• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If we get another SNK rep, who do you think it would be?
I think it would be popular characters like Kyo and Iori, or old school characters like Athena, Kensou, Ralf and Clark. but for some reason I want to see Kim, too. Make him cancel Haki Kyaku into special moves.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I'm hedging my bets on Nakoruru since she is one of the mascots of SNK but I wouldn't be surprised if Iori's the next character since Sakurai did say "Whoever designed this character is a genius." ;)

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I'm hedging my bets on Nakoruru since she is one of the mascots of SNK but I wouldn't be surprised if Iori's the next character since Sakurai did say "Whoever designed this character is a genius." ;)
I liked how he was placed as the last character trying to grab the invitation. He shakes in shock, then starts laughing like a maniac.
Maybe next time...?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it would be popular characters like Kyo and Iori, or old school characters like Athena, Kensou, Ralf and Clark. but for some reason I want to see Kim, too. Make him cancel Haki Kyaku into special moves.
Marco Rossi. Besides Metal Slug's gameplay lending itself pretty well to Smash, he's the least likely to be deconfirmed since the only appearance his series has at all so far is through a few music tracks (which are barely scratching the surface of the series' music).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Leona solely because of my huge bias towards her

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I had a really long match today while Psycho Soldier was playing and now it's stuck in my head on repeat.

Fiyah, Fiyahh~

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Are GC controllers easier for command inputs?

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Hmmm.

How do you guys think Terry's Shoto matchup is? IMO he actually loses; they beat even Terry's boxing game, and Hadoken is better at shutting Terry out than Power Wave is at shutting the Shotos out.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
KoF XV stuff got leaked, though we don’t know how reliable the source is (it’s from Japan), SNK is cursed to have lots of their announcements leaked (Rock in XIV, Sogetsu in SamSho, Terry in Smash, etc). Despite that, take it with a grain of salt.
• The Character Templates were all redone from scratch, SNK does not intend to reuse anything from KoF XIV
• The game because of the brutal improvement of the graphs and having to redo everything from scratch, the game had 40 characters
• The gameplay will be based on KoF 2002 Unlimited Match
• KoF XV is planned to launch in August 2021
• SNK revealed that KiF XIV officially reached 700,000 copies sold by bundling its PC / PS4 versions and that the company plans to achieve 1 million copies with KoF XV.
• SNK does not think of launching a game trailer before July

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
KoF XV stuff got leaked, though we don’t know how reliable the source is (it’s from Japan), SNK is cursed to have lots of their announcements leaked (Rock in XIV, Sogetsu in SamSho, Terry in Smash, etc). Despite that, take it with a grain of salt.
• The Character Templates were all redone from scratch, SNK does not intend to reuse anything from KoF XIV
• The game because of the brutal improvement of the graphs and having to redo everything from scratch, the game had 40 characters
• The gameplay will be based on KoF 2002 Unlimited Match
• KoF XV is planned to launch in August 2021
• SNK revealed that KiF XIV officially reached 700,000 copies sold by bundling its PC / PS4 versions and that the company plans to achieve 1 million copies with KoF XV.
• SNK does not think of launching a game trailer before July
In fairness to the Smash one, we didn't actually know about Terry getting in until like, what, half an hour before the Direct he showed up in, so points to that, I guess.

In regards to the leak source, was it from 5Chan? If so, dispose of it.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
well, would you look at that
looks like snk's showing up in this
hopefully we finally get some kof xv gameplay
also
what would you guys like to see in the game
personally
iirc snk said that a scrapped concept they had for some of the early kofs was a samsho team consisting of nakoruru, haohmaru and galford. i REALLY wanna see them revisit that concept

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It not feeling like the game is in slow-mo.
If resurrected characters are part of the roster, Jeff Bogard using obscure Terry moves like Fire Kick.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
also
personally
iirc snk said that a scrapped concept they had for some of the early kofs was a samsho team consisting of nakoruru, haohmaru and galford. i REALLY wanna see them revisit that concept
I want Rugal back, Ash and Elizabeth back, and some crazy deep cuts. I'm hoping Rock Howard is a base game in-story member now that he's old enough, and I really want my boy Khushnood Butt to get onto a team. Raiden, of course, is a must. And yeah, with the universes colliding and Verse resurrecting so many, I think we really gotta see some deep cuts and surprises. I'm almost certain at least Shermie is coming back after Heroines, and I'm pretty sure Nakoruru is sticking around.

Oh, and I finally want Marco or Fio to make a main game playable appearance! Fio was a striker, let her in! Let her fight!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
HOW did none of you mention
the one and only
the chads

THE MOTHER****ING AMERICAN SPORTS TEAM

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
also
personally
I want to see Lien Neville come back, she was the best thing to come out of the Impact games.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I would like to see Fatal Fury characters that never got in KoF. Sokaku or Laurence would be cool.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Probably Marco & Co. During the SNK leak, aside from Terry I think I saw the most rallying behind the Metal Slug crew.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
The New Game+ Expo stream is happening tomorrow, June 23, at 8 AM PDT, with SNK making an appearance. We’re going to have a look at the final Samurai Shodown fighter for season 2, and hopefully get more info on the new Metal Slug games and KOF XV. Who’s excited?

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just heard that SNK is working on a brand new console. Honestly curious as to what it will be. If it's an HD console on par with the PS4 or PS5, I wonder if it will have third-party support.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Just heard that SNK is working on a brand new console. Honestly curious as to what it will be. If it's an HD console on par with the PS4 or PS5, I wonder if it will have third-party support.

Hopefully the new console's games won't cost a zillion dollars each. XD

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why would SNK's new console games be excessively expensive?
The Neo Geo games were quite expensive, likely because they were closer to arcade ports than what you'd find on the SNES/Genesis.

A Super NES was $200 plus about $60 per game. A Neo Geo was $650 plus about $200 per game. The games on Neo Geo had higher quality graphics and other advantages (it was basically like having arcade-quality games in your home, which was a big deal at the time), but not many people were going to pay the cost of an entire console per game.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The Neo Geo games were quite expensive, likely because they were closer to arcade ports than what you'd find on the SNES/Genesis.

A Super NES was $200 plus about $60 per game. A Neo Geo was $650 plus about $200 per game. The games on Neo Geo had higher quality graphics and other advantages (it was basically like having arcade-quality games in your home, which was a big deal at the time), but not many people were going to pay the cost of an entire console per game.
Holy crap. I did NOT know that. Back in the day, I played all mine Fatal Fury games on the SNES.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Holy crap. I did NOT know that. Back in the day, I played all mine Fatal Fury games on the SNES.
I grew up during the 16-bit era and read EGM a lot so I knew about the Neo Geo system and how expensive it was. I remember wanting one but Mom and Dad said no because of the cost. XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Top Bottom