi's Wooly World stage got in before their respective titles in which they first appeared released.

Expecting WarioWare Gold content within Smash Ultimate actually seems possible. The latest WarioWare content from Game & Wario is already represented in Smash Wii U/3DS. It makes sense as to why they would want to update WarioWare.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
1529514351777.png

Could Ashley truly be in the next game? The last bit of Smash DLC had Ashley as a Mii outfit announced around this time in December of 2015, plus with somewhat believable WarioWare Gold rumored to start development in 2015. The Ashley Mii costume is likely a direct influence from the Ballot!

Could she be in?!

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
Expecting WarioWare Gold content within Smash Ultimate actually seems possible. The latest WarioWare content from Game & Wario is already represented in Smash Wii U/3DS. It makes sense as to why they would want to update WarioWare.
We do know that they updated the WarioWare logo to the Gold version in Japan.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't think this really matters much for Ashley's chances. She stayed relevant and popular no matter when the plan was done.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Damn, Ashley keeps getting more and more good news. This went from "cool but not super likely, like 35% Chance" from me to "that seems pretty likley, like a 55% Chance" to "Probably the third most likely unique newcomer" for me. Literally outside of Simon and K. Rool I struggle to define a more likely newcomer, although that is just me.

Last edited:

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this really matters much for Ashley's chances. She stayed relevant and popular no matter when the plan was done.
Indeed, but 2015 specifically had her in Mario Maker and it was the beginning of the Ashley Badge Onslaught in Badge Arcade.

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Somebody linked this article on MarioWiki, 2015 was one of the best years for Ashley. Link to this article
I know your lurking, Squid

This pretty much sums up all I had noticed as well. Ashley was a great choice at the time of the planned roster for Smash Bros 5.
Oh does Glowsquid visit SmashBoards? It's cool to run into Mario Wiki people.

If you're reading this Glowsquid, I really hope Ashley gets in for your sake. Not that I'm also not a big supporter mind you.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
After lurking on this forum for the past few days, I thought I'd dig up my old account and show my support for Ashley. Now that Ridley's finally made it into Smash, the only characters that I'm truly interested in seeing are Ashley and K. Rool. Count me among your ranks, as I honestly can't see a version of Ultimate without Ashley, what with all the marketing she's been doing over in Japan on behalf of Nintendo.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Thanks for getting my hopes up regarding ashley.
I feel like she could be made to be a tricky character, cuz she's Not known to be traditional. she could have interesting spells and traps or something.

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Man I don't want to get my hopes up too much, I already got blasted enough as is ;o

Chances look good, outside looking in but it all boils down to Sakurai in the end

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Man I don't want to get my hopes up too much, I already got blasted enough as is ;o

Chances look good, outside looking in but it all boils down to Sakurai in the end
After Smash 4's development, I started feeling the same way about Smash speculation, but after that E3 showing last week, I'm optimistic.

Sakurai is obviously aware of Ashley's popularity, namely in his home country. I mean, how often does a side character outgrow the series they're from and become one of the company's actual marketing tactics? Especially with the fanbase she seems to have in Japan, I'll be surprised if Sakurai doesn't jump on that opportunity to further normalize Ashley as a household name.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Somebody linked this article on MarioWiki, 2015 was one of the best years for Ashley. Link to this article
I know your lurking, Squid

This pretty much sums up all I had noticed as well. Ashley was a great choice at the time of the planned roster for Smash Bros 5.
Wow! Ashley had her own cleaning cloth set as part of a club Nintendo reward?! That would be interesting to own!

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I wonder what her charcter trailer will be like and how/if it will feature her together with Wario making some money with the mini-game company.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
> It starts off as Wario getting an invitation back to Smash, the letter says he is eligible to bring a guest with him this time around, he goes to Waluigi's house, knocks on the door and invites Waluigi. Waluigi is finally happy, so they walk off to Smash together. Wario hands Waluigi his card to get in.

> So Waluigi takes the bus over to Smash HQ, he leaves and entered the building. "Card?" the girl asks, Waluigi digs in his pockets, oh, he left it on the bus. Ashley's on the bus notices it then proceeds to pick it up and cashes it in! Boom, Ashley joins the brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom